Sora vs Tama (Finished, Sora Wins)

Sora1499

Since my other 1v1 got locked, I figured I'd start a new one. This isn't for the leaderboard, just for fun.

Card Requirements:
*Make an Xyz monster that requires 3 materials.
*No other requirements or rules.

Prizes:
*Winner selects a (legal) image and member title for the loser to have for a week.

First to have 2 votes or the most votes by wednesday wins. Anyone wanna give it a go?

[spoiler='Card A'][url="http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/28953-Xyz_Swarm/147651-Number_113__Devourer_the_Dark_Lord"][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/147651.jpg[/img][/url] [/spoiler]
[spoiler='Card B'][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/119136.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Sora, didn't I already see this card somewhere before? In any case, I'll have to go with Tama's since yours is pretty broken to me. It avoids any effects that trigger when it's sent to the Graveyard, which would be ok if it was only itself, but any monster sent ever means it's like an alternate banish zone, whichs means that it can just be filled up with cards! Not good design to me that's for sure. If it was simply "when this card attacks" or "when a monster is destroyed by battle or a card effect" or something it would be more acceptable for me to accept as a Vanilla Xyz Material Xyz Monsters.

So vote goes to Golden Carp!

[quote name='Zaziuma' timestamp='1357939519' post='6118369']
Sora, didn't I already see this somewhere before? In any case, I'll have to go with Tama's since yours is pretty broken to me. It avoids any effects that trigger when it's sent to the Graveyard, which would be ok if it was only itself, but any monster sent ever means it's like an alternate banish zone, whichs means that it can just be filled up with cards! Not good design to me that's for sure. If it was simply "when this card attacks" or "when a monster is destroyed by battle or a card effect" or something it would be more acceptable for me to accept as a vanilla Xyz Material requirement monster.

So vote goes to Golden Carp!
[/quote]
Actually, Sora's isn't all [i]that[/i] broken because it requires 3 Level 3 monsters, which is a formidable challenge and you would have to create a Deck focused around it to in any way abuse it. Tama's is easily used by both Frognarchs and Merlanteans. Drawing three cards is too much, I think, you should put a maximum of two and the last effect is pushing it. With Frognarchs, though you typically wouldn't want to put your frogs back into your Deck, it's not too much of a problem because you've just drawn three cards and once carp is dead, you get Swap Frog to fill up your Graveyard again... and with Merlanteans, they get an extreme boost and the last searching part is incredibly powerful.

I will go with Sora's.

[quote name='☯AixDivadis☯' timestamp='1357940214' post='6118379']
Actually, Sora's isn't all [i]that[/i] broken because it requires 3 Level 3 monsters, which is a formidable challenge and you would have to create a Deck focused around it to in any way abuse it. Tama's is easily used by both Frognarchs and Merlanteans. Drawing three cards is too much, I think, you should put a maximum of two and the last effect is pushing it. With Frognarchs, though you typically wouldn't want to put your frogs back into your Deck, it's not too much of a problem because you've just drawn three cards and once carp is dead, you get Swap Frog to fill up your Graveyard again... and with Merlanteans, they get an extreme boost and the last searching part is incredibly powerful.

I will go with Sora's.
[/quote]
One for One on Dark Spider, plus a Tour Guide, and boom there's your card. Ther's also a Birdman Tactic you could abuse probably. I would say it's pretty easy.

[quote name='Zaziuma' timestamp='1357940581' post='6118387']
One for One on Dark Spider, plus a Tour Guide, and boom there's your card. Ther's also a Birdman Tactic you could abuse probably. I would say it's pretty easy.
[/quote]
You can make Quasar with one for one + dandylion. :/
Plus, both of the cards you mentioned are on the list, and both are 1-worthy.
Not trying to change your mind, just stating facts.

In my opinion, both card need drawbacks.

3 level 3s are hard to bring out since their weak and hard to stay on the field.

What's even hard is 3 level 2s.

I like Sora's card since it sends over dead monsters as materials. The fact it can tribute 3 materials to destroy 1 on the field is pretty OP. It should cut down on the ATK to like 2000 since this guy can attack and destroy a card, place it as material, and destroy any card easily.

I kinda like Tama's card, too since Waters can use good draw power - but making it that risky is challenging. It's low ATK so it'll be hard to stay on the field. Shuffling 3 waters and drawing is what really made this card OP. Draw power is great with a drawback, but the drawback in this case is just crazy.

Now I know this 1 review has determines this contest....

[spoiler=*Drumroll*]Sora wins.[/spoiler]

Archived