Midnight Magic ~ Under Thief's Guise [IC / S / A]

Super Chaos Sonic

"That we do, Lonesome Rose." Kaitou Kid nodded, as he opened the door a crack, looking around. No one was around, be he did happen to notice Hinoemma, now carrying two diamonds. And lo and behold...she was with Heretic, there was a surprise. "My friend, it seems we have a damsel in distress right now. To be more specific, the lady magician is being attacked by Heretic. Originally I was going to have us split up and get the two diamonds, but however, she possesses both...so we'll help her, and while that is happening, I take the diamonds. ...Mainly cause...someone sent me an eerie message. And if they're here tonight...I'm going to confront them once I get the diamonds." He looked at the Lonesome Rose and smirked a bit. "Well, do we have a truce, Lone?"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Two masterful flavors combine to form a most delectable dish." Takeshi smiled, the mask across his upper face rising slightly as he did so. Of course the smile was a fake one. Teaming up with the infamous Phantom Thief was not something he would enjoy. The Emerald Spade all the while taunting him. Nevertheless, it was necessary. "Shall we entertain our friend?" Peeking out of the closet, Takeshi studied the situation. Heretic was still in the stairwell and he could just spot the crimson hair of Hinoemma farther up, hiding on the roof. She was no doubt a formidable enemy, and the fact that she had two diamonds was a problem. Of course, it saved them from having to go look for the diamond. 

Bringing his sword so that it would be ready for conflict, Takeshi leapt out of the closet. Sword held high for any stray lightning bolts, a brilliant blast of orange light erupted from its hilt, hopefully blinding Heretic. "If we are going to attack, now is the time." Two fireballs appeared at Takeshi's side. Thrusting his sword toward the hulking figure, Takeshi ordered the two green fireballs to rocket toward him. In such an enclosed space he wouldn't be able to make full use of his fire abilities and thus the will-o-wisps would have to do. 

Heretic had finally snapped. His patience had finally broken. He had finally became irrevocably berserked. 

Gazing into his hand, his veins very tense and visible from his skin, a face furious, absolutely burning with hatred, he scowled and spat out when Kaito and Takeshi had fled into the darkness of the smokescreen. "Y-y-you m-maggots! You continue to run!? You continue to flee and treat your opponent with such disrespect and cowardice!?" His voice booming through the hallway, his eyes were fixed down the hallway, unaware of the little companion upon the stairs. "You filth! How dare you run away from me!? I am the incarnate being of God's Wrath!! COME BACK AND ANSWER M-!!!"

Heretic hadn't even heard Lion, but as soon as he lobbed that Diamond to his head, his eyes thinned, face tensing, veins popping up all over the monster's face. Growling with sheer, unbridled frustration, he soon came to a quiet stop. Promptly, the silence was killed by a laughter, a laughter of a madman as he began to slowly degrade and decay into insanity with each and every humiliating blow.

"Th-this is all a big joke to you, isn't it?" Heretic spoke softly, to no-one if not the world. "You don't see me as a threat, no...no, no...I am just a simple, big, fat joke you disgusting neophytes belittle at each and every step." His voice trembling, a last straw snapped, followed by yet another sick laughter. "Two can play at your games."

Takeshi's attack met the Heretic's thin restraint. Thrashing his cloak to absorb many, if not all his flaming attacks, he punched his hand deep into the light switch socket, tearing out with him wires of all colours. He was clearly, absolutely pissed off. A sadistic smile, he looked to Takeshi, before thrusting his fist back into the mains of the building. Takeshi had done his homework, that as obvious - he was feeding off of the Hotel's electricity, and this electricity came from a number of generators, which had plenty of food for the psychopath.

Just like that, darkness enveloped the Hotel. Heretic's antics powering off the Hotel had given a thick shroud of darkness to veil the wicked Exarch. Yet, in the shadows, he had fed, but to no avail other than to vanish from the thieves. He had hidden himself for now, a retreat.

Kaitou Kid took out his Card Gun, prepared to use it, but then noticed Heretic beginning to drain the power from the hotel, now bringing it into complete darkness. Clever move...no wonder you gave dad a run for his money. he thought, as he then pressed a small button on his monocle, as he activated the night vision function. There he saw Hinoemma, just completely unaware...and then. "Thank you for these two diamonds, my lady~" Kaitou Kid's voice was heard, as he took both diamonds in his hands, moving them into his pockets, as he place a lone rose in her hand. "Perhaps we can work again, Lonesome."

And with that...Kaitou Kid was gone...

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Two diamonds? So...which one is the fake?" Kaitou Kid asked himself as he looked at both of them. He put them back in his pocket and was about to glide back home, when a bullet was shot right by his foot. "W-Wha!?"

"Heh, seems you didn't heed my warning." Oni said, as he pointed the gun at Kid, having Jirou and a few other guys behind him. "Now give us the diamond, Kaitou Kid. No...Renji Asano!"

Kaitou Kid had a slight shocked expression on his face as Oni said this. T-They know my dad was Kaitou Kid...? he thought, as he clenched his fists a bit. Now it makes sense. These guys...they were the source of my father's death!! Kaitou Kid thought as he gritted his teeth.

"I won't say it again, Renji! Now hand over Amon's Diamond!!" Oni said, pointing the gun at Kid once more.

"Fine, but what use do you have of it?" Kaitou Kid said, as he took the diamond out of his pocket, but then...

BANG!!

Oni had pulled the trigger, and Kaitou Kid was shot. He dropped the diamond on the roof, as his lifeless body fell off the Hotel's roof. "Heh, should've stayed retired, Asano." Oni said, taking the diamond himself.

"Such a pity..."

A bolt of lightning struck Oni's gun, sending it flying and then, later, into the abyss that was the back-streets of the cities. Disappearing into the darkness of the night. Jirou took out his own gun to retaliate, only for it to plunge back into the black of the night.

Heretic smirked as he gazed over to Oni, Jirou, and their men. Two of the thugs drew out their guns at that instant, only to feel their hands recoil from the bolts of lightning Heretic had scold their weapons. The unnerving presence of this other Magician Thief was prominent, forceful upon the men. His eyes struck fear into the thugs who had just seemingly murdered the Kaito Kid.

"It is such a pity, that the Kaito Kid, Renji Asano I overheard, died here today." Heretic spoke, his body radiating electricity and vicious, ruthless amounts of energy that once fuelled the entirety of the hotel.

"What are you idiots waiting for?" Oni barked. "Shoot him! Now!"

