Midnight Magic ~ Under Thief's Guise [IC / S / A]

Super Chaos Sonic

"You've never met me in person, nor do I expect you to know my name. All you need know is that you're not my original target. Having said that though, on this day, you've shamed the name of magic, as well as come between me and my prey. If you leave now, that'll be the end of it. However if you persist, I'm afraid I'll have to stain the stage with your blood, Crimson Symphony."

Scarlet Symphony simply smirked, as he removed the fake Kaitou Kid attire, revealing his crimson red suit and Phantom of the Opera mask he wore upon his face. "Not entertaining for you, sir? I'm surprised your not affected by the melodious sounds of my Rhapsody Spell. No matter...I want something more than those wretched pearls. What I inquire...is this audience's voices!" He smirked as he twirled the baton in his hand, waving it around a few times. "You see...at the end of my Rhapsody Spell, the voices and those caught in it...will lose their voices completely. They all come to me...increasing my power!"

The Scarlet Symphony grinned and laughed a bit, as he faced the audience once more. "Sing once more with me...our strange duet! My power over yours grows stronger, yet!" he started.

Suddenly, the spotlight shifted from Scarlet...to someone else on the stage...and it wasn't Shadow Fox.

"Quoting Phantom of the Opera...quite the bold move, Mr. Symphony...as it seems you have no musical bone in your body."

Kaitou Kid Arrives

Kaitou Kid stood on the stage, as he took his bow, as he fixed his gaze upon Shadow Fox and Scarlet Symphony. He smirked, knowing that right now his decoy was there in the audience, so if someone tried to look for Kaito...they'd find the decoy sleeping. "Now...I'll have to ask that you end the concerto, maestro." he said, as he reached for his Card Gun, glancing over at Shadow Fox as well. "And that you please return the pearls to her."

"At last, the Phantom Thief arrives!" Scarlet Symphony smiled, as he clasped his hands. He pointed his baton towards Kaitou Kid, shooting three musical notes at him, of which they were met with three playing cards. "You don't like the fact that I brought you an audience?~" he began to speak, as his voice began to hit the exact notes that the music now surrounding the area brought forth.

"I make my own audiences." Kaitou Kid smirked, as he looked at Shadow Fox...he also knew a few more Magician Thieves were around... "I propose a short truce, Kitsune..." he said, looking at Shadow Fox. "You and the others that came to find me here tonight. We defeat Symphony together...then live to fight another heist."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cloaked magician froze as he suddenly encountered Heretic, and he mentally shoved the Rhapsody Spell out of his mind while preparing different forms of defense against the man - one he'd marked amongst every potential candidate in the city as highly dangerous and his single greatest threat. The way he addressed a Magician Thief so lightly would've been baffling to an ordinary person, but now wasn't the time to think about that. His proposal would almost certainly help lighten things, and in fact, this was more advantageous for Lion than it was for him. It didn't make much sense, be that as it may, and he wasn't about to let his guard down no matter what.

"Very well. I shall accept your offer." He stated in a deep monotone, but quiet enough so that the audience and any potential thieves around them wouldn't hear it.

As Lion stepped besides the much larger man, he listened as the apparently real Kaitou Kid showed up and confronted Scarlet Symphony on the nearby stage, whom had revealed his true intentions. It was certainly worrisome in a way, as hundreds of people would become mute...but that wasn't his business. His Body Barrier should be able to prevent his voice

No, rather, what was strange was that this great magician really believed that Shadow Fox had succeeded in stealing the necklace. It was only natural, since the tendrils weren't very easy to see, let alone intercept, but still a disappointing mistake for someone who was third on his list of most dangerous opponents, Heretic and Shadow Fox being the first two of course. Another thing that appeared ridiculous was that he actually expected everyone to work together.

"If you wish to have this, take it. Think of it as payment. It is useless to me." The Magician's Lion said all of a sudden, holding the pearl necklace up to Heretic in disinterest.

It seemed that he was much more interested in reaching the source of the darkness, and having a pointless piece of jewelry on him would only be distracting. If Shadow Fox moved from his position, things would be troublesome. It wasn't easy to figure out the location of his real body, after all.

[i]That was random... and annoying...[/i] Shadow Fox thought as the deceptively greedy usher not only snatched away the pearls, but also stopped his tendril. That was, however, the usher's first mistake. [i]Alright... it'd take somebody with Magic to to be able to stop that, so counting Kid when he arrives, that makes four Magician Thieves so far. I doubt that that's all of them too... Might not be safe for me to stay in the building much longer. More importantly, what to do with the Imitation...[/i] While obviously a useful skill, the Shadow Imitations had a major drawback, in that it divided the users magic powers among each one he deployed as well as himself; meaning that Shadow Fox and his Imitations were only capable of using a third of their max power.

