Archetype Contest With an Experimental Reward System

Adak33

Fire AVATAR Set (new support cards for KAZUKI TAKAHASHI Fire AVATAR Archetype)

KAZUKI TAKAHASHI Cards (just for fixing the idea about this archetype)

180096LV3FireKingAvatarGarunix.png

If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Fire King Avatar" monster from your Deck.

940841LV8FireKingHighAvatarGarunix.png

During the next Standby Phase after this card was destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When you do: Destroy all other monsters on the field. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Fire King" monster from your Deck, except "Fire King High Avatar Garunix".

<<My Cards>>

521553LV4FireKingAvatarHalskey.png

If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 “Fire Avatar” monsters you control and increase its ATK by 500.

228611LV4FireKingAvatarJacky.png

If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You gain 500 Life Points for each "Fire Avatar" monster in your graveyard.

946235LV4FireKingAvatarSools.png

Cannot be normal summoned/set. Must first be special summoned from your hand when a face-up "Fire King High Avatar Garunix" or “Fire King Ultra Avatar Garunix” monster you control is destroyed. Once Per Turn during your main-phase: you can put 1 “Reborn” counter on this card. When this card is destroyed by battle while it has 3 or more “Reborn” counters: You can Special summon from your graveyard 1 "Fire King High Avatar Garunix" or “Fire King Ultra Avatar Garunix” and increase its ATK by 200 for each “reborn” counter was on this card.

641633LV4FireKingChibiAvater.png

If a face-up "Fire King" monster you control is destroyed by a card effect (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is special summoned result its own effect: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 “Fire Avatar” monster from your graveyard in face-up Defense Position. Its effect(s) is negated.

173344LV8SFireKingUltraAvatarGarunix.png

1 tuner monster + 1 "Fire Avatar" non-tuner monster

During the next Standby Phase after this card was destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When you do: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls. While you control this card, all monsters you control gain 300 ATK. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Fire King" monster from your Deck.

345463LV10FireKingUltraAvatarGarunixAssa

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with its own effect or with "Assault Mode Activate". During the next Standby Phase after this card was destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon this card from the Graveyard. When you do: Destroy all monsters your opponent controls. While you control this card, all monsters you control gain 300 ATK. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 “Fire King Ultra Avatar Garunix” from your Graveyard.

837269R8FireKingSupremeAvatarGarunix.png

111270TheFireAvatarsValley.png

Each time a monster is special summoned to your side of the field: You can draw 1 card from your deck, then Target 1 Fire monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck. Each time a monster you control is sent to the graveyard result an effect: Inflict 300 Damage to your opponent.

374152TheFireTornado.png

Target 2 Fire monsters you control; destroy all monster with ATK lower than the total respective ATK of the targets. When you do: Destroy these targets.

311857ThePhoenixReborn.png

When a "Fire Avatar" monster is destroyed result an effect: You gain Life Points equal to that monster ATK. When a "Fire Avatar" monster is destroyed result Battle: Negate its effect and then you can Pay 500 Life Point and special summon that monster during your next Standby Phase. When this card is destroyed; banish all monsters that was special summoned result this card effects.

Sorry for my absence everybody, things have been very hectic around here (When you own a boat, the phrase "pumping fuel through the bilge" is not something you want to hear... fortunately it's not my boat, but I'm still obligated to help with the whole situation). I'll try to review everyone's cards today.

Sorry to say but I have to leave this contest for my own reasons, am I able to get a refund?

I'm sorry to hear that. Since you gave notice, I'll give you your refund.

Edit: @Time 23: Looking at this, I'm faced with a small problem. On the one hand, the contest is supposed to be to make an entirely new Archetype, whereas yours (at first glance at least, I've only skimmed it) appears to be support for a pre-existing archetype; this is also arguably unfair to the other players, since you're working with a pre-existing structure rather than starting from scratch. On the other hand, you've obviously put in a lot of effort, and I never actually clarified the above in the rules -- and the entire point of this contest is that it's about the participants rather than the host, so when I'm undecided on something I should in theory, always choose in the participants' favor... except that reasoning may not apply here.

I guess I'll get back to you after I've looked at your cards in more detail.

I want to join this competition, if possible. I already posted a new archetype today, and was wondering if I could just use that here. Additionally, if I can join, how do I donate the 5 points and when/where should I post my cards?