The men, again, drew guns, only to meet the very same fate as their allies. The weapons promptly flying from the flinching grasps, the recoils sending them far from reach, all that stood now was Heretic and these enemies. "Kaito Kid was for me to bring to justice." Heretic softly spoke, a wicked, nothing short of evil smirk in his dark eyes. It was at this point when Oni ordered his thugs to charge and attack Heretic. This was the time when Heretic demonstrated the viciousness of his melee abilities in close quarters. As the first thug went for a hook shot, Heretic easily dodged due to the thunderous energy within him, before drawing a sharp punch to his gut. "For it is I that was promised by God to bring his wrath on those who had betrayed him." As said thug curled over, a sharp boot axed down from above his head, drawing him into the roof top's tiles with blood from the receiving end.

The second and third attempted to gang up on him, the others stayed back in fear. Said thugs met a powerful forearm smash, launching both to either side of Heretic. This finished with a paralysing Thunder Bolt, watching them jerk about. "However, indeed, Murder is the greatest crime against God. I am the Martyr, thus my deeds. But now it is time I brought down justice on you..." Heretic then followed this by bringing a wicked grin to the floor. "...and every other sinner in this building to God himself, for their judgement."

Promptly, Heretic's arm began to yield its thundering aura. He was drawing out his Black Lightning.

Heretic would charge this powerful attack, and while Oni and Jirou managed to escape him, he would ensure that the other thugs were stuck on the roof with him, having broken legs to ensure their deaths. Over the course of the attack's charging, the sky would gradually begin to cloud and darken, as if God himself was yielding the thunder towards Heretic. After 7 minutes, the sky would then light up with lightning, all of which was relatively close to the hotel. Eventually, however, after 15 minutes, the building would meet its demise - Heretic would be struck by lightning itself, fulling charging his attack, following such he leaped airborne and threw the Black Lightning Thunder Bolt straight for the ground, the lightning causing the entirety of the building to lose power, the thunderous might easily destroying the steel foundations of the building, exploding gas canister after canister.

Yet, after this, Heretic would not be seen. Nor would the thugs. Who knew who else had perished?

Only having 10 seconds left for her invisibility, didn't get very far before she had to hide again. She didn't need to have any run-ins with the police. A few of them ran pass her hiding spot, and once the close was clear she was about to run. But something caught her eye. It was one of the windows. The sky was starting to turn dark and there was an electric charge in the air that was getting stronger and stronger. The hair on her arms was on rise, and she felt goosebumps travel up her neck. She wondered what was going on, and that's when it hit her. It was Heretic. He had lightening abilities, and from how it looked outside he was charging up some big attack. For who, she didn't know, but it was gonna hit this hotel. "Just what is he thinking? Everyone is still inside." There were more cops coming and she quickly hid. Did they knew what was about to happen?

"K, can you hear me?" Mirage waited a bit.

"You're coming in loud and clear. Where are you? I thought you'd be on your way back."

"There's been a slight change in plans. Looks like Heretic is about to do something big. He's charging some type of huge lightening attack and it's gonna hit the hotel. Hack into the police radio wave and alert them if they don't already know."

"What about you?"

"I'm gonna try and do what I can to get people out. That fight with Lion put a toll on me, but I think I can manage a little rescue mission."

"Got it, but be careful. See you soon Mirage."

She nodded even though K couldn't see it. Mirage didn't know how much time she had, but from how the charge in the air was steadily increasing she didn't have much time. She did what she could, helping the police evacuate the building, who by now would have gotten K's message, all the while staying out of view from the actual police so she wouldn't get caught. Mirage stayed as long as she could before the need to escape from the building herself was at it's last second. She watched from the safety of another building as Heretic's attack hit the building. "Well I guess that's it then. Another failed mission, but at least I found out one of the Magician thief's identity." Without another look she made her way back home.

Hinoemma screamed about, ranting and raving about the damned Kaitou Kid and his little tricks. She had had enough of his silly little ploys. Drawing a kunai she prepared to end his little crime spree for good. That was when the bullet beat her to the punch. Kaitou Kid fell from the roof and Azami was lost in a sea of emotions. Happy that the damned Phantom Thief was gone. Pissed that he had stolen her diamonds. Upset that she hadn't got to taste his blood.

These emotions were short lived as she was nearly hit with a stray bolt of lightning from Heretic's rampage. Watching him disarm and completely annihilate a group of gunmen, Azami couldn't help but feel slightly attracted to the large man. Or at least, attracted to his actions. The way he mercilessly took down the group. It was poetry in action. She watched as he charged up his final move. The move that would annihilate the surrounding area. The night sky became cluttered with clouds and she could feel the static in the air grow stronger. It would be one Hell of move. 

No. A voice in Azami's head protested her admiration. But there was no hissing or sadistic undertone this time. It sounded natural. As if it were her own voice. Yes. She argued back. This was who she was. She was Hinoemma, the Murderous Magician Thief. Drinker of Blood and Predator on Men. No.  The voice protested again. It rang loud in her head, dispelling any remnants of the other voice. Azami nodded. That was not who she was. 

Acting quickly she went back into the hotel. Activating her Lotus Bloom, a noxious smell began to spill out of it. Azami herself was immune, but she pitied anyone that was unfortunate enough to get a wiff of it. She had no doubt that the cloud of horrendous gas would clear out most of the hotel. Now she herself had to get clear. 

[hr]

Takeshi couldn't believe it as the Phantom Thief abandoned him to fight Heretic alone, and making off with the diamond no less. "Seems that I took deceit as wit. There is no beauty in such things." He whispered to himself, preparing for an attack on Heretic. But before the giant could make a move on the Magician Thief he had disappeared. On to the roof the magician hunter had fled to. Takeshi stealthily followed, not wanting to attract the attention of Heretic again.

He watched as he took down the armed assailants in a matter of seconds, incapacitating nearly everyone in a few fluid movements. It was no wonder that this guy had been, or rather was, the Phantom Thief's eternal enemy, he was a one many army bent on destroying everything that the Kaitou Kid stood for. He couldn't let that happen. If the hotel was destroyed by Heretic, it would no doubt be blamed on the Magician Thieves, and while there was no question that Takeshi was indeed a thief, he was not a murderer, and he was not about to let a mass killing get by on his watch. Sprinting back down the stair case, moments before Hinoemma, Takeshi made it to the lobby where a number of guests milled about. Summoning his power, he summoned a massive burst of fire, making it circle around the room. 

Taking the form of a dragon, the power of the Ruby Heart shone quite clearly. Roaring with a great amount of power, the attack scared a great deal of the guests out of the lobby and Takeshi even saw a number flee from their rooms. Once the dragon had fulfilled its purpose, he summoned three will-o-wisps to circle them. Made of a ghostly blue light, they cast terrifying shadows about. Sending them out into the hotel, he hoped to scare the rest of the guests out of the hotel before everything came crashing down.

