[Leaderboard] huntik ygo cards vs Zazubat

[spoiler=Rules]

1. All Leaderboard and Tournament Rules apply.

2. Cards must be submitted by May 14th.

3. First to 3 votes or most by May 21st wins.
4. Votes must have a valid reason.
5. Cards must be PM'd to me and have lore posted separately.
6. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
7. I have the right to add rules.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card Requirement]
The first round requirements are simple. You are to create a Level 4 or lower Tuner monster. That is all.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card A]

AllyofJusticeMetalJab.png

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower “Ally of Justice” from your hand, except “Ally of Justice Metal Jab”. If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster: All monsters your opponent controls become LIGHT, also all monsters your opponent Summons until that Synchro Monster is removed from the field become LIGHT.

Rulings:
*If Ally of Justice Metal Jab is Normal Summoned in the middle of a Chain by the effect of Ultimate Offering, you do not gain it's effect to Special Summon another Ally of Justice monster.

*Monster flipped face-up by an attack or an effect are unaffected by the effect of Ally of Justice Metal Jab.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

ixd8wlg.jpg

This card's name is treated as "Mystical Shine Ball". When this card is Special Summoned; Send 1 random card from your hand to your Graveyard. You can only control 1 face-up "Mystical Shine Ball".[/spoiler]

This one's actually pretty difficult.

While Card A does good for the Archetype it supports (and I really like what you tried to do with the last effect), even then the Allies of Justice wouldn't be the slightest bit worth running, since aside from Catastor, Decisive Armor, and a very few others, the Allies of Justice are god-awful. In addition, all its effect really would allow you to do is summon Catastor, and honestly, there are many other ways to do so without losing hand advantage (such as Junk Synchron).

As for Card B, it gives Agents an alternative to Gachi Gachi/Phoenix/Herald of Sacred Light for Venus. Granted, the random "discard" is unnecessary in my opinion (at the worst, I would have said you can choose the card to send to the Graveyard), it gives those Agent decks another way to Synchro, and thus makes Catastor more flexible in the deck. I really like the concept as well.

So with that, I'd have to give my vote to Card B. Had you chosen a better archetype to support Zazu, things may have been different. Sorry :o

AOJ are undersupported, but they are DARK and Machine to make up for that. Other than the obvious Catastor play, there is Birdman which works with almost all "on NS effects" (though here you would lose the second effect). Also, it is searchable.

So, you put 1 of this into an Agents deck, and Venus becomes almost an instant LV4, 5, 6, 7 or 9 synch, before this: Hyperion + Venus&Ball + Daigusto = 7800, now you can synch a LV5 to get over 8k. I did play Agents so I can tell you that it is easy for this to happen. I will say nothing about the discard.

Both cards support an undermeta (..right?) decks, so I guess voting should be on which does it better. I vote for Fiery Ball :rolleyes:, as it gives more options than Jab, AOJ need a searcher/beater more than a tuner, as Birdman and Black Salvo are already there.

Oh, not looking good. I thought that this was what people liked. I tried to support a somewhat Meta Deck a while ago, and they say it needed no support, and now I try to support an underated Deck (there's some good cards in there, like that one Level 3 Tuner) by giving them a way to get things out faster. But I guess if the people have spoken I can't really change there mind.

[quote name="Zazubat" post="6199418" timestamp="1368375123"]Oh, not looking good. I thought that this was what people liked. I tried to support a somewhat Meta Deck a while ago, and they say it needed no support, and now I try to support an underated Deck (there's some good cards in there, like that one Level 3 Tuner) by giving them a way to get things out faster. But I guess if the people have spoken I can't really change there mind.[/quote] My apologies for making this post (I know in supposed to PM this kind of thing), but your concept was good. It's just choosing the correct Archetype to support; if you're creating good support, you'll need to find an Archetype that's not too meta, but not unusable either. For example, good Archetypes to support might be: Blackwings, Crystal Beasts, etc.

Archived