X-Over Academy: The Summoner Tales | PG-13 | All-all Crossover | IC Thread | Accepting

Jolta

Garris looked as the Mysterious principal revitalized everyone, but it did not do much to Garris himself, as he was only a little exhausted. He looked in surprise when he was led to the cafeteria, a western-style breakfast greeted his eyes, he simply scoffed, he preferred to have hunted his own food, but this will have to suffice. He sat on a corner seat at a random table, not looking at who he was actually sitting by and proceeded to eat, starting by tearing through the Sausage and the Eggs he had got, then he slowly ate the bread. It was a long time since he had someone else prepare food for him, although compared to the food he hunted himself, the taste of everything was dismal. As usual, he did not speak while eating, as not to lose any food he ate....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will was not particularly tired after the chase, he hadn't been running as long as the others and hadn't used any of his energy on spells during that whole affair after all, but just as he was about to raise his voice in protest of prolonging the time between their arrival and entrance exams his body decided to turn against him.  The entire group was, in all likelihood, able to hear his stomach growling as loud as it was.  This wasn't particularly embarrassing to him, he just didn't end up actually saying anything.  As the lot of them were lead off to the Cafeteria, he made his way through the crowd to the front so that he could get through the breakfast line quickly.

Once breakfast was revealed to them, and they were allowed to go and serve themselves, the youth rushed to do so with vigor.  It took him very little time to grab a plate piled high with eggs, sausage and the like and plop himself down at a table more or less at random.  He didn't much care if anyone came to sit with him, but at the same time he hadn't intentionally sat near where any of the others were going to sit.  Not that he expected to be bothered, given how quickly the rest of them had paired up on the way to the school or were busy doing so now.

"Can't believe they're waistin' time with this,"  he thought while chewing on a sausage, "we're here to learn, not make friends."

"Thanks!" Zach found himself smiling for no reason, as he was hoisted up by Alice. "looks like somethings happening up ahead..." After dusting himself off, and checking his bag to make sure his laptop was not damaged. Zach, and Alice  began to make their way towards the crowd that was gathering in front of the building.

As they arrived, a very important looking man announced himself to be the principle of the school. Zach took particular interest in the principle's mentioning  of a "Summon servant" test... though he had no idea what it meant, he was still very much excited about it. When the strange man had finished his short introduction, he led the kids to a cafeteria that had a glorious breakfast laid out.

Swiftly fixing himself a plate, Zach took a seat near a boy who looked to be a around 14. The first thing he noticed was the boy's eyes,which appeared to be two different colors, and the fact that he seemed extremely serious for his age. Giving the boy a causal nod, Zach reached into is pocket, and produced handheld gaming system. "I guess I have time to finish a quick hunt..." The red headed boy grinned to himself, before taking a large bite of sausage. The sounds of an epic battle between him, and the games many mythical creatures, was the only sound that could be heard from his table.

"Does such a thing bother so much?"

"Does it? 'Course it does. I say he allowed that to happen."

Stark was sitting on one of the cafeteria seats away from everyone else because he didn't want people to overhear him speaking to Umbra, and needed to cool off, not wanting to release any built up rage against them. With his legs and arms crossed and one foot twirling in motion, he began to look over the cafeteria and see everyone eat their food.

"I do not favor nor permit a wielder of my blade to become weak from being malnourished. Eat."

"I'm not hungry. I'll just eat later. Or use a soul. That works too, right?"

"Fool! Do you think you have the luxury of consistent usage of souls to keep your strength peaked? No. In my possession, I have but just only so many. It is better to prevent the lack of souls when you can. Now. Eat."

"Ugh, I told you. I'm not hungry."

The two continued to debate to themselves quietly while no one else heard them.

"Besides, he restore our energy, right? Should be enough."

"No it's not. Revitalizing one's energy can last as long as the warrior's strength can. If you're weakened from the start, you're using most of your energy just to keep yourself from collapsing from fatigue."

"Gah! Fine. Guess I don't have much choice."

Standing up from the seat, stretched his muscles for a second, and began to advance to where the food was; passing by he noticed a few of the people from earlier this morning by the entrance: the girl he met, a demon child who approached the ice skater from earlier, the french chick, and a few select others.

Considering the recent event, it was hard for Elliot not to wonder what he had gotten himself involved in. He'd come to this place to..y'know, learn at the academy. Yet his first impressions of the whole situation was bizarre, to say the least. After all, the whole lot of them had gone chasing down some rabbit/woman hybrid, only to find out that said creature turned out to be the principal. According to that little speech the principal had then given, this whole chase thing was a school tradition. At this point, Elliot had to resist the urge to smack his face into his palm at the notion.

Only two things of real interest to Elliot had then taken place. The first was that test related to summoning familiars that the principal had mentioned. That would certainly be interesting (and certainly more in line with what Elliot had expected from the academy: Something related to expanding their use or knowledge of magic, not playing what was practically tag.) The other was, of course, food. He had unintentionally gotten himself caught in the moment of the chase, but now the growling of his stomach reminded him of how famished he was. 

A few moments after Elliot had sat down with a plate of food, a boy with red hair who looked somewhat older than him took the seat next to him and took a bite of sausage before whipping out a portable game system and turning it on to begin a battle against mythical creatures of some sort (or at least that was what Elliot gleaned from a quick glance he threw the screen's way).

"Heya," Elliot said at last after swallowing a mouthful of his own food, "quite the strange start to the school year, huh? Since you're here, I guess you're gonna be a student here like me. I'm Elliot Garland." Making the effort to smile, he extended his hand to he guy. "And you are..?"

Zach's eyes were glued to the screen, as his avatar slashed, and hacked through hundreds of monsters. He had finally narrowed down his targets position to a single area on the map, and was now preparing for the final confrontation. As his character took the first steps toward certain doom, Zach heard a voice from his left.  "quite the strange start to the school year, huh? Since you're here, I guess you're gonna be a student here like me. I'm Elliot Garland." 

Instinctively pressing the pause button on his game, Zach looked up to see that the voice belonged to a kid who couldn't be more then a year younger then himself. Placing his game carefully on the table, Zach slapped his palm against Elliot's in a playful fashion, before scratching the back of his head. "Strange is not the word for dude... More like insane." Zach was only half joking, as he tossed a piece of bread into his mouth. "I have to say, this is the first time I've been around so many people who can use magic...feels kind of hommie, eh? I'm Zach Strider by the way"

Silently abandoning the chase, Novem decided to head for the academy instead, abandoning the then-newly-made French accomplice. Strangely enough, what followed afterwards was that the furry bunny lady jumped up onto a podium transformed into a masked man by the name of Alexis Stilton, who turned out to be their principal. So he was some kind of magical crossdresser, then. He mentioned something about a summoned servant test and familiars, and although it was probably important, the ice-user didn't take much interest in it at all.

Later on, Novem decided to follow the rest to the cafeteria, just because there was nothing better to do. It was then that some random guy walked out and asked to sit with him/her.

"Sure, why not." Novem replied - in a lazy, disinterested tone that only made his/her true gender all the more confusing - without taking his gaze off the plate.

It was extremely hard to read his expression. Was s/he silently venting his/her anger out on it, or was he treasuring it like it was precious? Whatever the case, it was the focus of his attention over the course of the next ten awkward seconds. Then with a sigh, Novem stabbed the fork into the food and began eating it with a blank look. Again, it was hard to tell whether s/he liked it or not. Maybe s/he was holding back his excitement at such delicious food, or maybe he was just trying to disguise the fact that this kind of stuff tasted absolutely disgusting.

As Ace neared the school, he noticed that the rabbit woman and all of the students chasing it had actually passed him and got there first. Just when he thought things couldn't get anymore strange, The rabbit woman jumped onto a podium and transformed into a man who was apparently the school principal. His name was Alexis Stilton, obviously going by Principal Stilton. Principal Stilton told the students about some test they would be taking, which Ace had little to no interest for. However, Principal Stilton managed to gain Ace's interest by the simple word, breakfast. At the sound of the word, Ace's stomach began grumbling.

Going into the cafeteria along with the rest of the students, Ace grabbed a plate of the current breakfast they were serving. He scouted the cafeteria for a seat he wanted to take, noticing many students had already begun to form groups, or at least they seemed like they were forming groups. The white-haired kid was sitting with water dragon girl. The sword user sat by himself. The speedy red-haired kid sat with the two kids with two different eye colors. The demon-eyed kid sat with the ambiguously gendered kid. Finally, the bue-haired kid sat with some student Ace wasn't able to recognize from before, who obviously were intrigued by the kid's animalistic eating habits.

Plugging in his earphones, Ace proceeded to walk towards the sword wielder's table, who at the moment was going to get his food. He decided that he would sit with the sword wielder solely based on the fact that it seemed the others were interested in conversation whereas Ace wanted to eat first and converse later. The sword wielder seemed as though he wasn't very interested in conversation either, so Ace thought he would be the best choice to sit with.

Going towards the sword wielder as he himself was about to get his food, Ace politely asked, "Would you mind if i sat at your table?" He awaited his answer before he took a seat.

