Monster Mash Contest (Finished)

wightpower

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like you can take away the once per duel limit to Spirit Synergy

Ritual monsters are hard enough to get on the field to keep them around for spell counters, so letting a duelist use it more than once should be alright.

I'll see, I might, but I'd have to bump it down a bit, but I'll see what I can do.

As much as I adore Ritual Monsters, they're extremely underwhelming these days if they can't call upon any effects of their own. Feel free to give them some effects to make them more useful, especially if those effects specifically interact with other Aqua and Pyro monsters. Also, their effects don't have to say "you must also offer monsters whose total level stars equal 6 or more." I think recent Ritual monsters take that part away so they can fill in the text box with more effects and costs. Only the ritual spells that summon them need to dictate the number of level stars needed to summon them.

I was going of the lores of some old cards for the Ritual part, but thanks, I might add some effects in. I was going to make some kind of spell that makes tokens or something, would be easier then to tribute.

either way works. I'm fine with PMing, but if you put them here, just make sure you put it in spoilers to reduce the amount of scrolling we have to go through.

Wow, that was fast!

Reply to Darthakin: You can probably get away with making their effects say "this card's type is also treated as Spellcaster" that way they can abuse support for both types. I think you can also knock Mazilio down to 4-star. His stats aren't really good enough to require a tribute, and his effects has such blowback that I don't think the tribute is necessary, but that's just me. Is Kinterion a harpy lady/kitsune/Gardevoir hybrid? I'm surprisingly okay with this. Nice cards, but you've got plenty more time to add more to them. I'll probably be rating cards on that "oomf" factor. You know, synergy and such.

Reply to TehTeaKing: **** yeah! Ritual monsters. I feel like you can take away the once per duel limit to Spirit Synergy. Ritual monsters are hard enough to get on the field to keep them around for spell counters, so letting a duelist use it more than once should be alright. As much as I adore Ritual Monsters, they're extremely underwhelming these days if they can't call upon any effects of their own. Feel free to give them some effects to make them more useful, especially if those effects specifically interact with other Aqua and Pyro monsters. Also, their effects don't have to say "you must also offer monsters whose total level stars equal 6 or more." I think recent Ritual monsters take that part away so they can fill in the text box with more effects and costs. Only the ritual spells that summon them need to dictate the number of level stars needed to summon them. You've still got plenty of time to tinker around with them. Like the flavor and your images so far.

Keep up the good work, guys. These are great so far.

Could I ask something? Can I do double types? I mean, get another mash? It'd be interesting to see how I can blend four types without making two types mashed while they shouldn't be mashed. Ya get what I mean? 

Anyways, I'll add more cards to my previous post. 

To Darthakin: Wait, so you want me to give you four types total? I am not opposed to this, if you think you can pull it off. Your additional randomly selected types are... *redundant drumroll*... Thunder and Fairy. Actually, those two, along with your previous two, aren't too exclusive, and I could see that working out pretty smoothly. Good luck.

Thanks you. 

MuJXPYr.jpg

This monster's Type is also treated as "Winged-Beast". 
Once per turn, you can change this card's Type to "Spellcaster" and "Fairy" (This card will no longer be treated as a "spellcaster" or "Winged-Beast".) Or the other way around. 
Once per turn, you can destroy up to two cards you control, to destroy an equal amount of cards your opponent controls. 

A fair attempt I'd say.
It's loosely a spellcaster/Fairy that can change forms into a "winged-beast/Thunder" type.

I could probably handle 5 types as well, given the fact They fit a bit together. 

image.jpg
Any number of level 4 'Spellcasters' 'Fairies' or 'Winged-Beast- Monsters.
This card gains 300 Attack points for each Overlay Unit this card has. This card cannot be destroyed except by a card effect, as long as it has overlay units. Once per turn you can detach one Overlay Unit to special summon one 'Thunder' Type monster from the graveyard. That monster is also treated as a 'Spellcaster' 'Fairy' and 'Winged-Beast' Type. If there is a Face-up 'Spellcaster' 'Fairy' 'Winged-Beast' or 'Thunder' Type on the field (except for this card), this card's overlay Units cannot be detached except by this card's effect.

image1.jpg

Azakura, The Immortal Spark + Lazarestia, The Shapeshifter of Doom.
This card is also treated as a 'Spellcaster' 'Winged-Beast' 'Thunder' and 'Fairy' Type.
Once per turn you can send one monster from your hand to the graveyard, to special summon one monster with the same type as this card. 
If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy one of the special summoned monsters instead.

Reply to Nejc Pevec: Welcome aboard. Your randomly selected types are: Dragon and Reptile. That sounds kind of cool. Good luck!

Reply to Joshyago17: It is so on! Your randomly selected types are: Plant and Sea Serpent. Wow! That's going to be awesome. Good luck!

Reply to TehTeaKing: I didn't think it was early enough to tell. If I had to pick, it'd be you by virtue of drawing your own images. I'm a sucker for that stuff. Still, there's plenty of time for newcomers to get in on this, and even more time for everyone to finish their cards. You have my word that I haven't chosen any of you to be the inevitable winner yet, and I won't be seriously judging your finished cards until we hit October.

