Alchemy Cycle

The draw effect isn't the point of this card. Haven't you all noticed its other use?

DNA Surgery + Machine Duplication + Alchemy Cycle

Oh' date=' wait, that use is bad too.

[/quote']

- Dna Surgery

+ Gadget

its a +2. Use two cards + original gadget and effect, and the two duped gadgets replace dupe and cycle and then +2 because of their effects.

Of course, it is highly doubtful that this would be effective.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The draw effect isn't the point of this card. Haven't you all noticed its other use?

DNA Surgery + Machine Duplication + Alchemy Cycle

Oh' date=' wait, that use is bad too.

[/quote']

- Dna Surgery

+ Gadget

its a +2. Use two cards + original gadget and effect, and the two duped gadgets replace dupe and cycle and then +2 because of their effects.

Of course, it is highly doubtful that this would be effective.

Unfortunately, this would require you to not be running Oppression Gadgets, which is a problem. It also requires you to be running Fifth Gadget, which is another problem.

basiclly you give your field advantage for your hand advangtage? not a smart move at all.

it's a smart move every single person would say it's bad until someone uses it in a tournament's and kicks butt.

this card is very good.

Are you saying that this is a good card because' date=' in some hypothetical reality where -1'ing yourself and losing field advantage becomes a pro move, someone might actually play this card?

[/quote']

Insulting someone who has a different view than you is not becoming of a new mod,have a better attitude towards people your not always correct.

I never insulted you; I merely said that you were wrong. There is a difference.

scapegoat + this card' date=' they never said tokens were excluded and token monsters are considered monster.[/quote']

Alchemy Cycle says "The original ATK of all face-up monsters you control becomes 0 until the End Phase. Each time a monster that had its original ATK reduced to 0 by this effect is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, draw 1 card." No tokens.

Spirit Barrier+ this card

The battle damage was never the issue; the loss of advantage was the problem.

these are 2 combos that can work well.

Except they don't.

where on the card said excluding tokens' date='token cards are considered monster cards.[/quote']

Did you read the part that I bolded?

so you lose a few monster but this is perfect to activate if your gonna lose your monster anyway in battle.

Jar of Greed would also allow you to draw one card in that situation.

the combos work well

They don't.

you just like to disagree

Only when someone is wrong.

and look how you phrased your original response that sounds like an insult to me.

You're confusing yourself with your statements. I insulted your statement' date=' not you.

[/quote']

loss of advantage to what, you could use this to draw a set of cards like 2-3 or 1 for monsters that were going to be destroyed anyway. So like I don't see this being a negative but rather a plus for the card.

but you determine whose wrong so that's just a bias opinion.

token thing thanks for correcting me on that one but someone already stated it.

basiclly you give your field advantage for your hand advangtage? not a smart move at all.

it's a smart move every single person would say it's bad until someone uses it in a tournament's and kicks butt.

this card is very good.

Are you saying that this is a good card because' date=' in some hypothetical reality where -1'ing yourself and losing field advantage becomes a pro move, someone might actually play this card?

[/quote']

Insulting someone who has a different view than you is not becoming of a new mod,have a better attitude towards people your not always correct.

scapegoat + this card' date=' they never said tokens were excluded and token monsters are considered monster.[/quote']

Alchemy Cycle says "The original ATK of all face-up monsters you control becomes 0 until the End Phase. Each time a monster that had its original ATK reduced to 0 by this effect is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, draw 1 card." No tokens.

Except they don't.

where on the card said excluding tokens' date='token cards are considered monster cards.[/quote']

so you lose a few monster but this is perfect to activate if your gonna lose your monster anyway in battle.

the combos work well

They don't.

and look how you phrased your original response that sounds like an insult to me.

You're confusing yourself with your statements. I insulted your statement' date=' not you.

[/quote']

loss of advantage to what, you could use this to draw a set of cards like 2-3 or 1 for monsters that were going to be destroyed anyway. So like I don't see this being a negative but rather a plus for the card.

Most of the time, unless you're overextending, you won't have 3 monsters that will all be destroyed. Even if you do, your opponent still has the option not to attack, which means that this is basically a Threatening Roar that gives your opponent extra options.

Except that my opinion is backed by logic. Yours is backed by "it's good because somebody might use it someday!"

token thing thanks for correcting me on that one.

You're welcome.

this card is very good.

[/quote']

Except they don't.

the combos work well

They don't.

[/quote']

Most of the time, unless you're overextending, you won't have 3 monsters that will all be destroyed. Even if you do, your opponent still has the option not to attack, which means that this is basically a Threatening Roar that gives your opponent extra options.

Except that my opinion is backed by logic. Yours is backed by "it's good because somebody might use it someday!"

You're welcome.

logic, well care to explain why you think your opinion is logical while mines is not.

this card is very good.

[/quote']

Except they don't.

the combos work well

They don't.

[/quote']

You're welcome.

logic' date=' well care to explain why you think your opinion is logical while mines is not.