The sausage had only just been chewed to a consistency allowing for it to be swallowed when Will was joined by another boy looking to be a few years his senior and with the most startlingly red hair he'd ever seen.  It actually distracted the lad from his breakfast for a moment, but only a moment.  No need to concern himself with something other than the task at hand, filling up on something tasty.  He didn't respond to the comment about a hunt, and chose not to call attention to the game being played.  One thing that DID intrigue him was the arrival of another boy, looking to be the same age as himself, at the table and sitting down beside the fellow playing his game.

Some comment was made about this being a strange way to start the year, and the boy who had revealed himself to be Elliot Garland was corrected. Zach Strider, as the red-haired fellow had said he was named, seemed to think that it was something more along the lines of insane.  That brought a smile to the Irish lad's face, and he decided that he might as well talk to the guys he was going to be sharing space with.  Of course his plate needed to be cleaned off first, and so he waited to speak until the very last morsel had been thoroughly chewed and sent on its way down to his stomach.

"Insane's a good word fer it,"  he stated as he put his fork down on top of the now cleaned plate.  "Especially considerin' most of us were chasin' the principal fer nearly a kilometer.  No sense in tirin' us out right before some sort o' test."  Will let out a sigh and leaned back in his chair, rolling his shoulders to pop them while he did.  "O' course that might be part o' the test itself.  Well, however they ru this place I'm thinkin' we belong here."

Being halted by a boy with short blond hair who asked if he could sit by his table. Stunned for a moment, Stark only gave a shrug at first but decided it was alright.

"Yeah, sure I guess. Not really my table."

"Don't decide things without my permission, worm!"

Reaching over his back to grab his guitar case in which Umbra was stored, he felt a twitch in his neck made - presumably by Umbra - and flinched for a split second. Still grabbing the bag, he unzipped it, and took Umbra out and latched it to his side.

"Relax, I won't let you go so easily." he whispered to himself.

Zipping up the guitar case, Stark handed the boy the case. "If you don't mind, can you put my guitar case back over there as well, while I get some food?"

It took quite a long time, but everyone (should have been) was done with their breakfast.

"S- so... I see we haven't really spoken much..." Gerald spoke to his androgynous new crush. "I guess-"

This was the part where a bell began to rang, before an announcement was made. It was the principal's masculine voice.

"Testing testing. Ah yes, all students report to the field for the Summoned Servant Test in five minutes. This is the first day of school, so avoid lateness~"

"Grr..." Gerald growled like a beast for a while. "Well, I guess we'll meet again, right?" He smiled at his new friend before heading off.

~~~

"Now now, settle down. We are about to commence the Summoned Servant Test, where you will finally meet your familiar, your partner who will accompany you for the rest of your life in this school. And maybe without the 'in this school' part, in most cases. Summoned servants are an ancient practice, but it took us quite a long time to develop a more unique Familiar System that is out of this world. Which is why I am glad that you are the first cohort in the entire history of this school to tap into our improved familiar system that is literally out of this world!"

The Principal glanced around. One guy sleeping. Well, this was sad. The Principal woke him up with a simple clap.

"Put your heart and soul into this test. Metaphorically, of course. That is all you need to do to succeed. Literally. And... COMMENCE!"

With that, the Principal enclosed the students in a dark void in order to seperate them. "Non-combat spells require top-tier concentration, so worry not," the Principal continued, "I am watching every single one of your performances, so do your best!"

In each dark void cell, there was a student and a spell circle, presumably a catalyst.

With the snap of his fingers, the Principal teleported sword-guy in front of him. "I see... this is not as rare a case as it seems, but for it to come from another world, it is... Your familiar, can you unsheath it?"

~~~

"Alright then, this is it, the test... Now... the words..."

Gerald closed his eyes as the spell circle began to glow. Not believing in the 'heart and soul' stuff the Principal said, he began to chant...

"I, Gerald Ragnarok, summon thee upon the Earth..."

Well, nothing. Next, he concentrated with all his might, put his arm out, and lightningbolts began to splatter. A mysterious cylindrical chamber Gerald seemed to recognise as an 'Incubator' popped out from the middle of the spell circle. Gerald then stared in awe. Who was his familiar?

An individual who was about his head stepped out of the cylinder, in smoke. ""Good day, who may you be?" MISAKA questions in an awfully curious manner," the girl who stood before him spoke. Gerald blushed for a while. "My name... is... g- Gerald Ragnarok. You are now my familiar..."

With that, Gerald found on his neck an odd pendant that looked like a lightningbolt. He held it in his hands and it previewed a hologram of words.

Name: MISAKA 10063
Element: Lightning

"Ten thousand... and sixty three? What happened to the other 10062?" Gerald asked.
""10031 deceased, 31 currently alive," MISAKA elaborates," MISAKA elaborates.
Gerald had this feeling that he would get along well with his new friend. Next, the female school uniform appeared in his arms.

~~~

"H- hey! What's the big idea!"

The mindless, brutal lady known as Huang Xishun was raging. She then saw the spell circle.
"I see how it is. Familiars, huh? Well, here we go..."

Xishun concentrated with all her might as thecspell circle glowed a light blue. The next thing you knew, a blue beam shot up from the spell circle. The humanoid silhoutte sproted wings from its back, before making a safe landing on the ground.

"Huh? Where am I?"

The voice of a young man emerged from a tall, slender silvery humanoid with a green faceplate. No visible eyes or mouth.

Xishun gave a glare, causing the bird to cower. She then knocked the robot's stomach, producing a clanking sound.

"Not bad for a bird, what might-"

She looked at the pendant around her neck. Circular with wings, plus a black sword-like emblem. It then previewed a hologram.

Name: Silver Crow
Element: Wind

Next, a set of the male school uniform appeared in Xishun's arms.

"So, can I call you Crow, Crow?"

~~~

"Here goes nothing..."

Alice then concentrated. With little difficulty, she caused the spell circle to glow. It began to glow pink. Next, an hourglass-like emblem began to form.

"What is this?" Alice questioned. In a sudden flash of bright, pink light, a mysterious, petite, eyepatched lady appeared, crouching and looking rather afraid.

"It's OK, mademoiselle. My name is Alice Dunois. I want to be your friend. What is-"

Alice found a pendant around her neck, resembling the pink emblem from earlier. It previewed a hologram.

Name: Touko Ikezawa
Element: Balance

"Touko? I see. It is nice to meet you, Touko."

Frey winced when she glared at him, but quickly covered it back up with his usual smile. When she stuttered, he looked at her curiously, but didn't register anything. However, after Frey thought about it a little bit more, he guessed what it could be. Frey's face grew slightly warm, but he dismissed it, shaking his head. "There's no way I could get feelings like that already. She wouldn't either. We barely know each other anyway." After she introduced herself as Huang Xishun, he responded with telling her his name. Frey couldn't hold back a laugh at her attitude though, but stopped when he realized she might be serious. After all, she had summoned some kind of oriental dragon constructed of water and she did come to this academy. Sitting down, he quickly ate.

[hr]

When a loud and resonant voice commanded attention, Frey turned. "… commence the Summoned Servant Test, where you will finally meet your familiar, your partner who will accompany you for the rest of your life in this school. And maybe without the 'in this school' part, in most cases. Summoned servants are an ancient practice, but it took us quite a long time to develop a more unique Familiar System that is out of this world. Which is why I am glad that you are the first cohort in the entire history of this school to tap into our improved familiar system that is literally out of this world!"

Looking around, Frey noticed a dozing kid, but when the principal clapped, Frey could feel a slight tremor of energy brush past him and wake the kid up. "Put your heart and soul into this test. Metaphorically, of course. That is all you need to do to succeed. Literally. And... COMMENCE!" He grew slightly nervous when an eerie wall of swirling purples and blacks formed around him. Soon after, a spell circle, like the sort you'd see a magician use, grow in front of him.

[hr]

Inside of the dark cocoon, Frey understood what he was to do, but grew continually scared. "What if I fail? I've done some weird stuff with electricity, but am I really a magician? Can I summon a familiar? What would I do if I failed? Would I be left behind?" Unbeknownst to Frey, the negative feelings of fear were reaching out into a world far different from his. As a horrifying miasma of black mist appeared, swirling around in a large tornado like fashion, Frey finally saw it. As his own fear increased, it further strengthened and gave form to the devilish creature from the otherworld, which in turn, spawned more fear in Frey. Backing away, Frey yelled in sheer terror, and a explosion which blocked out all the light rocked his chamber, throwing him against the walls. As the being raged with a terrible fury, it proceeded to smash apart the spell circle with a fell swipe of his hand, bits and pieces of fading light tinkling to the ground.

Frey finally saw what he had summoned. A human-like figure was standing before him, with an unnatural tint of blue-grey to his skin. Bandage-like appendages whirled through the air as if they were alive. As the being turned, he saw a head, but nothing else besides the mouth. The rest of the head was wrapped in a cloth emblazoned with three glowing red vertical eyes. Screaming horrendously at him, the cloth bandages mimicked a giant mace-like ball, and swung it at him. Running, Frey barely escaped the whistling weapon, which he could feel the massiveness of as it swept past his face. A couple of bandages split off and mimicked a fist, which swung around with unbelievable speed and threw Frey bodily into the air. As he watched, blood oozing from various cuts, a cyan-net like thing wrapped around the whole thing, and the monster struggled. Ripping what appeared to be some of the nets, the top half of the being was free. As the bandages split apart into smaller groups, they all formed spear-like forms, and tore towards him like an enormous drill, spinning.