After sending off his will-o-wisps, Takeshi heard a mysterious noise. Turning around, he was met face to face with a double barrelled shot gun. Looking to its owner, Takeshi eyed the man questioningly. He was the desk manager. Obviously trying to protect from what he assumed was a threat. Wasting no time, Takeshi flicked his sword upward, cutting the gun in half. Before the clerk could do anything more, Takeshi touched the tip of his sword to the man's sweating brow. "Heart Vice." He whispered. The man's body went rigid, becoming paralyzed. Takeshi grabbed him by the back of his collar and dragged him out of the hotel. 

After traversing a safe distance from the doomed place, he deposited the paralyzed man safely on a vacant bench. The Lonesome Rose disappeared into the night, leaving a black flower in the clasped hands of the paralyzed desk manager. 

Thankfully, the residents of the Nakama Hotel were all evacuated safely thanks to the police and even the Magician Thieves.

"DAMN! Where did Kid go? AND WHERE ARE THE DIAMONDS?!" Inspector Shino shouted as they were all out of the now destroyed building.

"Sir, we still have a signal on the fake diamond!" one officer said. At this, Shino and his squad left the Hotel grounds and began to follow the signal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Detective Conan OST 24

"Are you sure he's dead?"

"Of course he is. I had the bullet go straight through his chest. And I saw his lifeless body fall to the ground." Oni smirked, as he handed his boss Amon's Diamond. "Jirou can vouch for me."

"Its true. And after he died, Heretic almost killed us."

"No matter. We have the thing we needed." the boss said with a smirk. He held Amon's Diamond in his hand and looked at the moon. "Now if we had either one of Merlin's Aces or Gems, under a moonlit night, we could possibly find out if the gem holds within it, the Hidden Key."

"The Hidden Key?" Jirou asked.

"The key to Pandora. If one does not possess all of Merlin's Suit, ancient text says that either an Ace or its Gem will help show. Just as long as its under a moonlit night, such as tonight." the boss chuckled.

"Ah! I see what you mean!"

The voice that said that sent shivers down the group's backs, as they turned and saw in a tree, holding the REAL Amon's Diamond up towards the moonlight...

Kaitou Kid Appears

"K-KAITOU KID!!"

"K-KAITOU KID!!"

"K-KAITOU KID!!"

Kaitou Kid stood leaning up against the tree as he stood on a branch, as a faint green light emanated from his belt as he held the diamond to the moon. "Unfortunately, this does not have the key within it. And the one your holding is a fake...with an interesting surprise put in there by Inspector Shino." he said as he turned, as pitched the diamond at the boss' head. "BUT HERE! HAVE IT!!"

The diamond it the boss' face, as he was knocked to the ground. Kaitou Kid jumped from the tree and then hopped onto the roof of a small old Japanese house, as he pointed at the group. "Listen to me! I'll find Pandora before you do...with or without Merlin's Suit! And when I find it...I'LL MAKE SURE YOU NEVER GET YOUR HANDS ON IT!!"

At this, police sirens were heard in the background, as Kaitou Kid smirked and snapped his fingers, disappearing in a cloud of smoke.

"G-Get the hell out of here!!" the boss said, as the group began to evacuate the place, lest the cops find them.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Dad...I figured out why and who killed you. But no worries...I'll keep stealing these jewels...I'll find the suits...and I'll get to Pandora before they do! ITS TIME TO START THE SHOW!!

[hr]

MidnightMagic_zpsd208ca37.png

Episode 3: A Concerto of Thieves!

~One Week After the Events of Ep. 2~

Dang it...why the hell are there not any good jewels to steal now? Kaito thought, sighing as he slouched on his couch. It had been a week since the Amon's Diamond heist...and right now there wasn't anything else good going for him. However his concentration broke when his cellphone rang: it was Asaka Hayate. What does she want at this time of day?

"Hello?" Kaito answered the phone.

"KAITO!! TURN THE TV ON NOW!!!" Asaka's voice yelled in Kaito's ear, which made him fall off the couch.

"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! Jeez..." Kaito mumbled as he turned the tv on, and he was shocked at what the news was stating.

In other news, Inspector Shino was given another notice by the elusive Kaitou Kid about his new heist! It will be tonight at the Nakama Concert Hall, going for the stunning pearl necklace from the leading lady's neck.

"T-That's not possible!! I-I didn't put out a notice..."

"What was that?"

"N-NOTHING! Anyway, weren't you and your dad going to that performance tonight?"

"Yes actually. And he's still wanting to go. And I wanted to know...if you would be willing to..."

Kaito quickly answered. "Sure! I'll see you then!" With that, he hung his cell up. Someone's impersonating me...and I'm not liking it. Wait...what's that faint music? Meh, its probably nothing. he said, grabbing his belongings and heading out to get to the school before his classes started.

He'd done it. He'd actually, successfully done it. He'd successfully planted the tracking device, escaped just as the building was destroyed by an apparently angry Heretic, survived to get instant medical attention of the highest quality, and once he could check his monitor discovered her home, and the true identity Mirage, the Magician's Thief who possessed an Ace. After checking up all the available information on the residence, it turned out to be some girl named Kiyomi Nasahara. While everything hadn't quite gone according to plan, and it took him a whole week to plan this out, he was about to fix his mistake.

And here he was, sitting on the rooftop of a neighboring building while hidden from the view of those below, with a sniper rifle in one hand and.. a sling around his other. Alas, it was still broken, which made handling the assassinating weapon awkward. But still, he somehow managed to position both himself and the weapon correctly. All he to do now was fire at the first girl that appeared in through the window as she prepared for school, break in, and then steal her Ace triumphantly. Even with only one arm, it was very possible for Lion.

Unfortunately, what wasn't possible was putting on his cloak and mask. It was impossible to change like this. So his true identity was up in the air, almost literally.

It doesn't matter, Lion told himself. This is only the first. There's still Kaitou Kid and one other. Then, once I collect them all, I will finally be able to achieve Pandora.

Why do I hear music?

For some reason, as he waited, he could hear a strangely ominous tune beginning at the back of his head that followed his every movement, and as if it were synching with another nearby tune that he couldn't hear. It sounded like it hadn't quite begun yet, so until then, he wouldn't be able to understand it.

Takeshi decided to forgo school for the day. Instead, he had gone for a stroll. Of course most people didn't take walks on the tops of buildings. Leaping from one tall rooftop to the next, the Lonesome Rose lived true to his name. Loneliness is where Takeshi felt most at home. It is where he felt most at peace, and yet also the loudest he had ever been. Where he could be true to himself without judgment or attention. He could be who he was and be what he loved. 

