YCM SOTW #6 - Anime

Night

Which signature do you think is the best?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which signature do you think is the best?

Voted for #4. I was incredibly close to using that exact same render myself. I thought, DOUBLE FOCAL, and shied away from it. However, using it in a more LP-style is quite fabulous. Inversion is clever. While the execution isn't perfect, it's well done for a really under-used technique. Good job. Have an inkling on who it is; thought it was Catman for a bit. I quickly have come to my own conclusion though.

Other notes: #1 is using text in an incredibly similar way to a tag I did once. Virtually identical: same two fonts and coloured circles in decreasing saturation. Seriously freaked me out for a bit. Love the smudging, albeit a bit rough.

#5 has a really nice atmosphere too. Well done to the others too; all in all, a good batch.

Oh god... 1. No, 2. Wait, wait, 3. Nope, 4. I'm going for 2 4.

My vote goes to (so hard to choose) 4. That use of inverse just works so well, especially with Spirited Away as the theme.

I love 2, too. And 3... and 1.

I vote for entry.... um...
FFF-
I love them all. S:
Um. I'm really tied between 3 and 4.
Blargh.
Um.
I like the immediate feel of entry 3 so much, but after I consider everything, I would have to vote for 4.
The invert use is just smexy, and the depth is orgasmic. X3
I know who made entry 4, and I have love-hate him. >3>

Some people aren't posting their vote reasons. S: This is why I think a poll system is bad, because you can just vote without reason. S:

I'm sad. I thought I did well, but I was outdone in this one. D:

EDIT: FFF-

I am sad now.

I didn't (highlight white text for a spoiler): even get one vote! ;-;

1. W440zkd.png

Phenomenal. Honestly, if I didn't know any better I would have thought that this were done by 2012 Raibread. If this were done for the nostalgia theme, I'd probably have to rig it so that you're forced to win.

I absolutely adore the lighting and atmo here, the little specs accent the piece so amazingly well. 

Would have chosen this one as my favorite but alas the smudge is a bit sloppy. 

6. Accelerator_zps0a49bc89.jpg

Depth/Flow is quite brash and unorthodox but it honestly just adds to the momentum and overall motion of the piece. 

The lighting is implied but not carried out too great, overall I still think it's great. 

Well done.

Archived