The brunt of the weapons slammed into Frey, crushing and pressing him up against the walls. They didn't seem to pierce his flesh though, and as he looked down, the same net of sorts was protecting him, even as the drill continued to try to break through. As he watched, the shield was cracking, and Frey leapt to the side, falling roughly. Giggling with a horrible screech that was overlaid with sheer insanity, the monster made a praying motion,  which surprised Frey. As he saw crimson orbs with the same eye-like emblem inside of spell circles, Frey understood. The eyes were closed however, although they seemed to be getting bigger and more radiant with a terrible aura. As the monster roared at him, a paralyzing fear ground him to his spot, and even if he used all his force, he could not move. His vision graying away, he saw the nets struggling to hold back this devil. As the monster roared towards the sky, the fearsome multiple eyes that were summoned finally opened, letting loose thick beams of a red energy. Unable to move, Frey watched helplessly as they flew towards him. Blacking out, Frey wondered if he was a fool for coming here. "I knew I'd fail…" Surprisingly enough, in his last few seconds of consciousness, he wondered how Xishun was doing… As his eyes closed, he noticed a swinging necklace with an ink-black pendant inscribed in red with the words "Name: Asura" and below it, "Element: Darkness"…

[hr]

As the crackling beams of energy flew towards the unconscious Frey, the very air was glowing red with their energy. As they hit, a miraculous thing happened. With a burst, the cyan-blue net formed around Frey, the beams, and the being. Frey floated in the nets' bluish light before being gently lowered. Before Frey's very eyes, an astounding miracle was happening. The beams were cracking, and then with a burst, they exploded in a wave of blackness. As for the being itself, it was yelling in fear, before it was bound by the net completely. Growing calm, the creature, whose name was Asura, slid to the ground, in a restricted state, and calmer… As the light show faded, a set of clothes folded themselves into a neat pile in Frey's arms. After a little while, Frey's eyes slowly opened to the sight before him…

Garris, after he ate, heard the voice of the principal announcing the Summoned Servant test, he ignored the part until when Stilton clapped, A tremor of energy brushed beside him, causing him to turn, he heard Stilton say "Put your heart and soul into this test. Metaphorically, of course. That is all you need to do to succeed. Literally. And... COMMENCE!". His face could not explain all of the surprise as he was warped into a dark void with nothing else aside from a Spell Circle and some sort of Catalyst, as instructed, he started to concentrate, he wondered about what sort of familiar he would get, but then started to focus hard on the Spell Circle, which then started to glow dimly, He started to concentrate harder and harder until the Spell Circle started forming, with White Light, A Celtic Cross. After the Spell Circle completed, A Pillar of Light slammed into the Spell Circle, Pushing Garris off his feet with a shockwave. With the Spell Circle complete, Garris no longer needed to concentrate, He got up to see a set of piercing red eyes staring at him, He expected a human familiar, but then the Eyes started getting lower and then finally disappeared, and as the Pillar of Light dissipated, out came....

"... A Fox? Are you kiddin' me? Are you fr'aking kiddin' me!? A huge Spet'cle for a reg'lar siz'd fox!?" He complained to himself.

Garris had laid his eyes on what would be his new familiar, A White Fox with several red Facial Markings and a black nose and Black Paws, It also had Blood-stained ears, as if it had been in a pretty nasty fight and won, Garris looked down and found a Pendant on the Fox, Which resembled a Celtic Cross, which then projected a stream of falling black feathers to spell out "Name: Veirus - Element: Balance" in front of Veirus for Garris to read... When the Black Feathers hit the floor, They disappeared as Veirus, The aforementioned Fox, bowed her head in disappointment, but then Garris smiled and said "I'm sorry Veirus, I jus' expect'd you to be somethin' else" Which then the fox then climbed on Garris's Shoulders and whispered to him, even though nobody else could understand her unless the Principal was a Nature-typed Wizard, like Garris was "It's alright... What's your name?" "Garris, Garris Naevkins"...

Ace nodded, taking the guitar case from the sword wielder. He placed the case vertically upward and leaning against the table, then took a seat across from it. Ace then began to devour his food, eating it at an extraordinary speed. Just as he finished, a bell rang. Following the bell's ringing, the principal's voice echoed throughout the cafeteria.

"Testing testing. Ah yes, all students report to the field for the Summoned Servant Test in five minutes. This is the first day of school, so avoid lateness~"

Ace leaned back in his seat a little and chuckled a bit. He would never have to worry about being late. He stood up and made his way to the field along with the rest of the students, only to find the principal waiting for them.  

"Now now, settle down. We are about to commence the Summoned Servant Test, where you will finally meet your familiar, your partner who will accompany you for the rest of your life in this school. And maybe without the 'in this school' part, in most cases. Summoned servants are an ancient practice, but it took us quite a long time to develop a more unique Familiar System that is out of this world. Which is why I am glad that you are the first cohort in the entire history of this school to tap into our improved familiar system that is literally out of this world!"

After waking a sleeping student, the prinipal continued, ""Put your heart and soul into this test. Metaphorically, of course. That is all you need to do to succeed. Literally. And... COMMENCE!"

"Put my heart and soul into a stupid test that requires no fighting? How can I? Well i doubt he was being serious anyway," Ace mumbled to himself. Just then he became enclosed within a dark void cell. Averting his attention to the glowing spell circle in front of him. Ace closed his eyes and began to concentrate on the spell circle, using his powers to try to summon his familiar. For a while, nothing happened. Then for an even longer while, nothing happened. Ace opened his eyes and looked around through his cell that some students had already summoned their familiars. He became a little aggravated that he wasn't able to do so.

"Who needs a partner anyway," Ace mumbled. He was simply unable to put his heart and soul into this test. He sat around in his cell a while trying to figure out a way to complete the damn summoning. He knew the only way for the summoning to work was if he cared enough for it to work. Acknowledging this, he began to think up of reasons that a familiar could be a good thing. Then suddenly,

"Thats it! If I can summon a powerful familiar, then I'll have a new training partner that can help me get stronger!" He exclaimed to no one. Closing his eyes once more, Ace tried with all his might to get the summoning to work. The spell circle in front of him then began glowing dark blue, and soon energy shot out of the circle in the form of a hurricane, causing Ace to open his eyes and watch the spectacle. The enerygy then bursted into a bright light blinding Ace for about five seconds. Once he regained his sight, he was disssatisfied to see before him, a blue hedgehog.

"That's it? I got a pet?" Ace said, clearly dissapointed.

"Hey! The name's Sonic, and I'm no pet! I'm the world's fastest hedgehog!" Sonic announced proudly.

"You can talk, and run too?" Ace asked, very confused.

"Of course I can! Have you been living under a rock!"

"Come to mention it, I have been living in the mountains for two years, maybe I just haven't seen enough of the world yet," Ace pondered aloud. "So you say you're pretty fast huh? Well once this dumb test is over, why don't we put that statement to the test."

"You must be crazy if you think you stand a chance against me," Sonic replied. Ace smirked, maybe he would like his familiar afterall. Just then, a pendant appeared around his name. It looked like a shoe with wings on it. Once he grabbed it, it projected a holographic message that simply said,

Name: Sonic the Hedgehog

Element: Lightning

Ace noticed he shared the same element as his familiar. Yup he was definitely going to like this talking hedgehog.

Zach stood silently in his void, staring at the magical circle placed dead in the center. "Ok, lets do it!" With a grin, Zach took a step forward, before extending  his hand out towards the spell circle. The boy's grin grew even wider as  the void began to fill with a bright light, so bright that Zach was forced to close is eyes. Zach remembered the principle's words about "Putting his heart into it", causing him to take a second to gather his thoughts, before final filling the void with is own make shift chant.  "My name...Is Zach Strider."  As he spoke, his mind traveled back to the people he had met at the academy so far...

First the two boys he had talked to in the cafeteria, Elliot, and Will. As he remembered their faces, the symbol in the circle shifted to a form a flame pattern. When their images finally faded, they were replaced by the girl Zach had met outside in the entrance ceremony, Alice. Zach flushed,as the girl's blonde hair,and bright blue eyes were presented clearly in his minds eye. Little did he know, the pattern in the circle had changed once again, this time to a heart shaped symbol. 

"I'm calling you from another world... You will be my partner. My power will be your power, my strength your strength, and all I ask of you is to lend me your... " Zach hesitated, he hadn't really thought about what he wanted in his familiar... "Power?Speed?Durability?Wisdom?Guns? Tails? Fangs? Zach's mind shifted through all the choices, changing the pattern in the circle with every new thought. After what seemed like an eternity, Zach final settled on a choice. "Your potential."  The blinding light of the void seemed to grow in intensity, before finally dissipating, allowing Zach to see his life long partner for the first time. 

