[Leaderboard] Ceremonial Competition - AixDivadis vs. Striker *Voting over AixDivadis wins*

Aix

First come, first serve. Make a playable Ritual Monster and Ritual Spell (so, 2 cards in total). That is all. Let the games begin!

RULES
1. All YCM rules apply.
2. Please no flaming or trolling, it will be reported upon sight,
3. First to 3 votes win and voting will end a week after both cards have been entered.
[hr][spoiler='AixDivadis' Cards']Unrelinquished_zpse045d187.jpg[spoiler='Lore']This card gains ATK and DEF equal to its Level x 400 (max. 3000). Once per turn: You can reduce this card's Level by any amount; Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck whose Level is equal to or less than that amount.[/spoiler]
RitualofAncientIllusion_zps171532f0.jpg[spoiler='Lore']This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Level 1 Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand and the Ritual Monster gains Levels equal to the combined Levels of the monsters you Tributed. You can discard this card; Add 1 Level 1 Ritual Monster from your Deck, Graveyard or Banished Zone to your hand. While this card is in your Graveyard, except during the turn it was sent: You can banish 3 other cards in your Graveyard; add this card to your hand.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
[hr][spoiler='Striker's Cards']W8x2MAu.jpg
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Rise of Absolute Darkness". When this card is Ritual Summoned: Banish up to 3 cards from either player's Graveyard. During your Main Phase: You can add 1 banished monster to its owner's Graveyard; activate 1 of the following effects based on the monster you added:
*If you added your monster: discard 1 card; destroy 1 card on the field. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect.
*If you added your opponent's monster: Send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your Graveyard; add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your hand except the sent monster. You cannot Summon the added monster the turn you use this effect. You can only use the effect of "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness" once per turn.

hFJ6hXJ.jpg
This card is used to Ritual Summon "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness" You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 6 or more. You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness from your Graveyard. (This is treated as a Ritual Summon.) You can only activate this effect once per duel.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=My cards]

W8x2MAu.jpg

[i]You can Ritual Summon this card with "Rise of Absolute Darkness". When this card is Ritual Summoned: Banish up to 3 cards from either player's Graveyard. During your Main Phase: You can add 1 banished monster to its owner's Graveyard; activate 1 of the following effects based on the monster you added:

*If you added your monster: discard 1 card; destroy 1 card on the field. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect.
*If you added your opponent's monster: Send 1 DARK monster from your Deck to your Graveyard; add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your hand except the sent monster. You cannot Summon the added monster the turn you use this effect. You can only use the effect of "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness" once per turn.[/i]

hFJ6hXJ.jpg
[i]This card is used to Ritual Summon "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness" You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 6 or more. You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness from your Graveyard. (This is treated as a Ritual Summon.) You can only activate this effect once per duel.[/i][/spoiler]

I hope for the best now.

Card A and Card B both a good cards.

[spoiler=Card A]

Pros

-Easily searchable. The spell, Where Arf Thou?, Preparation of rites, Goblin Zombie, Sangan, etc.

-Easily summonable, being Level 1 and stuff.

Cons

-So searchable, it could be o'ped.

- Summoning from the deck is almost never a good mechanic. Not to mention this can summon any monster. Synchro & Xyz shenanigans. Then again you would need to have tribute a pretty high level monster (or multiple low level monsters) to do anything game changing. Which would cause "-"s along with some "+"s. So I'm not sure about this.

-Forces you to use up quite a bit of resources just to get it to a high level or to run high level monsters.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

Pros

-It can disrupts plays and generate advantage, even if it does so slowly.

-I can see it in a Chaos Deck. Milling it to summon with spell and use it's effect to set up grave & add cards to hand.

Cons

-This: "You can only use the effect of "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness" once per turn." kills it. With that it would be summoned, banish 3 cards, then wait til next turn to use it's second effect. By then (considering the speed of the meta) it would probably be dead. If you put this: "You can only use this effect of "Manorka, Bringer of Darkness" it would be summoned, banish 3 cards, then you would be able to use the second effect.

-Ocg man, return to grave not add to grave. Not a big deal, just made it a bit hard to understand,[/spoiler]

Vote goes to Card A since its searchablity makes it more usable.

...ogeez, I haven't made a detailed card review in FOREVER.

And AznKvn, that is what that clause was designed to do. May have been worded weirdly, but that clause was only supposed to apply to the second effect (the return a banished card effect), not the entire effect.

Yeah, I figured. Sorry, I have to make it fair. I graded the card based on the wording you put.

Unrelinquished is a -2 in most cases, as for most, after you use it, it will just be a dead thing lying around on your field, unless you Tributed some high Level monster which then, it could be Xyz Fodder. If you wait a turn for the Ritual Spell, Unrelinquished is a -1 in most cases. If you had some high level monster in your lower level monster deck, then, it becomes a -0, but then, it means your lucky anyway. So, really, Unrelinquished is a rather basic toolbox, the things it searches that could turn into a plus would be stuff like Wolfberk, the thing can't search Rabbit, can't do Tour Guide.

Otherwise, you could wait and leave it as a basic beatstick, which then, you pass your Battle Phase for the chance to run your opponent over before Summoning stuff. Maybe you want to Summon a Sangan, I dunno.

Just wanted to point stuff out.

Unrelinquished is a -2 in most cases, as for most, after you use it, it will just be a dead thing lying around on your field, unless you Tributed some high Level monster which then, it could be Xyz Fodder. If you wait a turn for the Ritual Spell, Unrelinquished is a -1 in most cases. If you had some high level monster in your lower level monster deck, then, it becomes a -0, but then, it means your lucky anyway. So, really, Unrelinquished is a rather basic toolbox, the things it searches that could turn into a plus would be stuff like Wolfberk, the thing can't search Rabbit, can't do Tour Guide.

Otherwise, you could wait and leave it as a basic beatstick, which then, you pass your Battle Phase for the chance to run your opponent over before Summoning stuff. Maybe you want to Summon a Sangan, I dunno.

Just wanted to point stuff out.

Yeah, I was trying to say that but in a short way (since I'm lazy as fudge).

Sorry about this noob account i forgot my last 2 acc on the forum :X, soo my vote(if i can) its for Aix because some guy say its to open, but still needs high star monsters to became OP, in a "Atlantean" deck for example the max you will can summon its another atlantean, but in this case this is very good because the "Atlatean" basic strategy is to summon how many "Atlantean" on the field, but in some cases(Like the first deck of Yugioh Gx Duel Acadamy for GBA this card become useless and about his effect only if u got a 8 level monster on your hand to make it get the max atk.

Soo its my vote can be used(N00B account on the forum)

I vote for Aix

Archived