Midnight Magic ~ Under Thief's Guise [IC / S / A]

Super Chaos Sonic

Satou chuckled as he watched all the magicians run about attacking each other. All over a simple necklace who's value was meh in his opinion.  But he had learned quite a bit from simply standing and observing all of them. Those most intriguing to him were the ones known as Heretic and Kaitou Kid. One with major power and anger to go with it, as proven by the broken pillar from one punch. Then there was Kaitou Kid, the so called immortal. So many years later, and he was still young. The question was, was he the same one, or an imposter?

He shrugged as he focused his gaze upon the man leaning near him. "No thank you. I don't smoke." Satou pulled out a flask and sipped form hit before offering it to the man. "The name is the Red Mage. Yours? As for the necklace, I'm not interested in it at all. Actually, I'm more interested in the magicians in this area. One must know the playing field before making his move."

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chase in the museum kept going, even though Heretic left and Takeshi left. And the cops and guards...still at the edge of his cape. Kaitou Kid was getting a bit restless at this...his last heist was surely not this annoying. Well...that would mainly be because not all the Magician Thieves were on to Kid's return. he thought as he rounded the next corner. Options now were the ventilation shafts, though that was the way he got in....OR up to the roof.

"Face your awaited fate like a man, Kid!!" Shino yelled, as he kept leading the mob of guards and cops.

Dude is freakin' persistent...dad really had it tough with him around. Kaitou Kid thought, as he then saw a Bracchiosaurs skeleton and its head was right below a sky light. Perfect timing on finding it. He took his Card Gun once again, shooting it as a grapple appeared again, as he was quickly propelled to the neck of the skeletal dinosaur.

"EVERYONE! TO THE ROOF!!!"

The wind currents were noticeably getting a little stronger up top, and the Lion's crimson cloak blew with them. Under the sky, it gave him a rather ominous appearance. But he wasn't thinking about that. It appeared that he had given the other magicians too little credit, as from the sound of things, they successfully managed to block Kaitou Kid's escape route. Through elimination, that would leave only two options for the white magician - the ventilation shafts or the roof. If he had gone through the ventilation shafts, there was still the chance Mirage could've still intercepted him as he tried to escape. However, unfortunately enough, that wasn't the decision he chose. [color=darkgreen]"EVERYONE! TO THE ROOF!!!"[/color] Already on the roof, the Magician's Lion narrowly avoided the skylight and watched as Kaitou Kid went up to the neck of a Bracchiosaurus skeleton. Very well then. If that was how this unworthy illusionist wanted to play it, then so be it. He would just have to block the last escape route and end the Kid's career right here and now before it could kick off. [color=#008080]"Form: Flow."[/color] He whispered. Gathering up moisture from the air, they began to crystallize into icicles all around him, all pointing towards where Kaitou Kid planned on escaping the museum from. There were six in all, and as soon as the white magician emerged, they would come flying at him at once in a surprise attack, aimed at his arms and legs. The intention was of course, to pin him to the rooftop by his limbs and render his abilities useless. As talented as he was, there was no way he could get out of that one under all the tension...right?

As Kaitou Kid reached the skylight, he noticed the icicle spears pointed at him....but he noticed it too late. For once he emerged out...

STAB!!!

The Inspector and the guards all arrived on the roof just as the icicles pinned Kid to the roof's ground. Everyone was silent at the moment, until Shino moved towards the body, and that's when HE noticed it. "W-Wait a moment!! T-THIS ISN'T KAITOU KID!! Its a dummy!!"

Magic Kaito ~ Kid the Phantom Thief Theme

Right you are Inspector, and it appears you haven't gotten the best of me. You nor the Magician Thief who tried the tactic.

The guards and Shino turned around and saw Kaitou Kid on the edge of the museum's roof, with a full moon shining against his back. With a small snap of his fingers, the spotlights on the roof lit up, shining on him as he took a gentlemanly bow. "Now...let's start the show!"

Once they saw him like this, the guards and Shino ran towards him. Kaitou Kid simply smirked, as he jumped back and began to almost float backwards. As with that, thanks to the Emerald Spade, a gust of wind carried him off, as his Hang-glider flew off.

"DAMN IT! He got away!" Shino yelled, beating the edge of the roof.

"Inspector! We have a discovery!" one of the guards said to Shino, holding something. Oddly enough, it was the Fallen Star Topaz necklace. "It was in the dummy's pocket."

"Heh, guess he lost the nerve to steal the necklace! As he should've been!" Shino laughed loudly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At this time, Kaitou Kid had just stood atop a new building, sighing. "Man...I can't believe I forgot to get the necklace from that dummy. Well...that's TWO scores I didn't quite get. Still, quite a turn out for Kaitou Kid's second heist. This'll be even more fun than I thought."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Detective Conan OST ~ Black Organization

Meanwhile, in a different part of the city...or possibly a different city all together...the shady man from the museum walks into a dark room with only a computer screen on. It showed the back of person, who sat in the chair behind it.

"Oni tells me...that you have seen the Phantom Thief tonight. Is this true?"

"Yes sir. I saw him with my own eyes, even have the pictures to prove it." the shady man said, placing a few photos on the desk, before backing up.

A man's arm grabbed the pictures as they were now being looked at. "Seems you are right. I want you to take care of this, Jirou. Kill the Phantom Thief once more...bring Oni in if you need to. He will not stop us from obtaining Pandora this time."

With that, the room was silent once more, as the Jirou walked out of the room.

[hr]

MidnightMagic_zpsd208ca37.png

Episode 2: Opening Old Wounds!

Monday ~ July 9th

Kaito Asano (Kaitou Kid) had just arrived in his home room class at Nakama High School, yawning like usual. This was the last class for the day, so it wouldn't be TOO long. But for Kaito, this was just another class he had to sit there. The fact of the matter was, he had another sleepless night, as he was trying to figure out his next heist, but so far it wasn't going so well. He rested his head on his arm, until his face hit the desk...well, face first.

"Ow, ow, ow!" he said, quickly sitting up and rubbing his face a bit, sighing. "I'm awake now..." Kaito sighed as he relaxed a bit in his seat, pulling out a newspaper to see what he could find. Sure enough, he found it. Tomorrow was the unveiling of "Amon's Diamond" at the Nakama Hotel. Hehe, this has Kaitou Kid's name written all over it! This will be a great steal!