Here comes an entry (images pending)  Edit: Images uploaded

[spoiler='Monsters']

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Ram Scout']

VECseE6.jpg

When this card's battle position is changed by the effect of a Rock-Type monster: special summon one EARTH monster from your hand; its effects are negated until the end phase.

600 ATK / 900 DEF[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Antelope Charger'] 

ANsd4aU.jpg

When this card's battle position is changed by the effect of a Rock-Type monster: increase the ATK of all "Crumbled Acropolis" monster you control by 500 until the end phase. 

1600 ATK / 1200 DEF [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Gatekeeper Construct'] 

WdMqEVF.jpg

Once per turn: you can change the battle position of one EARTH monster you control. If a "Crumbled Acropolis" monster you control would be destroyed by battle: you can destroy this card instead. 

1300 ATK / 1900 DEF [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Rolling Golem'] 

ZlwLjYD.jpg

Once per turn: you can change the battle position of one EARTH monster you control. If this card battles: change its battle position at the end of the damage step. 

1500 ATK / 1700 DEF [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Sabertooth Striker']

lR3WcMu.jpg

When this card's battle position is changed by the effect of a Rock-Type monster: increase the ATK and DEF of this card by 400 until the end phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle: inflict damage to your opponent equal to the level of the destroyed monster's level x300

1600 ATK / 1300 DEF [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Shifting Statue']

PheUNlM.jpg

Once per turn: change the battle position of one EARTH 'monster you control. When this card is destroyed by battle: special summon one Rock-Type "Crumbled Acropolis" monster from your deck in face-up attack position. 

800 ATK / 1900 DEF [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Wolf Wanderer']

8nmSxDZ.jpg

When this card's battle position is changed by the effect of a Rock-Type monster: return one card your opponent controls to the deck; return one card you control to the deck. 

2300 ATK / 900 DEF [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Crumbled Acropolis Stone Plated Manticore'] 

Mgt0YrE.jpg

1 Beast-Warrior tuner + 1 or more Rock non-tuner monsters
When this card's battle position is changed by the effect of a Rock-Type monster: select one defense position monster on the field  destroy the selected monster. If you destroyed your own monster: inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the DEF of the destroyed monster. 

2900 ATK / 2200 DEF [/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spell']

arsXmiU.jpg

While you control both a Rock-Type and Beast-Warrior-Type monster: monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. If an EARTH monster you controls changes battle positions: inflict 300 damage to your opponent. 

[/spoiler]

hippos: Nice! I like where you're going with your archetype. I wasn't sure how you'd handle mixing Beast-Warriors and Rocks, but the strategy and effects are very cool. Keep up the good work!

Darthakin: I'm gonna stop you at four. I actually forgot to remind everyone again that you are not limited to the types I assigned you, but that your cards must support those two assigned types. As long as you have at least 1 Spellcaster and 1 Winged-Beast, you can make the rest of the monsters whatever you want (but those still must support Winged-Beasts and Spellcasters in their own way, etc). 

Scrooge: Let's see what lady luck has in store for you. Your randomly assigned types are... Plant and Beast. Huh, not too absurd, but it'll still be cool to see what you do with them. Feel free to be as unorthodox with your cards as possible.

ThorgrimZz: Thanks for going with a Ritual. I hope it doesn't start becoming a trend with everyone for this contest, but it's becoming fun to see how you guys handle trying to make them valid again. For Mehzhura, some fixes to his effect would be: This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Return the Soul". Once per turn, you can target 1 "Revived" Ritual monster in your Graveyard; this card gains ATK equal to the ATk of the targeted monster until the End Phase. There can only be 1 face-up "Revived Spider- Mehzura the Nightspinner" on the field. During your third End Phase after this card was Summoned, destroy this card.

Given that his stats aren't really too good for his level, you can totally get away with lowering Nightspinner Drone to a 4 star monster, or even a 3 star, given its really low DEF. Its effect doesn't really break it at all (Ritual Raven does the same thing as a 1 star for any DARK monster), so you can actually get away with more effects if you wanted to give the drone some more use on the field. I understood what you were going for in Nightspinner Drone and Return the Soul's effects, but as long as you touch up the OCG for them, they're fine. All in all, not a bad start, and I can't wait to see what else you add to the set. I'm digging the "swarm of insects reviving other insects" theme you're going with.

Here's what I have come up with so far. Let me know if I do not understand the concept.

Animafungus Cerebrorector

Bmke4xB.jpg

Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a Beast-Type monster you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. While equipped to a monster by this effect, that monster's DEF becomes 0 and it cannot attack; change it to Defence Position. Its battle position cannot change. During your Standby Phase, as long as this card is equiped to a monster you control, you may select 1 monster on the field; its DEF becomes 0, it cannot attack, it is changed to defence position and its battle position cannot change. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, this card is destroyed instead.)

Mycoinfected Predator

ORdsTGQ.jpg

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 1 Beast-type monster equiped with "Animafungus Cerebrorector". When this card is destroyed; search your Deck and Graveyard and add 1 "Animafungus Cerebrorector" or 2 Level 3 or lower Plant-Type monsters to the hand.

