[Leaderboard] Zextra vs Kyng ENDED

Zextra

Rules:

• 1st card to 3 votes first wins, or that has the most votes by 11:59 PST on February 24th.

• Votes must be supported by valid reasoning.

Requirements:

In honor of the new Blue-Eyes White Dragon structure deck coming out, make a Blue-Eyes White Dragon knockoff card (ironic, isn't it?) - existing examples consist of Galaxy-Eyes and White Night Dragon

Prize:

1 Rep/Like

Voter Bonus:

Each vote earns the user a rep!

Scoreboard:

Card A: 3

Card B: 2

[spoiler=Card A]

Gm3j9y6.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

luminiameteoradragon.png

Image Credit Goes to Raphtil of Devianart

Effect:

You can Tribute 1 Level 5 or higher LIGHT monster you control and banish 2 LIGHT monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card (from your hand). During the Battle Phase: Negate the effects of any monster that battles with this card. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can banish this card after Damage Calculation. If this card is banished by its own effect: Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase.

[/spoiler]

A difficult choice but I give it to Lumina Dragon

Momentum Dragon just sounds ironic seeing as it somewhat takes away the momentum that synchro spam decks that would abuse his ability. The balancing efforts of making it Main Phase are noticed and quite nice but I don't think they are warranted. Instead one could just make it a once per turn thing. But I guess that gets in the way of having a super long and spammy Main Phase 2. The only draw back is that it seems somewhat slow. I don't know if the synchro oriented decks would make room for it.

As for Lumina while I find that last effect random I realize that the dragon sounds pretty fun in just a deck of random lightness. Offering cyber dragons or ghost ships while banishing from grave is a nice set up for lightray sorcerer. 

After looking at both cards, I have decided that Card A shall receive my vote. Perhaps the most dominating factor was the Summoning requirements of Card B, which I would rather avoid paying as it requires you to -1 yourself and lose Graveyard presence. Though I can't give Card A much credit either since it is slow and has the -1 problem as Card B, but it still commands Graveyard presence for other things.

People don't seem to realize that it's not a mandatory summoning condition but rather an alternate way to SS it. Summon-wise, both cards are equal, since they can both be Normal Summoned and Special Summoned in other ways (such as Photon Sanctuary)...

Nevertheless, good game, Kyng - also, congrats on making a 0-2 to 3-2 comeback  :P

Good game, Kyng - also, congrats on making a 0-2 to 3-2 comeback :P

Also, people don't seem to realize that it's not a mandatory summoning condition but rather an alternate way to SS it. Summon-wise, both cards are equal, since they can both be Normal Summoned and Special Summoned in other ways (such as Photon Sanctuary)...

But who is going to Normal Summon Card B? Either Photon Sanctuary or it's SS effect is going to be used. Yea, just my thought.

But Lumina's Alternate summoning conditions are what made it good lol.

Cydra/Lightray Sorcerer was exactly what I had in mind - forgot about Ghost Ship though :P

I also did make an entire archetype based on the card, though, so that accounts for the conditions as well.

But who is going to Normal Summon Card B? Either Photon Sanctuary or it's SS effect is going to be used. Yea, just my thought.

Who normal summons any Level 8 nowadays?

And the requirements aren't hard to pull of at all - it also gives you Graveyard control if you're including chaos monsters.

Thank you Zexxy! It was close, and I really appreciate you being such a good sport about this. I'd love to do this again some time. ^^

Yes, we definitely should :D

Archived