Zextra's New-Style Series 8 Card Layout Templates [Final Version Complete!] Now available for Photoshop and GIMP!

Thanks for using my template and for your suggestions! There probably won't be another real update, since the template's already being used by the cardmaker, but I did address some of the things mentioned.

1. It's just my personal preference; in my own copy I actually have edited in the rounded corners, but I happen to like the sharper corners better.

2. Sounds good.

3. Added.

4. Added.

5. Also personal preference; I honestly find it much easier (and faster) to just select the Levels/Ranks that I don't need and erase them, as opposed to deselecting 7 individual layers :p

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the response and the necessary changes to the OP. This is much more efficient now.

I do have a question though...When I click to edit a text, like the Card Name, it stretches into a larger font and not the font you used (which I like most).

When I try to edit the size of the Card Name, I had to change the size from 45 to 37.68 to make it just as the original (with ever so slight of difference within the spacing of each character in a word). I know someone in this thread said something about this matter, but I wasn't able to get a concrete conclusion. Also, when I click on a text that has the caution sign on it, it says that I have the fonts, but the style changes ever so slightly. For example, the characters tend to get skinnier. May I ask how you got the text to look how it is in your project? Was it just a different type font of MatrixRegularSmallCaps (TrueType, OpenType, or Postscript)?

EDIT: Another question I have is, where did you find such HQ pictures for your example cards?

PS: In #5, what I meant was to make it so that there was a separate layer for each Level/Rank, not each star. Meaning there would be a layer for a Level/Rank 4, or 5, or 6, etc...not where you had to deselect the number of individual stars for the levels (Because I too didn't like deselecting/selecting multiple layers to just get the level I wanted)

Archived