Ain's Written Card Contest Mk.II: W-Nebula Meteorite Edition!

Maeriberii Haan

I've decided to make another contest, since I kinda messed up on my first and second one.

Rules:
1. Written cards only please.
2. Max of 5 contestants.
3. I'll be the sole judge.
4. Contest's deadline is 60 hours from when this thread is posted.
5. You can post the cards here or send it to me via PM.

The card's requirement:
Make a single card to support any older(5ds or before, DT is viable) archetypes that's almost never gets seriously used competitively. Anything is welcome, and as the title suggests, you can make the card to be broken, as long as it doesn;t make the archetype overwhelming.

Top 1 gets 2 reps and 100 points, Second place gets a rep and 50 points, third place gets a rep.

So, gogogo!

I'll join.

[spoiler=Card yo]

Darklight Nebula

[Spell / Field]

All face-up "Ally of Justice" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. All monsters your opponent controls, in your opponent's Graveyard, and in your opponent's hand are treated as LIGHT monsters.

[/spoiler]

I'm in.

Support for Ice Barriers:

The Ice Barrier
Spell Card
Type: Field
Effect: Neither player can Special Summon more than 1 monster per turn, except for "Ice Barrier" monsters. "Ice Barrier" monsters on the field do not require their owner to control another face-up "Ice Barrier" monster to activate or apply their effects. While an "Ice Barrier" monster is face-up on the field, a new Field Spell Card cannot be activated.

Just in case the effect is a bit confusing:

The first effect is meant to work as a Summon Limit for non-"Ice Barrier" monsters. It doesn't affect Normal Summons to allow the opponent to Summon up to 2 monsters per turn.

The second effect allows certain "Ice Barriers" such as Dance Princess to activate their effects, or apply their effects for the case of Defender and Cryomancer, without requiring another Ice Barrier on your side of the field; you could say the Field Spell is being considered as an "Ice Barrier" monster for their effects.

Can I still join too? If so, here's my card:

Wattfalco

Monster; Effect
LIGHT
Thunder
Level 4
ATK 1300
DEF 1100

If a face-up "Watt" monster you control declares an attack, before Damage Calculation, you can select 1 card on the field; destroy the target. This effect applies only once per Turn.

Yes, this effect does not activate (start a chain). The wording is PSCT correct (hopefully). ;) Thanks.

I'll partake in this.

Gusto Snapper

[L3/WIND/Dragon/Effect]

You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 WIND monster. When this card is Special Summoned this way: Send 1 "Gusto" card from your Deck to the Graveyard; draw 1 card. A "Daigusto" Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as Synchro Material gains this effect:

* When this card is Synchro Summoned: Return 1 card on the field to the hand.

ATK/ 400 DEF/ 1600

Change Log

-Made the sending and drawing mandatory, to not miss the timing with Gusto Griff.

I'll join in:

[spoiler=Entry]
Rainbow Wyvern
LV4 LIGHT Dragon-type
2100/1000
If you do not control a Face-up "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" or "Advanced Dark" destroy this card. When this card is Sent to the Graveyard except by its own effect, Search Deck for "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" and add it to your Hand then Target 1 "Crystal Beast" in your Graveyard, Special Summon that target.[/spoiler]

1. Therrion with Gusto Snapper: Card is good, giving extra, much needed speed for Gusto while setting the grave for their shuffling shenanigans. Being a Dragon makes it searchable by Tempest, which is great. But sadly, it being not once per turn have a high possibility to make them(Gusto) broken, since Gusto is not that shabby of an archetype for starters, a card with this caliber of versatility can utterly break them. 

2. Voltex with The Ice Barrier: So, rather than making Ice Barrier to be on-par with the meta, you decided to slow down the other decks to their level. Card is really powerful, but I think the first effect makes this too abusable in decks like Hunders, Bujin, and Constellars, since they can manage 1 SS per turn with no problems. A welcome addition to the Ice Barrier arsenal.

3. Phoenix Dragon with Wattfalco: Really accessible spot removal with Thunder Seahorse and the Hunders or the watt battle searcher or Cobra. With the wording, you can attack any monster with this and select the attack target for the destruction, forcing a replay. And, multiples of this will make the Watt double attacker to be really deadly. Too bad this card is really vulnerable and is another set-up piece for watts who still need an easier way to set their field to.

4. HijackAttack with Darklight Nebula: While this solves AoJ's problem of needing a LIGHT monster to be useful, this doesn't change the fact that the main decked AoJ have almost no synergy with each other and the reward for combating  LIGHT monsters is minuscule at best outside their Extra deck, which they have a hard time accessing.

5. TFMegamanlan with Rainbow Wyvern: Not being a Crystal Beast really hurts, since this can't be searched by Pegasus or Beacon, and is not a Rainbow Ruin fodder or be another name for Rainbow Dragon. I guess being able to activate the effect when detached in any way is nice, but still, it's another inconsistent piece in a really fragile deck. Also, Rainbow Ruin never have the need to be more accessible, it just need another fodder that's decent at least, and you can already recycle CBs with Blessing. Also, this still doesn't justify the deck to run either Rainbow Dragons, both still really terrible. 

And sorry for the long delay. Congratulation for the winners, and for the rest, better luck next time!

See you all in the next installment!

Wow, thanks for the review and for the contest.

I really liked they way you put it: slow down the other decks instead of attempting to catch up with them.

You got a point with Hunders, Sacreds and Bujins being barely affected by the deck, but this was kind of intented as I didn't want the Field Spell to affect all opposing decks and in a way keep Ice Barriers on check (similar to how Verz Ophion gives you the upper hand against Synchros and Main Deck Bosses, while most Xyz decks remain unaffected by it).

However, what I didn't consider is that the decks you mention can simply tech the Field Spell and a couple of Terraformings if needed for control over their opponent. Maybe I should add a condition to the first effect like "While you have an Ice Barrier monster on your field or in your Graveyard:" to make it exclusive to Ice Barriers.

Archived