He watched as random passerby lived their lives down below. Talking on their cell phones, filling out paperwork, and hustling from one place to the next. How many of them were crushed by loneliness? How many thrived on it? 

Looking back to the events of at the Hotel, Takeshi remembered once again why he didn't trust people. The Phantom Thief had opened old scars. He had abandoned him. Left him for dead. But it didn't matter now. The word was all over the city. The Kaitou Kid had been shot. Plummeted off a building. Deep down, Takeshi didn't believe that. The Kaitou Kid wouldn't be taken out with a lowly bullet. If he had only watched the news that morning, his suspicions would have been confirmed. 

Conjuring up a cloud of roses, Takeshi let them drop to the streets below. Little seeds of kindness that would take root in their lives. Bring a smile to their face. Blossom into something more. Of course that was only wishful thinking. 

As he watched the red, white, and pink flowers float down to the earth below, a song popped into his head. He swore he could actually hear it. But of course, that was just more wishful thinking. 

[hr]

"GET OUT YOUR GUNS!"

"BATTLE'S BEGUN!"

"ARE YOU THE SAME OLD SINNER?!" 

Azami sang out loud as she danced around the house, getting ready for school. She had woke up the sound of music playing throughout the house, and she figured that her dad had left the stereo on when he had left for work. Having the house to herself, she had decided to have a little party by herself. The words danced off her lips as she dangerously made pancakes, the hot pan bopping and swaying with the tune of the song. 

"I'M AN ANGEL WITH A SHOTGUN!"

Azami couldn't help but smile. The day had just begun so beautifully. Birds chirping outside her window and sunlight streaming in. It was like something out of a fairy tale. Especially with the music drifting through the house. 

After finishing her breakfast, Azami picked up her bag, heading off to school. Like her father, she forgot to turn off  the stereo as she left. She instead pulled out her iPod, and put one earbud in as she walked to school. The words of the last song still lingered on her lips as the next one began. "I don't care if Heaven won't take me back." She stopped as the entrance tune to the next song began.

Rummaging through her backpack, Azami pulled out her flower hair clip and put it in her crimson hair. The dramatic irony that she did so just as the song hits climax would be lost on her, but it appeared as if the world had a sense of cruel humor. Azami continued to walk to school. The music still drifting through her house. But if one were to look at the stereo, it would very obviously appear to be off. 

In other news, Inspector Shino was given another notice by the elusive Kaitou Kid about his new heist! It will be tonight at the Nakama Concert Hall, going for the stunning pearl necklace from the leading lady's neck.

Persona 3 - Troubled

"Is that so?" Kiryu said as he turned off the TV he'd been watching. "It's not that I didn't expect the famous Kaito Kid to be a show off, but stealing the pearls off the leads neck? Kinda ballsy even for him." The apartment he'd rented using the Okita Families money was rather large, and more than worthy of a boy like himself. Still, kind of a waste of space, as he didn't plan to have very many visitors no matter how large the apartment was. Hmmm the Nakama Concert Hall, eh? Looks like as good a place as any for Shadow Fox to make his appearance in Nakama. Besides, I wanna see this 'Kaitou Kid' in action.

A small ringing on a nearby clock signified that it was about time for Kiryu to head towards school. Before he left though, he found himself staring into a mirror, fixing up his appearance absent mindedly. Once he was pleased with his image, he couldn't resist pulling out the black fox mask that held the Devils Joker in it's forehead, and held it in front of his face. "I can see the headlines now. 'Shadow Fox trumps Kaitou Kid. Fear strikes all of Nakama City. Who will win this battle of the thieves?' Of course, I won't be so foolish as to announce my arrival." Not wanting to be late for his first class, Kiryu slipped the mask into his bag, and headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katekyo Hitman REBORN! - MonoChrome

"Well, go on and take your seats everyone." the teacher said exasperatedly. "We've a new student here today. Go on, introduce yourself"

What a lame introduction... Kiryu thought as he stepped forward with a charming smile across his face. "It's a pleasure to meet you all. My name is Kiryu Okita." As he'd expected, there were a few murmurs among the students in the class. After all, he was the current leader of the Okita Clan, which still held a great deal of respect, and had more wealth than any other family in Japan. So Kiryu was used to this kind of a reaction.

While they were talking, Kiryu took this chance to survey the classroom, and subsequently his new classmates. At least there are a few cute girls in here. He thought as he noted Azami. If anything, he might not be bored on his hunt for Merlin's Suit. Once the talking began to subside, he continued, first by clearing his throat. "Although I'm from the Okita Family, I would ask that you please treat me no differently than you would treat your fellow classmates. It's a little embarrassing having people follow you around calling you Lord, or Mister all the time, y'know?"

Once he'd finished his introduction, Kiryu was assigned to sit behind Kaito, and took his seat. Now, if my information is correct, there should be at least two people with a Merlin's Suit in this class alone. Possibly more. Still, can't say for sure how reliable the intel was. It was more or less speculation and rumors than cold hard fact...

"Aoikime hurry up, we're gonna be late." Kiyomi sighed looking at the shorter, yet older woman slowly moving through her room. Aoikime groaned but didn't move any faster as she got dressed. "Pick up the pace grandma. What kind of teacher is late for her own class?"

"The kind of teacher who had her ass handed to her by Magician's Lion, that's who." Was Aoikime's reply.

"That was over." She stretched over her head her back popping a bit. "Ugh, that felt good. Look why don't you just go on ahead. Yesterday I told my class they would have self study, so if I'm late it should be fine."

Kiyomi rolled her eyes, "Some teacher you are."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Just go, I'll be there in a little while." Aoikime waved the younger girl out of her room. Kiyomi smiled finally deciding to listen. Besides losing her perfect attendance wasn't on her list of things to do. As Kiyomi was leaving the house, she walked by many a windows. However, Aoikime also stood by the window in her room a thoughtful look on her face. At the moment she didn't have her blue contact in so her heterochromia was in full view. Outside she noticed Kiyomi was walking towards the car that was awaiting her. After a bit the car left, leaving Aoikime to get to the school on her own. As she watched the car drive off she sighed her thoughtful look turning troubled. The morning after the last heist Kiyomi found something rather disturbing on her clothes; a tracking device. Aoikime couldn't believe she was so careless to let something like that happen. At least she knew who the culprit was. Lion was the only one with the opportunity to do so, and for a while she was expecting a surprise visit from him or at least some type of confrontation. Alas there was none. 

"I don't get it...I know he wants my ace so why hasn't he come for me? By know he must know of this place." Aoikime sighed, about to walk away to resume gathering her things but something stopped her. She looked back to the window confused, "Music....Hm....Must have been my imagination." She laughed, "Don't tell me I'm going senile."

