Twisted;Reality [OoC/S/Accepting]

Aix

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Amelia is pretty much finished now. Can't really think of a decent back story, so I'll skip it if no-one minds :/

It's fine, we can't all be tragically scarred by our pasts ^_^

What confuses me though: What sort of classes is Amelia taking? Is she just taking pretty much everything? What type of career is she aiming for?

I honestly feel that being curious wouldn't actually lead her into it. Maybe, I suppose, she could get lost and wander there or something like that, but I feel you haven't given any real reason for her to be curious, especially as there are bound to be plenty of other clubs and etc. at a university.

Ooh, RP based off Stein's;Gate? Count me in. Er, that is to say, reserve please!

This seems very interesting could I have Reserve Spot

My app will either be finished today or next weekend :/ football practice Tuesday-Friday are pain in te Butt

Can we get our apps in sometime?

Can we get our apps in sometime?

Yeah, I'll have mine in later today. The past week was way busier than I had anticipated, and so I had to keep pushing back work on my app until today thanks to a whole bunch of stuff I had to do practically popping up out of the woodwork. I apologize for my lateness in that regard, and will try to get mine in as fast as I can.

EDIT: My app has been completed. Again, I apologize for the lateness and for any possible detriments to the app's quality due to me having to rush it a bit in order to complete it in some semblance of a timely fashion (although that should probably be impossible at this point, considering it's already late as it is.)

[spoiler APP]
"If one starts moving upward from zero, the only way forward leads to the endless expanse of infinite possibility. And even if the road should be paved with despair and regret, there is always the one path that leads to the conclusion filled with hopeful light...Well now, shall we venture down this path together?"

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Username: ~Tico~
Name: Charlene Yukuhashi
Date of Birth: October 29, 1991
[hr] 
[spoiler=Appearance]
Charlene stands at about 6’ 3’’ (164 cm) but with a thinner build than most at only 47 kg, due her general habit of skipping one meal a day. She keeps her black hair relatively short, being at most up to the base of her neck towards the back. Her eyes are a dark brown (though they appear almost black) and her skin is a relatively healthy color, albeit with a slight pale tinge. Her general expression is bland, most of the time with a bored feel to it, although it sometimes slips into lapses of a more depressed appearance.

Charlene’s attire is not particularly complicated either. She wears a long-sleeved black shirt upon her torso, which is complimented with a grey skirt. She also has black leggings and shoes of the same color with buckles. The only accessory worn is a necklace around her neck, one that’s not particularly elaborate, just with white pearls. On some occasions, she might be seen carrying a white cat, which is a stray that is often found wandering the school campus and which Charlene has found a certain fondness for.
[spoiler=Image]
http://images.wikia.com/typemoon/images/0/0d/Alice_casual.png
Charlene in her casual outfit.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[hr] 
[spoiler=Personality]
Probably the most immediate trait that people associate with Charlene is her preference to remain silent. This particular mannerism is born out of numerous aspects of herself, the most prominent being a mild shyness, her own tendency to mangle her words by stammering (especially when nervous), and of course, her own view of “speech” being a troublesome thing. Thus, she keeps quiet for most of the time, only speaking if circumstances force its necessity. In all other occasions, if she needs something said, she utilizes her tablet computer to write down the words before holding it for the person she intends to speak with to see. Her roundabout way of talking is indeed bizarre, but for the most part, the people she has “spoken” with using such a method have gotten used to it, as Charlene speaks with these people on a more-or-less daily basis.

Once the barrier of getting her to talk is overcome, one can really begin to appreciate the actual Charlene. Charlene herself is kind and relatively open-hearted in manner, with a seemingly infinite patience to boot, making it difficult to truly enrage her. While she does address practically everyone in a familiar way devoid of respect or disdain, she does so in a perfectly innocent way that makes it difficult to fault or reprimand her for such. She also has an intense curiosity in practically everything unknown to her, and can be found poring over documents related to her topic of choice. This curiosity, however, extends to people and so if people happen to be having problems, Charlene would not be a bad choice to turn to. She is more than willing to listen and help them sort out their feelings, albeit in an impersonal sort of way due to her “people experience” coming from books on psychology.