While this was still considerably large, and more likely enough to handle most of the new arrivals, he didn't like being limited, nor did he like deploying yet another Imitation and cutting his power down even more. What was worse, is that he'd made the choice to leaving his hiding from the pool of shadows that was his Morphing Shades and rely totally on stealth. It was enough to fool the police department, but if that Thief was smart, he'd be looking for him. [i]Guess I don't have much choice...[/i] Shadow Fox thought as he sank into what appeared to be a puddle of darkness. Once he had been completely submerged, the Shade slid up along the wall of the booth and into a ventilation shaft.

Now that his real body had been moved, the Imitation on the chandelier's Shade vanished, only to reappear on in the hall outside his booth. [i]If I give a good enough illusion that this is my real body, it'll at least stall them long enough for me to deal with Symphony and get rid of the Imitation on stage. Once I do, my power will grow again. Even better, there's no light in that hall. Meaning if that usher does know about my Imitations weakness, he won't see that this is a fake till it's too late.[/i] All he needed to do was time it right. Time everything right and predict his opponents moves, and he'd come out on top. Possibly with one of the Aces.

Meanwhile, the Shadow Fox on stage was slowly developing an anurism over Symphony. Of course, it was a little obvious that his real target wasn't going to be the pearls, since... well as Magician Thieves, taking pearls would be useless Even so, stealing the audiences voices? Admittedly if he could pull it off he'd become one of the greatest Thieves in history, but it just seemed silly to Shadow Fox.

"So in short, your pretty much playing the villain from 'The Little Mermaid'. Cute. Are you gonna sing 'Under the Sea' for me next?" Fox taunted. No sooner than he did, than he heard the intoxicatingly [url=http://youtu.be/BpqdexBnNkM]catchy Caribbean drum beat[/url] that started the song up in the back of his head. [i]Oh for the love of... am I really going to end up fighting to this stupid frigging song? Yosuke, when this is over, I'm kicking you in the balls...[/i]

As Yosuke was looking for a cup to defend against Shadow Fox's threat, the [b]real[/b] Kaitou Kid finally made his appearance. "About time you showed up." Shadow Fox said, not taking his eyes off of Symphony.

"I make my own audiences."

"I propose a short truce, Kitsune... You and the others that came to find me here tonight. We defeat Symphony together...then live to fight another heist."

"Not just him, but all Magician's, scratch that, all performers, make their own audience. The fact that you resorted to stealing one, whether it's to power yourself up or not, is merely a testament to your own lack of skill and confidence." Fox said as he readied himself to attack. "Admittedly, your plan of using Kaitou's reputation to draw in an audience was clever, up until you factor in one rather important detail: How many other Magician Thieves do you think showed up? It can't just be us three. Not to mention that with that threat you made, you've most likely made yourself the second biggest target here."

"As for the truce..." Shadow Fox began. Two things remained an issue. One, he needed to obtain the Ace. In all honestly, now that there would be more confusion, attacking Kid for it now would be the smartest option, and he'd have the highest success rate now. On the other hand, Symphony was really pissing him off, and Kaitou seemed like a more reliable partner for the moment. "Follow my lead. Let's get this duet started!" Then Shadow Fox placed his hand on the ground, sending a series of shadow spikes rushing towards Symphony.

• 2 weeks later...

"A duet...an interesting choice of words for a pun, Kitsune." Kaitou Kid smirked, as he followed Shadow Fox's lead, firing off a few of his Aero Bullets from his Card Gun.

Scarlet Symphony sighed slightly, as he snapped his fingers, as musical notes began to surround him, as if it was a barrier. "I suppose it has come for Act 2! Let the show commence!" he said, as he raised his wand/baton, as the barrier of notes began to faintly play music as they were then sent straight towards both Shadow Fox and Kaitou Kid.

MM10 IST No. 7 ~ Solar Inferno

As note arrived near their specified targets, they began to explode on impact, as the music in the air kept floating around the air. Kaitou Kid immediately used his Aero Barrier, which protected him on a few of the blasts, but he needed to move...and soon!

Wait...if I fight the music's timing...that's whats going on! Kid thought, as a smirk appeared on his face, as the music rang in his ear. He felt the beats getting faster...now he knew Symphony's weak-point. The fast beats arrived, and to everyone's surprise, Kaitou began to dodge the notes with ease, as he even began to swerve around, to Symphony's side.

I-Impossible! How is he doing this?! Before when used this on him on my first theft...he couldn't dodge a single one! How is it...? Symphony thought, his face getting even serious, as the beats got even faster.

Kaitou kept dodging them as he shot a few more Aero Bullets at Symphony, before arriving beside Shadow Fox. "A nice warm up, maestro. However, I believe its time or you to end this charade." he said, as he placed his Card Gun away. "Kitsune...listen to me. There is a way to dodge his attempts at attacks. You have to listen to the music...and let it flow through you. If you fight it...it will trap you." he whispered to Shadow Fox, tipping his fedora.

"Act 3...the finale...AND YOUR CURTAIN CALL, PHANTOM THIEF!" Scarlet Symphony declared, as he raised his wand/baton once more, preparing for his next concerto.

Archived