Nobuo was in an elevator today. He was graced with the single most beautiful piece of Elevator Music in all time. Seriously, I'm not even joking. While narrating and writing this guy's actions, I'm tapping my feet in synch with the magnificent piece. Even Nobuo was. The music was just that damn amazing. He couldn't not enjoy the beautiful melody, the catchy percussions. It was just such a novel tone.

Anyway, now to focus on the man's business: Nobuo was in an elevator, waiting patiently to reach the floor he sought out. Having such an affinity with electricity, one could easily assume that with the tool box in his right hand, the hulking titan of a man was doing odd-job electrician jobs. One of the floors for a company's shipping department was without power, see? So he was gonna go sort it out. Outside of his charity works he made use of this side-job just to bring in additional revenue. A man had to eat, and while he could feed himself for a week on an outlet socket, Nobuo was a man who did enjoy the fine tastes of things. There's nothing better than something's taste, and Nobuo wanted Ice Cream money.

After parting from the elevator, and that irresistible song that would make me cry to have to abandon, Nobuo simply set down his radio and turned it on, so that it would bring about a nice replacement for such a masterpiece.

If this wasn't a song that'd get your finger wiggling, what would, right? Well, anyway, as Nobuo took out his screwdriver to open up and get a look at the floor's power box, he'd find himself shaking his bootay to the ditty. Busily trotting along with his work, Nobuo would find himself nicely and neatly distracted. The classic radio show, with a nice dosage of the news in intervals between such all-time favourites, relics of music to be enjoyed indeed. You can probably tell where I am going with this.

A small spark in his eye said it all. Heretic was going to make an appearance at the very same place. Fortunately his identity was never the topic of the news save when making such devastation like a week ago, because otherwise it is likely Nobuo would never be able to track Kaito.

Okita Kiryu...wow, pretty impressive that someone like that is joining this class... Kaito thought, seeing Kiryu walking past him, sitting down behind him. He went back to his phone and looked at the headlines again: Kaitou Kid at Nakama Concert Hall!! It ain't me!! he huffed as he put his cellphone away, sighing.

"Did ya hear? Kaitou Kid is gonna be at the concert hall?"

"Sure did. And just when I thought that me and my dad would actually spend time together without Kid there..." Asaka sighed.

"Its not the real Kid!" Kaito quickly said, not realizing what he was saying.

"How can you say that, Kaito?"

"BECAUSE I--" Kaito shouted at Asaka, but then got the entire class' attention, as he quickly went silent for a moment. Crap! What do I say now??? he thought, until he heard the slight sound of music again. Apparently he could only hear it, as no one else paid attention to it, as they stared at him. "Because I know things!!" he said, laughing a bit, until he started humming the certain song.

"Anyway, Asano Kaito, please sit down..." the teacher sighed, turning around.

"Yes ma'am..." Kaito quickly nodded, sitting down. He almost blew the biggest secret, as he slumped into his chair, still faintly humming the song.

"Don't tell me I'm going senile." - Less than a second after the woman said this, a bullet suddenly tore through the glass window and zoomed less than a hair's length away her right shoulder before hitting the wall behind her.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzs-OGgkZTU]Beethoven's Fifth Symphony[/url]

I missed. Lion repeated this to himself several times, still in shock over the fact that he'd actually missed his target even after she'd given him plenty of time to properly aim. Perhaps it was due to the fact that he shot in tune to the intro of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony for some queer reason. Or perhaps it was due to his broken arm failing him. It was probably the latter.

Since he hadn't bothered practicing shooting with it, the transition must've been slightly rougher than he first assumed. This was, after all, the first time he had gone into his activities with a cripple. It was also the first, and only time that he would go on a mission without his costume. Luckily, the sniper he possessed was one of stealth, and so the sound generated wasn't nearly enough to catch the attention of anyone below. Unluckily, his target now knew of his presence, and it would be hard to shoot her a second time.

It couldn't be helped.

First, he released the sling on his left arm, letting it relax by his side while allowing him to be more agile. Then, placing the rifle on the surface, he took out a previously-prepared remote, pressed the button, and watched as electricity throughout the entire complex died out - even though it was a futile effort due to backup generators, it would at least allow him to enter without causing any alarms to activate. Finally, he put it back as he prepared a pistol in his right hand, jumped off and rolled into the shattered window, half a minute into the famous symphony. But even though he had neither his cloak or his mask, there was no plausible way for Kiyomi Nasahara to know of his true identity-

Yet, it wasn't her. It was that teacher he'd met a day before the failed heist of the Amon's Diamond. The teacher, Aoikime Kishiyo. Now that he thought about it, there was a bit of information that she visited this household a lot. How inconvenient. During this realization, the symphony continued to play in his mind, in complete tune to his thinking. And so it was that just as it began its high, joyful notes, he came to realize that she had heterochromia like the real Mirage. That was odd, since he'd always assumed that Mirage wore a single contact lens to disguise her heritage.

Perhaps Kiyomi had modeled her disguise off the teacher, or perhaps... No, that wasn't probable. The Nasahara family were definitely Magician's Thieves based on their history and fluctuating bank accounts, but there was no way that they would have an outsider do their jobs for them. Most families would be too proud to do such a thing. Still, perhaps she knew a few valuable things. Pointing the gun at her, the joyful notes of the orchestra ended and were replaced with dark, sullen tones once more.

"Good morning. I understand that this might be a little sudden, but I don't have time to waste on a human like you." Lion told her in a monotone, carefully approaching her to emphasize the presence of the weapon in his hands, yet staying just far enough so that she wouldn't be able to suddenly retaliate. With no available arms, he would have to use his legs to counter, which may prove to be a disadvantage.

"I'm looking for two things. One, an amethyst diamond. Two, an Ace of Clubs card. Believe it or not, Kiyomi Nasahara is actually the infamous Mirage, and they're items of value that she has stolen. Compared to the many other things she's taken, I think that asking for just those two is reasonable enough."

In order for his 'request' to sink in, he calmly added in, "Oh, but it's not like you have a choice. You must understand that your life is in my hands. Make one wrong decision, and the trigger is pulled. So what will your answer be, Aoikime?"

His thoughts and words were all in synch to the symphony's changing mood, and though it did annoy him slightly, it also helped calm his muscles in such a risky place. He had control over this situation for sure. Pandora was close.