Well, since it probably hasn't been reviewed yet, sure. You donate points by going to my user page and clicking "donate points."

Sorry for my absence everybody, things have been very hectic around here (When you own a boat, the phrase "pumping fuel through the bilge" is not something you want to hear... fortunately it's not my boat, but I'm still obligated to help with the whole situation). I'll try to review everyone's cards today.

I'm sorry to hear that. Since you gave notice, I'll give you your refund.

Edit: @Time 23: Looking at this, I'm faced with a small problem. On the one hand, the contest is supposed to be to make an entirely new Archetype, whereas yours (at first glance at least, I've only skimmed it) appears to be support for a pre-existing archetype; this is also arguably unfair to the other players, since you're working with a pre-existing structure rather than starting from scratch. On the other hand, you've obviously put in a lot of effort, and I never actually clarified the above in the rules -- and the entire point of this contest is that it's about the participants rather than the host, so when I'm undecided on something I should in theory, always choose in the participants' favor... except that reasoning may not apply here.

I guess I'll get back to you after I've looked at your cards in more detail.

that's okay,, I'll make a new archetype

I just need time  :D

Well, I donated 5 points, so here is my archetype (we are supposed to post it here, right?):

Dreamweavers!!!

Say hello to one of my most unique archetypes, the Dreamweavers! Sure, they may only consist of LIGHT Fairy-type monsters, but who says that's a bad thing? After all, after the Sun sets and the joy of daytime fades away, these kind, gracious bringers of sanctity and peace wreak havok and chaos around them. The lure you in with dreams of protection, power, and magic, but in an instant, your whole world turns around, and within seconds, you find yourself fleeing from the onslaught of merciless nightmare upon nightmare! MUAHAHAHAHAH!

[spoiler=''WHAT ARE THE "DREAMWEAVERS"?"]

Well, in short, the "Dreamweavers" are a series of LIGHT Fairy-type monsters that each possess a duo of abilities. Related to the concept of Dreams and Nightmares, most of the monsters that encompass this archetype all carry 1 benign effect (the "Dream effect", so to speak) and 1 malicious effect (the "Nightmare effect", so to speak). Think of it as a kind of "Pot of Duality", except the entire Deck is based on that concept. The monsters of this archetype are divided into three categories, each with a unique manifestation of the idea of Dreams vs. Nightmares:

The Level 2 Tuner Monsters (3)

These monsters are the kindest of all the "Dreamweaver" cards. Two of the monsters in this set give the opponent profound advantages, such as the ability to draw 2 extra cards or the gaining of life points and invulnerability. However, these two monsters are themselves virtually indestructible - they can't be attacked and are immune to card effects. To compensate, the opponent can attack directly and the monsters cannot be used for a Synchro summon the turn they are Summoned; thus, your opponent WILL benefit from their effects. The third monster in this set is unique - its a searcher and a destruction guard, and it can Synchro Summon monsters by banishing it and another Fairy-type monster from the Deck or Graveyard. However, interestingly enough, it CANNOT be summoned itself.

The Level 4 Effect Monsters (7)

Now these monsters are the core of the "Dreamweaver" archetype. They can't be Set, and when they're summoned, they automatically go to Defense Position - a state that will be referred to throughout the rest of this discussion as "Dream state". However, even with their 0 DEF, they can't be destroyed by battle. Further, so long as they are in "Dream state", during your opponent's turns, their "Dream effects" come into play, allowing for the opponent to add cards to their hand, normal summon extra times, take control of your monsters, etc. However, when another "Dreamweaver" card changes the battle position of these fairies, they take their "Nightmare" form. As long as they are in Attack Position, they are in "Nightmare state", and their "Nightmare effects" benefit their controller - aka you. In other words, you get bonuses similar to the ones your opponent received.

The Level 6 Synchro Monsters (3)

These are the trump cards of the set. When in "Dream state", they benefit both players. However, when in "Nightmare state", they harm the opponent and benefit the controller - a double positive for you.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=''HOW DOES THIS ARCHETYPE ACTUALLY WORK?"]