[spoiler=OOC]

Yes, you get the first taste of the High School environment. However, to save for plot time...it won't be long.[/spoiler]

Azami walked through the high school, her heels clicking loudly as her 'look at me' strut commanded the attention of most everyone around her. She could practically hear the thoughts of everyone around her. 'God, she is such a slut.' 'Look at that fine ass.' 'I wish I was her.' 'Why does she have to be so perfect?' 'She is so beautiful.' 'Azami, please go out with me!' Azami smiled. If she couldn't inspire hate, that meant she wasn't inspiring love. But she was doing both.

Readjusting the bag at her side, she entered her classroom. Advanced Calculus. She let out a groan. Azami hated math more than anything else at school. It offered her no advantage in the real world and just ate up a few hours of her day...very slowly, she might add. Taking her seat, she slumped down in it, prepared to sleep through the entire class. Closing her eyes to get a head start before Mr. Bronk started teaching, she overheard a conversation from some of her fellow classmates. "Are you going to go see the Amon's Diamond?" Straining her ears, Azami listened further.

"Why would I go see some shiny rock?" 

"It's a diamond, Aya. You love jewelry. Come on, please go with me." 

"No way, unless that diamond is around my neck or on my finger, I am not going." 

A grin took over Azami's face. Amon's Diamond? In truth, she had never heard of it before, but with her defeat at the hands of Kaitou Kid, she needed a taste of the royal life again...

and perhaps a taste of blood as well.

[hr]

Takeshi sat at his computer screen, furiously typing away. He was searching on anything and everything that he could bring up about the Kaitou Kid. It seemed that he had been quite the notorious thief, back in the day. Something that Takeshi was already aware of. He found interesting though, that it was rumored that the Kaitou Kid had died. That meant that the one he had seen last night must have been an imposter.

Of course, it was pretty difficult to fake the powers of the Emerald Spade. According to his research, Takeshi had found that the original Kaitou Kid had been in possession of the Emerald Spade as well. Maybe this guy is the real deal... Takeshi thought to himself. The Merlins' Suits did have some powerful abilities, there was no way of discounting that the Emerald Spade granted the wearer a longer life. Still, Takeshi couldn't be for certain either way. And in truth, he didn't care. What he cared about, was getting his hands on the Emerald. The gem had been carved with such beauty and such eloquence that Takeshi could practically feel its beauty just by sight. It was a perfect emerald. Flawless in every way. He was determined to get it.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Takeshi cursed. He had been up all night and if he didn't worry he would be late for school. Grabbing his backpack and a jacket, Takeshi rushed off to Nakama High School.

Later that day...

"Mr. Takeshi! Wake up!" Takeshi jumped in surprise. Looking up, he saw that his teacher, Mrs. Konoha was standing over him a rolled up stack of papers in her hands. "The bell has rung for your next class, young man. Get out of here before I write you up for sleeping in my class." Takeshi hastily stood up, bowing to the teacher. "Sorry madame, it won't happen again." Leaving with a flourish, Takeshi left the classroom. Watching him go, Mrs. Konoha went to set the papers in her hand back on her desk, realizing that the roll of papers were no longer in her hands, instead, a beautiful red rose occupied the space. Smiling slightly in surprise and flattery, she placed the rose in an empty vase on her desk.

Takeshi stuck to the edge of the halls as he walked through Nakama High. He could already hear the whispers and taunts. Look at that queer. He must be really gay to where that to school. Ruffles? Really? On a shirt? And he wonders why he gets made fun. Takeshi brushed them off. Other people were not his concern, especially other men...or rather boys in their case.

Spotting a lonely girl in the hallway, Takeshi walked up to her. "You are looking positively glum this afternoon." He said, nimbly taking the books in her hands in his own. Smiling in appreciation, the girl thanked Takeshi. "You're Takeshi right?" The girl asked. "The one and only he answered. So what's got you feeling down, beautiful?" He asked. The girl's cheeks flushed slightly, not used to such a compliment. 

"I just found out my boyfriend was cheating on me." She said, tears welling in her eyes. Takeshi stepped in front of her, stopping her. "Well then he, my fine lady, doesn't have brains that God gave a goose. You are an exquisite creature of beauty and substance, don't let anyone tell you differently." Handing the girl back her books, having come to his close, Takeshi left with a wink. 

The girl stood there for a moment, before going to class with a slight smile on her face. Later that day she would find a pink rose carefully placed in one of her textbooks. 

'Last night was a total failure. Sigh, I'm just glad I got away. Hope that Lion guy managed to get away too. I'd feel bad otherwise.' Though the young, fresh out of college teacher named Aoikime Kishiyo. She stood at the front of the class, as per usual for the teacher, and prepared her last lecture for the day. Her subject, Science. Oh, how fun. As the students began to file in the typical chorus of "Konnichiwa Chibiyo-Sensei!" In true anime fashion a stress mark appeared on Aoikime's forehead as she slammed her hands on her desk, "How many times do I have to tell you guys! It's Kishiyo-Sensei!" 

Her students laughed and some replied, "You're so cute when you get angry!" "Come on Chibiyo-Sensei it's just our form of love." Aoikime just facepalmed, "You know, I remember days when the students used to respect their teachers, despite how shot they were." She pouted crossing her arms. Her apparent nickname 'Chibiyo' is something that started almost instantly when she joined the teaching staff. Using 'Chibi' meaning short, small or child-like in her name changed the meaning to Generation of short people'. The students started calling her that as a joke to her short height, at least compared to most of them. "Ah, Nasahara-san. I would like to see you after class is over. So please wait behind."

A young beautiful girl, with long silver hair nodded a knowing smile on her face. "Alright Sensei."

"See why can't you all take from her example?" She exclaimed. 

"You should just get over it Chibiyo-sensei. Besides it embodies how adorable you ar-" The young, brown haired student was cut off when a piece of chalk went sailing through the air hitting the boy on the forehead causing swirls of a typical anime knock out to occur. Aoikime smirked still in the position of having just thrown something, and the rest of the students laughed at their fallen classmate. "Now, Hara-kun can join the class once he regains consciousness. For the rest of us I'll go a head and start class." She smiled

Failure. The target somehow managed to switch with a dummy before making his escape. It was disappointing, but then again, it was only to be expected of the legendary Kaitou Kid. Anything less and he wouldn't be worthy of being recognized as the talented Magician Thief everyone said he was. At the very least, he now knew that the tales of his abilities weren't just for show. Before the guards could get over Kaitou Kid's escape and start wondering about the icicles, the Magician's Lion made his escape. His alliance with Mirage would have to be postponed indefinitely for now, and the Fallen Star Topaz would most likely be placed in a much more secure location now. Not that he cared about such a meaningless jewel in the first place.