Zach's eyes widened as he got his first glimpse of the entity that he a brought to this world. Laying in the summoning circle was some sort of metallic object, only slightly bigger then a large cell phone... Walking up to the strange piece of technology, Zach noticed that it seemed have  two glowing lights on its face, that reassembled the eyes of a mech.

"Ummm hello?" Zach spoke with a hint of disbelief, as the object slowly began floating in front of him. "Who the hell are you?!" The voice of a teenage boy came from the strange machine. Zach began to speak, but was silenced as a pendent in the shape of an infinity sign, appeared around his neck.

Name: Model Albert

Element:  Natural

"Model Albert, eh? Can I just call you Albert?" Zach mumbled as he looked around the void. "Its Model A!"  Shouted the machine, as it floated closer to Zach's face, it appeared to be trying to intimidate him. "Ok, Model A...Wheres the rest of you?" Zach took one more look around the void, there had to more to his familiar then just this right?

There was an awkward silence, as the two starred each other down. This seemed to go on for minutes, until Model A shot forward, smashing himself  into Zach's face with a large crash. "w-What's that supposed to mean? I heard your annoying voice, then next thing I know, I'm faced with the rest of you!Which by the way is pretty damn annoying!" Model A's voice took a hurt tone has he flew around Zach's face. "Dude, what the hell?!" Zach snapped back, as he wiped the blood from his lip. The two continued to argue back and forth, as set of school uniforms appeared in Zach's arms. Starring down at them with a mortified expression, Zach took another look at the psycho machine, before tilting his head back, and letting out a scream to the heavens.

YOUR KIDDING ME RIGHT?!  

Elliot glanced around as the dark void closed in around him. It was more of a disinterested look, as he wasn't in the least concerned. Indeed, he actually preferred being in his own separate summoning "chamber" or whatever one might prefer to call this void. However, now was probably the more difficult part: summoning the actual familiar. From the principal's vague comment on this new system being "literally out of this world", Elliot surmised that whatever he and everyone else would wind up summoning might be from some sort of parallel or alternate world. It wouldn't be all that surprising; after all, this was an academy of magic, and one of the highest caliber, no less.

The tricky bit was whether this magic circle in front of him was going to be the one doing most of the work in opening a portal via magic and pulling whatever familiar was compatible with him into it and bringing it here. Elliot couldn't be particularly sure that any of his fellow students were exceptionally skilled masters of summoning, so the more logical conclusion was that the circle would be doing most of the wheat lifting in terms of being a catalyst for the summoning. Bending down, he examined the circle itself. It was fairly intricate, with a relatively complex circle of runes about the outermost rim and then a gradual pattern of lines and symbols moving inward. In the center was the standard hexagram and at each of the cardinal directions on the outer rim, a circle was inscribed, with another mystical symbol etched within it.

Thinking back to the various books he had read, Elliot racked his brain for anything he might've seen that would work for activating a summoning circle. Most of the incantations he had seen were fairly simple, and he doubted they would do the job. Instead, he dug deeper into his memory, looking for something he might've seen from some of the more ancient books. Those were the most likely to contain such spells of power that was looking for.

Following that train of thought, he finally chances upon an Aria he thought might work. He would have to adjust a few lines to make it fit the current parameters (after all, one of the final lines made mention of a "Holy Grail" and Elliot certainly had nothing like that to back him on his incantation. How would one go about getting a grail to..? But that would be a thought for some other time.)

Standing slightly to the right of the center now, with his hand outstretched and his palm facing downward, Elliot began to chant the aria as best as he could remember. He made sure to go slow, so as not to mangle any of the lines. Some said that the words said didn't matter as much as the intent behind the words, but it paid to be careful and Elliot certainly did not want to cause any mishaps that might end in him blowing his own limbs off.

"Silver and iron to the origin. Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone. The ancestor is my great master ----.

The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate.

Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Shut (fill). Repeat every five times. Simply, shatter once filled.

---- I announce.

Yourself is under me, my fate (doom) is in your sword. If you abide by this feeling, this reason, then answer.

Here is my oath. I am the one who becomes all the good of the world of the dead; I am the one who lays out all the evil of the world of the dead.

You, seven heavens clad in three words of power, arrive from the ring of deterrence, O keeper of the balance ――!"

As he spoke the final verse, the circle began to glow. The iridescent light grew brighter and brighter, even as an ominous sound began to resound through the air. The sounds of crackling and popping soon followed, but the indistinguishable sound still continued and was heard above all. Finally, when the light reached an almost unbearable level of brightness, forcing Elliot to shield his eyes, a loud boom akin to a crack of thunder was heard and a blast of magical energy burst forth from the hexagram, knocking Elliot clean off his feet and out of the circle.

When the dust from the blast cleared, Elliot looked over to where the circle was, hoping he might see some sort of creature there. Instead, he found nothing, nothing whatsoever. Indeed, the only sign of any change having taken place there was the fact that the circle was now glowing slightly. Letting out a sigh of frustration, Elliot slowly got to his feet before dusting himself off and walking back to where the circle was.

Sure as he had been that the incantation would produce some results, the end result had been, in essence, a failure. "Well, there goes that idea," Elliot murmured, looking down at the circle once again. "So what to do now..?" Seeing as the most direct and common method was now out of the question, he had to try something more...unorthodox.

Bending down so that one knee was now on the floor, he placed his hand upon the center of the hexagram itself. Then, focusing his power as if he were attempting to cast a spell, Elliot tried to do something else with his gathered magical energy. Instead of simply releasing it in one huge burst or shaping into another form, he let it pass through his hand into the ground in a single wave and (hopefully) into the circle. Soon enough, the circle began to glow brighter once more, similar to how it had when he had chanted the aria. Aside from that though, there didn't seem to be much change.

So charging up the circle alone doesn't do the trick either, eh? Well then...huh? Elliot had expected he might have had to do something else to invoke the summoning. That much seemed almost a given. What he had not anticipated was for the formerly iridescent glow of the circle to become a dark violet and the other rim to suddenly flare with power. A moment later, the entirety of it was surrounded by a circular wall of energy that began to rotate even as Elliot looked about him, alarmed. Slowly at first but gradually picking up speed, this barrier continued its revolution. Sparks and bolts of magical energy flashed about the area and even the innermost portions of the circle were shining brighter than ever. Then, in a single instant, the magic gathered within the hexagram erupted up and around Elliot in the form of what was could only be said as an ebony tornado even as a  final indigo bolt of power descended from on high, smashing into the circle’s center.

When he next opened his eyes, Elliot found himself standing. Strange, considering he was sure he had been knocked flying by the blast from the sky. Wait…did the summoning succeed this time? He turned to where the circle had been and where now only a small crater remained. But what caught his attention was not the devastated scene before him so much as the human girl now stepping out of it and toward him.

“Y’know,” the girl said, as she stopped about a foot in front of him, “you didn’t have to go that far with the whole incantation and whatnot. Just some makeshift chant and some magical energy would’ve done the job. But I’ll forgive you for this instance; after all, such a dramatic and awing entrance heralding my summoning is to be expected.”

The girl paused for a moment here, allowing Elliot to give her appearance a closer examination. Surprisingly, her outfit seemed more like normal casual attire than anything else, as it consisted of a long-sleeved black shirt, a white skirt, and black and pink striped thigh-high socks. She wore running shoes on her feet, a white scarf around her neck, and oddly enough, a black witch’s hat with a white stripe near the brim atop her head. Her long blond hair was kept in two long ponytails, one to the left and the other to the right.

“But back to the subject at hand,” the girl now continued. “Judging from your somewhat flabbergasted expression upon seeing me ascend from that crater, I would wager that you are rather disappointed by your familiar, no?” This was true (to an extent), and so Elliot nodded, albeit grudgingly.

A smirk now crept onto the girl’s face. “Well, you need fret no longer, as I can assure you with a great deal of confidence that you have summoned a strong a familiar as any. Perhaps even stronger than some as the case may be. And so I shall introduce myself. From this day forth, this here magical girl and Killer of Saints, Yuuri, is at your service.” With that note, she made a mocking curtsy. Elliot could only take in her words before nodding, still somewhat overwhelmed by the events of the summoning and this “magical girl” who was now his familiar. “Elliot Garland. It is my pleasure,” he managed and gave a stiff bow. As he did, he noticed the necklace now hanging about his neck. The pendant attached to it was in the shape of a gun, with what appeared to be a ring embedded below the muzzle and a strange-looking heart with the classical sort of devil’s wings sprouting out its back was found hanging below the gun by another chain. When Elliot touched it, a small hologram appeared, displaying the words:

Name: Yuuri

Element: Darkness

Elliot looked at the words before nodding slightly. Seems like being at this school…wil truly be an experience like no other.

When Stark returned to the table with some food, he found his guitar case vertically set up against the table. After the one who set it up for him left, Stark took his time finishing his food, and placed Umbra back into the case. After he finished eating, he returned the tray to the proper place, and it was time for the Summoner Test.

