[Finished]Grim Reaper Contest FINISHED, RESULTS ARE IN! PLEASE LOCK

ZeRainbowDash

Your challenge is to personify the Grim Reaper in a realistic, balanced card.

Rules

1. Your card must obviously tie into the Grim Reaper

2. Must have something to do with destroying monsters(you know, Grim Reaper, death) 

3. you must donate 10 points to enter

4 you cannot use imgur. please just copy the image and paste it into the thread. Enrties using imgur will not be accepted, as i cannot view them on this computer.

5. i reserve the right to A) kick you out if you dont do as i ask and change the rules as i see fit

Be original. cards that knock off another will not be accepted.

And have fun.

prizes vary based on how much is in the pot

Entries will be judged by me solely. Do not lobby for your card. If the contest falls through, all points will be refunded.

Judging begins either on March 31st, or when all 8 spots have been filled and i have recieved everyone's cards

Remember: be creative and have fun!

Current pot/ how it divides currently

Current Pot: 80

Current winnings: 1st: 48 points 2nd: 24 points

Contestants:

1.AixDivadis

2.Zazubat

3.PaladinCards

4.GrimJr1393

5.ichigo420

6.BlueEyesWhiteSpyro

7.Merciful Idiot

WINNER: Zazubat's "Lil Spirit REaper"

RUNNER UP: Grim's "Toon Grim Reaper"

3rd: Merciful Idiots "Death of Azrael"

4th: Ichigo420s "Sloul Slayer of the Reaper, Goshino"

5th: Aix's "Fates Servant"

6th: Blueeyes ShiteSpyro's "Darkness, Grim Reaper of Banishment"

7th: Paladin's "Izanami the Reaper"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't copy and pasted images the same as doing an image code?

Anyway, the forum won't accept stuff copy and pasted from YugiohCardMaker.

I don't have any of these problems, but I just wanted to point them out.

Alright points sent.

it doesn't have to ba more than one. just has to relate to destroying monster(s)

The entry was only 10. why did you send 20 Zazu? adding to the pot?

I did? Well just keep the rest if you want, I don't care about points myself, so I just put in some amount.

Alright.  Here's my entry!  I tried to go with a design different from a normal "Grim Reaper".

[spoiler=Show Izanami the Reaper]zwe0rs.jpg

LORE:

During your Battle Phase: this card gains 500 ATK.  When this card deals Battle Damage activate 1 of the following effects:
• Destroy 1 Monster on the Field.

• Banish 1 Monster in your opponent's Graveyard.

I chose the picture because how many times do you see a female grim reaper?  Never.  And her name is a traditional Japanese name meaning "one who invites".  I thought it would be a cool name for a bringer of death. Y'know, inviting people to death?  Eh?  Eh?  Clever?  ...No?  Well, I tried.

Hope I place :D[/spoiler]

Note that this guy's second effect mistimes if you use the first effect or use this guy for a cost or Summon. The second effect also represents the myth that if you see the Reaper, you will die in 24 hours... or a turn.

FatesServant_zps82be99d1.jpg

Just a funny habit i have- i figure, if i'm going to be judging your work, you should be able to judge mine. here's my grim reaper card:

the Black Reaper- Soul Swallower

8UaECx7.jpg

Yea-- NO. That's way OPed in Dark Worlds.

Agreed.  And the text should say:

When this card is sent from your Hand to the Graveyard: Special Summon it.  When it is Special Summoned this way: destroy up to 3 face-up Level 4 or lower monsters; this card gains ATK equal to the total of the destroyed monsters' ATK.

not total... that could get crazy.. thats why i did half

It would be unlikely to get crazy cuz your opponent is unlikely to have Level 4s when you bring this out. If you really are worried, put a cap on the ATK, like (max. 3000) or something.

Note that this guy's second effect mistimes if you use the first effect or use this guy for a cost or Summon. The second effect also represents the myth that if you see the Reaper, you will die in 24 hours... or a turn.

FatesServant_zps82be99d1.jpg

Not that I want to nag on your card, but you don't have both Spirit and Effect on cards, only Spirit, same goes for Toon, Union, Tuner and Gemini. Also, since it's a spirit, they typicly have an no SS clause, I'm not sure if that's true for every single one, but if it isn't, you probably shouldn't have made it Spirit.

Anyways, my card will be up somewhen today.

Here it is:

LilSpiritReaper.png

Not that I want to nag on your card, but you don't have both Spirit and Effect on cards, only Spirit, same goes for Toon, Union, Tuner and Gemini. Also, since it's a spirit, they typicly have an no SS clause, I'm not sure if that's true for every single one, but if it isn't, you probably shouldn't have made it Spirit.

There IS an exception, I forgot which, but there is one.

I would like to update my entry.  Nothing is new about it.  I just made the look of the card more appealing.

[spoiler=Show: Izanami the Reaper]2s8p9ig.png

LORE:

During your Battle Phase: this card gains 500 ATK.  When this card deals Battle Damage activate 1 of the following effects:
• Destroy 1 Monster on the Field.

• Banish 1 Monster in your opponent's Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

Archived