[Leaderboard] ~Renegade~ VS. Zextra [WINNER: Renegade]

Ren✧

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen. Cards Due: 5/29
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: June 3rd
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun     :D

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Hop on board the retrain! Take a vanilla monster and transfer it into something new. Give it an effect! You can pretty much manipulate any part of the card, just keep the same picture(or a variation of it) and the same general name. Other than that you can do whatever you want with it. Synchros. Xyz. Fusion. Ritual. Have at it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

VengefulSwordstalker.png?t=1369692315

If a monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then destroy the monster that destroyed the destroyed monster. Once while this card is face-up on the field, during either player's turn, if this card attacks or is attacked: You can banish 1 monster from your Graveyard; increase this card's ATK equal to half the ATK of the banished monster.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

blueeyespulsardragonv2.png

2 Level 8 LIGHT monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned using “Blue-Eyes White Dragon” as any of its Materials: Halve the ATK and DEF of all face-up non-LIGHT monsters your opponent controls. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 1 Normal monster in your Graveyard. During your End Phase: You can Tribute 1 Normal monster you control; destroy all monsters your opponent controls that did not battle this card this turn.

[/spoiler]

Card A:

A monster formed by the vengeful souls of those who passed away in battle.

I like how you incorporated the flavor text. It is a nice hand trap sort of monster, making an easy recover from a potentially dangerous situation. It has a Kalut-like effect, but isn't as sneaky or underhanded, but also allowing it to stand up to some bigger Xyz Monsters. You could probably have kept the same ATK and been okay, but I don't think the extra 200 should matter too much.

Card B:

This legendary dragon is a powerful engine of destruction. Virtually invincible, very few have faced this awesome creature and lived to tell the tale.

I love the picture you used. It adds a flare to the card that isn't there with the original. The materials are slightly limiting but still allow use in a few decks, like fairies, photons, lightsworns, and hieratics. Although it is mainly designed to be used in a Normal Blue Eyes centric deck. It really doesn't have anything that pops out at me though, and I don't see it getting too much use.

I vote for Card A, but I enjoyed both cards. 

Card A:

A monster formed by the vengeful souls of those who passed away in battle.

I like how you incorporated the flavor text. It is a nice hand trap sort of monster, making an easy recover from a potentially dangerous situation. It has a Kalut-like effect, but isn't as sneaky or underhanded, but also allowing it to stand up to some bigger Xyz Monsters. You could probably have kept the same ATK and been okay, but I don't think the extra 200 should matter too much.

Card B:

This legendary dragon is a powerful engine of destruction. Virtually invincible, very few have faced this awesome creature and lived to tell the tale.

I love the picture you used. It adds a flare to the card that isn't there with the original. The materials are slightly limiting but still allow use in a few decks, like fairies, photons, lightsworns, and hieratics. Although it is mainly designed to be used in a Normal Blue Eyes centric deck. It really doesn't have anything that pops out at me though, and I don't see it getting too much use.

I vote for Card A, but I enjoyed both cards. 

Thanks for voting!

Hmm...this is tough.

While Card A wins in terms of usability, being a flexible hand-trap, that's also what I don't like about it. imo, hand-traps create mindgames that are bad for the game, especially if they can cause that much of an impact. Swordstalker not only has a solid 2200 body, but also has the effect of something like Honest or Kalut (since they lose their monster anyways). Its ATK boost effect is good. Card b isn't as versatile, obviously, but does a good job at what it's designed to do. First of all it has a nice Neo Galaxy-Eyes-like effect in the form of a universal Shrink for your opponent. Then it turns its -1 summon into a +0 due to being able to immediately revive a Blue-Eyes (presumably). And its destruction effect is a nice plus that's slow enough to not be broken. So my vote is for Card b this time.

Card A might not have many uses, though a good thing is that it can easily be used in Archfiends as it's a Level 6 Fiend that banishes, which makes it really good. I do think the second card is pretty damn powerful, since it can quite easily make a Blue-Eyes engine, by detaching Blue-Eyes and grabbing it again, and if you have 1 detached and 2 in the Graveyard, you pretty much got it, and since that monster can attack, you can deal aobut 6000 damage. I don't like that design. Plus, it has an opponent nuke as well. So Card A it is.

Card A seems like terrible design: it's a hand trap saku on a mid-sized level 6 DARK body..  Quite a few problems right there.  It also has a honest-esque secondary effect.  In short, I feel like it rewards you way too much just for drawing into it.

Card B has fantastic flavor and artwork, so props to that.  I don't feel that it is too overpowered, given that it requires you to run vanillas and it's a rank 8.  It's not perfect design, in that it can OTK quite easily by grabbing the detached vanilla, but I like it more than Card A.

Vote to Card B.

Card A seems like terrible design: it's a hand trap saku on a mid-sized level 6 DARK body..  Quite a few problems right there.  It also has a honest-esque secondary effect.  In short, I feel like it rewards you way too much just for drawing into it.

Card B has fantastic flavor and artwork, so props to that.  I don't feel that it is too overpowered, given that it requires you to run vanillas and it's a rank 8.  It's not perfect design, in that it can OTK quite easily by grabbing the detached vanilla, but I like it more than Card A.

Vote to Card B.

Thanks for voting!

both at 2

Looks like I is the deciding vote.

I can agree with what has been said about Card A, obviously more useful, but also touching on OP, there isn't much of a drawback to the card, and with the added ATK it is slightly worrying. However the other card isn't too usable, or at least not to the point where it would be of actual use since it requires Normal Monsters to be used. But when it is, it opens up for some OTKs, which I have always hated. The art is nice as well, but I find the added part of the name to be unneeded. I can see how Card A is using the flavor text which I like to see, especially on retrains. 

My vote goes to Card A.

3-2 Card A

Card A wins. And if I deduced this correctly, Card A is Renegade and Card B is Zextra. Reason I think this: Zextra is a major Blue-Eyes fan from what I can tell. XD

So, am I right about that?

Really? I thought it was the other way around...but then again you would know them better. 

Looks like I is the deciding vote.

I can agree with what has been said about Card A, obviously more useful, but also touching on OP, there isn't much of a drawback to the card, and with the added ATK it is slightly worrying. However the other card isn't too usable, or at least not to the point where it would be of actual use since it requires Normal Monsters to be used. But when it is, it opens up for some OTKs, which I have always hated. The art is nice as well, but I find the added part of the name to be unneeded. I can see how Card A is using the flavor text which I like to see, especially on retrains. 

My vote goes to Card A.

Thanks for the vote.

3-2 Card A

Card A wins. And if I deduced this correctly, Card A is Renegade and Card B is Zextra. Reason I think this: Zextra is a major Blue-Eyes fan from what I can tell. XD

So, am I right about that?

Yep, although I feel as if a lot of people probably could figure it out. 

---

GG, Zextra. Loved your card, very interesting match up :D

@ Striker - I take it that you got that vibe from my Blue-Eyes topic in TCG not long ago? :3

gg, Renegade. I guess I was right when I said I hated my card xD

I was looking to somehow make Azure-Eyed Silver Dragon a bit faster and combine it with something Burst Stream of Destruction-esque. Of course something like that could never turn out well.

We should go again sometime.

@ Striker - I take it that you got that vibe from my Blue-Eyes topic in TCG not long ago? :3

gg, Renegade. I guess I was right when I said I hated my card xD

I was looking to somehow make Azure-Eyed Silver Dragon a bit faster and combine it with something Burst Stream of Destruction-esque. Of course something like that could never turn out well.

We should go again sometime.

I look forward to it! Don't hate on your card too much, it was a nice design, if not a little cluttered. 

Archived