However, as much good might be in her heart, while light exists, shadows will, too. Charlene is not above using intimidation (complete with scary aura) in order to deal with most unsavory individuals that cross her path. Some people fear her for such, but as it is, they fear the wrong thing. For those she truly despises (the "really bad" people), Charlene reserves the treatment of using their darkest fears, their shameful secrets, and whatever else she can uncover to ensure that they never trouble her or anyone else again. Such an event has not happened since her first year of high school, but her uncanny capability of coldly using her target's weaknesses to psychologically strike at them betrays the cruel nature that stands alongside her usual kindness.
[/spoiler]
[hr] 
[spoiler=Backstory]
Charlene was born in Phoenix, Arizona. Before her birth, her parents had moved there for reasons related to her father's job, else she would've grown up in her parents' native Nagoya back in Japan. Charlene was born 3 years later, and in an attempt to help their child "fit in" with American society, she was given an English name, rather than a Japanese one.

Since the age of 6 or so, Charlene's interests have deviated from the expected "norm". Rather than toys, her general form of entertainment stemmed from disassembling various objects to examine their internal workings before reassembling them as best she could to learn how to fix them. Although her mother was somewhat worried about her handling of the occasionally more hazardous objects, her own former experience as a student of the sciences allowed her to understand and even encourage Charlene's spirit of curiosity. As Charlene moved into middle school, her interests also extended into technology and what might be her most favored topic, psychology.

Nothing else of particular importance happened between her entry into elementary school and the present time...except for one little incident that occurred halfway through 7th grade. During a spring vacation, a childhood friend of Charlene’s by the name of Laura died. Earlier in the day, her and her family had dropped by before leaving on a trip abroad. However, just some days before, Charlene and Laura had a squabble over something. It might’ve been important, it might’ve been a trifle. Whatever the case, Charlene apparently harbored bitter thoughts about the matter and refused to even see Laura. Thus, the two friends never met face to face on that fateful day, as Laura and her family died in a disastrous crash on the highway, one that also involved several other collisions and deaths. Charlene has regretted that her stubbornness had left her without that final chance to say goodbye and believed had she seen her friend as normal or even persuaded them to hang about at her house for a while, she and her family would not have been caught up in the crashes and would thus still be alive.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other]
- Charlene is an avid player of Rai-Net Access Battlers, which has spread to the States after huge commercial success in Japan.
- While it is not rare to see Charlene smile, getting her to laugh is an entirely different matter and a running joke she came up with is that one would need laughing gas or something of a similar sort to get even a giggle out of her,
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Hang on now, I wanna join too!

[spoiler=Application]
TRAvi_zpsd7535dad.jpg?t=1370256369
"Imagine, a world with a true harmonious state of being, without the need for war, for deceit, plots, and utmost domination for survival, where we as a collective human species can live together in peace. I'm sure anyone would agree to a world like that. Wouldn't you?"

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Username: Enrise
Name: Miro Vlad
Date of Birth: February 13th, 1989
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]

Almost a 6' 2" tall character, Miro is fairly slender in his height; though weighs 150 lbs, just within the ideal body weight for his height. He's almost like a male version of Snow White, with pale skin and glossy black hair. He has a pair of bright gray coloration that stand out against the sclera of his eyes (contrary to the picture). Normally he doesn't have his hair in any particular style, so it usually appears in disarray, sleeked backwards, or let loose. On occasion he will have it in a pony tail. His face is usually straight and bleak, though he will express himself when it's useful (such as laughing at a joke). He usually wears dress clothes - suit and tie - of different colors, his most notable one being white. Sometimes he will change his clothing attire and appear more casual, but still professional. He believes that to impress someone, one must look impressive. Otherwise for jewelry, he wears a few rings on his right hand; the index, middle, and ring fingers.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]