Kaitou Kid. He'd heard the tales, and some facts - one being that he possessed the Emerald Spade - proved to be true, but what about the entire truth? Instead of returning back to the mansion he lived in, Lion began to track down recordings of the Phantom Thief from ten years ago. It wasn't easy, but he eventually managed and later spent the rest of the night reviewing them.

At Nakama High School, a young man noticeably stood out amongst everyone else. With flowing red hair and a formal look, he didn't seem too interested in anything, although his eyes looked everywhere and analyzed each person within split seconds. He came to this school as an exchange student from another country, which had been easily arranged. Now, one might start wondering why he would even bother coming here. The answer was pretty simple - here, there might be a clue about Kaitou Kid's whereabouts. But to find out about it, he would have to first pose as a student.

Walking across the hallway and taking everything in, the teachers disregarded it as him simply exploring the premises.

Nobuo was wearing a more casual attire, a white T-shirt with some jeans and work-place boots, the reason being was that wearing the garb of the Heretic would be far too dangerous right about now. His outfit, though, did show off strong forearms, lightly grizzled with dark hair, along with his rough, bare hands, right one framed with his subtle wrist watch, analog of course. This attire was quite appropriate for the rather hot day, and it suited his tall, broad demeanour. He also was carrying a black blazer over his arm as he made his way with a female companion to, of course, Nakama High. Nobuo, during the moments when he was in control of his sanity, was among many things a charity worker, said charity for Water Aid this time. When he didn't work in terms of charity he also performed duties as a social worker and many other functions.

At the reception of the school he smiled and let his fellow co-worker do all the talking as he carried the bucket for the spare change. The receptionist's smile warmed his heart, he was content with how people at this place valued charities and, offering her the bucket for her own donation, smiled with gratitude to her. Even the smallest amount was smiled upon. As such they were given the get go and were able to continue their mission in gathering donations. As such they decided to be logical, and head to the teacher's lounge first thing, since they'd all be on their way to getting to the students soon. This charity shindig was going smoother than Nobuo actually predicted, only a few crows kept hold of their spare change.

Nobuo smiled as they came across a red-haired, formally dressed student. As such, his partner spoke up chirpy and smiled. "Hello there! I was wondering if you would have some spare change to donate to the charity we are representing, Water Aid! We're trying to bring clean and reliable water sources to those poor countries and people who go without..."

"I can taste him, Nobuo. You know what I mean, this neophyte thief in front of you. Why don't you simply kill him now?"

Nobuo's eyes bolted open as he spoke back to the voices that beckoned in his head, contemplatively, not aloud (since, you know, he didn't want to blow his cover). "You cannot say he's a thief. Look at him, he's just a student. Stop trying to spill cold blood on my hands, Heretic. We agreed, you would have the night to your every whims, I need to have the days in order to make income to sustain us-"

"You're an idiot as always, you know I sustain us more through power than you have ever done with loaves of bread."

Nobuo remained stoic, he had a much stronger grasp over his psyche during the day and was not willing to allow the Heretic to come about. Simply ignoring the voice as best he could he feigned a smile to the young man, completely trusting that he was an innocent student and nothing more. He didn't look that out of place, and in truth all Nobuo hoped was that he'd spare some change for the charity, for those less fortunate.

Lion raised an eyebrow as he came across two peculiar people, some kind of charity workers by the looks of it. While the female didn't interest him much, there was something about the man that was, well, it was difficult to describe. He was so different from the Heretic, and yet he appeared to be of the exact same height and overall figure - if he had to make a comparison, it was like Clark Kent to Superman. The man smiled to him, but it appeared to be somewhat forced. Yes, the duo were suspicious of each other, an invisible tension moving in the air. That alone was enough to confirm Lion's own suspicions.

While it seemed to be pretty unlikely looking at this man now, it actually wasn't that surprising when one thought about it. The Heretic was known to hate Magician Thieves, and the only natural counterpart to thievery was charity. Defiance at its finest. Upon realizing this, any doubts he may have had vanished.

After a passing silence, he decided that it would be best to do the right thing and comply to this work.

"Water Aid, was it? I wish you the best of luck with your goal." His expression revealing nothing about his inner thoughts, he reached into a pocket for his wallet before pulling out a few 10,000-yen banknotes and promptly giving them to the duo.

"...Spare change." He stated blankly, nodding politely before walking off.

As much as he wanted to follow them, it was too risky. 'Water Aid' was enough of a lead for him, and he'd research upon it after completing his mission here. From there, finding out the man's identity and arranging for his assassination shouldn't be too difficult.

Kaito smirked as he put the newspaper away, seeing a familiar face. Her name: Asaka Hayate...and yes, she WAS the daughter of Inspector Shino Hayate. The two had been best friends for a long time, since childhood in fact. And there was always one thing he loved to do...and that was use his skills as a magician to make her scared...not to the point of afraid of magic...rather...more of actually...just making her jump.

"O-Oh...hi Kaito...." Asaka said, seeing Kaito slowly walk up towards her.

Kaito simply smiled, with his hands behind his head. "Hi Asaka..."

This (2:37 - 3:12) was when he pushed his face closer to hers, just smiling. Then without warning, Kaito's head started....rotating. It fully rotated back, to face Asaka once more and...POP!!!! His neck sprung out and confetti and playing cards went everywhere, which made Asaka jump a bit.

"Oh now that's a nice view~" Kaito snickered, as he was standing on his hands, looking underneath Asaka's desk.

"K-K-Kai...KAITO!!!" Asaka said with a mad blush, gripping the desk.

"C'mon Asaka, don't be all like tha-" Kaito started, until he saw a set of books fly past him. "Um....too far?"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!" Asaka said, as she threw another book at Kaito, this time actually hitting his face...as he laid on the ground, groaning.

"H-Help...me..."

Aoikime looked at the clock checking the time, and finished up the current discussion before closing her book. "Make sure you all finish copying what I wrote on the board. As I promised yesterday, and due to you all scoring relatively well on the assigned quiz I'll give you the rest of the period for self study. You may get in groups, but try not to be too loud." The class cheered, except a few and all at once there was the scraping of desks as everyone maneuvered so they could talk. Aoikime sweatdropped, "Hey I said self study!" She was ignored which changed her sweatdrop to her familiar tick mark, "And I also said to not make a lot of noise!" Again she was ignored.

