[Leaderboard] Forging of the Ultimate Weapon *AixDivadis vs. John* *Start Voting*

Aix

fantasy%20art%20rifles%20artwork%20anvil

[hr]Your job is to create a card with the theme of being a weapon, what kind of card doesn't matter (e.g. you could make a monster or you could make a Quickplay like Lance, whatever you want).

[hr]1. First to 3 votes or whoever has the most votes one week after the .

2. All votes must have valid reasons.

6. I have the right to add rules.

[hr]Prize: 100 points and 1 Rep from the loser

[hr][spoiler='Card Aix']192789.jpg[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Card B']overlaybladegold.jpg[/spoiler]

Okay, I think I'l go with generic. Thanks:)

Equip this card only to a face-up Xyz Monster you control. This card is treated as 1 Xyz Material attached to the equipped monster with any name or attribute. If you activate the effect of a card that would detach 1 Xyz material from the equipped monster, destroy this card instead. During your Battle Phase, the equipped monster gains 200 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it.

Both are pretty nice, though I like Aix's the most. I find it pretty balanaced, and pretty useful, though it's wording is pretty odd. And while I like the Xyz boost, it doesn't seem too useful and it can become a dead draw more often than not.

Aix's card has one fatal flaw - the way it's currently worded, Dawnblade's last effect can only activate while it's on the field, so you would need two copies to properly use it, making it pretty much unplayable. How it should be worded is by adding "While this card is in the Graveyard" before the adding the banished card effect.

John's, however, is slow and the boost doesn't do much. Also, it's outclassed by Xyz Unit - and that's saying something.

Still, as of how they are right now, my vote goes to John, since Aix's just can't be used...

Aix's card has one fatal flaw - the way it's currently worded, Dawnblade's last effect can only activate while it's on the field, so you would need two copies to properly use it, making it pretty much unplayable. How it should be worded is by adding "While this card is in the Graveyard" before the adding the banished card effect.

John's, however, is slow and the boost doesn't do much. Also, it's outclassed by Xyz Unit - and that's saying something.

Still, as of how they are right now, my vote goes to John, since Aix's just can't be used...

I don't understand what you mean by needing for it to say "while this card is in the Graveyard" as the card activates when that single monster is destroyed.

[quote name="Zaziuma" post="6155139" timestamp="1362342758"]I don't understand what you mean by needing for it to say "while this card is in the Graveyard" as the card activates when that single monster is destroyed.[/quote] It banishes the monster when it's destroyed. But in order to retrieve that monster, the equip spell has to be on the field, since it can't technically "activate" in the Graveyard.

It banishes the monster when it's destroyed. But in order to retrieve that monster, the equip spell has to be on the field, since it can't technically "activate" in the Graveyard.

oh I see, though arn't there cards that do the same such as Gold Sarcophagus?

oh I see, though arn't there cards that do the same such as Gold Sarcophagus?

Sarco's effect specifically says "During the 2nd Stanby Phase after this card's activation", so that basically means its effect is set and timed when the card resolves. Aix's card, however, lacks those specifics.

Sarco's effect specifically says "During the 2nd Stanby Phase after this card's activation", so that basically means its effect is set and timed when the card resolves. Aix's card, however, lacks those specifics.

I see, though a simple word fix should be enough, it doesn't break the card, I would probably have done the same without knowing that it was a problem.

[quote name="Zaziuma" post="6155152" timestamp="1362343346"]I see, though a simple word fix should be enough, it doesn't break the card, I would probably have done the same without knowing that it was a problem.[/quote] That's true - if the card were worded probably, it would be far more useful than John's, but unfortunately, I take seemingly little things into account in contests when grading (especially since it impacted the result by a great deal) - I would be a lot more tolerant with that kind of thing when I'm just reviewing a card in RC, for example.

That's true - if the card were worded probably, it would be far more useful than John's, but unfortunately, I take seemingly little things into account in contests when grading (especially since it impacted the result by a great deal) - I would be a lot more tolerant with that kind of thing when I'm just reviewing a card in RC, for example.

I suppose you have a point, I always just take the two cards up againts each other and see which I like better, I don't put that much thought into it, and I can accept OCG problems and it's not thing that's going to drag it down in my book.

I suppose you have a point, I always just take the two cards up againts each other and see which I like better, I don't put that much thought into it, and I can accept OCG problems and it's not thing that's going to drag it down in my book.

Yeah, I usually don't mind OCG problems, but if such an error drastically changes the effect or usability of a card, then I have to take it into account... :/

Yeah, I usually don't mind OCG problems, but if such an error drastically changes the effect or usability of a card, then I have to take it into account... :/

True, if you don't know that "it" vs "that/thosee target(s)" is different that's important too, as well as forgetting things that make them actually work, though that doesn't make the card worse to me.

I would argue with that on the usability front. Sure thanks to wording the second part of Lineage is unusable, but the first half of that effect is still better than Overlay Blade/ Xyz Unit. You could still get some nice advantage with other cards like Burning Knuckle: Crossjaw or maybe a noble knight you could still be pretty good.

I would argue with that on the usability front. Sure thanks to wording the second part of Lineage is unusable, but the first half of that effect is still better than Overlay Blade/ Xyz Unit. You could still get some nice advantage with other cards like Burning Knuckle: Crossjaw or maybe a noble knight you could still be pretty good.

Just to make something clear, Overlay Blade is not Xyz Unit.

I know this is similar to Xyz Unit, which is the point of this card, but is not.

This is like adding an extra Unit in a deck so you can support more Xyz than Unit, it just gains ATK differently... Please take that into mind,

[quote name="Beginning446" post="6155202" timestamp="1362345790"] I would argue with that on the usability front. Sure thanks to wording the second part of Lineage is unusable, but the first half of that effect is still better than Overlay Blade/ Xyz Unit. You could still get some nice advantage with other cards like Burning Knuckle: Crossjaw or maybe a noble knight you could still be pretty good.[/quote] The first half does banish a monster - but it banishes face-down, which prevents cards such as Leviair from taking advantage of it. And I don't see how Noble Knights can take advantage of it; to them (or to anything, rather), its simply a 500 ATK boost, and thus, is outclassed by many, many equips.

Archived