[Leaderboard] Zazu VS Zanda Panda (Finished)

Zazubat

1 .Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (July 9th) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed.

4. Votes must be valid

5. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard.

6. The goal is to make an a Main Deck monsters that is Level 4 or lower that produces Tokens.

Card A:

Block Necromancer
Level 4 / EARTH
Rock / Effect
Once per turn, if you control no other Rock-Type monsters: You can banish 1 Rock-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Boulder Golem Token" (Rock-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 0/ DEF 2000) in Defense Position. As long as you control a "Boulder Golem Token", other Rock-Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card would be sent to the Graveyard, you can destroy 1 "Boulder Golem Token" instead.
1900 / 0

Card B:

PoisonousRoseTrap-1.png

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon up to 2 “Rose Trap Tokens” (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). These Tokens cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters. When this card attacks an opponent's monster: You can Tribute 1 “Rose Trap Token”; this card cannot be destroyed by that battle, also, your opponnet takes any damage you would have taken. When this card is targeted for an attack: You can Tribute 1 “Rose Trap  Token”; change this card into face-down Defense Position, then negate the attack, and if you do, your opponnet cannot attack face-down monsters for the rest of the turn.

[spoiler=Token]

RoseTrapToken.png[/spoiler]

Card A:

A very interesting combination of offense and defense is present. Your side, if Rock-Types, becomes immune to widespread and independent destruction effects while also boasting a tough body for a Level 4 Effect Monster. I really like the build in "you can only control 1 token" effect he has, essentially, which makes the effect really balanced, and to go a step further he even uses his token as a shield so he can live and "conjure" another up. The thought behind a Stone Golem Summoner is quite interesting, and calling him a Necromancer is amusing. It is like unanimated clay is that of the dead to Rock Kind, so it is rather intesting to give life to that clay (Humans would view it as an Elementalist sort of power rather then that of Necromancy). I really like the flavors in this card, and overall, left a really good impact on me. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the card.

Card B:

I like how with the aide of its tokens it can become somewhat aggressive, but really, you're not going to squeeze all that much damage in there. The fact that the Tokens can't be used for Synchro also hits the card's playability, but I can see why you would want it that way. The last effect is interesting, but nothing really "Trap" about this. They would simply off your tokens before sicking their monsters on this card, which would then be an Attack Position weakling. Overall, this card is far less playable and flavorful. The creativity was more in this card, but sadly, the playability and flavor wasn't.

I have to vote for Card A. It was really impressive to me, even though simplistic in nature.

Card A actually does something and has decent stats. Card B does a bit of damage and that's about it and the damage isn't even ensured considering your opponent can negate or nullify the attack somehow. It's second effect simply means "destroy the Tokens before you attack this card", no different from a Mecha Phantom Beast.

Vote to Card A.

Thinking I am goiing to have to go with Card A. Normally I would vote for anything that supports plants, especially something that could possibly help Black Garden, but its playability is just severely lacking. I also don't like the mismatched flavor of the card, which Therrion pointed out. It isn't really a trap, and I feel like if you were gonna go with 'trap' then there were other ways to go about it. Card A however offers some interesting plays with Rock monsters, as well as deviating from the usually low ATK and the high DEF, but still maintaining a balance of offense and defense. Card A it is. 

Archived