Well, now that you ask, its relatively simple. The Synchro Monsters and Support Spells (Quick-Play "Dreamweaver Art" cards) allow for a variety of different plays. One can exploit the Dream effects and use them as their own, you can switch control of your monsters so you can take advantage of your opponent having a "Dreamweaver" monster, and you can switch your monsters to "Nightmare state." In addition, the most important card, the field spell, allows for you to change your monsters to "Nightmare state" until the End Phase, when they return to "Dream state" and continue benefiting your opponent. There is a delicate equilibrium between Dream and Nightmare that this archetype founds itself upon.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="THE MONSTERS OF THE ARCHETYPE"]

[spoiler="The Level 2 Tuner Monsters (3)"]

Sq4Hasu.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While you control this face-up card, your opponent draws 2 extra cards during their Draw Phase. This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's monsters for battle and is unaffected by your opponent's card effects (Your opponent can still attack you directly). This card cannot be tributed or used as XYZ Material, and cannot be used as Synchro Material the turn it is Summoned.

[/spoiler]

qEYpaVS.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While you control this face-up card, your opponent gains 2000 Life Points during each Standby Phase, also they cannot lose Life Points. This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's monsters for battle and is unaffected by your opponent's card effects (Your opponent can still attack you directly). This card cannot be tributed or used as XYZ Material, and cannot be used as Synchro Material the turn it is Summoned.

[/spoiler]

hKCA2tU.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Summoned. During your Standby Phase, you can discard this card to add 1 "Dreamweaver" card from your Deck to your hand. If a face-up "Dreamweaver" monster you control would be destroyed, you can banish this card from your Graveyard instead. If this card is in your Graveyard and you control no monsters, you can banish this card and 1 non-Tuner "Dreamweaver" monster from your Graveyard to Synchro Summon a Fairy-type monster from your Extra Deck.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="The Level 4 Effect Monsters (7)"]

QTSxe2o.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While this card is in Defense Position, monsters your opponent control gain 1000 ATK. This card cannot be changed to Attack Position except by the effect of a "Dreamweaver" card. While this card is in Attack Position, it is treated as "Nightmare Aieza", and monsters you control gain 1000 ATK.

[/spoiler]

bEd8FXn.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While this card is in Defense Position, your opponent can Normal Summon twice per turn. This card cannot be changed to Attack Position except by the effect of a "Dreamweaver" card. While this card is in Attack Position, it is treated as "Nightmare Cruxia", and once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 "Dreamweaver" monster from your Deck or Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

fKR706w.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While this card is in Defense Position, once per turn, your opponent can discard one Monster card from their hand to add 1 Monster from their Deck to their hand. This card cannot be changed to Attack Position except by the effect of a "Dreamweaver" card. While this card is in Attack Position, it is treated as "Nightmare Cyphe", and once per turn, you can add 1 "Dreamweaver" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

[/spoiler]

pwzioQ4.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. This card cannot be used as XYZ Material. While this card is in Defense Position, once per turn, your opponent can tribute 1 monster they control to take control of this card until the End Phase. If this card was sent to the Graveyard while on your opponent's side of the field, Special Summon this card to your side of the field during the next Standby Phase. This card cannot be changed to Attack Position except by the effect of a "Dreamweaver" card. While this card is in Attack Position, it is treated as "Nightmare Excelsia", and once per turn, you can take control of 1 monster your opponent controls until the End Phase, but it cannot declare an attack.

[/spoiler]

aOU76zb.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While this card is in Defense Position, the activation of your opponent's card effects cannot be negated. This card cannot be changed to Attack Position except by the effect of a "Dreamweaver" card. While this card is in Attack Position, it is treated as "Nightmare Oratia", and the activation of your card effects cannot be negated.

[/spoiler]

2mqXZmh.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While this card is in Defense Position, monsters your opponent controls cannot be targeted by card effects. This card cannot be changed to Attack Position except by the effect of a "Dreamweaver" card. While this card is in Attack Position, it is treated as "Nightmare Superbia", and monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.

[/spoiler]

0tiGL5j.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is Summoned, change it to face-up Defense Position. While this card is in Defense Position, monsters your opponent controls cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card cannot be changed to Attack Position except by the effect of a "Dreamweaver" card. While this card is in Attack Position, it is treated as "Nightmare Ur", and monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="The Level 6 Synchro Monsters (3)"]

VeYAUCw.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. While this card is in Defense Position, once per turn, during either players' turn, you can activate this effect to have both players change the battle position of 1 monster they control. While this card is in Attack Position, once per turn, during either players' turn, you can activate this effect to change the battle positions of up to 2 monsters on the field.

