Apparently Pokemon is EVIL! O:

Dwarven King

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the natural trend of our era - we are going to call the mother stupid for exercising her own view as to how a parent should treat a child? Look, it may sound stupid to you, but it's rational to them, and who can say they are right or wrong? Beings such as the Devil - an embodiment of negative emotions - are on a higher level than us, because they are able to influence, alter, and change the environment in ways that we never could accomplish. Hatred, fear, etc. are all things that we will never be able to grasp, because their very nature entails that we cannot! We wouldn't know why the child does this or that - it could be Pokémon with the influence of the devil, it could be the parent with the influence of the devil, why, it could be me, sitting right here, retelling the words of the devil. I wouldn't know, you wouldn't know, no one would know, as it is such a power that cannot be known for a source.

All we know is that the devil is there. It's almost like the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, albeit cut in half. You know that the Devil is there, you know that it is in everything and everyone, you know it and experience it everyday; I experience it everyday, in my sorrow, my hatred, my fears...

But we just don't know what it's actually doing, where it's actually going, and why it's doing it. And that is where so many interpretations are lost.

That's what I feel, and I have to say, perhaps I am a bit happier now, getting some of that clutter off my chest.

• 2 months later...

Here is to whoever typed this up (unless someone on YCM made this not meaning what it said, just to generate discussion):

Children who play Pokemon will not be mean and loyal to Satan just because they`re playing Pokémon. (Keep on reading) Pokémon is not evil, cruel, nor related to Satan and Hell, and it does not involve slavery, abuse, OR violence. You just think that because you`re making assumptions based on what you see in the show and do not know enough about it. The Pokémon are very willing to battle with the humans they live with, and this is not because of slavery or abuse: The Pokémon are good friends with them, and they enjoy it too. You`re probably thinking it`s violent because the Pokémon seem to look like they die -- THEY DON`T. They just faint, and recover after some sleep. There`s nothing wrong with evolution, in my opinion -- it`s not even evolving, but probably how the Pokémon grow up in life. So if you understand these things and that Pokémon is not intentionally unholy, then take away the consequences you gave to your son, and realize that Pokémon is more than a TV show: It`s something you misunderstood.

Make sure the italic message gets to whoever typed the things about Pokémon being evil. (If no response, possible troll detected.)

Archived