--

First he was within a crowd of students, and now he stood before the principal of the school. The principal apparently took interest in the Umbra Sword, claiming that it was rare for a sentient sword to come from another world as a familiar, and questioned if Stark could unsheathe it.

"Unsheathe it? Yeah, I suppose so. Wouldn't be the first time it's been unsheathed."

Unzipping the guitar case on his back and drawing the sword from within, Stark stuck the blade into the ground before zipping up the guitar case mounted on his back. Returning his grasp back onto the sword, he stretched the sword before him, and reached the cloth that enshrouded the blade of Umbra, and ripped it off, tossing the cloth aside that would fly into the air.

The blade was as dark as the midnight sky could be, or as dark as the sun during the Solar Eclipse to the human eye. It was about the length of a normal one-handed long sword, though it seemed to be longer. It emitted an ominous dark energy, but didn't feel inherently evil, nor good. It started to strengthen the glow, and it spoke to Stark.

"I would say that you finally had the nerve to take that dusty disgusting cloth off of my blade, but instead I will say this: next time you put something like that on me, I'll make your body and soul mine."

"Yeah yeah, shut up you damn sword. I got you in this world, I can damn well get yo-"

Interrupted, Stark felt a twitch in the back of his head, remarking how much he hated Umbra for doing that and told him to stop doing that.

"Yeah. Umbra. I can't say whether or not it'll allow you to hear it, that's up to Umbra. As far as I know, only I can hear what it says."

Though more intrigued about what was currently happening, Stark realized that he never intended for Umbra to be a familiar. Perhaps he was somehow exempted from this Summoner Test? Or perhaps he would still have to take it, and have both a familiar and Umbra at the same time? Maybe Umbra was his familiar from the start, and Stark never knew? He couldn't say whether or not Umbra knew this, as there were many things that Umbra knew that it would never tell Stark even till his dying breath.

As the announcement rang over the PA, Will practically jumped out of his seat and nearly reached a meter and a half into the air before he finally came down to land.  This, among other things, was what he had been waiting for.  Though he'd only been waiting for this familiar summoning exam as long as he'd known about it, I.E. roughly five minutes, he'd been doing so with a great deal of properly contained eagerness.  Now that it was upon them, the time to contain such eagerness had passed.  Without so much as a farewell to those he had been eating with, he slung his duffle bag over his shoulder again and bolted out onto the field where they were to engage in what was to be their entrance exam.

Of course, he was rather surprised to be suddenly surrounded on all sides by some sort of impermeable blackness.  He'd actually hoped to actually show off this particular set of power.  He wasn't certain what familiar he would summon, but he knew it was going to be something awesome and powerful nonetheless.  All he needed to do was sit tight and focus for a few moments.  And so he did exactly that, sat down near the summoning circle and concentrated.  Young as he was, and as little time as he had actually been capable of using magic, he had a feeling he could figure this circle out.  His left hand fished around inside of his duffle bag for a moment until he came across the book he had been looking for.  A few moments later, and a well-kept copy of "Arcana: Sigils and Seals" was in his hands.  He began flipping through the pages, certain that he could find a specific entry for summoning seals.  Lo and behold, he did just that.

"Inter-planar summoning," he began reading aloud.  It wasn't that he didn't believe the principal, he just wanted to look it up for himself.  "The operation of an inter-planar summoning circle is a remarkable simple one.  The caster need only open themselves and allow their energies to flow into the circle, particularly if it is meant to call forth a familiar.  Despite theories concerning them, no evidence has been found to suggest that incantations are necessary to improve the quality of summoning."  He shrugged and closed the book, stashing it once more in his pack.  "Well, looks like the principal wasn't lying to us.  Now then, let's get started."

The young lad clapped his hands together, and placed them on the edge of the circle.  Almost immediately the rune began to glow with an arcane light, and sparks of energy started to fill the air around it.  As no incantation was needed, the boy sat in silence and merely beheld the growing power before him.  Certainly he could feel it sapping hi energy, but he was far too eager to see his familiar to allow such a thing to bother him.  The sparking energy grew in intensity, and a ghostly wind began to blow throughout the cell in which he had been entrapped, tossing about his clothing and loosing a few strands of hair from the gelled spikes in which they were normally held.  Gradually, the jumping energies converged in the center of the circle and began to form into a one seething ball of arcane power.  

At first it was merely a roughly spherical shape void of specific form, though this was not to be permanent.  Slowly, the orb began to take on a proper shape.  Four legs emerged from beneath, the sphere slowly shaped into an equine body, a tail sprung forth from behind, and the front of it began to take shape into a head and neck.  From the head grew a mane, as well as a roughly conical horn.  Once the shape had been properly taken, this strange coagulation of energy set onto the ground and the moment it made contact a blinding flash of light erupted from the sigil.  Instinctively, Will brought his hands up to cover his eyes.  Even still, he wasn't going to recover his vision for a few moments.

"You there!  Tell Trixie where she is!"

"What?"  Will wasn't exactly sure what he was hearing, and the temporary blindness wasn't helping.

"Did you not understand?  Trixie wishes to know where she is!"

"Okay, okay."  The lad sat himself back up and removed his hand from his face.  Despite being mostly blind at this point, he could make out what looked to be the form of...something blue and black in front of him.  "You're on the grounds of X-Over Academy."

The source of the voice was silent for a long time, as if mulling over what she had heard, before responding.  "What is this 'X-Over Academy' of which you speak?"  Well, at least she was coherent.

"An Academy where prospective mages go to train."

"And what, pray tell, is a mage?"

"A mage is a person capable of wielding arcane power in some way, shape, or form.  Thus allowing them to cast spells."  Will's vision was clearing up to the point that he could make out the form before him as being some sort of diminutive equine now.  "Never heard of a mage before?"

"Trixie HAS heard of those who can use magic.  Though Trixie only thought that Unicorns and Alicorns could do so, not...whatever you are."

"I am a human, thank you very much."  Finally his vision had cleared up sufficiently to tell exactly what he was looking at.  He couldn't quite make heads or tails of it at first, but eventually he had to suspend his disbelief and just accept it.  Standing before him, less than a meter in height, was a pastel blue unicorn wearing a black cloak covered in red and yellow stars.  He rubbed his eyes once more, as if that would help if he were seeing things.  "Well...you aren't what I expected."

"And what is THAT supposed to mean?"  The mare trotted forward and shoved her face right up against this "human" so that she could glare directly into his eyes.  She wasn't sure, but she had a feeling that she wasn't going to like...it.  She couldn't tell what sex it was, so it would be necessary to ask at some point.  "Are you implying that Trixie is not the most magnificent unicorn you have ever seen?"

"I was not implying that at all!"  Will huffed and pushed back against the creature.  As much of a girl's name as Trixie sounded like, he didn't want to presume.  After all, he'd known a guy named Cindy in primary school.  THAT had been something rather awkward to figure out.  "Just that I wasn't expecting to summon a Unicorn in the first place.  Truthfully, you're the first I've seen."

"How is that possible?"  Trixie was, well, flabbergasted that someone hadn't seen a Unicorn before.  They weren't exactly rare after all, being one of the major types of ponies.

"Well, they aren't really common here.  Before you start asking, you've been summoned to a different plane.than the one you come from."  Blackmoore sighed and pointed to the circle in which she was standing.  "See?"

The azure unicorn turned her grayish violet gaze down to the circle still sparking with arcane energy.  She wasn't the best with magic, to be sure, but she couldn't think of another way to describe what had happened.  "I see."  Soon after she'd said that, she lifted a hoof up and pointed it at the boy.  "And who are you?"

"I,"  Will began as he stood himself up again.  The little thing barely reached his knee.  "Am William Blackmoore.  And you?"

"That's a weird name."  Trixie said this without any sort of consideration as to if it would hurt the boy's feelings.  Being asked who she was, however, she was almost insulted.  "Me?  Why, I am the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria!  THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!"  Turns out the fireworks from her stage had been summoned as well, because the dark void cell was suddenly filled with smoke and explosions.  Not the thing Will's newly sensitized eyes needed.

MY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYES!"

Instead of following after that growling Gerald person, Novem spent the next three minutes continuing to eat his food in boredom and in silence. As much as s/he liked the quietness the cafeteria had suddenly adopted, s/he finally picked himself up off the chair and went to the field. Somehow.

S/he wasn't really sure how s/he found it since this was everyone's first time here and all, but hey, magic could do anything. There was probably some sort of explanation somewhere in a world like this. Maybe the school subconsciously implanted the location into everyone's minds, a creepy thought but just as likely as anything else. Or maybe its location was just blatant, and it was only Novem not paying much attention to those kind of things.

What is this guy talking about again?

Upon arriving though, s/he quickly became bored as the Principal...Lexy Simpson, was it?...droned on and on about.....something. It was definitely something, probably something about familiars since that word popped up a lot, but he spoke so fast that it was hard to catch anything. Eventually, Novem found his/her consciousness slipping away, ever so slowly, bordering on everlasting boredom, and found him/herself being woken up by the Principal ten seconds later. Huh. Must've fallen asleep.

"Put your heart and soul into this test. Metaphorically, of course. That is all you need to do to succeed. Literally. And... COMMENCE!"

