Field Card Contest (Finished)

wightpower

My previous contest had a bit of a Halloween theme, and while I might have some ideas for a Thanksgiving contest, that's still a ways away. With a large chunk of October left I felt like using up the time with a small contest about Field Spell Cards. I feel like I don't see enough of them on this site, and now we're going to amend that. Now, some basic guidelines:

• As I plan to do with all of my contests, there is no required entry feeHowever: the maximum donation I will accept for this is 30 points per entrant. No more than that. If an entrant donates anything, every other entrant must meet the same amount that they raised. So if one of you donates 10 points to the pot, everyone else has to donate 10 points. If someone else puts in 20, everyone else has to meet the same amount. Again, you can't go higher than 30 here.

• If no one donates anything, this is a no-points-prize contest for fun, but I'll give first place a rep or something (still not 100% what that means or how I do it, but whatever). If someone donates, then I'll start adjusting the prize amounts based on how much is in the pot.

I will be accepting entrants until October 15th. I'll probably accept entrants even after that, but the 15th is when the contest is officially underway.

• All entrants must be in by October 25th, no later. I don't want to get in the way of any Halloween shenanigans with this, so that is the absolute final date. It's more than enough time to make one card. Even when you inevitably submit a card 5 seconds after you join, you impatient sods, you are fully allowed to edit and update your card until the 25th.

• Your goal is to submit a Field Spell Card. Just one. I will mostly be focusing on how creative you are with your designs and how you change/break/reshape the game with what you make. Your cards should be realistic and balanced, but don't restrict yourself if it takes the fun out of your card. Don't be afraid to try a new idea with your field card. Think outside the box.

• As far as support, your field card can support anything you want, even specific archetypes. I might dock you some points if you support cards that already have enough field support in real life, but I'm not going to hold it against you if you make an archetype-supporting field spell. Your card can be as splashable or specific as you want.

• I don't grade too harshly on your OCG unless I can't tell what the effect is supposed to be. As long as I get the general gist of your effect, it should be fine.

I guess that's it. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!

EDIT: I thought I should say something before you finish your cards. I've grown really tired of recent Field Spells being glorified Continuous Spells. Remember way back when when Field Spell affected everything on the field, and smart players could manipulate the effect to their advantage even when it was the opponent's card. When did Field Spells become only beneficial to the controller? I blame the Seal of Orichalcos, fun a card it may be. Think on this when you make your cards. I'll be more favorable to cards that effect the entire field rather than just advancing the strategy of the card's controller. 

Hello, here is my card. Firstly i made a Reptilianne supporting, but i thought it was very simple, so i made another...

6xBV3LV.jpg

Once per turn you can pay 200 life points to choose one card in your opponent's hand and declare if that card's name starts with a vowel or a consonant. If you cal it right: if that card's name started with a vowel put one "V-counter" on this card; if it started with a consonant put a "C-counter" on this card.
If this card would be destroyed by a card effect you could remove one of these counters instead. Once pper turn you can remove two V-counters from this card to target one card on the field and return it to its owner's hand. Once per turn you can remove two C-counters from this card to target one monster on the field: once during this turn, if it would be destroyed, it is not.

Here's my Entry

[spoiler=Temple of Rituals]

image_zps9cb12ae3.jpg

During your Draw Phase; you may Reveal a Ritual Spell Card: Add a Ritual Monster from your Deck to your Hand, or Reveal a Ritual Monster: Add 1 Ritual Spell card from your Deck to your Hand instead of Drawing. When a Ritual Monster is Summoned, Target 1 Card: Destroy that target. If a Ritual Monster would be Destroyed, Banish a Ritual Spell Card from your Graveyard instead.

[/spoiler]

Very nice Ritual Support. I'll tell you now, if you change the effects to apply to both players, I'll be more favorable to this card. I miss when Field Spells affected the whole field instead of just the controller's side.

Alright everyone. You have 9 more days to finish your cards. By the way, where the heck did the first half of October go? I swear the month just started.

[spoiler=cake]HnyHB3s.jpg

Text:

While this card remains face-up on the field, both players can only declare 1 attack per turn.

If an Attack position monster you control destroys an Attack position monster your opponent controls by battle, put 1 "Red" Counter on this card. If an Attack position monster your opponent controls destroys an Attack position monster you control by battle, put 1 "Blue" Counter on this card.

If this card has 5 more "Red" counters than "Blue" counters on it, you win the Duel. If this card has 4 more "Blue" counters than "Red" counters on it, your opponent wins the Duel.[/spoiler]

Alright guys, there are only 3 more days to send in your cards. Only 3 of you have sent me anything yet, so if you're not done by the 25th, you're out of the contest.

Avaren: Very clever concept. Unfortunately, I'm unable to reference your field spell by name. I wasn't expecting any instant win conditions for this contest, but you executed yours well.

wightpower: thank you. I gave some thought to the card and I wanted something to put to the image, this was a perfect reason to as well as the inspiration for it.

To everyone else: send in your field-spell, I'm interested to see what you come up with!

I be back, Wight.

Ow2Bdwx.jpg

Fog Forest - Wanderland of the Lost

When a monster is Summoned, except by the effect of this card, the controller of that monster reveals cards from the top of their Deck equal to the Level/Rank of the Summoned monster; The revealed monster with the least ATK is Special Summoned under the opponent's control (The opponent selects the Battle Position). The other revealed cards are shuffled into the Deck. If a monster declares an attack while the opponent controls a monster Special Summoned by this card's effect, the opponent can change the attack target to that monster.

Archived