"Ugh, I give up." She groaned, leaning over the podium as she watched her students talk loudly. Some of them talked about their different classes, and tests. Others about games and made plans to hang out after school was over. "I'll be back, don't cause trouble." Aoikime said exiting her classroom and heading towards the rest room. However on the way there she saw another boy in the halls. Oddly enough Aoikime didn't recognize him, and with his features she was sure to be able to pick him out anywhere. He was tall - though when your 5 feet even everyone looks tall - with long gorgeous red hair and eyes. His eyes made her hesitate. They weren't normal, not the same as a typical teenager. Immense pain, and a degree of loneliness, but more than that she got the weird feeling. 'They look....Strangely familiar...' She thought, thinking of the magician from last night, but didn't linger on it. It was probably just her imagination. She offered a friendly smile, "Hey, you should be in class. Just because it's the last class don't skip it, it would be good if your parents found out their son is skipping." Aoikime didn't stay long due to the pressing matter of her needing a bathroom.

Lion gave her a blank look in return. There was something about this woman that was familiar, but it wasn't easy to place it. Like before with the charity worker-who-was-supposedly-the-Heretic, there was a small amount of tension in the air. Barely noticeable, but still. It was after she spoke that he finally managed to figure out why he felt this way - this teacher, her voice was most definitely the same as the catwoman magician from last night; Mirage. Of course, it could be a coincidence. There were plenty of people in this world with similar voices, after all. [color=#008080]"I'm Lion, an exchange student from Ireland, simply taking a tour on my own."[/color] He explained, but it seemed like the teacher didn't wait for his response as she headed off to the bathroom. [color=#008080][i]Hm.[/i][/color] Tilting his head in thought, he shrugged it off before walking away. There was something bigger on his mind anyway - [i]where was Kaitou Kid?[/i] He'd analyzed nearly everyone in this building already, taking a glance into each glass and absorbing the details of each student and teacher. None of them really matched. This was starting to seem like an impossible task. His attention was caught suddenly as a few books came flying after him. A female student was mercilessly throwing books at a male student who shared an extremely uncanny resemblance to Kaitou Kid, what with hair color, height, tone... ...but then a book slammed straight into his face and threw him to the ground, groaning in agony as he begged for help. ... Nah. Couldn't be him. There was no way Kaitou Kid would be such a wimp. Losing interest, Lion walked further off.

Nobuo and his companion both bowed with gratitude to Lion's generosity. Offering a zealous thank you, too, they appreciated the contribution. Nobuo's forced smile turned into a genuine one when he realized that, well, kids these days really did care about those less fortunate than themselves. It warmed his heart to think that this shining example of basic human kindness wouldn't vanish from this world, no matter how much time had passed nor how much society itself had changed. Afterwards they watched the chap walk off, he did seem a little too cool for his shirt, but even so he donated to a good cause. That was enough for Nobuo to write him off in his books as a Magician Thief.

Soon, as the pair of them continued to walk around the corridors of the High School they found the boy again, who was talking to a rather short girl. Nobuo towered over her. It was when she began to speak which made him realize she was actually a teacher at the school. This brought out an inward chuckle to Nobuo, he wouldn't have expected her to be a teacher, but then again her height did not make her any less professional. Albeit height does act as a contributing factor towards one's command over a classroom, he assumed that she managed her job fine.

As the exchange student, Lion, walked off, the charity worker and Nobuo approached the teacher. The worker with her beaming smile looked to her and began to broadcast their little campaign, akin to how she had done so to earn a donation from Lion, the name of which was suspicious, perhaps cheesy and completely unrelated to the notion of an Irish student at least to Nobuo's knowledge, which only went to further Heretic's desire to kill the boy which, thanks to the daylight, Nobuo managed to suppress. For the moment now, though, he decided to glance over at this teacher.

Nobuo couldn't recognize her, not at all. He had not met her before, most certainly not last night. That did not mean, however, he couldn't feel some form of magic radiate from her. It was similar to that of Kaito Kid's own, perhaps the ace? In fact it was this sensation which lead Heretic to suspect Lion of his affiliations, and it was this power that was familiar to him. However he remained silent and let his charity worker companion do all the talking. It was not safe to speak yet when one's voice might be so easily detected, even if Heretic's voice was somewhat distorted to Nobuo's own voice. The slightest association leads to a suspicion, which in turn can lead to a messy trail of breadcrumbs.

Dean spent the first hour of the school day relaxing in his office, leaning back on his chair and staring at the ceiling, pondering the night befrore.

~

He had refused the man's drink, noting that the two seemed to contrast already - Dean's smoke's to the Red Mage's drink, Dean's subtlety to the Mage's flamboyance, or so it would seem. It made a smile creep onto Dean's lips as he remembered the night. He had, of course, refused to give out any identity, and his fedora should've masked his identity enough to prevent recognision on the street. He didn't even have an alias to give out, so merely went with "I'm nobody; nobody worth mentioning, at any rate."

They had conversed for a little while, giving their speculation on each other the assembled thieves and mused on the incompetance of the police force in the city, before noting that the sirens outside were getting louder, leaving Dean to suggest they evacuate the vicinity, to which the mage seemed to agree; neither desiring the unmasking of their identity nor a capture by the authorities.

Dean had nodded his goodbye to the man, tilting his hat forward a little, before casually striding towards one of the back fire exits, opening the door onto a pair of police officers, their guns instantly moving to his face. He said but a few words to be utterly ignored, blanked, as if forgotten about. And with that, he strolled past the two and moved towards the city, veering his way quickly towards his apartment.

~

He swivelled his chair around, planting his feet on the ground rather than the desk, and looked towards the clock above his office door, signalling the start of the next period of lessons, one in which he indeed had a class to teach, though they were hardly the most challenging lot. Not that many classes were when it came to 'Thompson-sensei's teaching. Besides, it was only homeroom; he barely needed to do any work anyway. 

He groaned for a moment at the need to rise before he pushed himself from the seat, stuffing a glove on his desk into his pocket as he left the room, locking it behind him for safe measure.

