Zextra's New-Style Series 8 Card Layout Templates [Final Version Complete!] Now available for Photoshop and GIMP!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm unsure whether or not the texture/stock would look better along the border or not, I mean I presumed you tried it, because I mean it abruptly ending just seems a little harsh for the specific texture. Plus the texture looks quite LQ in all honesty.

I'm unsure whether or not the texture/stock would look better along the border or not, I mean I presumed you tried it, because I mean it abruptly ending just seems a little harsh for the specific texture. Plus the texture looks quite LQ in all honesty.

May I ask which border you are referring to - the text border or the actual card border?

[quote name="Xel" post="6235291" timestamp="1373297943"]The actual card border. I mean I understand if it's not something do-able or looks ugly but the harsh change for light blue to dark blue and black just feels, as stated too harsh.[/quote] Ah, you were referring to my sample template. That coloration just happens to be there because I recolored it using the gold rare border, which has more contrast in color throughout than the regular one. In this situation I just wanted the blue to be visible and differentiated between the template and the border, which is why I did such a thing, but it's an easy fix. I'd just have to screw around with the lighting a bit.

[quote name="Xel" post="6235297" timestamp="1373298427"]Fair enough, but don't get me wrong there is no doubt that these do look nice. It's just impossible to tell what makes a "perfect" template without tampering.[/quote] Very understandable, of course. Thanks again for your input :3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for being gone for so long. Anyways, to make up for that, I added two more templates to the "Template Add-on" section. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the spoilers to work properly, so I provided links to them. I am also posting them below for anyone interested to see:

Evolution Template:

alxz.png

Pokemon Template:

5d1i.png

Love the fact the Evolution template is all digital and what-not. Puts a lot of emphasis on the whole evolution concept by giving it a futuristic appearance with a chrome finish(it basically looks like it has one, shoosh).
The Pokemon one, on the other hand, it's cool for the sole fact that the Pokeball is literally opening for the card's actual artwork; It's a clever design.

I fail to see the point of this, this website has a card maker which is easyer to do than using photoshop or gimp.

Yeah I hate to say it guys but I much prefer the LQ, outdated and generally bad cardmaker on the site. Besides I'm far too lazy to actually download the file and load it onto Photoshop or a free programme known as gimp.

Yeah I hate to say it guys but I much prefer the LQ, outdated and generally bad cardmaker on the site. Besides I'm far too lazy to actually download the file and load it onto Photoshop or a free programme known as gimp.

You're one of thoes people who ruin the forums, and for that i will ignore you, And guess what? I've loaded the file into photoshop, i dont see why you feel the need to be an ass.

And I don't feel the need for you to abuse other members of the forum. Sort your attitude out or you will get warnings added to your account.

You've failed to see what the point of custom templates are, they are to provide HQ versions of the templates involved in the card maker as well as templates for cards that have not yet been added. So instead of criticizing members, try to be more civil.

New templates are really nice Zextra, Only thing I can really say is maybe the textures should be a little bit heavier?

You're one of thoes people who ruin the forums, and for that i will ignore you, And guess what? I've loaded the file into photoshop, i dont see why you feel the need to be an ass.

I feel the need to be an ass because you are being an idiot, everyone who has half a brain cell can tell that the cardmaker on this site is a pile of dog shite. Zextra's template on the other hand is high quality, allows for changes and has many extras that doesn't come with the poor cardmaker that is on this site and I must do a pretty poor job of ruining forums if this one has stayed alive all this time that I've been on it.

And I don't feel the need for you to abuse other members of the forum. Sort your attitude out or you will get warnings added to your account.

You've failed to see what the point of custom templates are, they are to provide HQ versions of the templates involved in the card maker as well as templates for cards that have not yet been added. So instead of criticizing members, try to be more civil.

Try be more civil? Its like im talking to a wall, to get trust you need to earn it, same thing applys to how i treat people.

New templates are really nice Zextra, Only thing I can really say is maybe the textures should be a little bit heavier?

I feel the need to be an ass because you are being an idiot, everyone who has half a brain cell can tell that the cardmaker on this site is a pile of dog shite. Zextra's template on the other hand is high quality, allows for changes and has many extras that doesn't come with the poor cardmaker that is on this site and I must do a pretty poor job of ruining forums if this one has stayed alive all this time that I've been on it.

Now for you, Im the idiot? you should really look yourself in the mirror, the card maker isnt HQ Who would have guessed?! its people like you that make me facepalm a wall, Good thing all people are shits like you.

Normally I'm a fair person, but you should never speak like that to a moderator of a forum. Please be more respectful when posting on YCM or you may find yourself banned.

Now we will draw a line under this because this is Zextra's topic not ours.

Normally I'm a fair person, but you should never speak like that to a moderator of a forum. Please be more respectful when posting on YCM or you may find yourself banned.

Now we will draw a line under this because this is Zextra's topic not ours.

Oh Noes, another warning, what will i ever do?

Dont bother banning me, i can change my Ip or simply delete my cookies and make another account, Infact, i already got one ready, so go ahead, waste your time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First off...Holy!...these templates are extremely good.

However, there are some things I would like to suggest for the next template if I may:

Photoshop

1) Create the cuts in the corners of the cards (you'll know what I mean when you activate Gold Rare).

2) Speaking of Gold Rare...the textures could be a bit darker and more juicy (heavier).

3) All templates into 1 PS file (including Token Template).

4) Links or a list of fonts used in Templates.

5) Separate layers for each Level/Rank instead of just 11 and 12 (I can do this myself, but for others...meh. BTW, thanks for having 12 in there! Most people do 11 only.)

Archived