[i]So his name is Asano...[/i] Kinda suspicious how this guy acted just now. Especially the part about yelling that it 'wasn't the real Kid'. That much Kiryu had suspected, but how did this guy know that? What was he Kid's fan boy? No, there was probably more to it than that. A lot more to it. By now, he'd attracted the entire classes attention. [i]Way to be discreet Asano. Might as well just shout out that you're a Kid lover.[/i] Kiryu thought with a sigh. No, that still didn't fit. He wouldn't have known most of the stuff he let off that he did if he were just a fan.

As Kaito took his seat, Kiryu's curiosity got the better of him. He leaned forward in his seat until he was close enough so that Kaito could hear him, and asked "How exactly do you know so much about Kid? Just curious about it is all." Kiryu hoped he'd said all this in a friendly enough manner, but as it was he was getting somewhat excited about this. [i]Asano already let slip he knows something of Kid's movements. Maybe I can get him to let his identity slip too...[/i]

'As you're probably aware, my family is famous as detectives. In fact, part of the reason I was sent over to Nakama from Kyoto is to help with the recent string of robberies in Nakama, so any form of assistance would be appreciated. Now having said that," KIryu now leaned back in his chair with his hands behind his head. "I... would also like to ask you to help me get acquainted with the school more."

"How exactly do you know so much about Kid? Just curious about it is all."

Kaito turned and looked at Kiryu. Me and my big mouth... he thought, but played along, quietly chuckling. "I don't. However, I happen to be the son of one of the best magician performers that ever lived in Nakama City: Renji Asano, so I know things about stuff about fake imitators. That and they always show a picture of the notice that Kid gives on television...they didn't this time!"  Kaito nodded, with a smile.

It was true! Even when Renji had hold of the Kaitou Kid title, all the notices were shown on television, even showing the proper Kid signature at the bottom of every notice. Surely anyone would've noticed this, especially if they were paying attention very carefully.

"As for showing you around, I can definitely do that. But it'll be a quick run through, cause I'm going on a 'Supposive date' with Asaka, Inspector Shino's daughter. In all actuality, just going to kick it with her and her father on some showing. Think she mentioned a movie..."  Kaito said placing his hands behind his head.

"Ah!" Aoikime shreiked quickly dropped down below the window and crawling away. Just what was that? Something shot threw the window. Now away from the window, she stood up, and looked at the window. There was a small whole. Following the line of sight there was something caught in the wall. Her face paled once she all to quickly realized what it was. "A bullet...But...Could it be..." Aoikime rushed to make sure her diamond and Ace was on her. It was then the power cut off. She cursed. This attack was no doubt Lion's doing, and if it was he was extremely resourceful. The house of course had back up generators, but it would take a while before they fully kicked in.

"I should have left when I had the chance..." At least Kiyomi, or her family wasn't here to get mixed up in this mess. Lion finally made his entrance, crashing through the window. "Uh...Hi..." Lion look, pausing once he got a look at me. For some reason she paused as well, gauging what his next move may be. He was probably surprised to find that the teacher Aoikime was actually the thief Mirage. She also realized she hadn't put in her contact yet. This was going to be a problem. Would he expose her true identity to everyone? 

"Good morning. I understand that this might be a little sudden, but I don't have time to waste on a human like you."

"Well that was a little rude." She mumbled, but something bothered her. Didn't he come here with the intentions of stealing her Diamond and Ace? If so then why would he be wasting his time with her? Lion moved a bit closer, remaining cautious enough not to get too close for her to make a sudden move, but close enough for Aoikime to see the threat in his working hand much clearer. She glanced at his other arm resting in the sling, and felt a bit guilty. Though it probably would have been more so if he wasn't trying to kill her....Again.

"I'm looking for two things. One, an amethyst diamond. Two, an Ace of Clubs card." She tensed. Just as she thought. "Believe it or not, Kiyomi Nasahara is actually the infamous Mirage, and they're items of value that she has stolen. Compared to the many other things she's taken, I think that asking for just those two is reasonable enough." Wait....Did she just hear him correctly? Kiyomi Nasahara is...Mirage? Was he trying to trick her? No, he was serious. He really thought Kiyomi was Mirage. Though as she thought about it, it would make sense. He probably got his information by researching the house, and since she wasn't in their family registry then Kiyomi would be the best choice. Then that meant the bullet was meant for Kiyomi!

"Oh, but it's not like you have a choice. You must understand that your life is in my hands. Make one wrong decision, and the trigger is pulled. So what will your answer be, Aoikime?"

"Even if we aren't at school you shouldn't address your sensei by their first name." Giving him what he wanted was out of the question, but the fact that he thought Kiyomi was Mirage would be a problem. Mainly because, as he showed earlier, he would try to kill her. Aoikime couldn't have that. "Well...I must applaud you for getting this far. We found that tracking device pretty quick, but obviously you still managed to get here. Not only that but you cut the power so you could get in without tripping any alarms." The back up generate finally decided to kick in. "Hm, we should get that checked. It takes too long to start up."

"Despite all of that I'm afraid that you made one little mistake." She smirked. "Kiyomi isn't Mirage." Using the Ace's power she turned invisible, and rushed for the door to escape the room. Since he didn't think she was Mirage it should hopefully surprise him. 'It's a shame my identity is revealed, but I can't let Kiyomi attract his attention.' She ran down the hall, turning the corner before becoming visible again. She couldn't waste it. That little ability was always a life saver, and she was sure that it would prove to be the same now. "This is not my day."

As Aoikime spoke, it seemed as though she was deeper in on the Magician's Thief business than Lion had originally assumed, which was quite the inconvenience. But then, as she smirked, his look became slightly confused when she told him that she was in fact Mirage. While there was a chance, it wasn't very probable. No, it was more likely that she was only attempting to defend her student- As his thoughts speculated, they were cut short as she suddenly turned invisible, and the door slammed open by itself quickly afterwards.

"..."

He stood there in shock for a moment.

Before running straight out.

Now Lion knew that he had made a potentially fatal error, but he had already come this close to the Ace, so he wasn't about to give up now. The Ace of Clubs will be his, and nothing was going to stop that inevitable outcome from occurring. Relying on his hearing to detect her presence, he determined by her footsteps that she had ran down the hall. Rushing after her, he threw the gun away and whispered "Form Flow", gathering more and more moisture from the air as he ran. By the time he reached the corner, he had managed to gather up a whole gallon of water.

Since she would probably know how to counter his water whip by now, he would have to go with a different strategy this time. Form Freeze. Thus, he split up the glob of water into several sections before shaping and then freezing them, creating a total of nine, sharp icicles that floated besides him.

"I don't suppose you'll surrender for my sake, Mirage-chan?" He asked sarcastically, which he had to admit was slightly out of character.

Then, preparing the two large icicles, he turned the corner and fired them, both intending to penetrate into the teacher. And immobilize her.

