[Leaderboard] Striker vs Zextra

Nathanael D. Striker

Guest Striker

I'm taking one of the open slots for myself, so deal with it.

[spoiler=Rules]
1. First to 3 votes or person with the most votes by the 17th wins.
2. All votes must have valid reasons to be counted.
3. Winner gets 1 rep from the loser.
4. First person to post gets to challenge me.
5. Written Cards are allowed and preferred.
6. Cards must not have any indication of who made them.
7. Card must be PM'd to me.
8. I have the right to add rules.

[spoiler=Card Requirements]
Make a monster that supports/is supported by a particular Field Spell.

[spoiler=Card A]
2dw9quf.png

You can discard this card; add 1 “Black Garden” from your Deck to your hand. You can only control 1 face-up “Alluring Flora Rosalian”. While “Black Garden” is face-up on the field, this card gains 800 ATK and cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once during each of your turns: when a Token is Summoned: You can add 1 Plant-type monster from your Deck to your hand with a Level equal to or less than the Level of the Summoned Token.

[spoiler=Card B]
Enchantress of the Grand Tower

DARK

Spellcaster/Effect

1500/1200

You can discard this card; add 1 "The Grand Spellbook Tower" from your Deck to your hand. You can only control 1 face-up "Enchantress of the Grand Tower". While this card is face-up on the field, all other cards you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can discard 1 "Spellbook" Spell Card from your hand to your Graveyard; add 1 "Spellbook" Spell Card from your Graveyard to your hand, except the discarded card.

Guest Josh Black

Card A by a mile.

Card B seaches a highly searchable field, so that's stupid and unneeded exept for the sake of makign it even more stupidly searchable. The no targetting ANYTHING ELSE is stupid and kinda seems overkill as hell. The discard effect seems just... stupid. It's either going to be really good or really bad, but why do I want more consistent ways to recycle a revival card, a lance, Judgment, and more? And to top it off, the Enchantress isn't even a Major Arcana, so this just tastes awful.

Card A, however, is fun support for a fun deck. It can search cards each turn based on the very field it supports, but it's once per turn, and while the design is slightly questionable, it's at least neat design. It's dependant on the Field or running weird techs and Scapegoat. It does everythign it does well and doen't feel either broke as funk or overkill.

So my vote's for card A.

I'm afraid card A gets my vote too.

If only because Prophecies wouldn't run that anyway. Like Black said the field spell is already good and doesn't need help blah blah.

Black Garden however, is underrated and in need for something like this. I guess you'd add Copy Plant or something, with that.

Guest Devil's Advocate

And with my vote, Zextra wins.

In all fairness, we don't need sheet that searches out Sefer even more. That's just a big no-no. I doubt it's "no targeting" effect would be used since this is probably never going to hit the field anyway, so it's just unnecessary. But that being said, Card A isn't that great either, but isn't so useless. You discard it, and you get a killer Field Spell with proper set-up. And, also, as mentioned before, it can be used with stuff like End Phase Scapegoat, and, naturally, Black Rose Tokens. It's just a shame that there aren't any good targets when you use Black Rose Tokens, besides Spore/Glow-Up.

Guest Striker

Yea, gg Zextra. And I had to pick a Field Spell. I had one in mind, but my thought process quickly changed to another Field Spell. I guess I should have kept with the one I had in mind.

Archived