He walked through the school halls casually, following the crowds of students where they needed to go, being led co-incidentally to his next and last lesson of the day. Most of the teachers and a lot of the students greeted him friendly enough as he walked past, and he gave each one a polite nod in return, not really bother to analyze as much as he would in public, for he was already aware of most of their personal lives anyway. Aki was a lesbian, though she had yet to tell her boyfriend Mitsuo yet; though it should've been obvious to him by the way she talked to her friend Kaori anyway. Hisako actually hated Minori, but refused to say because naivé Minori was quite wealthy. And Katashi had started smoking more than tobacco; something Dean would have to confront the 'hard man' boy about - there weren't going to be Yakuzu blokes in Dean's school.

Not that it mattered much for now anyway, Dean thought as he entered the homeroom, confronted with a full class that had already begun to socialize, and use the class as basically a free period.
"Hayate-san." Dean called as he fell into his chair, rotating the chair almost 3 quarters of a circle, enough of an angle so that when he stopped, his feet were resting on the desk comfortably and he could lean backwards in his chair to relax. His head was tilted slightly to th side so he could peer at the young pair. "Try not to hurt him too much. As fun as it is watching mr Asano get punished for his perversion, I'd hate to have to use my position of power against you." Dean said, grinning slightly as he stared up to the ceiling.

"Dont let him get away with it though. Perhaps throw 'Trigonometry; 3 sides to the story' at him; if he's lucky, the knowledge will seep out of the page and into his brain before the quiz tomorrow." He added, tilting his head again and giving a wink.

As he did so, he caught a glance out of the room's door, spotting an odd young man stood in the hall outside. Someone he had never seen before, a strange man with long red hair and eyes; very unusual colourings that Dean would've expected to be fake, though they were very convincing.

Of course, his hair was not the particular trait of the boy that intrigued Dean - many students came to school with strange hair styles and various colourings - it was more of the boy's demeanour that intrigued him. Or lack there-of. He came across as blank. There was nothing, nothing about the way he held himself, the way he walked that betrayed a glimpse of him. Nothing more than a robot trying to feign curiousity. Dean would have to make a note of this kid; not that he was likely to be forgotten in a hurry.

"I'm Lion, an exchange student from-" That was all Aoikime had heard as she walked away quite rudely. Though she didn't exactly mean to be rude she just really had to go pee. Well that phrase wasn't very ladylike. Even so she scolded herself for being rude to the student and made sure remember to apologize to him if she met him again, which she most likely will since he wasn't a very hard to miss student. Aoikime didn't get far before she stopped yet again, this time due to the other party. It was a very tall, handsome middle aged man. The was he was dressed effectively showed off his physique, when was highly impressive since she would have pegged him to be at least 40. 'I wonder what he does in his spare time...Maybe my dad can get some tips. He just looks like some old geezer, though I probably shouldn't tell him I thought that.' In one hand was a blazer thrown casually over his shoulder and the other held a bucket. Beside him was a fairly attractive woman, who smiled and began telling the young teacher about their purpose for being there.

'Ah great, am I ever going to be able to get relief?' Aoikime though, as she listened to the lady politely. When the lady was finished Aoikime smiled, "I don't mind, anything to help." She reached into her pocket fishing out her wallet. She pulled out 2,000 yen handing it to the male, considering he had the bucket. "I'm sorry I can't give you more but that's all I can spare to give. Now if you both would excuse me, I'm in a hurry." This time politely excusing herself with a small bow, she walked off. This time making it to the restroom without any interruptions. After which she returned to the class, sitting at her desk which was in the front corner of the room rather than the center.

She returned to silently watching the student's have free reign before one of the student's spoke up, "Chibiyo-sensei, what do you think about that Kaito Kid guy?"

Aoikime's eyes widened, "Wh-what? Himano-Kun, why would you ask that?"

"We were talking about that big heist last night and we wanted your opinion on it. It Was Nasahara-chan's idea." Aoikime passed the young girl a dry look, but none the less considered the question. "Well...I guess I think he's a pretty skilled guy. I mean he managed to escape those police officers last night. Cleaver, quick and probably a prankster considering he threw them all for a look with that fake cal-Gwa!" Some of the students looked at her weirdly for making such a strange sound. 'Need to be careful with what I say. Doubt anyone in here would find that weird but you could never be too careful.'

"Well I think he'd be pretty hot!" One of the girls squealed. "Thieves have that sexy mystery about them. Ahhh~, he can come snatch me up any time." After than sentence every girl, besides Nasahara, sighed dreamily. Aoikime laughed, "I guess there is a certain level of attractiveness when there is mystery and danger surrounding an individual, but don't you think someone like Kaito Kid would have someone he likes already?" 

All of the girls gave shouts of protest, declaring that they would steal the Kaito Kid's heart. Aoikime just laughed. "Weren't there other's there?"

"Yeah, a rose was left so that means the Lonesome Rose appeared-" At the mention of the Lonesome Rose yet another round of excited chatter from her female student's formed. "Some people said Heretic was there too."

'There were quite a few people there actually...No doubt it was due to Kaito Kid's return. The boy ruined it for me. I could have been in and back out in no time at all.' She thought a frown on her small face. Heretic might not have shown up either, but she couldn't have been too sure. Even so, she had never had the misfortune of running into any other magician thieves. The reason being whenever she had a target she made sure that she avoided the other thieves. It would be troublesome to have to fight over the item, and Aoikime just didn't like have to get her hands too dirty. Though, because of that she had to give up on a few items but there were always more, and thanks to her benefactors even gems outside of the state weren't off limits to her. Thinking of last night had her again wondering about that Magician Lion fellow, and then the boy she ran into only moments ago. It was strange that both of them introduced themselves as Lion to her. Normally she wouldn't have bothered with it, since it wasn't unnatural that people shared the same names. However, Lion was a strange name to a teenager to go by. 'Well he said he was a transfer student...Maybe his files are in the shokuin shitsu already....Ugh, look at me I sound like a creep. For all I know it could be some weird nickname.'

"Mirage was probably there too. I wonder what outfit she was wearing this time." Hearing that Aoikime's eye twitched as she suddenly realized that her thief persona was probably the star of some of her student's wet dreams. "I heard that there is a website you can go on and put your ideas in of what outfit she should wear. I voted for a cat-"

"What website is this!!" Aoikime suddenly shouted, her entire face red in embarrassment. Suddenly remembering herself, but no less embarrassed she coughed, "I-i mean uh, y-you shouldn't e-encourage that kind of stuff."

"Chibiyo-Sensei you're so cute!" Hara laughed. "I bet you would look cute in a cat suit." As her student's continued to laugh, Aoikime just sat back down and crossed her arms like a pouting child. Which only made her class laugh harder. 'Curse this short stature of mine!'