Having found him/herself now trapped in a dark void, Novem was vaguely bemused. There was also that spell circle directly in front, having already been prepared beforehand by the academy. But, was this guy honestly expected to pour his/her heart and soul into something that didn't seem to require anything? That was impossible, simply impossible. As if to complain about this impossibility, Novem sat down and began to wait for something to happen by itself. Minutes passed.

Reassessing the situation, being locked in darkness and separated from reality, this was actually kind of peaceful. Novem slowly began to doze off, irregardless of the summoning servant test that s/he was supposed to perform.

CRACK.

Novem's eyes suddenly opened up to find that water was pouring into the dark void from the summoning circle. Was that supposed to happen? While s/he didn't panic, it was a little odd. The void was flooding, and it was flooding fast. There was the possibility that the androgynous magician could drown inside of here, but that couldn't possibly happen, could it? Nah, the Principal would've installed safety procedures for sure, to specifically prevent this kind of event from happening...but maybe he was blocked out? Maybe there was some greater force at work here

The sound of a violin.

This beautiful, beautiful music.

I could fall in love with it.

The sound of a violin began to play, and suddenly Novem found -himself no longer worrying about the water. It was just water, after all, wasn't it? It was peaceful water. One could find peace in water, as had many people over the past. When everything else has abandoned you, the sea will never hesitate to embrace you for what you are. The amazing orchestra, unparalleled by anything in this world, continued to play.

And then -he found himself walking towards the summoning circle. -He wasn't supposed to be going there, for some reason -he could no longer remember, but -he felt as if all of life's answers were there. In death. In sacrifice. This music was just so beautiful, so captivating, it was impossible not to listen to. Right then, the circle was slowly being overwritten by a gate with a strange pattern. Something told -him that this wasn't quite supposed to happen, but -he ignored the feeling. There was no way that this could possibly be wrong. All the answers were right there. In the water. In death. Without hesitation, -he held his breath and dived into the gate.

It was no world connected to any reality that this place represented, this world -he had somehow been summoned to instead of the reverse. It had been a normal world, once upon a time, but the being that resided within was a creature that lived separate yet parallel to another realm, joined to it. Perhaps it was the unique mannerisms of this...'reality marble', projected not by magic but by the soul, that allowed -him to be summoned here instead of the other way around. It didn't matter to the creature, however. To it, Novem was but a free meal that had somehow popped out of nowhere.

I'm such an idiot.

I have no reason to live.

Everyone and everything I have ever loved has abandoned me...

"Wait." Within the darkness of the concert hall and loudness of the music, November Camacho snapped out of -his trance and said, "Love? Seriously? Of all things..."

The realm flickered and distorted at his/her words, as if in annoyance. Then a reply came from somewhere in German, but since s/he couldn't understand it, all s/he could do was walk onward on. With thoughts scrambled, an alluring orchestra playing all around, and some monster that feasted on the soul, it was difficult to think about anything. But still, -he had become aware of his surroundings. This was his/her familiar, wasn't it, the one s/he was meant to summon? But that couldn't be right. If it was, why was it trying to kill him/her?

LOOK AT ME!

It came so suddenly, and so sharp, that s/he finally realized s/he was looking at the ground in a trance. Upon looking up, s/he came face-to-face with a mermaid knight monster, many times more massive than any human being. The realm around them resembled a concert hall, with train tracks running along the sky.

Wielding a gigantic sword, ??????? ??? ??????????? looked upon Novem with a manner of remorselessness. And then it began to charge. There was no way something as weak as ice spells could hold it back, and the androgynous magician was barely conscious enough to prepare for it. Without a doubt, this person would die here and serve to become the victim of a monster. Even if s/he was prepared, there was no way to hold back something like this. Whatever this thing was, it was simply too powerful for any mortal being to handle it. Not to mention it had been just so - sudden.

This is it, isn't it...? Despite facing death, it barely registered into the Antarctican's mind.

But just as the blow came, the summoning circle - as if realizing by itself that it had made an error - reappeared above Novem's head and sucked the person in, saving his/her life...well, for a few seconds anyway. S/he then emerged into a fully-flooded dark void, and the water was strangely salty.

Obviously, that wasn't good for the eyes, but it helped to have cries of frustration muffled by the water. Not a single second was wasted for thouht in this moment of panicking. Novem had about twenty seconds left to live before drowning to death. From the outside, it would look as though Novem was floating somehow, but the urgency and the fact that something had gone wrong was also fairly obvious, since s/he had disappeared just a minute ago.

As if things couldn't get any worse, the summoning took Novem's panicked actions while drowning as 'pouring out his heart and soul', and it finally commenced.

What happened earlier wasn't legit; that was more like flipping a coin, wherein the circle was one half, and the gate was the other half. The monster had noticed the summoning ritual and took advantage of it to bring a victim into its own realm, without even knowing the fact itself. It was a complete, chaotic coincidence that was both unexpected and not supposed to happen. Having a summoning circle hijacked was almost impossible. It was equivalent to cutting light before it could reach its destination. Hence, that didn't count.

But this was the real thing, the actual summoning ritual. Having already linked itself to the mermaid knight's world, there was without a doubt that that would be the thing summoned, and free, it would go on rampage and kill as many people to the best of its ability, as an uncontrollable familiar. Indeed, the gate was beginning to form over the summoning circle. Instead of replacing it as earlier, the circle was bringing the gate into this world, effectively connecting two threads together.

With only a few seconds left until losing his/her consciousness, Novem finally accepted fate and stopped struggling in the water, having lost any last convictions to survive. Large bubbles of air escaped out from his/her lungs.

Without conviction, the spell circle's glowing stopped. The gate to ??????? ??? ???????????'s world reacted in a horrible way, beginning to dissolve into nothingness. Due to the botched summoning, the realm was about to be cut off from access by both its origin world and this one. It would be trapped in time and space for all eternity. The flooded dark void blocked this out, but the distorted scream of a witch erupted out. Everything was falling, no, breaking apart. Within the fabrics of its reality, cracks were formed.

CRACK.

CRACK,

CRACK,

CRACK,

CRACK,

CRACK,

CRACK,

CRACK,

SHATTER.

When Novem finally opened his/her eyes again, somewhat surprised that s/he was still alive, s/he found that the water in the dark void had drained by half, although there was still enough to make a deep pond, deep enough to reach up to his/her neck. Breathing sharply and inhaling this beautiful oxygen, Novem slowly but surely began to recover back all that lost energy and return to life, as well as regaining sanity. Sanity was especially precious.

As for the water, it was murky, but surprisingly blue at the same time. It was actually kind of relaxing in a way. Even though s/he had just come face-to-face with an eldritch abomination and nearly drowned, coming close to death two or three times in less than ten minutes, it was just....relaxing.

Up until a mermaid knight with ornate armor resurfaced only five feet away, with a large cutlass in her hands.

"Ah-" Novem began panickedly, quickly taking up parts of the water and freezing it into an icicle to stab the monster.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It screamed in a high-pitched voice, jolting him. S/he hurriedly swam over to the edge of the dark void, and with superior speed, it rushed over to the other end...wait, the other end? "Don't kill me!"

"I'm sorry, 'don't kill me'?" At that, Novem frowned. "You're the one trying to kill me."

"Eh?"

"Mhm."

"Why would I do that?!"

"I don't know. 'Cause you're a monster?"

O?????? ??? ??????????? gasped in shock. "Me? A monster? Why would you think..." It let its cutlass vanish into thin air before reaching for its helmet with both hands, and Novem watched in confusion as it pulled the thing off. After seeing its face, the icicle dropped back into the water as s/he stared in surprise.

"Well."

It was a girl, a young girl who looked about fourteen, with short blue hair and bright eyes to match, very much humanoid. Also, she happened to be much smaller than she was before, as if she'd been sized down to the height of a human, and appeared a lot more humane to add. It was strange. It was just really strange. It was really that strange, stranger than anything. Never before had anything this strange in his/her life ever occur- okay, you get the point.

"Sorry, then." Novem apologized, and then noticed a necklace floating right in front of 'him', a pendant in the shape of a teal heart...

"Yeah yeah, um, can I ask you a question? I really have to know this, because you're cute, but I'm totally straight and wanna stay that way. Really. So are you a boy or a girl?" Letting the helmet float on the water, she swam back over to 'him' and tried to discern 'his' gender as best as she could.

Ignoring her, Novem grabbed the necklace and read its contents to see how this familiar - of course, she had to be a familiar - worked.

Element: Water

Name:

320px-E9-octavia-intro.JPG

What the? Her name wasn't in any recognizable language or code. It was absolutely impossible to read.

"Your name. What's your name?" Novem asked, looking at the necklace with an expression of uncertainty.

"...um..." At the question, she frowned, before closing her eyes as if trying her hardest to remember it. "I'm sure it's in there somewhere, wait..." Finally, it came to her, and she grinned happily. "Ah! I know, it's Oktavia von Seckendorff! Nice to meet you...uhm?"

"November."

"Great! I guess you're my master now, right, November-san? It's a little weird being a familiar, but hey, I'm sure we'll have lots of fun together!"