Usually a calm fellow, Miro usually takes the backseat in most affairs that happen in front of him. However, while he frequents in discussion with other people depending on the topic, he tends to stay quite a lot. Sometimes erratic and confusing to others in his ideals, he also tries to explain them so even a child can understand them. Though his ideals aren't confusing, they're just absurdly unrealistic to most to believe. However, he feels that anything is possible. Miro is also a huge pacifist (explained in back story) and can't stand anyone fighting in front of him, and will either try to get in between the conflict or try something to stop it. He'll also try to mediate between friends and people to try and settle the score so it doesn't escalate into a violent conflict. He'll always try to help others out, even if he's sacrificing his own time, money, energy, etc. when they want it.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Backstory]

Born originally in Russia during the fall of the Soviet and rise of the Federation, the depression of the economy hit his family hard. Struggling to make ends meet, his mother and father had to sell the house and live with friends and family in Chechnya. However, when the First Chechen War occurred, his father became a fight for the Chechen while his mother prepared to flee the country with Miro. However, before they could officially leave, at the last minute, a Russian attack was made on the city they lived in; attacks astray, bombs array, and bullets away. Within an hour, the whole city was in flames and bodies were accumulating on the streets and houses. When Miro awoke after a bombing, he saw his mother dead, and tried to cry out for help. When Russian soldiers appeared, they saw the little boy. Astonished, they didn't kill him, but helped him escape the country. When he arrived in America, he lived with a upper class family who never had a child due to infertility, and treated him like a son they never had. Although unsure of what to think, he appreciated their kindness. To this day, the image of warfare has scarred Miro. He currently lives alone in an apartment near the university with occasional support from his family.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other]

• His escape from reality is the music he listens to.
  • He occasionally adopts an animal or two from the shelter, or takes one in from the streets, and cares for it.
  • He's currently studying Biology (Major) and Chemistry (Minor), while is also privately studying Psychology, Humanities, Anthropology, etc. And occasionally reads up on other topics of study such as Astronomy or Physics for fun, even though he can't make use of it.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Hang on now, I wanna join too!

[spoiler=Application]
TRAvi_zpsd7535dad.jpg?t=1370256369
"Imagine, a world with a true harmonious state of being, without the need for war, for deceit, plots, and utmost domination for survival, where we as a collective human species can live together in peace. I'm sure anyone would agree to a world like that. Wouldn't you?"

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]Username: Enrise
Name: Miro Vlad
Date of Birth: February 13th, 1989
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]

Almost a 6' 2" tall character, Miro is fairly slender in his height; though weighs 150 lbs, just within the ideal body weight for his height. He's almost like a male version of Snow White, with pale skin and glossy black hair. He has a pair of bright gray coloration that stand out against the sclera of his eyes (contrary to the picture). Normally he doesn't have his hair in any particular style, so it usually appears in disarray, sleeked backwards, or let loose. On occasion he will have it in a pony tail. His face is usually straight and bleak, though he will express himself when it's useful (such as laughing at a joke). He usually wears dress clothes - suit and tie - of different colors, his most notable one being white. Sometimes he will change his clothing attire and appear more casual, but still professional. He believes that to impress someone, one must look impressive. Otherwise for jewelry, he wears a few rings on his right hand; the index, middle, and ring fingers.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]

Usually a calm fellow, Miro usually takes the backseat in most affairs that happen in front of him. However, while he frequents in discussion with other people depending on the topic, he tends to stay quite a lot. Sometimes erratic and confusing to others in his ideals, he also tries to explain them so even a child can understand them. Though his ideals aren't confusing, they're just absurdly unrealistic to most to believe. However, he feels that anything is possible. Miro is also a huge pacifist (explained in back story) and can't stand anyone fighting in front of him, and will either try to get in between the conflict or try something to stop it. He'll also try to mediate between friends and people to try and settle the score so it doesn't escalate into a violent conflict. He'll always try to help others out, even if he's sacrificing his own time, money, energy, etc. when they want it.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Backstory]

