[Leaderboard] Striker vs Caeda

Ugh, I'm 0-7 in my own creation. With less than a month to go, I need to get my first win. This is my proposition, so read carefully.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. First to 3 votes or whoever has the most votes by March 7th at 8:00pm wins.

2. All votes must have valid reasons.

3. Cards must not have an indication as to who made them.

4. Cards must be PM'd to me.

5. Winner gets a Rep from the loser.

6. I have the right to add rules.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Create a card that supports a non-Meta Deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

Overdrive Core of Koa'ki Meiru

Normal Spell Card

[i]This card's name is treated as "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru". If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" card from your Graveyard to your hand, except this card. During your Draw Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; add this card and 1 other "Koa'ki Meiru" card from your Graveyard to your hand instead of drawing. You can only use this effect of "Overdrive Core of Koa'ki Meiru" once per turn.[/i][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

Morphtronic Creator Satetron
Level 8
Machine / WIND
[i]You can Special Summon this card by tributing 1 “Morphtronic” monster you control. Once per turn: You can reveal the top card of your Deck; If it is a “Morphtronic” card add it to your hand. If it isn't, send it to the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed: Add 1 “Morphtronic” card from your Deck to your hand. You can only control 1 “Morphtronic Creator Satetron”.[/i]

ATK: 1000 / DEF: 1800[/spoiler]

Let the games begin!

Well, I'm trying to imagine how Card A would be played in Koa'ki Meiru and what I'm thinking is some sort of build with Urnight, Crusader and Tenki, that just spams the field with massive beater and creates advantage, and I see it actually being quite good and really consistant as you can grab the Core with Boulder or send it with immediate disposal. My only issue is that it may actually be really broken as you can easily swarm the field with big beaters while gaining massive advantage and opening Summoner Monk and Overdrive Core is a guaranteed Shock Master if you have a core in grave or just another spell in hand as you can go into Urnight then use the effect to grab something. However the main issue is that it can have a discard loop with two of them so you can get infinite Summoner Monks/infinite discards for Snipe Hunter or something, plus you could techincally go for 2 Lumina and keep discarding this and then use cannon soldier for a really inconsistant FTK but it's an FTK nonetheless.

Card B seems really convincing and I like it a lot as can tribute used up weak Morphtronics such as Celfon and get a possible +1 that's not particularly consistant but it's a solid card and you took care to balance it with the exception of it being to go for itself.

I vote for [b]Card B[/b], but honestly the only difference between the 2 cards really is the discard loop, other than that both cards are very well thought out and very good.

Hmm... this is a difficult one.

My dilemma is that Card A feels like it helps far to much to the point where it may be broken (Given that it turns the Koa'ki maintenance cost into a loop with two of them, and in the draw phase when you have one in hand and one in the grave you can technically get back 2 other Koa'ki's from the grave), and Card B doesn't seem to help that much, if at all, given it's a situational effect. Though I don't know to much about how they function beyond the fact they have lockdown effects, and can hit huge attack numbers.

I think I'll go for Card A, despite it feeling broken. Simply because the theme is to help a non-meta deck, and I don't feel that B really helps.

I have to say that both cards are rather interesting. But since they are going for the same concept, it comes down to a matter of execution. Card A, while doing its job, seems a bit on the abusable side, replacing Iron Core completely and making the Koaki's maintenance cost turn into a benefit for you - In addition, with 2 copies of it, you could potentially loop it endlessly, which doesn't look for the balance of it.

Card B, on the other hand, seems to be well designed and fairly balanced (yet still usable), since it has a fair cost for getting it on the field and it has a nice search effect that rewards you for using it yet not quite being abusable.

So with that, I will have to give my vote to Card B

Hm..... th_emoticon-troll-face.gif

I vote for Card A.

It seems possibly broken, but I like the way the loop can work and recycle even if it is limited. I might not be the best choice to review these. But that's my vote. Card B seems good, but it's sort of chance-based effect doesn't seem that good. The part of where it discards (from Morphtronic card effects and such) to search seems good, but the first effect seems ehhh to me.

Card B.

Why? Card A gives too much support for too little effort. It rewards you for having gotten it into the grave, which isn;t some amazing condition. It also makes a loop, which shows a serious lack of thought put into the design of the card.

Card B does support the deck without being too powerful or weak, and doesn't have a loop, serving as a weird but cool floater.

Okay, card A's second effect puts me off. Blatantly plussing off the Draw Phase, only to be able to recycle the likes of Urnight along with its own fuel, makes me think it would be one of those combos you can pull off every turn. Remember why we hate Chicken, anyone?

Card B however, is a win-win without generating loops. You either get to draw an extra monster, or you simply thin the deck to increase your odds of getting one next time. Not to mention being able to cut losses. It's also very vulnerable to virtually every commonly played means of removal or negation.

I'll thus vote for B.

Card B.

Why? Card A gives too much support for too little effort. It rewards you for having gotten it into the grave, which isn;t some amazing condition. It also makes a loop, which shows a serious lack of thought put into the design of the card.

Card B does support the deck without being too powerful or weak, and doesn't have a loop, serving as a weird but cool floater.

F*** YOU qq

Archived