Zombie Survival Guide

SHINI [THE CHAOS]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zombie_Survival_Guide

Apparently this guy named Max Brooks made a Zombie Survival Guide that average citizens could follow in case of an outbreak.

I wanted to buy this book today at Borders and evaluate on what he wrote, but my parents said it was stupid.

Discuss what you think about this book, and what it talks about.

From what I've read, it is well thought out. The information it supplies matches very well against what we see in the movies.

What I found interesting was that it was found in the Humour section in borders, but this book is not funny at all. It even has stories that talk about real Zombie Outbreaks. They are fictional (I think), but they sound real. This book is dead-serious, like he wanted people to prepare or something.

If God told me that I had 5 days to prepare for a zombie outbreak, I would buy this book.

I know that chances are that a Zombie Outbreak won't happen, but we can never truly know. Humans don't know everything, so when people say that Zombies aren't real, it's not really a true statement.

Also, what I find weird is that if Zombies aren't real, where did ideas of them come from? This doesn't apply to just Zombies, it applies to other Myths as well. For example Dragons. Cultures around the world have stories of this creature, but people say they were never real. If they were never real, then how could so many people talk about it?

We all know that things like this probably don't exist, but there is always a .1 out of a 100 percent chance that they are.

Anyways, Discuss people.

Yes, it is stupid to buy this book just in case of a Zombie attack, but you can just buy it for fun and just don't believe it. I myself bought a Tarot set just because I wanted to spend money and I think it is fun (actually, how Sartorius used them made me want a set as well). But don't you think that 1% is a little high? Or did you mean 0.01% chance?

anyways, more like 0.0001% chance if you ask me.

I would buy it. Not because I think Zombies are real, but hey, you never know what could happen. Alot of things have been unexpected. I would buy it, just to study Zombies, and the possibility of it happening is more than .0001% because there are people out there that will infect out country with viruses if they could. Who knows, maybe it turns people into Zombies.

I'm also a fan of Zombie-like fiction, i.e. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dawn of the Dead, etc.

I would buy it. Not because I think Zombies are real' date=' but hey, you never know what could happen. Alot of things have been unexpected. I would buy it, just to study Zombies, and the possibility of it happening is more than .0001% because there are people out there that will infect out country with viruses if they could. Who knows, maybe it turns people into Zombies.

I'm also a fan of Zombie-like fiction, i.e. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Dawn of the Dead, etc.

[/quote']

Well i did read the book and i do feel prepaired for a zombie out break =3

i loved it =3

i give it a 9/10

funny and resource full

I'm glad there is some people that feel like I do. That there is always a possibilty. But chances are that it won't happen.

It was a pretty cool book though. It was just so realistic and well thought out' date=' it's freaky.[/size']

... I bought it.

Guys...

It's a freaking joke and a FREAKING PARODY. Get over it.

FYI, Max Brooks is none other than the son of Mel Brooks. That shows.

Also, get World War Z from the same guy. What he wrote, while it is(and SHOULD be) treated as a false documentary, is unbelievably good. It's surprisingly accurate when it comes to the theme "destruction of society", as much as the zombie legend himself, George Romero, did.

Archived