[Leaderboard] Thar vs. AznKvn (AznKvn wins)

Thar

Rules:

1. First to 3 votes or the most votes by given deadline wins.

2. All voters must give a valid reason for why they voted (minimum 2 lines.)

Card requirements:

Make a continuous Spell card that resembles a contraption.

Deadline:

Friday, May 3 @ 10:00 PM EST

[hr]

Card A:

hR6SsjQ.jpg

Once per turn: You can send one Spell/Trap card you control to your Graveyard; put an Ammunition counter on this card. Once per turn: You can remove one Ammunition counter from this card; deal 500 damage to your opponent OR destroy one target opponent's monster with 1000 or less DEF. When this card is destroyed: You can discard 2 cards (from your hand); activate this card from your Graveyard.

image credit

Card B:

ZswhFmV.jpg

Activate only if your opponent Special Summons his/her first monster this turn. Banish that monster. Special Summon that monster to your opponent's field in Defense Position when this card removed from the field.

Alright, I'm in. Although, can you explain what you mean by "resembles a contraption". I sorta get what you're talking about, but I need further explanation.

Not sure why you would need further explanation. Just something you engineer and build out of raw materials for increased production, convenient applications, etc. It's a pretty broad specification.

I doubt anyone will discard 2 cards just to activate that card again, but it's there, so hey, there's that. I do think that it's kind of situational, most monsters don't really have under 1000, and that you have to send a S/T is kind of an annoying cost really, though it allows you to get rid of useless stuff you don't need anymore (CotH, Fiendish Chains etc.). I like card B more, it's well balanced, while it doesn't follow any form of PSCT, the card itself is quite nice in terms of what it can do. Card B it is.

This thread just does not want to go well, accepted it thar. :P
Again I fell that some people put too much work into concept in many of these 1 vs 1. I mean entry conditions are only there to help with contest focus...

Unnecessary/outclassed, sure it will be always there once you draw it, but I think that often it will be a dead card. IMO the game is too centered around monster effects, for this to be playable.
Other traps just get rid of a summoned monster, this gives it a chance to come back. IDK, what to say about that.

I vote for card B, because it seems less outclassed than A.
So much for confidential cards

2 - Philip J. Fry

0 - Me

It's not a matter of going well, really. I just want people to vote so this doesn't just end up rotting away with no result to add to the Leaderboards.

Thanks for voting!

Both cards are meh imo. Card A moreso than Card B because Card A makes you give up a card that is of limited supply and makes you give up advantage to bring it out again. Card B is meh because it is situational and lets the monster come back. My vote goes to Card B since Card A is more meh than Card B for the reasons already stated above.

Archived