Densetsu Kuro no Tsurugi (Legend of the Black Sword) [PG-13][Not started/Accepting]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick note Aix, put your Espers in their own spoiler or otherwise mark them out as being Espers.

Jumanji, your second Esper seems a bit too powerful as it seems to guarantee a counter to an attack being made.  That said, maybe I'm not reading into it very well.  Randomness is often a factor which reduces power.

Yeah that's why i stated that it acts like a reflex, one does not always has reflexes to react to a certain action so i believe it's pretty balanced.

The reflex can also kick in at unnecesary moments so yeah.

If two people have already done moon, and only one other person has done sun, Id like to reserve sun as well ^.^

I don't really have a problem with it, but you and Neph are the only one's I'll allow to have it.

Oh... shit. Goddamn spoilers. Hopefully this is acceptable... O3O

Honestly, I'm glad it's not just me that's having that's problem @.@ I kept thinking I was just being an idiot and coding it wrong.

On an off-topic note, I see you like Eureka Seven. You deserve a like from me.

xD I just finished a week or two ago. It's my favorite for now, despite that I was expecting to think it was just meh .3.

I wont edit her esoer, as I want Kio's word before that.

I have no problems with it. Seems balanced enough to me, though I noticed you missed the Earth affinity.

Oh, as for voice actors, I'd imagine someone like Kari Wahlgren (voice of Anemone from Eureka 7) would fit pretty well.

Could Shifting be an Affinity? Basically it acts as a way for you to change your Appearance. Not to extremes like turning your hands into blades, just basic stuff like gender swapping.

Ummm... Well.... It doesn't sound much like an affinity though. It could still be an Esper, and if anything, I'd say like Earth MAYBE but you're better off just having it be a unique non-affinity Esper

Lastly, I more or less support Keto's decisions, so I'm just gonna make him co-host. Thanks for the help too.

All I have to do is write up the appearance, personality, and bio. I finished everything else. I'll finish it quickly.

So all you have to do is all the main stuff except combat. =_=

Is I accepted? I give up on trying to find a theme, I'm no good at such things.

Alright guys, gimme a second.  By the way, I'm gonna be adding an accepted apps spoiler, if I can get the damned things to work, to my first ooc post.  Assuming that's not overstepping the bounds of my co-hostly authority.

Jumanji, give me a little more in Haru's personality please.

Aesir is accepted.

Aix, I don't see a reason not to accept staccato, other than that he seems a tad young to me, but would you like me to hold off my final judgement until you've gotten his theme song?

RedBlueYellow

k99n5t.jpg

"Nothing's ever going to change if you don't take action."

[hr]Personal Information[hr]Name: Sol Invictus

Birthdate: July 10th

Affinity: Sun

Country of Birth: Arcadia

Village of Birth: [acronym="Place where Esper powers seem to flow out naturally out of a spring. Is sort of like a area of castles around the garden and its font itself."]Avalon[/acronym]

Japanese Seiyuus: Kōki Uchiyama/Mamoru Miyano

English Voice Actors: Jesse McCartney/David Gallagher

[hr]Appearance/Personality/Biography[hr]

[spoiler="Appearance"]As one would imagine of royalty, Sol has a very well-built body frame and a squarish jaw. He has short white hair brushed back into spikes of sorts. His skin is fairly light brown, which makes for a contrast against his white hair and eyebrows. Sol's eyes are a grayish-purple and seem to have seen far more than an average person of his age would've. He is 187 cm tall and weighs 78 kg, which is all muscle essentially. He tends to wear casual clothes that any normal person would wear when trying to keep his disguise up, but his true, "royal" clothing consist of more armor-like pieces and some decorative parts. A black armor piece around his torso outlined in silver-grey has a crimson-red vest of sorts tied over it with silver cord. The vest's sleeves lead down to a disc of sorts over the top of the hands, half-outlined in black. His pants are the same color as his armor, with various metal straps and supports leading straight into his boots, which are made of the same material as his pants, reinforced with several metal pieces. He also wears a sort of dress-like red clothing piece around his waist, fastened with a metal strap.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Personality"]Although a pure royal-blood who got nearly everything he needed or wanted and seemingly "superior" to any plain person, Sol does not have any of the supercilious or narcissistic attitude of a good deal of royalty. Taught by his older brother to be kind, and having traveled the land and met with even the bottom ranks, he didn't mind socializing or helping them out freely. If one didn't recognize his face somehow, then they wouldn't have any idea that he was royalty, because Sol does't like to bring it up. He is one of those people to strike up conversation with any willing fellow, buying them a drink as he listens. Humble, he laughs at his own mistakes when they happen, accepts others help, and gets back up for the better. Disguising his appearance, he travels the land, meeting all sorts of people ranging from peasants to merchants or other royals. He doesn't like it when people immediately start bowing and praying to him if his cover accidentally slips or he trusts them enough to reveal himself, and he hopes he can find someone who could just get over that and be natural. He has yet to find such a person though, and is slightly sad that such feelings of inequality still roam about, that the peasants believe they are worthless, while gluttonous royals gorge themselves on treats, ordering around people. Also, he enjoys competitions such as races and similar activities otherwise, even if he loses, sometimes secretly throwing it so that others can win so they are happier off. He wants to find a super talented person at some particular activity, so he can try in earnest, and enjoy himself to exhaustion. He is able to hold his drink very well, and doesn't let things slip when under the influence, so sometimes even partake in those sorts of competitions when feeling particularly daredevilish. He does not partake in drugs or any illicit substances however. When someone else starts to become woozy, he doesn't hesitate to try to help them so they don't make a wreck of themselves with inadvertent slips of the tongue.