[/spoiler]

kc1Lhbo.jpg

[spoiler="Effect"]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. While this card is in Defense Position, once per turn, during either players' turn, you can activate this effect to have both players gain 1000 Life Points. While this card is in Attack Position, once per turn, during either players' turn, you can activate this effect to increase the ATK of all "Dreamweaver" monsters by 500 and decrease the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by 500 until the End Phase.

[/spoiler]

sKb3NVd.jpg

[spoiler="Effect]

Cannot be Set. Cannot be destroyed by battle. While this card is in Defense Position, once per turn, during either players' turn, you can activate this effect to have both players can draw 1 card. While this card is in Attack Position, once per turn, during either players' turn, you can activate this effect to destroy 1 card on the field; then, you can Special Summon 1 "Dreamweaver" monster form your Deck or Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="THE SPELLS OF THE ARCHETYPE"]

[spoiler="The Field Spell"]

ZVYb5uB.jpg

[spoiler="Effect]

During each Draw Phase, while you control a "Dreamweaver" monster, draw 1 additional card. You can discard 1 card and target all "Dreamweaver" monsters you control; change them to face-up Attack Position. During the End Phase of each turn, change all "Nightmare" monsters you control to face-up Defense Position.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="The Quick-Play Spells: The "Dreamweaver Art" Support Cards"]

1Oiu7PZ.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
Change control of 1 face-up "Dreamweaver" monster you control until the End Phase. Then, activate one of these effects:
-Draw 2 cards
-Add 1 "Dreamweaver" card from your Deck to your hand
-Special Summon 1 "Dreamweaver" monster from your Deck or Graveyard
-Banish 1 card on the field
[/spoiler]

Ivd148a.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
If all monsters you control are "Nightmare" monsters, destroy cards on the field equal to the number of "Nightmare" monsters you control. Then, change all monsters you control to face-up Defense Position.
[/spoiler]

vz3k5ED.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
Target 1 "Dreamweaver" monster you control and change it to face-up Attack Position. Then, if you control a "Dreamweaver" monster, destroy 2 cards on your opponent's side of the field.
[/spoiler]

fTaGenz.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
Target 1 "Dreamweaver" monster you control. Until the End Phase of this turn, its effects apply to both players.
[/spoiler]

3gMioOb.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
Target 1 "Dreamweaver" monster you control and change it to face-up Attack Position. If this card was activated during the Battle Phase, all monsters your opponent controls must attack, if able.
[/spoiler]

wN9msks.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
Target 1 "Dreamweaver" monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; switch control of those monsters, and if you do, both players cannot Special Summon for the rest of this turn.
[/spoiler]

aHYb1sq.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
When your opponent activates a card effect: Change all "Nightmare" monsters you control to face-up Defense Position; negate the activation of the card effect and destroy that card. Then, activate the following effects depending on how many monsters' battle positions were changed:
-1+: Draw 1 card
-2+: Destroy 1 card on the field
-3+: Special Summon 1 "Dreamweaver" monster from your Graveyard
-4+: Special Summon 1 "Dreamweaver" monster from your Deck
-5+: Banish all cards on the field
[/spoiler]

GY1ybIR.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
Add 1 "Dreamweaver" card from your Deck to your hand; then, you can send 1 "Dreamweaver" card from your Deck to your Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

YLFI0X5.jpg
[spoiler="Effect"]
If all monsters you control are "Dreamweaver" monsters, you can banish 1 "Dreamweaver" monster from your hand, field, or Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Dreamweaver" monster from your Deck. Until the End Phase of this turn, your opponent cannot target "Dreamweaver" monsters for battle or with card effects.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sorry 'bout my absence people. I'll be getting on to reviewing right away.

If anyone would want to help with the judging, let me know -- I don't want this grinding to a halt again just because I'm busy.

@FF Fan: There is no deadline for entry, other than entering before it's over.

@Loyalist: Your points have been refunded.

@Magemeek: Do you want me to post my review in this thread, or privately?

Edit: Have submitted my review of girostrike's cards. I'll review Magemeek's after I've had some dinner.

Ooh, is it too late? I'll admit to being trigger-happy for an archetype contest at the moment.

No, not at all. If you donate the points, you're in. I may be a bit slow with the judging, however.

Edit: I have reviewed Magemeek's cards. Next up is the second round review for Galaxyeyes.

Archived