Discussion : Chimeratech Overdragon

Guest Chaos Pudding

Well' date=' it isn't that bad, unless your whole deck is made for it. Like getting Future Fusion and Overload Fusion, that is deadly. But one card like Mirror Force or Magic Cylinder can wipe it out. But that is only if you're lucky, I guess.

[/quote']

Running Magic Cylinder in a non-Burn deck is pro.

And that leaves you with 1 card out of 40 to counter Chimeratech. Not good odds, TBQH.

Well' date=' it isn't that bad, unless your whole deck is made for it.

[/quote']

Butterfly Dagger - Elma.

Like getting Future Fusion and Overload Fusion' date=' that is deadly.

[/quote']

We're getting close to the reason for banning this here, but we're approaching it from the wrong angle.

But one card like Mirror Force or Magic Cylinder can wipe it out. But that is only if you're lucky' date=' I guess.

[/quote']

Magic Cylinder sucks and is only used in burn. People running Chimeratech activate Heavy Storm or Giant Trunade in advance anyhow.

Guest Chaos Pudding

no if u base ur deck on it that is ur choice well think of the should dragon master knight be banned because u can fill ur whole deck with dragons and get its attack up to 10' date='000 atk so no no banning!

[/quote']

How do you suppose you can get out Dragon Master Knight in the first place?

I agree with b7hamma, the problem is Overload Fusion. But yes, I suppose they could ban Chimeratech, they have plenty of ways to bury this one. They're already hunting down all the other OTKs, and Chimeratech's is quite the obvious one. :/

They banned Time Seal and Chimeratech is legal. That's an interesting thought.

I agree with b7hamma' date=' the problem is Overload Fusion. But yes, I suppose they could ban Chimeratech, they have plenty of ways to bury this one. They're already hunting down all the other OTKs, and Chimeratech's is quite the obvious one. :/

[/quote']

You're missing the point.

Keeping Chimeratech legal forces Overload Fusion and (possibly) Future Fusion to be Limited. Banning Chimeratech lets people run them both at 3 again. You need to decide which would help the game more: Chimeratech, or 3 Overload and 3 Future. Chimeratech is only used for OTKs in a single decktype, but Future can be used in any deck with Fusions, and Overload makes Cyberdarks and Gatling Dragon more playable.

Chimeratech OTK isn't dangerous, but the restriction on Overload and Future is an unnecessary problem.

I agree with b7hamma' date=' the problem is Overload Fusion. But yes, I suppose they could ban Chimeratech, they have plenty of ways to bury this one. They're already hunting down all the other OTKs, and Chimeratech's is quite the obvious one. :/

[/quote']

You took it the wrong way.

I want CTD banned so Overload/Fusion can be used... the same way I want Cyber-Twin/End banned so we can get Metamorphosis back.

[/quote']

You're missing the point.

Keeping Chimeratech legal forces Overload Fusion and (possibly) Future Fusion to be Limited. Banning Chimeratech lets people run them both at 3 again. You need to decide which would help the game more: Chimeratech, or 3 Overload and 3 Future. Chimeratech is only used for OTKs in a single decktype, but Future can be used in any deck with Fusions, and Overload makes Cyberdarks and Gatling Dragon more playable.

Chimeratech OTK isn't dangerous, but the restriction on Overload and Future is an unnecessary problem.

No, I couldn't word things properly: I didn't mean Overload needs to be banned; I meant the only reaon Chimeratech works is because of Overload. So as long as Chimeratech is legal, Overload will be limited because of that one card; the problem is that Overload works so well in that OTK (actually, it's what makes it possible), that it ends up being retricted for the wrong reasons. I think there'd be no harm done in running 3 Overloads and 3 Future Fusion, if not for that particular card that seems to have been made on purpose to abuse the reasonable playability of both Fusions.

All in all, I agree with what you said completely, I just failed to express myself properly.

Archived