1v1 (Leaderboard) Codex VS Ambrosia (Vote Now!)

.codex

The rules:
1.Normal Leaderboard rules apply.

2.Written cards are allowed.

3.Make a Main Deck monster that supports Xyz Monster. Example being Star Drawing.

4.Winner gets 20 points and a Leaderboard placement.

5.Contest ends the 12th.

Card A:

222622.jpg            

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do: You can target 1 Level 6 monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, then, Special Summon 1 Level 6 monster from your hand. During the turn you activate this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Ice Barrier" and Xyz Monsters. If this card is sent to the Graveyard because it was an Xyz Material and it was detached to activate an Xyz Monster's effect: You can banish this monster, then reveal the top card of your Deck; if it is a Level 6 monster, Special Summon it, if it is not, add it your hand instead.

Card B:

Tidal Amplifier
Level 4
WATER
Psychic/Effect
1700/800
If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster: You can target 1 monster on the field; it gains 800 ATK, and if you do: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from each Xyz Monster your opponent controls, and the targeted monster gains 300 ATK more for each detached.

Card A seems like it does a lot of stuff, and while I don't play Ice Barrier, looking it up, I don't think it was really intentional that you made it one for their archetype. Anyway, card B can increase ATK quite a lot, making some monster a powerhouse, and having multiple on one can become pretty insane. I'm sure there's some way to abuse it, with Utopia and it's already ATK increase heavy Deck, it can become extreamly powerful. I would go with card B because I think the draw for card A is bad, but it also is based on Luck pretty much, and it does have a condition to it, where card B can be used multiple times per turn, and it doesn't even decrease it later. So card A gets my vote.

I vote for card B.

Other than Dai-sojo and Raiho I can't think of any other level 6 Ice Barrier monsters. Meaning it would be pretty hard for me to see the breaker getting any use for that archetype.  Pity because it would be great in  a Hazy Flame deck that has an access of Level 6's.

Card A seems like it does a lot of stuff, and while I don't play Ice Barrier, looking it up, I don't think it was really intentional that you made it one for their archetype. Anyway, card B can increase ATK quite a lot, making some monster a powerhouse, and having multiple on one can become pretty insane. I'm sure there's some way to abuse it, with Utopia and it's already ATK increase heavy Deck, it can become extreamly powerful. I would go with card B because I think the draw for card A is bad, but it also is based on Luck pretty much, and it does have a condition to it, where card B can be used multiple times per turn, and it doesn't even decrease it later. So card A gets my vote.

Oh, yeah I didn't even know that something called Ice Barrier excisted before I made this, but I googled the name, and found some, and some were Level 6s, so I thought, hey why not make it a support for them. I think I'm gonna make a Ice Barrier Deck later to see how they play.

Also, 1-1 now.

Card A does a lot, but it's hardly effective, since Ice Barriers are by no means a Level 6-centric deck. As Bailas said, if this card were made for Hazy Flames instead, it would be a whole different story. But as it is now, it's not really much more than a stronger Cyber Dragon that has a multitude of effects that cannot be utilized properly. 

And while Card B is simple, the concept works out nicely. Granted, 800 seems like a bit much, since you can turn nearly any Xyz into a strong beatstick, but nevertheless it's effective.

With that said, Card B gets my vote.

Archived