He is not all perfect though. When temperamental or otherwise upset, he can be very fragile, breaking down or letting his fury quite literally explode out. It takes a good while for him to calm down, and when in this sort of mood, he doesn't seem to want anyone with him, although he wants people he hold close with him truly. He can be hard to reach in this sort  of mood though, because he might either be in the middle of a raging fire where basically none can touch him, or near completely unresponsive when in a breakdown. His rage tends to subside though, but unfortunately, it usually ends up in the breakdown stage. Still rather young and somewhat trustful of people, it can be devastating to him when his defenses are broken down like that. Also, he does not care for people of misdoings, being cold to them, and also, he will not hesitate to punish criminals or the like rather severely. This usually ends up in him having to leave that place for a while and change covers again, which he dislikes.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Biography"]Sol Invictus was born into a royal family Invictus, but was the second of two sons, therefore, ineligible to take the throne. Unlike some books you may read where this had twisted the second son into a villain, Sol remained the same. His older brother was a kind one, and didn't hesitate to help Sol out when it was needed - especially with their Esper training. From a young age, the Invictus family trained their sons and daughters in powerful Espers as well as fighting otherwise, strengthening and making efficient the Espers as much as possible, and training them with a weapon until it is an extension of their arm. He had been found to have an affinity bound to the Sun, and was trained in that daily, to make the most of a powerful affinity. His older brother was Sun as well, and he helped Sol in parts where he faltered, or was unsure of how to work the Esper powers.

As Sol grew up, he owned a fair bit of wealth, which he used to travel the land in his free time, which was a bit more than his brother's, not required to take all the same lessons as someone who would be a direct descendant. He still had to take some, in case something befalls the descendant, but not as much. Eventually, he had traveled o every habitable place in the world, learning of their societies and mannerisms. Intrigued by the Nihonshin culture, he repeatedly traveled there in his free time, but however, as he grew older, he still became busier with other important work, being so closely connected to the throne, only ordering some dishes from there occasionally. He still practiced his Esper powers and sword fighting skills with the instructors, but Sol lost sight of his brother for a while, who was entangled in all the fancy customs. Sol was fine though, accepting it, but the feelings of loneliness and anger built up in him. On one day, he near incinerated his sword, his anger having given spout to a burst of Esper power. Rigorously trained to manage his feelings and powers afterwards, Sol started to dislike all the boundaries of someone that had royal blood. His brother had heard about the incident soon enough, and left his meeting to talk to and console his younger brother, like the old times. Knowing of his interest in Nihonshin, as well as what kind of weapon would fit or work with him, his older brother had a special blade forged for him by master Nihonshin craftsmen entirely consisting of the finest quality Nether Gems. He gifted the sword to Sol on his birthday, which he greatly loved.

On that day though, Sol had been cured most entirely of his depression, but he still wanted some freedom as to his life. He told his family that he would leave to search for the Pitch-Black Sword, but wanted their blessing before he left, which they gave, although reluctant to let him loose. Taking his brother's gift with him, Sol now travels the land free of burden and in search of the Pitch-Black Sword, although he is not crazy for it like some are. He wants to meet and make some friends who aren't royalty, and not have to worry about those things. His journey starts now![/spoiler][hr]

[hr]Combat Information[hr][hr]Weapons & Equipment[hr]

[spoiler="Weapons"]Sol is usually an unarmed fighter as his Esper power provides more than enough in attack power for him. However, he is also a skilled and quick short sword fighter, and carries one with him in back-up situations or otherwise where his Esper powers would be unwieldy to use.