Satou leaned back in his booth as he downed the rest of his glass. He had spent the last half hour or so sitting there while going over the previous nights events. The skills that each of the Magician Thieves displayed and the way they acted were of course the most important events he witnessed. It was already decided that Heretic was by far the most dangerous due to his violent nature, and thus was to be avoided at all costs. Of course, the authorities were important as well. Though their display of incompetence was more amusing than anything else. A chuckle escaped his lips as he remembered them running about.

The man he spoke to though was by far the most interesting event. He had denied the offer of his drink much as he had denied his offer of a smoke. He was also a bit more subtle about his ways. It was quite apparent they were quite opposite...yet so similar. While the man had simply walked out quietly, Satou had decided to use the front door. The many possibilities concerning the unknown man began running through his head. Of course, he had no way of contacting the man. No discernible features, no name, nothing.

Satou shrugged as he turned his attention to the bartender and raised his glass. "Bartender! Another glass if you don't mind good sir!" He would just have to meet him at another heist then. 

Time slowly passed at Nakama High, but thankfully class was over. Kaito made his trek home, thinking about Amon's Diamond. Heh, that might make a better score than what the other two I missed were gonna have offered! he thought with an excited grin on his face.

~Later that Evening~

"INSPECTOR SHINO!! It's Kid! He sent his next notice!!" an officer said, holding an letter in his hand, before Shino snatched it from his hand.

"What's he going for this time?" Shino asked, as he opened the notice.

[spoiler=Kaitou Kid's Notice]

Detective Conan Movie 3 OST ~ Kid's Notice

They say third times the charm, don't they Inspector? My eye's have been set on a brand new target, care to stop me?

Tomorrow night, at 11:20 PM, I will steal Amon's Diamond.

kaito_kid__s_signature_by_kaitokid1412xd[/spoiler]

"Amon's Diamond...MEN! We're getting security guarding the Nakama Hotel, making sure we have enough man power for tomorrow night!!" Inspector Shino said, as he put the notice in his pocket.

Like a wildfire, the news began to broadcast the heist plan that Kaitou Kid brought forth. "Tomorrow, Nakama City will be on edge to see if the Modern Day Arsen Lupin: Kaitou Kid will be stealing the new display at the Nakama Hotel, Amon's Diamond."

However, because of this...THEY found out about it.

Detective Conan OST ~ Black Organization

"Ya hear that Oni..."

"Indeed, Jirou..." Oni replied, as he reached for his gun. "We still have that email we sent him before...send it to him again. Well see if the Phantom Thief decides to steal this jewel now."

Azami watched the news flicker dully on the TV in front of her. And according to a source within the police department, is said that the Kid will strike again... Azami turned up the volume listening intently on what the newscaster was saying. Apparently, the Kaitou Kid would be making an appearance tomorrow night. He was going after the Amon's Diamond, just as she had planned to do. Looks like we will be meeting again, Kid. This time, I won't be so nice. A smile formed on Azami's lips, a smile without mirth, a smile filled with the lust for blood.

[hr]

Takeshi snored heavily, his face pressed flat against the desk in front of him. Drool spilled out of his mouth, causing quite the embarrassing mess if anyone would walk into his room. The page pulled up on the screen revealed a news article, one showing the details of the notice that the Kaitou Kid had dropped. Having not gotten much sleep in the past day, Takeshi had passed out, reading the article. Beside his unmoving hand, a small note pad sat. Scribbled on it were a few words.

Amon's Diamond

23:20

"Tomorrow, Nakama City will be on edge to see if the Modern Day Arsen Lupin: Kaitou Kid will be stealing the new display at the Nakama Hotel, Amon's Diamond."

Kaito simply relaxed on the couch, seeing how things were progressing so far. "Heh, Inspector Shino must be flippin out right now. And, if I know the turnout that happened on my second heist, the other thieves will be there too. So meaning...time to read up on a few of these figures. Mainly that Heretic guy..." he said, as he walked from the living room, and proceeded to his father's "secret Kaitou Kid lair."

~*~*~*~*~

Kaito spent most of the night, reading old newspaper clippings and even notes that his dad collected over the years. And from what he gathered, Heretic, was the most...if not the BIGGEST...roadblock in the first Kid's way. Well dad, guess I'm living in your footsteps after all...almost got lightning shocked by that psycho. he thought, as he put the notes down, as he heard a faint PING from an old computer.

You have a message....

"A message? From who...?" Kaito asked as he moved towards the computer and opened the message. And as he read each word, his reaction went from surprised, to shocked...to even rage.

[spoiler=To Kaitou Kid]

Surprised you survived our little assault, Kid...

Took you thirteen years to finally show yourself again? I would've thought our last run in would've told you to retire permanently....

You make the heist tomorrow...and I'll make sure your won't come back.

Oni

[/spoiler]

"Oni..." Kaito mumbled, as he leaned back in his chair. "Dad...who the hell is this guy??"

[hr]

Tuesday ~ July 10th ~ 11:20 PM

The night of the heist arrived, and the Nakama Hotel was in full panic, even though they outfitted the building with very expensive security measures. Inspector Shino stood in the room, where the guards were ample: the display room for Amon's Diamond. However, he held another in his hand, smirking.

"Mr. Jeiku, Kid or the any other thieves will be finding out about our small 'present'. You see, this is an almost identical replica...however...we have a police tracker on it." Shino said laughing, as he switched the gems, as he held the real gem.

"A-A brilliant idea, Inspector!" Mr. Jeiku said, clasping his hands with a smile.

"Just try it Kid! Your gonna lose tonight!!"

~*~*~*~*~*~

Under the moonlit skies, Kaito stood on a separate building's roof as he stared at the Nakama Hotel. He sighed as he smirked slightly. "Dad...please tell me meeting these guys will be worth it...mainly to find out the connection they have to Kaitou Kid" he said, as he took Kaitou Kid's fedora, and reached into it, pulling out a white cloth, as he moved it over himself. Within a split second, Kaito was now Kaitou Kid.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Kid smirked, as he said this. "Thank you for your patience...now...LET'S START THE SHOW!!" Kaitou Kid smirked once more as he ran towards the edge of the roof, and jumped off, doing a slight flip. The rush he felt as he began to freefall from the building, as his hang-glider cape activated and flew straight to the hotel.