"I don't suppose you'll surrender for my sake, Mirage-chan?" 

She heard the sarcastic remark from her pursuer. "Ha! So I guess you do have a sense of humor!" Seems like her surprise earlier didn't hold him off for very long. Lion was practically on top of her already. From behind she heard something flying through the air. Glancing back the sound belonged to two large icicles. Of course they were. Somehow she manged to dodge the first one, though nor completely as it cut her quite generously in her side. She wasn't so lucky, however, with the second one. Her left leg was impaled by the icicle forcing her to fall forward. She cursed, as she struggled to stand back up, but it was harder than she thought with only one leg. "You sure do know how to make a girl feel special." Leaning all her weight on her right foot, she looked at Lion wondering what her next move should be.

Running was the worst mistake she could have made. If only she had stayed and tried to fight then maybe this wouldn't have happened. Not only that but Lion still have 7 of those icicles left and no doubt all of them had their sights on her. With her leg in it's condition she couldn't run, maybe limp but not nearly fast enough. Aoikime winced. The pain was unimaginable, she was loosing a lot of blood, and the feeling in her leg had all but vanished.

'Don't count me out yet.' Standing as tall as she could. 

"I don't really get it...Why are you trying to get this pandora thing?" Though she was truly curious, Aoikime was only hoping to buy some time so she could come up with a definite strategy. "If you're gonna try to kill me over this, I think I deserve to at least know why."

The chorus of the orchestra coming to a slow still, Lion looked upon his defeated opponent with an expression devoid or either satisfaction or worry, but for one reason or another, couldn't help but want to toy with this helpless victim of his. Just as she had crippled his arm, he'd just crippled her leg. Though he'd been expecting a tougher battle after his screw-up and with only one usable arm, perhaps she simply hadn't been given the time to think things through since he did barge in so suddenly.

Very well. Letting the seven remaining icicles descend down to his waist, the redheaded boy decided against his better judgment that he would toy with her for a bit. He had the largest icicle float behind him for him to sit upon, and as he did, he crossed his legs and glanced at the clock. It was unlikely that anybody would be coming anytime soon.

"It's simple. Attaining Pandora is the only reason I exist." Lion answered nonchalantly. "I come from a very long line of magicians, spanning many generations, whom for thousands of years dedicated themselves to a goal beyond mere trickery - true magic. Often, they would meet gruesome deaths in their attempts to pursue fantasy. This lineage had been at the brink of giving up when its latest successors heard of something known as 'the greatest score in the world'. Or more specifically, Pandora."

His gaze turned down at the blood escaping from Aoikime's leg, and he assessed the situation. While it had indeed been a powerful blow, the icicle's low temperature would preserve the damage to her leg and save her life, so she was in no immediate danger of dying. However, she definitely wouldn't be able to escape from him like this, not while being in constant pain and lacking the ability to run away.

"For all the couple's talent at illusions, though, they were hopeless at actual thievery. And so I was conceived, as a child, and raised, as a weapon to help them find all four Aces and open the gates to Pandora, which they believed held the answer to their millennium-long quest. Both of those two are gone now, most likely dead, leaving only the Ace of Diamonds and its matching sapphire gem." Tired of sitting, Lion got up from the icicle-seat before taking a step towards her, blankly looking into her heterochromic eyes as if he was trying to make her question her own existence. "But having been raised as a weapon, there's no other path for me. I do not expect you to understand, Mirage."

Then, all of a sudden, he took out a cellphone and showed it to the teacher.

"Still, it seems like a waste to dispose of a talented Magician's Thief. So how about I propose this to you - you give me your Ace and Diamond, and I'll call an ambulance for you. If you want, I'll even pay all your expenses and repair your window. It's a small price to pay for what you have to offer, after all. So, do you accept?"

Takeshi had continued his little stroll on the top of buildings, occasionally dropping a number of roses below to watch as random strangers had a smile brought to their face, or even a tear to their eye. It was amazing what one unexpected act of kindness did. Of course, he knew better than to take credit for such acts. Each time he would drop a rose, he made sure that he hid himself afterward. If someone were to see him up here, they would no doubt call the police in an attempt to stop the 'suicide jumper.' Takeshi laughed at the thought of the officers arriving on scene, thinking they were going to talk down a man, only to be met face to face with The Lonesome Rose. 

As Takeshi sailed from the top of a high skyscraper onto a smaller building, he noticed that he was moving into the more residential area of Nakama, he was even getting close to the school. "Well I don't want to go back there." He said, scoffing. He wasn't about to skip school and then spend the day on its roof. That would just be ridiculous. Turning, Takeshi prepared to head back the way he came, but in the instant he began to turn he saw something that caught his eye.

A glint of metal hit his eye and is it did so, he caught sight of what had done the act. A sniper rifle. Takeshi's eyes widened. The audacity of someone to attempt such a crime in the middle of the day. Judging the distance between himself and the shooter, Takeshi began to hastily make his way from building to building in an attempt to stop him. He was, unfortunately, too late. The crimson haired assailant, whom he assumed was Hinoemma from a distance, fired a round in through a window and then proceeded to jump into said window. As he did so, Takeshi got sight of his face. It most definitely was not Hinoemma. A new magician thief perhaps? They hadn't been properly acquainted. It was time to change that.

Falling suit, Takeshi leaped in through the shatter window. He found himself in an empty room, with a bullet lodged firmly in the wall. He sighed in relief, that meant that no one had been killed...yet. Coming out of the room, Takeshi caught sight of the red haired man just as he turned the corner. Taking a deep breath, Takeshi drew his sword and prepared for a battle. Moving as silently as possible, Takeshi began to creep up on him.

"I don't really get it...Why are you trying to get this pandora thing? If you're gonna try to kill me over this, I think I deserve to at least know why."

"Still, it seems like a waste to dispose of a talented Magician's Thief. So how about I propose this to you - you give me your Ace and Diamond, and I'll call an ambulance for you. If you want, I'll even pay all your expenses and repair your window. It's a small price to pay for what you have to offer, after all. So, do you accept?"

Takeshi thanked the fates above. It looked like he had stumbled into a meeting of Magician Thieves, and not just any Magician Thieves. Holders of the Suits. There was no more time for hesitation. Takeshi turned the corner, raising his sword, the tip touching the back of the crimson haired magician's neck. "And in enters the Lonesome Rose."

[hr]

Azami had taken her seat in class, her mood having become much darker since arriving at school. Although whether that was the environment or the accursed accessory in her hair had remained to be seen. Probably a lot of both. She barely looked as a new student was introduced to the class, as though she had noticed him checking her out. As well he should, she was the best looking girl around. Too bad he was hopefully at of his league on this one. He may be rich, but Azami doubted that he was anywhere near as exciting as she was. Besides, he seemed a bit conceited in asking the entire class to just try to forget his was practically royalty. Seemed like a ploy for more attention.

