6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun!

[spoiler=Card Requirement]

Create a monster that can act as an equip card

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

StrikerJet-Eagle.png?t=1372818017

You can destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap Card on your side of the field: Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Striker Jet - Eagle" once per turn. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard: You can equip this card in your Graveyard to a face-up monster you control. If the equipped monster would be destroyed: You can banish this equipped card; activate 1 of the following effects:
●The equipped monster is not destroyed and gains 400 ATK points.
●Attach the monster that would be destroyed to a face-up Xyz Monster, instead. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

r7gf.png

Effect:

You can Set this card from your hand to your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Trap Card. When a monster your opponent controls selects 1 of your monsters as an attack target while this card is Set as a Trap Card: You can flip this card face-up; negate the attack, then equip this card to the attacking monster. The equipped monster cannot attack and has its effects negated. During your Main Phase: You can discard 1 card; send this card to the Graveyard, then take control of the monster this card was equipped with until the End Phase.

[/spoiler]

How about something along the lines of making a monster that can act as an equip card? I'll try to have my card in by Wednesday, since I'm out for today and most of tomorrow, but we'll see. Good Luck. :3

Love that idea! Don't worry too much about the card. The due date can be extended. Good luck to you as well! :D

Card A:

The Special Summoning effect is somewhat steep, but the fact it doesn't need to be Special Summoned helps this. The way it equips to a monster is very nice, and in my eyes thoughtful. I was expecting to see some random Union-esque monster that is bland, but this monster promotes making Xyz Plays and furthering into the game and sees its Equip Effect as a "I've done all I can, time to push my limits.: sort of thing, in my eyes. I really like it. The stats lack, but that is fine. Monk/Goblindbergh/etc. making instant Xyz Plays with this card while also giving that card (or others) a free destruction shield (which in my eyes will be the more common effect), but it is also nice that it has a second choice.

Card B:

I really like the one time only negation of an attack, and the option to turn a card into a Change of Heart. It is a very balanced, slow creature steal that is both creative and playable. You called it a Parasitic being, though it doesn't really stip anything from its host and willingly leaves after infecting/attaching to a host, so I don't really see too much flavor going on here (open for arguement, but this statement hardly sways my vote).

Overall, while I like that balanced creature stealing was achieved in the second card, I appreciate the creativity and design in Card A better. Both had very interesting ways to get onto a monster, but I felt the approach Card A took was more unique in design then Card B (though Card B was original, too, mind you), and overall is probably more geared towards a strategy. Card B, while good, is moreso a solo, on your own type of card. While individuality is great, I always tilt my hand towards a card that has combo oppurtunities and is overall more interesting to use as a whole. Card A encourages the use of making those big, fun plays and increases player interaction more then Card B does, and thus has my vote.

#CardA

As Therrion says, Card A is a nice idea, promoting Xyz-centric combos which give the Xyzs summoned a nice boost in the form of an extra life. As for its SS condition, it's nice, and albeit being somewhat situational, can give you a nice opportunity at some point. Overall, a solid card, however, I just find it to be a little underwhelming due to its relying on other cards to use effectively.

As for Card B, I find it to be very creative, essentially a monster trap (as opposed to a trap monster). And its effect is basically a slightly situational, balanced Change of Heart that requires time to use, but can double as a Fiendish Chain until its ready to be used. And flavor-wise, I like it as well, since I find that it does fulfill its purpose of infecting the opponent then brainwashing it slowly.

I like both cards, but I feel that Card B is slightly more effective in doing its desired role, since its versatility isn't hindered by its dependence on other cards. Close, but I vote Card B.

Thank you both for your votes! I am not saying one way or another if this is true, or if it isn't. But it seems like to me that Card A could be designed to perhaps help out Noble Knights a bit with its first effect. 

1-1 Keep the votes coming!

While Card A is pretty imaginative, and no offense to it's overall concept; I just see it as being a little wonky. Mostly due to the fact that equipping it will require you to jump through hoops, and the 2nd effect of it will hardly see any play. Although, the bonus 400 ATK from it is always nice, and the fact you can use it to regenerate Xyz Materials is pretty cool.

Card B, you can at least play it right away and it can establish what it's meant to do without limiting it's playability all that much. Also turning any card in your hand into a Change of Heart that the Opponent willingly set off makes for a hilarious mind-game. Well, more-so then Trago, since it won't be as expected as much due to the fact they could Storm/Typhoon it ahead of time, and not think much of it.

Overall, I just like card B more; It gets my vote.

Card A is kinda difficult to use, but is definitely interesting and promotes a bit more player interaction and strategy, which is nice. The creativity is pretty cool as well, never would have thought to do it like that. As Arm said, you have to jump through a few hoops, but it could pay off if you do it right. I have never liked taking control of opponent's monsters, I have always found it cheap and dumb game mechanic. Why should you get to steal what someone else brought out? Despite my feelings, the card does do what it needs to do in a balanced way.

Both cards serve the uses, and both are relatively creative, although Card A is more creative, if not somewhat slower in my opinion. It is kinda a difficult choice, but I think I am going to have to go with Card A.

Card B definitely has a bit more speed, but Card A's originality and creativity is pretty nice as well. As Arm said, it is kinda wonky, but could open up for some powerful plays if you need some overlay materials, or just a stronger monster with the 400 ATK gain. There is a little work you have to go through to get it, but could pay off in the end. Card B offers a bit more competitiveness over Card A over all. But as Renegade said, it could be used in Noble Knight deck to destroy equip spells, then get them back as well as get this guy out, offering a pretty much free rank 4. Definitely fits in to a higher strategy than Card B, and I like cards that offer more strategy and player interaction. Card B does however achieve balanced monster control, and it isn't nearly as bad as Gawayn makes it sound because it returns during the End Phase. Of course it will probably be used as Xyz Material or something along that lines. I think I am going to go with Card A, but definitely was a close choice. 

Kinda surprised that I won, and obviously it was a close call at 3-2. I think Zextra and I both can agree that the cards were not the best of our works, although I would have voted against myself here. I for one find that my card was severely lacking in playability, but won't argue with you guys, lol. Thanks Zextra for having that rematch with me! Hope we can do it again sometime this season, as I predicted, a nailbiter as well as heart attack inducing! Great game, and thank you all for voting. 

Archived