Zextra's New-Style Series 8 Card Layout Templates [Final Version Complete!] Now available for Photoshop and GIMP!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your Trap, but why didn't you use a official proxy for the Spell? You got the font on "Spell Card" wrong btw.

I have a 400x583 one for a Series 8 spell. Interested?

Actually, it's funny you should say that, since the proxy I used to make both was a Spell, not a Trap. May I ask what you see that's wrong with it so I can attempt to fix it? As for the font - it has been fixed.

Also, thanks for your offer - I appreciate it; but the dimensions for my template is actually 419x610 :P

The GIMP versions for the Monster template as well as the Xyz template have been added; However, please note that the text layers may not yet be 100% refined or accurate, and are likely a lower quality than the Photoshop versions, but I did what I could. I hope that those of you who do not have access to Photoshop find them useful!

[quote name="Daemon" post="6169511" timestamp="1364334432"]Great work, my friend. You have greatly improved in just templating card templates. 2 years of work definitely show here. Glad to see you continuing with this, really good job on improving, creating and overall your ability to do this.Congrats from releasing this as well![/quote] Thanks, Dae! Your compliments mean a lot to me, and I'm glad you like them. :3

[quote name="Kyng" post="6170797" timestamp="1364486524"]I noticed a small thing in the Gimp version. When trying to edit the Text for the ATK/DEF digits, it resets to Sans. Am I missing a font? = .[/quote] If it does reset, then yes - that is most likely the case. I'm not certain, but if I remember correctly, the font used for the ATK and DEF values is Matrix Fractions Bold. If you can't get that, however, perhaps you can try replacing it with Matrix Bold Small Caps, since it has nearly the same result.

Is there anyway to use these in MSE, because I have no idea how to edit text and stuff in GIMP.

Since I personally am not acquainted with MSE, I have not been working on an MSE version. However, if I manage to find someone with expertise with the program who can implement these templates, that might change.

The Spell and Trap Template has been updated - the old versions were a bit too rough and grainy for my taste, so I increased the image quality of the card frames.

GIMP version will be updated soon.

EDIT: Both Photoshop and GIMP versions have been uploaded and added to the OP.

If there's something off about it, can you please let me know? It was based off a real card scan, so I don't know what I can really do with it. I mean, granted, I had to enlarge the card image, but I did fix the image quality when doing so.

ConstellarBelt-GAOV-EN-C-1E.png

The text "Spell Card" is actually exactly as it should be, since I've matched it with the proxy. And seeing from your example, yes, the card name text is too big; but I keep the font size on my file a bit smaller anyway. As for the serial number, that's an easy fix.

The Spell and Trap template has been completely redone and remade using a completely new set of proxies. As of right now, the update for Photoshop has been uploaded and added to the OP. I will finish updating and uploading the examples and the GIMP template tomorrow.

I downloaded your Spell/Trap template to see the new template, there's a few things you probably should change about it:

• The text layer for the Card Name comes stretched by default in the download. I'll suggest that you choose a sample card which by default has a small name, so that the user doesn't have to worry about the correct character width for small names, which ordinarily would not go beyond the Attribute icon, like "Dark Hole" for instance.
  • I'm not sure if you took the [Spell Card] from my old template, because it has the same problem I had before, i.e it's not a perfect "cut"; It doesn't blend properly with the blending mode set to Normal. This can be easily fixed by changing the blending mode to Darken, instead.
  • Also the [Spell Card] and [Trap Card] layers look blurry. This and this can help you fix it.

Apart from that, it looks quite good. The rarity layers make the text look smaller because of the inner shadow, perhaps you might want to try making it a small Drop Shadow instead, but that's just a matter of opinion.

The idea of making the frame transparent was very clever. :P I wish I'd thought of that first, lol.

Thanks for your comments, Judas - I can always rely on you to give good suggestions :3

Regarding the card name text - Burst Stream of Destruction just happened to be one of my favorite Spell Cards, which is why I used it. I can easily edit it to be something else, though, so that shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and I appreciate the hd proxies you provided - they'll help quite a bit when I go back to editing the template.

I'm impressed! This set of templates is absolutely fantastic. 

I won't lie, when I clicked on the first example I wasn't expecting much. I haven't been around in a while and I wasn't sure what to expect. 

I was wowed. Like, I said, "Wow" out loud to myself. 

Fantastic work, sir. 

-Kale.

I'm impressed! This set of templates is absolutely fantastic. 

I won't lie, when I clicked on the first example I wasn't expecting much. I haven't been around in a while and I wasn't sure what to expect. 

I was wowed. Like, I said, "Wow" out loud to myself. 

Fantastic work, sir. 

-Kale.

Thank you for your compliment; it's much appreciated, and I'm glad you like them :)

Archived