I will die, thought Novem solemnly. Without a doubt, I will definitely die.

Suddenly, a female school uniform dropped out from above. Oktavia launched herself into the air, revealing the beauty of her mermaid-like tail, and managed to catch it with amazing reflexes, before diving back in. With total disregard to it getting absolutely soaked, she dragged it in with her just as a huge splash soaked Novem's hair (the one thing s/he was trying not to get wet), before starting to change her clothes in privacy.

It would be nice if a second one appeared. The androgyny also needed a change of clothes too, you know.

No, before then, what Novem needed was a drain. The water itself was fine and the void seemed to be pretty comfortable, but with somebody else around, it was just outright disturbing.

"Now where's my universal- anyways, I am currently unable to listen to your friend. However, I can sense that your bond is... rocky in a sense. The reason why you are not present in this test is because your friend is already your familiar... However, one thing is missing..."

With a snap of his fingers, a pendant appeared around Stark's neck. "There. Now don't worry whether this is 'unfair' to the rest. There will be more tests that matter more. In the end, it isn't the beginning that matters the most, it is the story as a whole."

The Principal then looked at his created dark void. "Well, I smell passes. Hundred percent passes. Literally. Now..."

With another clap, the Dark Void was dispelled. All the students found themselves on the field once more, along with their new familiars.

There were familiars of all shapes and sizes. Apparently some of the students looked a little messy from the test. Well... this didn't happen during beta testing... the Principal thought.

"On another note, you notice a few new things," the Principal told the students, "your new familiars are of numerous different shapes, sizes, personalities and powers. But always appreciate them, they always have potential. The pendants on your neck, they are your Resting Stones. Where your familiar goes when he or she is injured, or dies, to be revived or healed. And the uniforms, yes, they belong to your familiar. We only have them in humanoid shapes."

"Well, you used to wearing clothes, Crow?" Xishun questioned her new familiar.
"Wha- what are you saying? Of course I am!" the metal bird replied, sounding flustered. He didn't look flustered, for he lacked a face.

"As I was saying, your Resting Stones will also show the number of your dormitary rooms, as well as the name and element of your familiar via holograms. Each room will host you and your familiar. Take some rest in your new dormitaries, and report to the classes shown through your resting stones after an hour. Thank you..."

With that, the principal began to morph into a blue lightning-based avian being, prior to taking off with a small-scale sonicboom.

"This man is obsessed with sonicbooms," Gerald sighed. "Let's go, MISAKA."

