Arts and Crafts

Tormented

2gy7hog.jpg

[hr]

Why?

Because art binds us, it's a way of expressing ourselves and it is a way of learning parts of yourself that you never truly realised that you had. I love art, much as I love my family, much as I love you and art doesn't just come in one shape and size, art is what you make of it albeit different amounts of "skill" different amounts of time it is something that we take for granted and that Is why I feel this is a place that we can discuss how to improve on it and what you like about it as well as getting comments on your pieces.

[hr]

Who?

Anyone and everyone, if you appreciate art this is the place to be. If you want to become a designer/artist this is the place to be. Wish to give people advice? This is the place to be. No matter your reasoning you are welcomed here and so long as we keep discussions civil I have no reasoning not to allow you here.

[hr]

What?

Arts and Crafts will house many a number of events. Graphical Competitions, a place to request to 1v1 another designer/artist and improve with each of their own. I'm also interested in setting up an "Arts and Crafts" shops in the section of YCM which will house a group of designers and allow for them to broaden their skills as well as help with other users. Please get this out of your head if you believe this place is for people who are "skilled" designers, this is far from it. This is a place to appreciate arts and help improve your skills.

[hr]

Main Section

Rules: The main rule is to keep it somewhat related to graphics and the regular YCM rules. Posting Templates, Tutorials or all around useful information on anything related to art is pretty much allowed however do not post NSFW, as much as I am fine with it the YCM Rules say otherwise.

"Application":

Username:

Artistic "Skill Level": Novice, Adept, Expert

Favourite Art Styles: Anime, Digital, Traditional etc

Software to Use:

Brief Description of Knowledge:

Sections Frequented:

Current Agenda: Discussion.

Last Updated: 30/09/2013

Member List:

Staff:

Tormented

Members:

Seija Kijin

Enrise

DA

Thar

Plainview

Decibel

'Night

Sumire

AixDivadis
[hr]

"Application":

Username: Seija Kijin

Artistic "Skill Level": Novice.

Favourite Art Styles: Kind of anything, personal preference mainly.

Software to Use: GIMP, Imovie, Flash.

Brief Description of Knowledge: Small amounts of art history, barely anything technical.

Sections Frequented: CC, 1on1s, TCG, General, Games, C&O.

You said this place would be pretty. And you said you were honest about it too.

IT'S NOT PRETTY ENOUGH.

Username: Enrise

Artistic "Skill Level": Adept

Favorite Art Styles: Traditional

Software to Use: N/A (Though I'm probably going to use GIMP for touch-ups)

Brief Description of Knowledge: I'm not sure what you want here. Do you mean what mediums do I use, or just about the art style I practice?

Sections Frequented: RP, General, Status, occasionally Showcase for lulz.

"Application":

Username: Seija Kijin

Artistic "Skill Level": Novice.

Favourite Art Styles: Kind of anything, personal preference mainly.

Software to Use: GIMP, Imovie, Flash.

Brief Description of Knowledge: Small amounts of art history, barely anything technical.

Sections Frequented: CC, 1on1s, TCG, General, Games, C&O.

Welcome

You said this place would be pretty. And you said you were honest about it too.

IT'S NOT PRETTY ENOUGH.

Username: Enrise

Favorite Art Styles: Traditional

Software to Use: N/A (Though I'm probably going to use GIMP for touch-ups)

Brief Description of Knowledge: I'm not sure what you want here. Do you mean what mediums do I use, or just about the art style I practice?

Sections Frequented: RP, General, Status, occasionally Showcase for lulz.

You too, vaginaman. Anyway the Brief description is like how much you know the software etc etc 

Welcome

You too, vaginaman. Anyway the Brief description is like how much you know the software etc etc 

-Insert picture here-

So like, how much technical knowledge I have of GIMP? I figured it would be knowledge of the art style, which would be traditional, and what sort of mediums are used in my style. Welp, I could wing it, but you already accepted me, so. . .

Anyways, I'll go ahead and link the club to my sig.

Application":

Username: D.A. 

Artistic "Skill Level": Novice

Favourite Art Styles: Digital, Traditional, Some Manga styles(Goes by an artist to artist basis).

Software to Use: Gimp, Pixler

Brief Description of Knowledge: I'v done a bit in most graphic design. Enough that I know the basics but nothing beyond that. To be more specific I'v done spriting for icons, pokemon splicing, minecraft skining. Rendering images is also something I'v worked on. There is other stuff but nothing I consider relevant. 

Sections Frequented: TCG/OCG, Custom Cards, Games, Clubs, General, Anime&Manga

Application":

Username: D.A. 

Favourite Art Styles: Digital, Traditional, Some Manga styles(Goes by an artist to artist basis).

Software to Use: Gimp, Pixler

Brief Description of Knowledge: I'v done a bit in most graphic design. Enough that I know the basics but nothing beyond that. To be more specific I'v done spriting for icons, pokemon splicing, minecraft skining. Rendering images is also something I'v worked on. There is other stuff but nothing I consider relevant. 