The dark skies above were given straight to the Heretic. Nobuo gave his alter ego no resistance and succumbed to his urges without a fight. He stood by his word and gave the night to the monstrous psychopath, simply to save him the hassle of struggling the advances and to save the Heretic from conjuring words that'd convince Nobuo to give into the thirst. As such, Heretic walked through the streets of Nakama this evening, in his usual garb. He was on the hunt, this time not for a jewel to keep it from the hands of the sinners, but simply thieves. Eager to bring at least one of them to justice, his justice, he kept a look out for on-goings.

It was by crossing a TV-Store when he caught wind of the Kid's newest antic. With his sadistic smirk he watched closely as the broadcast gave him just what he needed to know. Gradually the televisions began to malfunction, one by one each turning off or short-circuiting, with Heretic grinning at the sight when exerting his electrical pressure. "Ah, and so we find the gallant fool prancing in broad daylight, hoping that his charm will keep him from harm. I think it is about time I proved to him once and for all that no-one is immune from the hand of justice." Bringing his hand into his sight he clenched it, a spark of electricity bolting through his arm. "No-one."

The Heretic caught sight of Kaito's flight and didn't enjoy the sight. He scowled, and charged a bolt of lightning in his hand. "It is best to crush the insect before they have a chance to fester." He taunted, before firing the bolt straight towards Kaito. Knowing, though, that this would bring attention to himself, he promptly hid himself into the alleys, the spaces wedged between the buildings. Taking brief security in them he began to pursuit the Kid and climb the fire escapes on the buildings, grinning softly as he scanned the environment.

He began to charge his muscles with large pulses of lightning, enabling himself to bolt from roof to roof with a mighty leap. Albeit, the recovery of each leap was somewhat hefty, but he'd keep on the tail of the Kid, at least for now.

Takeshi yawned deeply. He hadn't had much sleep since his last heist, when he had met up with the Kaitou Kid. He only wished he could talk to the guy. If he had one of the Merlin's Suits, then they definitely needed to have a conversation. Takeshi had made a promise to himself to collect the whole set, and if that Kaitou Kid wouldn't even talk, then he was just going to have to resort to other methods. There was no holding back this time. 

Prior to his waiting out, Takeshi had staked out the scene. Using his meager funds he had gotten a room at the hotel, and was eager for the show to start. While it was true that the Amon's Diamond was beautiful, perhaps even more beautiful than the topaz that he had missed out on the other night, it was not to be the prize tonight. Tonight he would steal a few words from the Kid's mouth, and if that didn't work well then he was just going to have to take something of more value.

On the roof, Takeshi looked out across the city. Lights and sounds everywhere. It was no wonder that there were so many Magician Thieves here. There was too many tempting items to steal. As he scanned the city, he saw a flash of movement, quickly followed by another. Looking closely, he targeted the source of movement. A person on what seemed to be a glider was being followed by a person that was leaping from building to building. It looked as if the heists were beginning.

Leaping over the side of the building, Takeshi grabbed onto one of the fire escapes, riding it down to the third floor window where his room was. Clambering into the open window, he dashed across the sparsely furnished room and into the hotel's main lobby. He had forgone any sort of attire, only taking his sword, disguised as a cane. His mask was in his back pocket, should the need arise. One way or another, Takeshi would catch his man tonight.

[hr]

Azami sat perched in the ventilation system. Sweat coated her brow, but she dared not wipe it away. The slightest movement could cause the metal ventilation shaft to groan in protest, alerting the officers below to her presence. Her eyes peeked out from the slotted grate, focusing on the protected diamond as well as the number of policemen that occupied the room. She listened intently to their words. "You see, this is an almost identical replica...however...we have a police tracker on it." 

A dark looked passed Azami's face. A replica? Then her efforts for the night would not prove fruitful. There is always blood. The voice hissed in her mind. She hadn't heard where it came from, but knew that she had heard it. Figuring that it was just her own thoughts. She nodded. Always blood. This time the voice seemed to be a mixture of her own and the hissing. 

The previous day

After school had let out Aoikime, as always, walked back home with Kiyomi Nasahara. The very same Nasahara that was in her class not too long ago. Most people would find it weird that these two would be so close to one another, and when they were together Aoikime looked just like any other high schooler. In fact Kiyomi was a bit taller than herself. The two walked for a bit, and after turning a corner there was a black car waiting for the two. Aoikime smiled, "You always know how to get around in style."

A tall man exited the car and greeted them, "Even Nasahara-Sama. Kishiyo-Sama." After a small bow he opened the back door for them. 

"Alright look here." Kiyomi said once the two were saftey of the car. "I already found our next target." As she was saying this she pulled out a laptop, and opening it in order to show it.

"Wow that was fast." Aoikime smirked, "Definately an A+ effort. Alright give me the details."

"The target will be the Amon's Diamond." She pulled up some pictures of the item, and following it were the blueprints for the building it was being held in as well as the diamond's location. "Nakama Hotel will be holding an exhibit for the diamond, and considering it's rareity there will be quite the police force around. Also," Kiyomi pulled up a few more files, "I suspect that you won't be alone. Like I said Amon's Diamond is considerably rare and with Kaito Kid's return he'll no doubt come after it. Especially after his failed attempt for the necklace before. And with Kaito's arrival-"

"The other magician's will come flocking." Aoikime finished. "Great. Well this time I won't be standing on the sidelines. I'm taking this Diamond. I can't have this kid come in and giving the Nasahara thieving tradition a bad name."

Kiyomi smiled, "You'll succeed this time Aoi. Trust me. I even have a new gadget for you that'll give us some added visuals. I'll debrief you on the rest once we get to the house."

"And after your homework is done." Aoikime laughed when Kiyomi rolled her eyes. Later that night, just as Kiyomi predicted, Kaito Kid sent out his next notice of his plan to steal the Amon's Diamond.

Night of the heist

A woman with long blond hair, and shining green eyes smiled as she placed her suitcase on the bed. "Alright let's see what you got for me today." Once seeing the contents of the suitcase the woman facepalmed. "Dear god, this is even worse. I think I would have preferred the cat suit." Upon those words the woman reached up to her hair a pulled it off revealing it was only a wig. After taking the two green contacts out it was quickly know that the woman was Mirage as seen by her multicolored eyes. Under the use of a disguise, K had booked a room for a foreign woman for a single night. It was really handy when your partner in crime had the vast amount of connections that her's did. Ignoring the outfit for now she reached for the ear piece placing it on - but it was small enough to be discreet when covered by her hair. 