Born originally in Russia during the fall of the Soviet and rise of the Federation, the depression of the economy hit his family hard. Struggling to make ends meet, his mother and father had to sell the house and live with friends and family in Chechnya. However, when the First Chechen War occurred, his father became a fight for the Chechen while his mother prepared to flee the country with Miro. However, before they could officially leave, at the last minute, a Russian attack was made on the city they lived in; attacks astray, bombs array, and bullets away. Within an hour, the whole city was in flames and bodies were accumulating on the streets and houses. When Miro awoke after a bombing, he saw his mother dead, and tried to cry out for help. When Russian soldiers appeared, they saw the little boy. Astonished, they didn't kill him, but helped him escape the country. When he arrived in America, he lived with a upper class family who never had a child due to infertility, and treated him like a son they never had. Although unsure of what to think, he appreciated their kindness. To this day, the image of warfare has scarred Miro. He currently lives alone in an apartment near the university with occasional support from his family.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other]

• His escape from reality is the music he listens to.
  • He occasionally adopts an animal or two from the shelter, or takes one in from the streets, and cares for it.
  • He's currently studying Biology (Major) and Chemistry (Minor), while is also privately studying Psychology, Humanities, Anthropology, etc. And occasionally reads up on other topics of study such as Astronomy or Physics for fun, even though he can't make use of it.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Dat horrendous picture of Rai... you want this one instead?

raipic_zpscbffe625.jpg

How will your character be affiliated with the Time Research Lab? Is he an enthusiast or hobbyist? Does he have some sort of expertise? Or perhaps he could be somehow affiliated with SERN? Maybe his parents were important people in regards to time travel and they left some sort of secret on him?

I'd like the idea that his adoptive parents/guardians were affliated with SERN or some secret organisation linked somehow, but Iwould be more prone to go to funding, from his appearance and the sound of him. After all, such a lab needs a supply of money. Research Grants dont give that much funding.

Dat horrendous picture of Rai... you want this one instead?

raipic_zpscbffe625.jpg

How will your character be affiliated with the Time Research Lab? Is he an enthusiast or hobbyist? Does he have some sort of expertise? Or perhaps he could be somehow affiliated with SERN? Maybe his parents were important people in regards to time travel and they left some sort of secret on him?

Ah the picture doesn't matter, either one will work.

And I completely forgot about those, thank you.

I'd like the idea that his adoptive parents/guardians were affliated with SERN or some secret organisation linked somehow, but Iwould be more prone to go to funding, from his appearance and the sound of him. After all, such a lab needs a supply of money. Research Grants dont give that much funding.

Seeing as how you link this one Br'Aix, we can go with this one.

YES....I have this figured out now

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask how you are going to be included, but now that I think of it, with your guy's mechanical talents and the fact that he is an alumni, I'll make him already a part of the lab.

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask how you are going to be included, but now that I think of it, with your guy's mechanical talents and the fact that he is an alumni, I'll make him already a part of the lab.

So what are all the accepted character's and their ties to the club, exactly? I could try and skim through but it'd be easier for you to tell me.

So what are all the accepted character's and their ties to the club, exactly? I could try and skim through but it'd be easier for you to tell me.

Chris/ListenToLife is a recent member of the Time Research Lab.

Charlene/Tico is going to join the Time Research Lab.

Roy Amos/Tattered Sleeves is mechanical help and he's an alumni.

Amelia Therein is some random student likely just going to waltz in from getting lost.

Now you... we got the funding part about you, but would you like to be affiliated from the start or would you like to be sought out?

Chris/ListenToLife is a recent member of the Time Research Lab.

Charlene/Tico is going to join the Time Research Lab.

Roy Amos/Tattered Sleeves is mechanical help and he's an alumni.

Amelia Therein is some random student likely just going to waltz in from getting lost.

Now you... we got the funding part about you, but would you like to be affiliated from the start or would you like to be sought out?

How about my foster family has whatever relation you mentioned earlier to the club, and I'm only 'known' about in the club, but somewhat of a mystery to everyone personally?

Archived