Short Sword

Created in Nihonshin, this custom-made short sword has traditional traits of blades made from there, including but not limited to the shape of the blade and its handle. This was pretty expensive, due to the fact that Sol's brother had the creator make the entire sword from its blade to its handle be made out of the highest-quality Nether Gems. After receiving it, Sol had injected some of his own energies into it, making the crystal-clear blade take on the golden-silver hue that it appears as now today. This blade entirely resonates with him, having been perfectly balanced to his body as well as his energies. When utilizing his Esper powers, he can just use this as perfectly as he would his own arm, extending and strengthening his reach a good deal and into a lethal edge.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Espers"]Sol's Esper power is known as Hyperion, named after an ancient deity of light. He has unlocked two parts of the power. Unlike any other general Esper though, this type of power is unique to him, and no other being in the world has ever been known to possess this, even if it may have similar sub-Esper powers to other Espers.

Haiperion no Ikari (ハイペリオン の怒り Lit. Hyperion's Wrath): Utilizing his power over Sun, Sol can concentrate any sort of light into intense [acronym="Not related to the fire affinity at all. It is just the concentrated manifestation of light."]flames[/acronym], from then which he can blast at the enemy. The sun gives the most power, but most any kind of light will do, although the more [acronym="Candle flames would be stronger than an electric lamp of the same brightness"]artificial[/acronym] it is, the weaker it will be. It also takes a while to gather the energies, usually around 30 seconds without any major disturbances to make a perfect sphere 25 inches in diameter if utilizing the energies of the sun when it is fully overhead. If it gets to that size from pure Sun energy, it can vaporize around half of a tavern, give or take a quarter. However, if he is attacked or his focus is otherwise broken during his "charge-up", the energies will start to dissipate and stream back to their original source somewhat quickly. It takes around 10 seconds for a perfect 25-inch diameter sphere to entirely dissipate. Depending on where the energies are drawn from, the colors of the sphere can differ slightly. It takes around 4-6 seconds for it to be concentrated enough for it to be lethal to a healthy adult male. Sol can create small spheres in just a second or less to cause painful burns if it hit, which is more common, as in a usual battle, he has no time to make a full attack or such otherwise. Also, depending on how wide of a target is, Sol can slightly disperse and spread out the energies to hit a wider field slightly weaker, or concentrate it and make it near guaranteed vaporization. In addition, he can split the main orb into several smaller ones which he can manipulate freely, moving in all sorts of directions. If Sol was killed or knocked out in the middle of using this, the energies would instantly rupture and hit everything around its vicinity. He can use this somewhat frequently, maybe around 3 times an hour at full 25-inch diameter strength, around maybe 10 times at smaller sizes of adult lethality.

Haiperion no Fushi (ハイペリオン の 不死 Lit. Hyperion's Immortality): It may not be truly immortality, but Sol has yet to find out, as he is only 17, and has not had any situations where he truly would've died yet. This sub-esper power is an absorbing shield of sorts. If he comes into contact with flame or the like, he will absorb it without any harm to himself, and it will strengthen Sol, the amount depending on how strong the attack was. He could do this with his own attack, but this is rather pointless as he will only regain the energy he lost from using the attack. This may not be an invincible shield, and particularly strong attacks might get through, but not having been tested, this is an unknown. It is said by some that his blood is nearly golden and burning hot, but no one has shown credible proof of this.[/spoiler]

[hr]Other Information[hr]• His favorite dish is raw beef with various seasonings and marinades on top that he has imported from Nihonshin.

• He was named after an ancient phrase that had been once said to pray to the sun for victory during a war.

• Theme Song: Sol Invictus

• Battle Song: Now or Never

Aesir? He's still in the process of being complete. It's Aiya that was meant to be up for slating.

I'll just assume you meant her and move on, shall I? :/

Oh...nice you caught my derp.  Yes, I meant Aiya.

*clears throat*  Anyways...Neph I find Emiya Sol acceptable.  I noticed that Hyperion's Wrath seems to be similar to the Tsukuyomi that Shi no Hoshi uses.  Should be interesting to see how these two react when they meet.  In other words, accepted.

Okay, sorry I'm absent so much :/ Thing is, my girl's aunt died, so I've kinda been trying to spend more time with her and cheer her up a bit. If everything goes right, which I honestly can't see anything happening that'll cause it not to) this'll start on Wednesday. If not, it'll definitely be up by the end of the week.

Lastly, I think that maybe I'll take one more app/reserve/whatever before closing the acceptance. I'd rather this not become too crowded.

Archived