Punk Goes Pop

WindupRabbitFan14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB0I-FuXRwA

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDRwKptys3M

---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftE9uSPpecs

Featuring what could easily be the best lyric videos ever, what do you think of the songs? I'm sure they won't appeal to most, but I think they're pretty cool.
My favourites across all the CDs are "Ass Back Home", "Grenade", "Just The Way You Are" and "Disturbia".

(Also, you can listen to Boyfriend or Call Me Maybe and get away with it ;) )

Rock/Punk does the best pop covers, I'm not ashamed to listening to those versions of pop songs. Love Sleeping With Siren's version of Cee Lo Green's F*** You, very catchy (then again I've only heard the radio edit version of the original Forget You)

Punk goes Pop is, in general, just awesome. It's nice to hear what's popular sung with some actual balls for once. (Although, there's still bad ones like SWS covering Fuck You, but opinions opinions.)

Best song is definitely Little Lion Man by Tonight Alive though. Took an already great song and made it so much better.

This series should've ended when they decide to use more shitty genericore bands instead of actual punk or at the very least, talented/tolerable bands again. - i.e August Burns Red, TDWP.

I thought that they only did use genericore bands through the entire series, the more you know.

I thought that they only did use genericore bands through the entire series, the more you know.

AFI, RX Bandits, New Found Glory, Yellow Card, Reach The Sky, Thrice, Rise Against, From Autumn To Ashes, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Sugarcult, The Devil Wears Prada, Bayside, August Burns Red, Four Year Strong, Anti Flag, VersaEmerge and The Word Alive.

The bold ones are the one I actually listen to while the rest are quite good, just not really to my liking. Hard to believe these band get featured on a Punk Goes album...

AFI, RX Bandits, New Found Glory, Yellow Card, Reach The Sky, Thrice, Rise Against, From Autumn To Ashes, Taking Back Sunday, Thursday, Sugarcult, The Devil Wears Prada, Bayside, August Burns Red, Four Year Strong, Anti Flag, VersaEmerge and The Word Alive.

The bold ones are the one I actually listen to while the rest are quite good, just not really to my liking. Hard to believe these band get featured on a Punk Goes album...

Thrice and From Autumn To Ashes got on those albums too? Eh Rise Against are kind of Punk-ish so that I can understand

Thrice used to tour with a lot of punk bands in the good ol days...Rise Against is one of them and they aren't the band they are now.

Check out Grammatizator for how RA used to be.

The Sufferer And The Witness was the last decent album that RA put out, Grammatizator is awesome.

Maybe this is just my ignorance speaking, but that was more like pop goes djent. 

But really, this is more metalcore than punk, at least to me. 

Metalcore is Hardcore based which comes from Punk, so I can somewhat see "Pop Goes Punk"

The Sufferer And The Witness was the last decent album that RA put out, Grammatizator is awesome.

Appeal to Reason and Endgame might not be the best but it's pretty good-issh albeit being a bit mainstream and they're great live. Both ATR and EG are much better when you watch them perform live. You should also check out The Killing Tree. It's Tim's side project and it's a lot more heavier compare to RA.

Agreed on Grammatizator. It's badassery in it's purest form.

Maybe this is just my ignorance speaking, but that was more like pop goes djent. 

But really, this is more metalcore than punk, at least to me. 

These series used to feature covers done by punk bands from multiple subgenre of punk i.e Punk Rock/Hardcore Punk/Pop Punk and some metalcore/post hardcore/hardcore bands that tour a lot with punk bands. Then shit happens and now it's mostly features genericore band from either Fearless Rec or Rise Rec.

Rock/Punk does the best pop covers, I'm not ashamed to listening to those versions of pop songs. Love Sleeping With Siren's version of Cee Lo Green's F*** You, very catchy (then again I've only heard the radio edit version of the original Forget You)

I love that one <3

Omfg, Mayday Parade's cover of Somebody That I Used To Know is absolutely amazing.

Appeal to Reason and Endgame might not be the best but it's pretty good-issh albeit being a bit mainstream and they're great live. Both ATR and EG are much better when you watch them perform live. You should also check out The Killing Tree. It's Tim's side project and it's a lot more heavier compare to RA.

I did see Rise Against live earlier during this year, they were pretty good live, Appeal To Reason I'll admit had some tracks on it that I liked, though Endgame has nothing on it that I enjoy. I'll definitely look into The Killing Tree.

It's nice to be reminded that Punk really did die in the 80s by hearing that these dull, two-a-penny metalcore bands are apparently what constitutes Punk music now. I'm not a particularly big fan of Punk (I consider it a one-trick-pony, for starters), but comparing any of this shite with The Clash, Pistols, Angelic Upstarts or The Burial seems obscene.

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice to be reminded that Punk really did die in the 80s by hearing that these dull, two-a-penny metalcore bands are apparently what constitutes Punk music now. I'm not a particularly big fan of Punk (I consider it a one-trick-pony, for starters), but comparing any of this shite with The Clash, Pistols, Angelic Upstarts or The Burial seems obscene.

>Punk died in the 80's

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri5F633xSsY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtIbGik0Sys[/media]

Archived