Leaning back in her chair, Azami tried to drown out the noise of the classroom. "BECAUSE I--Because I know things!!" If Azami had only been paying attention, she may have learned the identity of the Kaitou Kid, but alas, her mind was elsewhere. 

"Ah, the Lonesome Rose. How good of you to join us." Lion remarked without any sign of worry in his voice, though he had in fact been surprised by the sudden appearance of another thief. He must've been too preoccupied with Mirage to have noticed. It looked as if today, his mind wasn't quite working properly.

It didn't matter. Like always, he could take advantage of this situation. Right then, as if to criticize the other magician for his lack of foresight, the redhead swept up his right arm and sent the icicle he'd been sitting on prior upwards, hitting the sword and deflecting it away from the back of is neck, while allowing him to push the intruder backwards, giving him enough space. At the same time, though, the sharpened ice broke apart, leaving only six icicles under his control left.

"In any other case, I would attempt to make an alliance with you, Lonesome Rose, but judging from research, you'll try to save Mirage here since she's a 'damsel in distress', refusing to listen to any sort of reason I say, and then present her a rose before making an overly dramatic exit as always." Lion said confidently, demonstrating his greatest advantage at the moment - knowledge of his enemy. "Unfortunately, she's my girl for the day. I don't have time to waste with a childish playboy who does fire tricks."

Putting the phone away, he twisted away one of them to have it point at the disabled Mirage, just in case she tried to interfere with their fight. Then he readied himself in a martial arts stance, though one that was a little awkward since he was still unable to use his left arm. Nevertheless, his right arm combined with the six icicles would be more than enough to overpower the Lonesome Rose and his array of fire tricks. Besides, was his opponent really willing to use flames within a hallway?

Form: Assault.

Whatever the case, Lion was about to find out as he sent two more icicles forward, one aimed at the Rose's head and one at his pelvis. As he blocked or dodged them, the redhead would use that opportunity to rush in with a powerful, bone-snapping blow from his fist aimed at the stomach, while keeping his own "Body Barrier" ability active to defend from that curious instant-paralysis effect his opponent appeared to demonstrate without explanation every now and then.

Still, while Mirage's psychic Ace had allowed her to fight evenly with him, he was quite confident in his ability to defeat this second-rate Magician's Thief he'd previously deemed Not Notable.

As she listened to Lion's explanation she leaned against the wall, to relieve her working leg of some of the weight. Aoikime also realized that her leg had stopped bleeding, thankfully. Lion had also paused his story to assess her damaged leg before continuing. So apparently Pandora held some type of great power that his ancestors were searching for, but having failed he was born to finish the job. Kind of unfortunate if you asked her. He didn't even sound like he wanted to do it...Or maybe he did. His monotone voice made it hard to decipher anything, and he was trying pretty darn hard to kill her. Standing from his makeshift chair he pulled a cellphone giving her yet another choice. Guess the history lesson was over. Just because her leg was useless didn't mean she still couldn't use the psychic abilities of her ace, and around now she wasn't given much of a choice. However, she feared that the end outcome wouldn't be in her favor. 

That was until she noticed someone behind Lion only moments before he spoke, being the Lonesome Rose. Great another magician just what she needed. Though from the looks of it they weren't allies.

"In any other case, I would attempt to make an alliance with you, Lonesome Rose, but judging from research, you'll try to save Mirage here since she's a 'damsel in distress', refusing to listen to any sort of reason I say, and then present her a rose before making an overly dramatic exit as always."

Well maybe that meant good news for her...But how did he know they were here? Perhaps he was just passing by and noticed. Well, guess it didn't matter now. Lion faced Lonesome, the greater threat - if she was even that anymore - though kept one icicle on her for cautionary purposes. She sighed quietly. 'Can't believe I got myself in this situation...Now where am I?...There's the painting and the blue vase further down.' She closed her eyes counting the windows from her room to where she was. 'Perfect. So that secret room is on this wall somewhere.' She felt around discretely pushing on the wall hoping to find the switch without catching attention. Whoever this Lonesome guy was she was more that willing to leave him to handle Lion. While she did feel bad about leaving him up against Lion who had an Ace, she couldn't let him get her Ace.

She careful inched down, careful that her movements weren't noticed. 'Come on, where is it?'

Well, he had a point there. They didn't show Kid's notice at all on the news broadcast. That meant that there could have been a number of other explanations for this, but Kiryu already had an idea of what was going on. "Well, I can't argue with that." he said as he gave Kaito a friendly smile. "And you got a date with her? Well lucky you. I gotta admit, I was eyeing her myself. Oh, but don't worry. I'm not the type to chase another guys girl, so instead I"ll just wish you luck. Besides, I got my eye on another chick." he said turning to eye Azami again. But of course, he wasn't really interested. So long as his farce could continue it didn't matter though.

Although Kiryu was acting as if he no longer suspected Kaito, he knew that this kid was hiding something. Wait, Kaito, kid, Kaito. Kid. Kaito... Kiryu nearly face palmed it was so obvious. Well, not obvious yet, but Kiryu had more or less figured it out. Of course, for all he knew, there could be another Kaito of the same age who just happened to be the son of a magician, but he rather doubted that. [i]I suppose there's one way to find out...[/i] Kiryu put on just a fake smile, that looked real enough to fool [url=http://images.wikia.com/deathnote/images/d/d1/56_(1).jpg]L[/url] himself. 

"Well, since you seemed interested in it earlier, so I'll tell you my opinion on it. As a sort of thank you for helping me out." Kiryu said in a rather friendly tone, before looking very serious. "I don't think that there's an imitator at all to be honest, and I think the police department know it isn't Kid who gave out the information. Actually, I'd think it's a safe bet to say that this whole thing was a trap set up by the police to catch Kid. Think about it: Kid's not just your typical thief, right? His goal isn't to just acquire a treasure and get out, he wants to put on a show."

As he spoke, Kiryu paid close attention to each of Kaito's actions, no matter how small they be. If he was hiding anything, Kiryu wanted to know. If his suspicions were correct, and Kaito Asano was in fact Kaito Kid, then naturally he wanted to know that too. So, Kiryu continued. "If someone else steals his mark, or gets caught then he looks bad. That aside, he's got to show up now that a notification has been given out, else his reputation becomes tarnished. So, he show's up, but instead of an imitator, he finds a massive gathering of police. It's an old trick actually, but an effective one. They've trapped Kid by using his own ego as the cage."

Archived