[/quote']

Because I cited card advantage and showed how other cards are superior to it. Your entire argument was that someone might use it and do well at some point in the future.

this card is very good.

[/quote']

Except they don't.

the combos work well

They don't.

[/quote']

You're welcome.

logic' date=' well care to explain why you think your opinion is logical while mines is not.

[/quote']

Because I cited card advantage and showed how other cards are superior to it. Your entire argument was that someone might use it and do well at some point in the future.

you were bashing it what advantages did you cite,also your comments still sound like insults.

this card is very good.

[/quote']

Except they don't.

the combos work well

They don't.

[/quote']

You're welcome.

[/quote']

you were bashing

It's impossible to properly evaluate a card's usefulness without pointing out its flaws.

it what advantages did you cite

Card Advantage is not the same thing as a card's advantages.

also your comments still sound like insults.

They're not and never have been.

This is the first card I pulled from Phantom Darkness. My though: Oh god no...

if you have a deck that can swarm and needs to have a lot of card advantage' date=' could be useful... oh wait... is there a deck like that?? exodia maybe??... NAH!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

Exodia is now a swarm deck?

Giant Germ

Nimble (something, forgot it's name)

Gravekeeper's Spy

I use them in my YWC 2008 and it suprisly works very well in an exodia deck, since they tin your deck out and provide more protection. =B

this card is very good.

For in the love of god, stop thinking that bad cards can be good, becuase they just aren't. Okay? And any person with common sense won't run this.

Also, it only affects FACE-UP monsters!!!

I think that there is a combo. Say you have 3 DEF position monsters on your side of the field. Your opponent attacks them and you activate this. their ATk becomes 0 but their def is still the same. so, it is a +2 in this situation.

in everything else IMO is bad

Shonen, the card sucks.

you lose your field advantage leaving you wide open for direct attack which in turn will get you losing the game.

Field Advantage>Hand Advantage

it's better to have something out there and ready to be used then having something better but unable to use it.

Shonen you just like to argue, especially when your wrong.

Shonen' date=' the card sucks.

you lose your field advantage leaving you wide open for direct attack which in turn will get you losing the game.

it's better to have something out there and ready to be used then having something better but unable to use it.

[/quote']

dude let's look at this logically, if my monster is going to be destroyed anyway and I'm going to get a direct attack don't you think it's wise that I at least activate the card so I get a few new cards. What your saying is activating the card would weaken field advantage, but how does the card do that, it never stated on the card to destroy your monster. Dude stop making smug remarks about people it's not good.

[/quote']

dude let's look at this logically, if my monster is going to be destroyed anyway and I'm going to get a direct attack don't you think it's wise that I at least activate the card so I get a few new cards. What your saying is activating the card would weaken field advantage, but how does the card do that, it never stated on the card to destroy your monster. Dude stop making smug remarks about people it's not good.

but it makes your monster weak enought to be destroyable isnt it, it is like i made a plan for someone to rob a house then saying i shouldnt be punished cause i didnt rob the house.

besides your cards might have made it if it wasn't for the stupid loss of ATK.

[/quote']

but it makes your monster weak enought to be destroyable isnt it, it is like i made a plan for someone to rob a house then saying i shouldnt be punished cause i didnt rob the house.

If you put your monsters in defense mode and their still to weak to defend you, then activate this card you get like let's say 2 cards back for monsters that were gonna be taken out anyway and still you lose no life points and get cards, plus they won't get taken out easier by weaker monsters because it only affects ATK not DEF.

[/quote']

If you put your monsters in defense mode and their still to weak to defend you, then activate this card you get like let's say 2 cards back for monsters that were gonna be taken out anyway and still you lose no life points and get cards, plus they won't get taken out easier by weaker monsters because it only affects ATK not DEF.

o_rly.jpg

well what if you dont want to have your cards in defence and you draw this card? DEAD DRAW.

[/quote']

o_rly.jpg

well what if you dont want to have your cards in defence and you draw this card? DEAD DRAW.

The point of being a good duelist is knowing when to activate a card, if you got weak defense of course you ain't gonna use it but if your monster got close range or a good - average defense in general then best bet use the card. Also that happens with all cards people sometimes draw cards that they would have needed like 3 turns ago.

[/quote']

If you place Defense position monsters, THEY MUST BE FACE-DOWN. This card only targets FACE-UP monsters during the activation. It's a complete waste.

And just use Shrink, Magic Cyclinder, Mirror Force, Draining Shield and Sakuretsu Armor to stop the attacks then activating this piece of godawful junk. Believe me, it will do miracles in your deck.

[/quote']

o_rly.jpg

The point of being a good duelist is knowing when to activate a card, if you got weak defense of course you ain't gonna use it but if your monster got close range or a good - average defense in general then best bet use the card. Also that happens with all cards people sometimes draw cards that they would have needed like 3 turns ago.

your a good duelist but to improve you have to know this fact which is the first thing you have to learn.

BAD CARDS EXIST AND THIS IS ONE OF THEM

Archived