[Leaderboard] Striker vs Thar

[spoiler=Rules]
1. First to 3 votes or most by April 30th wins.
2. Votes must have a valid reason.
3. Card must be PM'd to me and have lore posted separately.
4. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
5. I have the right to add rules.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card Requirement]
I feel like "stealing" something from another TCG. The task is to make a card that deals with Poison Counters. It's open-ended from there. Make it your own with this task since I don't want to see a carbon copy even though we are "stealing" it from MtG.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card A]

QFZwBye.jpg

This card comes into play with 5 Poison counters on it. This card gains 300 ATK for each Poison counter on it. Once per turn: You can remove 1 Poison counter from the card; put 1 Poison counter on target monster. Monsters other than "Araccid Venom Tusky" lose 300 ATK and DEF for each Poison counter on them. If a monster's DEF becomes 0 by this effect, it is destroyed.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

55flmw.jpg

Target 1 monster your opponent controls; place 1 "Poison Counter" on it. (A monster with a "Poison Counter" cannot declare an attack and cannot be used as an Xyz Material Monster.) When this card is destroyed; destroy that target. When that target is destroyed; destroy this card.

[/spoiler]

I vote for Card A. Even though I feel the last effect is redundant, considering that it is unlikely to kill a monster using that effect, Card Bs use of the Poison Counter isn't needed at all. Card B could work with out the counter, by just targeting a specific card while Card A uses the counters properly. So... yeah Card A. :)

These are both pretty balanced cards... On one hand you have a (what feels like to me) a easy to summon light and darkness dragon that reduces attack. Very helpful I might add because of its 3rd eff. And on the other hand you have a fiendish chain fused with call of the haunted.I'm going to go with poisonous thorns, due to playability in various decks

God, people need to learn how to use proper OCG, otherwise it makes their cards confusing, and really it kind of is. Also, Striker, what's up with your template, it looks like a potato... Anyway, card B is the clear winner, even though it's kind of meh as well. As card A is slow to use, has low ATK, and even lower if it actually uses it's effect, which means that it's basically there to die when it enters pretty much, chances of you getting it off so many times that it goes all the way to 0 is low, and really it kind of is easier with other cards. Card B is on the other hand kind of eh to have in your Deck, not being able to go Xyz is nice and such, but really Fiendish seems much nicer and generally seems more useful. That said, as the format goes on and on, more Xyz Decks come, so this would stop them quite fast, and since they can't attack, you also keep yourself in a good place for your next move. So card B it is.

It's Magic Set Editor (MSE). And I really need to double check the watermark before I make a card for a A/B 1v1 when using MSE. Anyway, 1-2 Card B.

Off-Topic: I suggest you get Photoshop and use Judas' or Zextra's template, or at least the GIMP version, as it is free. MSE looks more horrible than I remember it doing.

Off-Topic: I suggest you get Photoshop and use Judas' or Zextra's template, or at least the GIMP version, as it is free. MSE looks more horrible than I remember it doing.

I don't like using templates. I've tried using them, but they are too much of a hassle for me. If you want to continue this, take it to PM please.

I vote for card B. I really like Card A, due to the creativity, but card B is more applicable. It disrupts OTK's and xyz shenanigans (even if fiendish chain is better in most cases). Both cards are interesting, but card B is more useful. So Striker gets my vote.

Archived