equip contest (finished)

Awesum13

equip cards have been underused, so i am giving them a contest of their own. the rules are simple.

• the fee is 2 points, though donations are greatly appreciated.
  • the prizes are given out 90% of the pot to the winner, 90% of whatever's remaining to the second place, and the rest to the third placer
  • you can make as many cards as you want, but it must be a bare minimum of 2 cards
  • cards must be equip spells, or traps that become treated as equip cards, NO monsters allowed, unless they are for the bottom rule.
  • if you make them based on a specific theme (like "prophecy"), you must also include at least three other cards for that theme.
  • i am the only judge.
  • they cannot be so strong they would be forbidden if they were real. if they would, then i will notify you by quoting your post and then saying it is too OP. you will then have until judging begins to enter a new card.
  • judging begins the week after the contest begins.
  • have fun!

contestants and pot value will be updated on this page.

contestants:
Someone_Incarnate
Dark Fetus
guardianfire
StealthyTyranitar

pot:
176 points

point sent and just finished 1 card (other cards coming soon)

gFRGEKX.jpg

A Fiend-Type monster equipped with this card increases its ATK and DEF by 300 points. Once per turn, if the DARK monster equipped with this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can discard 1 card. If you do: The equipped monster is unaffacted by your opponent's card effects and its DEF becomes 0 until the End Phase, and if you do, change it to Defense Position. When this face-up card on the field is sent to the Graveyard: Each player draws 2 card, then each player discards those cards.

cards

1: Bow of Flames

http://imgur.com/mbMhjs3

Lore: Equip to a Pyro Type monster. If the Equipped monster attacks another monster and destroys it, the Equipped monster can attack again (max. attacks 3).

2: Shield of Frozen Light 

http://i.imgur.com/dI66fQd.jpg

Lore: Equip to 1 of your opponent's monster, that monster cannot attack or switch battle positions. If the Equipped monster is destroyed by battle, Banish it and deal your opponent with damage equal to the Banished monster's ATK points.

Sorry, the spell type and effect won't load for whateve reason, but here is my first card:

paIITkJ.jpg

Lore: Equip only to a level 4 or lower Monster. The equiped monster gains 300 ATK and DEF. When the equipped Monster is sent to the graveyard, equip this card to a monster on your side of the field. Put one "Soul Token" on this card each time you activate this effect. A Monster equipped with this card gains an additional 200 ATK and DEF for each "Soul Token" on this card.

Sorry, the spell type and effect won't load for whateve reason, but here is my first card:

paIITkJ.jpg

Lore: Equip only to a level 4 or lower Monster. The equiped monster gains 300 ATK and DEF. When the equipped Monster is sent to the graveyard, equip this card to a monster on your side of the field. Put one "Soul Token" on this card each time you activate this effect. A Monster equipped with this card gains an additional 200 ATK and DEF for each "Soul Token" on this card.

this card is a little too OP. i don't want any card like this. since it is before the judging, i will give you until then to post a different card. if you don't, you will be disqualified.

So, no Union monsters?

no unions.

I want to join, but how do you pay the fee?

you go on my profile, select the button that says "donate points" and then donate the fee.

There are about 100000 different cards that can destroy spell cards, how is this OP?

04BmMSL.jpg Here's my other card Lore:A monster equipped with this card gains 500 DEF. Once per a turn, you may negate one attack, and put a "Burst Counter" on the equipped monster. When a monster equipped with this card would be destroyed by battle, put 5 "Burst Counters" on the equipped monster and destroy this card instead. When a monster with "Burst Counters" on it is sent to the graveyard, it's controller loses 150 life points for each "Burst Counter" on it. You may negate this effect by sacrificing a monster with attack equal to or greater than the Life Points you would lose by this effect

My second card

fhrZNo7.jpg

A DARK monster equipped with this card increases its ATK by 500 points and decreases its ATK by 200 points for each card in your hand. When you draw this card (except during the Damage Step), if you have no other cards in your hand: You can reveal this card and target 1 Level 4 or lower "Infernity" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position and equip it with this card. When this card is destroyed, destroy the equipped monster. When the equipped monster is removed from the field and this card is sent to the Graveyard while you have no cards in your hand; return this card to the top of your Deck

this make me reach minimum requirement however i will create another card if i have time :)

7mVPzTV.jpg You may equip this card to an opponent's monster. A monster equipped with this card cannot attack. At the Third End Phase after this card was activated, send this card to the graveyard. You can negate this effect by equipping this card to your own monster for 3 turns. After this effect resolves, you may move this card back to your hand. This card cannot be retrieved from the Graveyard.

There are about 100000 different cards that can destroy spell cards, how is this OP?

04BmMSL.jpg Here's my other card Lore:A monster equipped with this card gains 500 DEF. Once per a turn, you may negate one attack, and put a "Burst Counter" on the equipped monster. When a monster equipped with this card would be destroyed by battle, put 5 "Burst Counters" on the equipped monster and destroy this card instead. When a monster with "Burst Counters" on it is sent to the graveyard, it's controller loses 150 life points for each "Burst Counter" on it. You may negate this effect by sacrificing a monster with attack equal to or greater than the Life Points you would lose by this effect

soul fragment is op because no matter how many times you destroy it, it always stays, and makes the equipped monster stronger. no cards are allowed that stay on the field after being destroyed. no exceptions, unless a price is paid.

soul fragment is op because no matter how many times you destroy it, it always stays, and makes the equipped monster stronger. no cards are allowed that stay on the field after being destroyed. no exceptions, unless a price is paid.

You seem to forget that Soul Fragment only regenerates itself when the monster it is equipped to leaves the field. If you destroy the Equip Spell itself, it will stay in the Graveyard without asking further questions.

a lot of nice cards, folks! i am already having trouble deciding! Toyoko, you have to enter your last card by the 16th, or you will be disqualified.

You seem to forget that Soul Fragment only regenerates itself when the monster it is equipped to leaves the field. If you destroy the Equip Spell itself, it will stay in the Graveyard without asking further questions.

still. i think it is unfair

So the one reason that you say that my card is OP is disproven, yet you still think its OP? Seriously, what's the problem? And plus, by pure logic, if you destroy all the users monsters, the card has to stay in the graveyard. And seriously, you don't find mask of illusion OP at all? Foolish burial with something with ridiculously high ATK, and you've got quillbolt hedgehog with 4000 ATK, as well as a level 8 monster

Archived