"K, can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear." K laughed on the other side, "So how do you like the outfit for tonight? It was really popular on the website." Miragi scowled, and K laughed more. "Come on don't be like that. It's cute."

"Can we get to the details please." Mirage sighed while she begrudgingly put on her new outfit. Looking at herself in the mirror she sighed. Just as her luck would have it, it was a maid costume with a few alterations. For starters there weren't any sleeves so the puffy stuff wasn't there, but to make it worse there was a cute little bow tie. For the bottom half the dress part wasn't much of a dress, since it was cut short - like a skirt - for practical purposes. Mirage also had black stockings with black flats. The color scheme was of course black, with small bits of color,but mostly black seeing as she didn't want to bring too much attention to herself. Cause it was totally normal for a woman dressed up like a maid to be trying to steal the Amon's Diamond. "Alright, listen up. All of the players are starting to show up, so I suggest you move as quickly as possible."

"That's an understatement. Any new information for me?" 

"No, not at the moment. Though I'll keep an eye on the monitors. Speaking of which, my new toy is in the top left compartment." Following the instructions, Mirage opened the small compartment and pulled out a small rectangular case that had two contacts in them. "Contacts? That's your big reveal?" Mirage just knew K was rolling her eyes on the other end, "They are much more than that. While you're wearing these you can switch through different fields of vision. Check this out, it's even voice activated. There's night vision, inferred vision, Scope vision, and you can even give me a visual through them. It's pretty cool."

Mirage smirked, putting them on. "I must say, you really out did yourself this time."

"If you want to activate it say 'activate'. Then say the name of the vision you want to use. To stop using it say 'deactivate'. I though I would keep it simple for you." Mirage chuckled, "Thanks." K then continued saying, "But be careful when you're using it. Human eyes are't accustom to those types of things, so if you over use it you could damage your eyes. Also if you feel your eyes burning take them off."

"Can I ask why?"

"That means the contacts are about to short circuit and explode." Mirage shook her head, "Well that makes me feel safe. Alright enough of this chitter-chatter," She grinned, "Let's go get us a diamond." Turning herself invisible she soon slipped out the room and made her way towards the Diamond.

Earlier, there had been an unfortunate accident with one of the police members, calling for the emergency transfer of a ridiculously young police officer called 'Shion' from a nearby sector. Actually, he looked younger than that, but all the details of his identity seemed to be all there, plus (a forged) confirmation from Headquarters, so why question it? Besides, it might've bee rude to ask the redhead about it.

There he stood, with several other guards in front of the diamond. Now all he needed to do was knock them all out and-

"Mr. Jeiku, Kid or the any other thieves will be finding out about our small 'present'. You see, this is an almost identical replica...however...we have a police tracker on it."

Why did he say that in front of all the guards? Lion couldn't tell. In any case, he decided to abort his plan to steal the Amon's Diamond for now. Instead, he would use it as bait to bring Kaitou Kid out. The white thief would instantly assume him to be an easy picking, and he'd use that chance in that moment of underestimation to blind and swipe the Emerald Spade off him.

"What's wrong, Shion? Nervous?" Another guard joked, noticing his strange behavior. "This is your first time on the job, isn't it? I have no idea why they put you here, but once the Magician Thieves show up, just follow our lead."

"R- r- right." He stuttered, maintaining a look of innocence. "I- I'll try my best! They won't get past me! Never!"

Then, something caught his eye from above as he looked up. He was experienced in things like this, and had studied every possible entry and trick a thief could make. Right now, the ventilation system was the quickest possible route in. Although this target was too dark to identify, he must've been lying in wait there for a while. But he wasn't wearing white - so it looked like another thief had beaten Kaitou Kid to the punch.

"Inspector! UP THERE! There's a Magician's Thief! I- I think he heard you!"

Pointing upwards at the slotted grate, he blew the thief's cover without any hesitation.

Kaitou Kid soared under the night sky, until out of the corner of his eye, he saw a lightning bolt hurled towards him. Oh sh-!! he thought, as his hang-glider cape reverted to a normal cape (at his command) as he fell out of the way. As soon as he was out of the way, he made his cape return to the hang-glider, as he returned to soaring. Well I can cross Heretic off the list of psychos that will be there tonight. he thought, sighing a bit.

On his way, he noticed another thief entering through the vents on the roof of the hotel. Sure enough, he remembered the lady: the one he was hitting on during his second heist, Azami. Well, she's here too! Kaitou Kid thought, as he landed near the roof, his cape returning to normal. Either way, better hurry up and snag Amon's Diamond before too many people get here. With that, he moved into a different window, away from Lion and the security guards, and entered the building.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Inspector! UP THERE! There's a Magician's Thief! I- I think he heard you!"

"N-NANI?!" Inspector Shino exclaimed, turning towards Lion, seeing the thief above them. Sure enough, it wasn't Kid...but then again...he didn't need that to be told to Kid either. "You there! Stop where you are and turn yourself in quietly!!" he said, having a few of his men pull out their guns.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, on the streets of Nakama City, by the hotel...Jirou stood in an alleyway, as he watched the Phantom Thief make his stop on the roof. "The Phantom Thief has arrived." he whispered into a walkie talkie.

"Obviously he doesn't know when to quit. Get everyone to the roof. I'll be with you shortly. Oni...out."

Heretic continued his act, bolting forwards from building to building to keep up with Kaito. He hadn't an idea where he was heading, but would follow the thief like a bloodhound to some juicy steak. Eyes locked, bolted onto the Kid he made sure to keep his glider in his line of sight at all times, only moving his gaze to aid his jumps. Though he did need to recharge himself, he simply fed from a generator on top of apartment complexes nearby that would be enough to sustain him through the remainder of the night, so long as he didn't use any expensive techniques in an attempt to annihilate whatever stood in his path, of course.

It had seemed that Kaito sneaked into the Hotel building. This was understandable, but Heretic wasn't as acrobatic as these other thieves. No, he was getting old, and simply made his way to the entrance on the roof top, punching the lock and destroying it thanks to an electrically charged fist. With that he threw the door open and began to make his way down the stairs, in search of the Kaito Kid, in search of any thief, really. He was going out for some blood tonight, and wouldn't leave without his fair share of the violence that can ensue when using this kind of intense magic.

So, gradually making his pace to the room that yielded Amon's Diamond, Heretic did little to cover his tracks. He'd just fire bolts of vicious lightning at whoever tried to stop him. Easy enough.

Archived