With that, everyone headed to their dormitaries... The lightning trail that the principal left was headed for the dormitaries.

~~~

"Oh, this is pretty nice," Xishun smiled. The first thing she noted was the two identical beds. She landed on one of them, almost falling asleep.

"Ah, sweet comfort... huh?"

She noted that the luggage she had previously packed was all in the room.

"Unpacking, huh? They can do all that stuff, but they can't even unpack for us..."

"Maybe they're just respecting the privacy of others, that's all-"

Silver Crow's words were interrupted by Xishun's glare. The metal birdman cowered in fear, despite being a winged metal combatant facing a brutal girl.

"Put on your clothes," Xishun looked away. Why yes, the crow lacked clothes. Being a robot, he had no need for clothes. He put them on anyways.

The bird looked at the mirror nearby. "N... not bad..." he sounded stunned. He then looked around. A computer, a door that lead to the bathroom, and a closet. He noted Xishun beginning to unpack in an unskilled manner.

"Here, let me help you," the crow spoke. Lacking a face, he showed no signs of glee.

"..........my......clothes..."

Even though November was still wet and the Principal had so obviously noticed this, he had chosen to ignore the poor student. How cruel. Novem would have to with drying the clothes until they were fit to wear again...and it wasn't just him/her. Having hit the floor hard after all the water drained away, Oktavia looked to be pretty annoyed. She had already changed into the school uniform, but it was soaking wet to the core. If the material had been any less thick, her clothes would've been so transparent that it'd look as if she was wearing nothing - but luckily, that impression wasn't given. Being a mermaid though, she couldn't get up. She was kind of hopeless helpless down there.

"Uh... November-san? A little help down here?" The mermaid asked nicely, wanting to be carried by Novem.

With a sigh, the androgyny held out the Resting Stone pendant to Oktavia.

"Wait, that wasn't what I-"

And disappeared into it.

Silently pondering about the triple-almost-near-death-experiences that had happened only minutes before and lamenting the having to walk in wet clothes, Novem made his/her way towards the dormitories with a bored look and squishy footsteps. If this was how life was going to be like here at X-Over Academy, s/he probably should've just stayed in Antarctica.

A small uniform appeared in Ace's hands, one he obviously was suppose to give to the hedgehog. As motioned the hedgehog to grab it, Sonic just looked away.

"I had a feeling you wouldn't take it," Ace sighed. Just then, his dark void cell dissappeared. He looked around to see that all the other students now had a familiar beside them. Some were small, like Sonic, and others were huge. They ranged from mythological creatures to giant robots to other humans. Ace then turned to see the principal standing in front of all the students.

"On another note, you notice a few new things," the Principal told the students, "your new familiars are of numerous different shapes, sizes, personalities and powers. But always appreciate them, they always have potential. The pendants on your neck, they are your Resting Stones. Where your familiar goes when he or she is injured, or dies, to be revived or healed. And the uniforms, yes, they belong to your familiar. We only have them in humanoid shapes."

"As I was saying, your Resting Stones will also show the number of your dormitary rooms, as well as the name and element of your familiar via holograms. Each room will host you and your familiar. Take some rest in your new dormitaries, and report to the classes shown through your resting stones after an hour. Thank you..."

Ace simply raised his brow. He then took a moment to turn and look at Sonic, who was satring right back at him.

"You know what this would be a perfect oppurtunity for?" Ace asked.

"You eating my dust?" Sonic replied.

"Yea like that would ever happen, but yea, a race."

Sonic smirked and nodded, as both Ace and him prepared to see who was really the fastest between the two.

"1..." Sonic started the count.

"2..." And Ace followed.

"3!" They both yelled out in unison. Though it didnt take Sonic even three seconds to get to the dorms, it took Ace over 15. Once Ace arrived, Sonic looked pretty dissapointed.

"I thought you said you were fast," he said, frowning.

"It isn't (pant) humanly possible (pant) to go as fast as you just did!" Ace replied, struggling to catch his breath.

"Well don't worry! When i'm done with you you may be able to go half as fast as I can!"

Now it was Ace's turn to frown. "The talking blue hedgehog is incredibly cocky," he thought.

Checking his pendant, he was pleased to find out that his dorm room was on the first floor. Motioning Sonic to follow, he walked to the ninth room of the first floor, and opened the door. Inside was a simple dorm room with two beds, a bathroom, a closet, and a computer. He also noticed his single suitcase was lying next to one of the beds. He decided that the first thing he would do was take a shower. He hadn't seen an actaul shower in over two years. He would always bathe in small bodies of water.

"Yo Sonic, get some rest, I'm going to take a well-deserved shower,"

"Alright! Hey wait, you never introduced yourself," Sonic said.

Just before closing the bathroom door, Ace looked at Sonic and smiled before saying, "The name is Ace Exceed,"

Groaning, Frey woke up to the spectacle before him. Asura, the strange being wrapped in cloth bandages was standing before him. However, his appearance was now vastly different, with a healthier shade for his skin, as well as the cloth tentacle things having been retracted. The wrappings around his head had unwounded to reveal a face one might be able to call handsome, if not perhaps for the madness still visible in his eyes. His hair was a complete pitch-black shade, except for white streaks pointing up and some pointing down, creating the illusion of multiple eyes for hair. His actual eyes themselves were a dark red, with another vertical eye with a black center for its iris. A third eye laid vertically in the center of his forehead, with a completely red iris. The mouth contorted in a disturbing smile, the figure waited silently. Scrambling up, Frey gasped in pain as multiple cuts stung at him intensely.

As he looked around, the walls were still up, creating a gloomy atmosphere, until they abruptly vanished, letting in a painfully bright light. Wincing, Frey looked over to Asura, who seemed to not be in the slightest irritated. As he listened to the following words from the principal, he realized this was his familiar. [i]"What kind of f***ing familiar tries to kill its summoner? Sheesh."[/i] When he listened to how it was stated to appreciate them and their potential, he snorted. [i]"Yup, I saw plenty of that potential being used trying to kill me."[/i] As Frey heard about the Resting Stones, he once more looked at the pendant around him in a new light. The same triple eye pattern was inscribed on the other side of the dark pendant, with words that seemed to be inscribed out of blood stating Asura's name and his element on the other. When he realized there was a hole in what the Principal had said, Frey cocked his ear. [i]"Well, what about our uniforms?"[/i]

The second the Principal said that it would show where his dormitory was, as well as his classes, he lifted the pendant up curiously, but wasn't sure how to get that to happen. After he rubbed the pendant, a piercing light shone directly into his eyes. Yelling, Frey dropped it, the pendant thudding back against his neck. Lifting it carefully, he saw it glow with the words "05-005". Sighing, Frey realized it would be probably be a long walk.

Rolling his eyes at the rather dramatic exit the principal left, he followed it and carefully made his way to his room. As he walked up, he realized his room was next to the androgynous boy as well as Xishun. [i]"Knowing my luck and her attitude, Xishun's going to end up blowing my room apart or set it on fire."[/i] Looking into his room, he saw two beds, a bathroom to the side, a table with a computer folded on top, what appeared to be a partially opened closet with uniforms, cords and the like, and a window at the far end, looking out on a field of grass. Turning around to close the door, he shouted in fright when Asura was looming just a hair's length behind him. Taking several deep breaths, he managed to soothe his jumping heart, and deciding some things, he pointed the pendant at Asura, who tried to dodge away, but eventually got sucked into it after a struggle. The three eyes glowing with a faint light, Frey laid down on a bed. "This day was too hectic for me. Besides, what, are the classes going to be like 'Alchemy I' or something?" Speaking out loud helped Frey relax. Not wanting to be with Asura, as the being was just too creepy and violent, Frey pushed both beds together with a bit of a struggle, realizing that Asura's bed wouldn't be needed.

Sitting back up, Frey got to work tidying some of the things up to his own tastes. After everything was just the way he liked it, the study table a few feet in front of the bed, all the cords neatly plugged in and tucked away, and the windows open to let in some fresh air, he went to retrieve a uniform. Going into the bathroom to shower and soothe his tired body, as well as reflect on the events that happened so far, Frey groaned when he realized that barely a few hours had passed, even if it felt like an eternity to him. After he was done, he dried off, putting his earphones back on and drying the pendant - which Frey hadn't taken off when he showered. Sliding into the uniform, Frey realized it was pretty nice, and not like some kind of completely ridiculous uniform, as well as not being uncomfortable. [i]"Eh, who knows? I don't mind this uniform that much."[/i] When he realized he had some free time left, Frey walked over to the computer, and considered whether he could hack into this, but realized the protection levels would probably be high, he was mildly tired, and it would take a pretty long time as well as effort, not to mention the ways to try to get around it in the first place. Wondering if there was anything worth hacking anyway, Frey decided to save that for a later time, and instead wandered onto TouYube and took a look and some music videos. When he was done with that, he took a look at an occasional Onnying Arange video, with some cat videos mixed in, waiting to pass the time.

Stark found it funny how the principal described the relationship he and Umbra had.

"Rocky is a funny way to put it."

In truth, the relationship between Stark and Umbra was negatively mutual; they depended on each other. Stark was only able to summon forth Umbra during that event from sheer bad luck. Though some would consider it a blessing of sorts, Stark considered it a curse more or less. Upon being summoned, Stark assumes that Umbra killed everyone in the area and took their souls. Stark needed Umbra for power to protect people, at an astonishingly twisted cost, while Umbra needs Stark for it's own goal that was never mentioned to Stark.

When the pendant appeared, Stark assumed it was this Resting Stone that the principal was talking about. It was a red gem ringed with a black mineral substance; on the red gem was a symbol that seemed to relate to the symbols. Umbra gave a hint as to what it was called.

"The Oht, a common symbol representing the College of Conjuration on Nirn. That's all I'll say for now. In due time, with patience and obedience, I'll inform you of what you want."

Although Stark couldn't quite grasp it, but he suppose it didn't matter to him just yet. In all truth, at the moment, all he cared about was getting to his dorm, get a bit rested up. Though, admittedly, he found it absurdly funny if Umbra was given clothes to begin with. But he looked at the Resting Stone, and back at Umbra, who was still in the hand of Stark. The Resting Stone didn't really give much info on Umbra that wasn't already presently known. Though he did question the Element that was stated as Unknown.

"Dear boy, the powers I possess proceed any classification such as elements. To be classified by such things is absurd. Do keep that in mind. Now. I suggest you make haste to your quarters. Now."

Umbra was right, Stark didn't have much time, he had to be in class in an hour. However, that doesn't mean he couldn't take his time getting to the dorms. In the mean time while walking to his room, Stark tried to use the Resting Stone to store Umbra, but to no avail. For one thing, he didn't know how to use the Resting Stone, and there was the matter about Umbra's disapproval of it. While trying to get both the amulet and Umbra together, the sword only kept moving itself away while still in Stark's hand, giving a few minor twitches.

"I may despise that dusty cloth for a sheath, but I will not be imprisoned in that Soul Gem!"

"Soul Gem?"

"Enough of this! I will speak no more about this, and you are to cease further advances of imprisonment of me in that damnable thing."

"Well it's not like I know how to use it."

"Good. You should not learn how to regardless."

"Typical sword. You never tell me enough of what I want to know when you mention anything!"

--

Within due time, Stark and Umbra made to their dorm room, 10-050, which appeared to be one of the middle rooms of the top floor. Stark was thankful they took the elevator instead of the stairs, but to no difference for Umbra, who would casually insult Stark for his human qualities.

Entering the dorm room, Stark saw that there were two beds, apparently a standard staple in the dorms. Well, apparently, since it was originally for a humanoid familiar, instead of a sword, Stark decided it would be fair to place the two beds together. He also figured that it would be fairly adequate to rearrange the room to his liking, since it was his room for the time being. Umbra apparently had no quarrels about it, since it did not affect it in any manner. Setting down his guitar case by the closed and now locked door, Stark started to get to work on his room.

"I'm impressed, you managed to change the room within a few minutes."

"I occasionally change my room every now and then, just because I like change."

--

Because apparently Umbra neither likes the dusty cloth sheath nor the Resting Stone, it was difficult figuring out what Stark could do. As he pondered while sitting in the chair in a backwards fashion, leaning towards the sword that was against the bed, he questioned Umbra for ideas, but to no avail, Umbra would not shed an idea. He didn't want to keep Umbra inside the guitar case, but Umbra didn't want to be inside the stone and old cloths. He looked over to the beds and asked if it would be acceptable for Umbra to be sheathed inside the bed sheets.

"Disgusting. Demeaning. Even if these sheets are clean. I'd rather be stored in that case of yours with that instrument!"

"Well, you're not giving me much choice on the matter..."

"You're not offering any noteworthy ideas."

The two quarreled a bit longer, but Stark thought about there being a place where we can buy such items. Kinda like in a city or whatever.

"So, next time we get the chance, should we head there? Get you a worthy sheath since you're too nitpicky about it?"

"Such is acceptable. And next time you touch me, I'll make sure you'll regret saying that."

"Apparently I regret saying a lot of things about you."

Looking around inside the room, Stark began to think several things were out of place. He needed bigger sheets, since the two beds were now together, he had no curtains for the windows, the chair wasn't so comfortable, though bearable, and other little details that would affect the way he lived. Perhaps a sword stand would be appropriate for Umbra, since that's probably the best thing for such an egotistical spirit.

"So... this is it MISAKA."
Room 05-008. Not bad.

The duo entered the room. "So, MISAKA, if you are the 10063rd, are there any other of your relatives found here?"

""Affirmative. At least two other Sisters have been confirmed to be present on the school grounds," MISAKA assures," MISAKA assures.

"Well MISAKA, get changed and the day can commence..." Gerald handed the girl her uniform.

"Understood," MISAKA was about to remove her clothes when Gerald halted her actions. "In the bathroom, in the bathroom!"

A few minutes latet

"What's taking the girl so long? Well, better check..."

With that, Gerald opened the door. It wasn't locked. Instead of asking 'why didn't you just lock the door', he began to blush at the sight of a completely bare MISAKA.

"Yo- you're a guy? You said you were one of the 'Sisters'!"

""Affirmative. However, MISAKA is the only male Sister present," MISAKA explains while smiling seductively," MISAKA explains while smiling seductively, walking towards Gerald.

"Too soon! Too soon! Are you less than five? Where did you learn all this?"

""MISAKA is between 1 to 2 years. She has been supplied with hormones in order to acquire the appearance of the Original. Through the MISAKA Network, MISAKA has been able to acquire the knowledge, memories and experiences of all other Sisters. MISAKA 10032 was the one who had learnt this via reading Shoujo Manga," MISAKA explains," MISAKA explains.

"What? Shoujo Manga had that? I have no idea anymore..."

Gerald then heard a noise just outside his door, someone attempting to break it down.

"Hey? What's the big idea?"

"Calm down, Xishun, isn't it wiser to check whether the door is locked first?" another, masculine-feminine voice spoke.

"SHIT UP! I KNOW THAT!"

Oh crap. Gerald forgot to lock the door. With a single open, a lass and an overgrown humanoid metal bird trespassed.

"I see..." the girl was raging, while the bird covered his supposed eyes with his metal claws.

As MISAKA put on his/her clothes, s/he blocked the girl and bird from her new master. "Halt."

With that, MISAKA's fists sparked with lightning. "Oh I see," the girl, Xishun smirked. "Well, COME GET ME!"

Xishun released a fist while MISAKA proceeded with a bare-handed block, releasing a low current that managed to push Xishun back right at her familiar, Silver Crow, shocking him too.

"Oh, I see..." Xishun smiled before summoning Shenlong once again...

Archived