Scrooge: Wow! Both of those are awesome! You've nailed the intentions of this contest perfectly. You still have plenty of time to add to or modify your cards, but you've got a solid entry so far. I love how this is shaping up.

Oh, and thanks for crediting the artists. It's one of those small touches that I greatly appreciate.

[quote] Thanks you. 

MuJXPYr.jpg

This monster's Type is also treated as "Winged-Beast". 
Once per turn, you can change this card's Type to "Spellcaster" and "Fairy" (This card will no longer be treated as a "spellcaster" or "Winged-Beast".) Or the other way around. 
Once per turn, you can destroy up to two cards you control, to destroy an equal amount of cards your opponent controls. 

A fair attempt I'd say.
It's loosely a spellcaster/Fairy that can change forms into a "winged-beast/Thunder" type.

I could probably handle 5 types as well, given the fact They fit a bit together. 

image.jpg
Any number of level 4 'Spellcasters' 'Fairies' or 'Winged-Beast- Monsters.
This card gains 300 Attack points for each Overlay Unit this card has. This card cannot be destroyed except by a card effect, as long as it has overlay units. Once per turn you can detach one Overlay Unit to special summon one 'Thunder' Type monster from the graveyard. That monster is also treated as a 'Spellcaster' 'Fairy' and 'Winged-Beast' Type. If there is a Face-up 'Spellcaster' 'Fairy' 'Winged-Beast' or 'Thunder' Type on the field (except for this card), this card's overlay Units cannot be detached except by this card's effect.

image1.jpg

Azakura, The Immortal Spark + Lazarestia, The Shapeshifter of Doom.
This card is also treated as a 'Spellcaster' 'Winged-Beast' 'Thunder' and 'Fairy' Type.
Once per turn you can send one monster from your hand to the graveyard, to special summon one monster with the same type as this card. 
If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy one of the special summoned monsters instead. [/quote]

I edited my 4-typed monsters post

Here you go,, ^_^

205055TheDreadfulOcean.png

This card is also a Ritual Spell Card. Once Per turn: This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Dreadful" Ritual Monster. You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon. Once Per turn during your main-Phase: You can shuffle the monsters you used to Ritual summon a "Dreadful" Ritual Monster (max 3)  from the Graveyard into the Deck to target 1 ""Dreadful" Ritual Monster" Ritual Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to your hand. During each of your standby-phase: you must target 1 monster from your deck; send that target to the graveyard or destroy this card.

304315LV2DreadfulAquaSpirit.png

Once Per turn during your Standby-Phase: You can add 1 Level 4 or less WATER Fish or Fiend-type monster from your deck to your hand. If you use this card to ritual summon a "Dreadful" Ritual monster: That Ritual monster cannot be destroyed result Monsters and Spell cards effects.

958658LV4FiendoftheAbyss.png

For each Fish-type monster in your graveyard; this card can attack 1 more time. If you use this card for the Ritual summon of a "Dreadful" Ritual monster: That Ritual monster gains 400 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed result battle; you can add it to your hand instead of being sent to the graveyard.

803036LV4SharkoftheAbyss.png

If this card is used for the Ritual summon of a "Dreadful" Ritual monster: That Ritual monster cannot be destroyed result Battle. If this card would be destroyed; banish 1 fiend-type monster from your graveyard instead.

517936LV4RDreadfulDarkFish.png

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "The Dreadful Ocean". When this card is Ritual Summoned: Target up to 5 Fish/Fiend-type monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle those targets to the Deck. If this card attacks an opponent's monster, it gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only.

160964LV6DreadfulDeadFish.png

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "The Dreadful Ocean". When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: You can banish 1 monster from your hand; special summon 1 fish-type monster from your deck or  graveyard.

259952LV6DreadfulFishTroopofAbyss.png

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "The Dreadful Ocean". Each time this card destroys a monster Result battle; you can special summon 1 WATER Fiend-type monster from your graveyard.

143548LV6DreadfulSharkRider.png

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "The Dreadful Ocean". Each time this card inflict damage to your opponent; you can special summon 1 WATER Fish-type monster from your graveyard.

616062LV8DreadfulCannibalFish.png

This card cannot be normal/special summoned or set. Must first be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "The Dreadful Ocean". This Card is also a Fish-type monster. Once Per turn you can offer 1 WATER monster you control:* If it was a Fish-type monster: This card gains 500 ATK*If it was a Fiend-type monster: Destroy 1 monster your opponent control. When this card is special summoned; Destroy all other monsters on the field.

HijackAttack: Yes, you can still join. Your randomly assigned types are... Thunder and Dinosaur. Dude, that's going to be awesome!

Faytl: Yes, I'm still accepting applicants until the 15th, so you can enter. Your randomly assigned types are... Fairy and Dinosaur. Wow! That's going to be a tough one, but I'm really interested in how that's going to play out. Also, you can submit your cards to me however you want. On the 1st, I'll probably have everyone put their finished cards here so everyone can see them, but until then, it's up to you.

Archived