Sections Frequented: TCG/OCG, Custom Cards, Games, Clubs, General, Anime&Manga

Accepted.

I draw stuff, add titles on GIMP and play around with effects I don't really know what they do. I dunno.

Decent with transitions on Imovie, although I've been generally using video editing software for 4 years, the first of which being WMM.

Flash, I generally know how to use the bone tool, create those path things that are needed for an animation to function, god I don't remember what they are called.

UsernameLolithar (colloquially known as Thar)

Favorite Art Styles: I like all styles.

Software to UseGIMP

Brief Description of KnowledgeI started drawing when I was two-years old. My first real memory of drawing was with a Magnedoodle. After that, I remember my drawings being admired by the majority of my art class in Elementary School. My sketching improved during my High School drawing classes as well as the finding of my preferred medium - chalk. After a few years' hiatus, I started doing more chalk drawings, which you can find in the Showcase section.

Sections FrequentedC&O, General, and sometimes Multimedia

Username: Plainview

Artistic Skill Level: Aha, good one

Favourite Art Styles: Abstract

Software to Use: Photoshop

Brief Description of Knowledge: I'm of the school of thought that art is a pretty free, expressive medium, so technically not a lot, but I'd like to think I can judge the artistic value of something well enough

Sections Frequented: Showcase, General, CC in bursts, hopefully I'll start frequenting Creative Writing more

Love you babes.

Application
Username: Decibel
Artistic "Skill Level": Obviously Expert It's sort of a large range... IDK. Intermediate-esque?
Favourite Art Styles: Anime, Digital (tags/tablet drawing/etc), Traditional, etcetera
Software to Use: Almost every CS6 package before CC came out (Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, etcetera). Various other smaller things or video/gif/etc stuff.
Brief Description of Knowledge: Fabulous I twiddle my fingers, use images I like, tweak settings and similar, and hope something that isn't crap comes out. Okay amount of knowledge, just can't apply it very well to make something wonderful.
Sections Frequented: Most of the forum besides the part about the actual YGO game.

Both of you are accepted. One thing though all of you should start posting whatever you make to showcase, honestly it isn't all about tags/avis etc etc

I'm also curious as to why I rarely see any Traditional art pieces, or anything other than Graphic Art.

I'll probably work on something. Expect it to be monochromatic. I haven't decided on what however.

Application
Username: Decibel
Artistic "Skill Level": Obviously Expert It's sort of a large range... IDK. Intermediate-esque?
Favourite Art Styles: Anime, Digital (tags/tablet drawing/etc), Traditional, etcetera
Software to Use: Almost every CS6 package before CC came out (Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, etcetera). Various other smaller things or video/gif/etc stuff.
Brief Description of Knowledge: Fabulous I twiddle my fingers, use images I like, tweak settings and similar, and hope something that isn't crap comes out. Okay amount of knowledge, just can't apply it very well to make something wonderful.
Sections Frequented: Most of the forum besides the part about the actual YGO game.

Accepted.

And the problem is risey is that Traditional Art does take some time to create and whilst it is beautiful some people just don't have the time to sit down and "paint" a piece.

Accepted.

And the problem is risey is that Traditional Art does take some time to create and whilst it is beautiful some people just don't have the time to sit down and "paint" a piece.

It doesn't have to be a painting. It can be something like clay sculpture, fancy custom origami, or whatever; even abstract concepts that use whatever junk is lying around and making a monument out of it, while saying how great it is with math jargon.

So many scrubs. 

Username: Fuck you.

Artistic "Skill Level": God

Favourite Art Styles: Abstract, Renaissance, Contemporary, Photo-realism, Photography, Photo-manipulation, Digital paintings, Vector/vexel. 

Software to Use: God's Image Manipulation Program.

Brief Description of Knowledge: Who the fuck do you think this is? 

Sections Frequented: Whatever's in my job description. 

So many scrubs. 

Username: Fuck you.

Artistic "Skill Level": God

Favourite Art Styles: Abstract, Renaissance, Contemporary, Photo-realism, Photography, Photo-manipulation, Digital paintings, Vector/vexel. 

Software to Use: God's Image Manipulation Program.

Brief Description of Knowledge: Who the fuck do you think this is? 

Sections Frequented: Whatever's in my job description. 

DENIED. FUCK YOU TOO.

Welcome aboard pussy bitch. Accepted.

Username: Sumire

Favourite Art Styles: Sewing, crafting (mostly felt), make-up

Software to Use: /

Brief Description of Knowledge: ...I use a needle and thread or sewing machine to create something.:'D Most of the time I dabble within styles like Gyaru, Sweet Gal, Agejo, Lolita, casual, glamourous or Rock, but it just depends on my mood or what I have to do. I prefer making accessories and bags.

Sections Frequented: General, Multimedia, C/O, RP and sometimes looking at a bit of everything

Archived