[Leaderboard] Ambrosia vs Zextra

[spoiler=Rules]

1. All Leaderboard and Tournament Rules apply.

2. Cards must be submitted by May 14th.

3. First to 3 votes or most by May 21st wins.
4. Votes must have a valid reason.
5. Cards must be PM'd to me and have lore posted separately.
6. Winner gets 1 Rep from loser.
7. I have the right to add rules.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card Requirement]
The first round requirements are simple. You are to create a Level 4 or lower Tuner monster. That is all.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card A]

223522.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard, and if you do: Place 1 of your banished cards face-down on the field in a Monster Card Zone; It is treated as a Normal Monster (Fairy-type/LIGHT/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0). During the turn you use this effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters, except from the Extra Deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

catalystwyvern.png

When your opponent’s monster declares an attack: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard. If you do: Special Summon this card at the start of your next Main Phase. If this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: You can banish 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand or Graveyard; increase or decrease the Level of this card by the Level of the banished monster.

[/spoiler]

Just these cards alone without combos I have to say Card A wins

For it brings out a second creature ( even though it is pretty much useless 0/0 token) it actually has an ATK and DEF

Card B is just 2 creatures for one crap monster

Combo's I can't say for I don't have much knowledge after beginning of Yugioh GX and First season of 5D's

(I used thought I feel smartical)

Vote for card A

Luster Skater is slightly unoriginal (pretty much like Junk), but it's playable and could fit with the newer card releases.

Catalyst Wyvern has an interesting effect but it's too slow IMO, and although it makes Synchroing more flexible, I don't think it's worth putting in a real deck.

I don't think the first card seems all that useful. It's slow, and it's condition makes it card to get other stuff out. Card B is more interesting, though it can be considered kind of broken, as you are pretty much guaranteed a free Level 4 monster as it can't be destroyed or anything. Now I don't really know the rulings, but I think you would be able to send 3 of these guys if you wished, making it pretty easy to Synchro/Xyz, plus you can go into Rank 8s easily. So I'll go with card A, as I find it less broken, though it's still not all that good.

Sigh, knocked out in the first round. Good game, Ambrosia.

Well, now that that's over, I might as well explain what my card was about; it was meant to be a tool that was flexible with both Synchro and Xyz summoning, since by itself it's a Level 4 monster that is flexible with its level and does not involve wasting a Normal Summon, combined with a way to safely bring it onto the field. Also, having the ability to level up allows for shenanigans with cards such as Starform Dragon. Furthermore, the card combos particularly well with D.D. Unicorn Knight, which allows you to immediately retrieve the monster you banished for it.

Archived