Teen Titans: Heroes to Be [PG16/IC/Always Accepting]

Ren✧

Jaden's light shield finally diminished, shattering as if glass, seeing the group fight off the other automaton assailants. That's when Miss Fortune did her thing...and wow was it amazing. However, only a few automaton's survived (shockingly)...but Jaden's thoughts still stood with one person's outburst really began to upset him.

Nen...

"Watch it! Stay out of my way!"

Everyone else seemed to understand that it was giving them time to strategize and even get a safe distance back. But the fish boy didn't...the hot headed, and possibly womanizer didn't even care about the others. It really pushed him to the boiling point, but was struck down by the assailant he was fighting, which made him stumble back. "OK...you know what...its go time now!" Jaden glared at the automaton and gripped the Royal Blade tightly.

"PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! LIBERATOR!!"

A huge light shone from the blade, as it caught the eyes of not just the automatons, but of the group of Titans as well. The light engulfed Jaden...and as it slowly died down...Jaden had been transformed...into the warrior Liberator!

"Now...its time I ended you!" Liberator spoke with such a sense of determination, as he pointed the Royal Blade at the assailant, as he rushed towards him. The assailant tried to back up, but a light shield appeared behind him, as if blocking him like a wall. Liberator smirked as he slashed upwards at the startled assailant, making the most of the impact from the attack at the neck of the automaton. There...the assailant fell, as Liberator sheathed his blade, looking at the other Titans.

"Really?! The weird kid?! I got shown up by that?!" Nen grumbled angrily as he dodged the multiple fists that came flying at him from his robotic assailant. Rolling his eyes, Nen moved to make a neck strike and finish this stupid training exercise, but before he could follow through with the attack, he heard a large explosion, followed by several stinging strikes in his forearm. "Holy sh*t!" Nen screamed, falling backwards. He had been hit with some of the bullets shot by Miss Fortune. The excess of water that Nen had intook worked quickly to heal the wounds, but it didn't matter. The damage had been done. Now on the floor, Nen was exposed to his robotic attacker who was on him in seconds. The metal fists came flying and Nen barely had enough time to protect his face. "This is getting ridiculous." Nen muttered to himself. 

Closing his eyes, Nen switched the flow of water from his entire body to his stomach. In a flash Nen's engorged stomach sent the robot flying outward. "Didn't expect that one, did ya?" With the tables turned, Nen flew at his downed attacker, and with one hit to the neck, Nen severed the robotic head. 

Alice noted. The practice was quite intense. Naturally, since they were Titans Alpha. They were killing one by one. Pretty miserable. So now, she did not have a choice. The practice was just too intense.

After punching a heavy blow onto the bot in front of her, she had thought of a thing most foolish.

"I... I think I have a plan... KKKKYYYYAAAAA!"

With a high-pitched scream of fear, some of the drones began to approach her, and she began to shiver. The drones began to engulf her, one by one. Just then, a flash of dark aura appeared, before these drones were sliced by some- no- two blades. In another flash of dark aura and the gradual disappearance of smoke, Alice emerged from the debris, wearing only bandages on her chest and lower body. Her hair was a mess for a second, but then sprung back to her sidetail drills. Apparently there was armour with twin blades in the middle of the debris.

Alice blushed heavily, before picking up her top from the debris and putting it on, then proceeding to pick up the twin blades. "Heavy... Heavy..." she muttered, before putting one of them down and using two hands to wield the other.

She then began to swing in a clumsy manner. "Woah... Woah!"

At least she now had a weapon. Using her clumsy spinning, she sliced through a few drones with the heavy blade. Just then, an array of mechanical arms were flung at her. "Here we go, good to go..."

She proceeded to spin and slice through most of them, but missed just one, which punched her in the chest with a heavy blow, causing her to fall, and her blade was at a distance. One of the drones stepped on her blade.

This seemed bad.

Nen continued to watch as more drones began to overtake his teammates. Alice especially seemed to be having a tough time with them, but something strange had happened when Nen had lost sight of her. When she reappeared she was wielding a massive sword and Nen knew that there was more to the clumsy, shy girl than she was letting on. "This is taking forever..." Nen said getting fed up with training exercise. It really was quite boring once the initial shock and wonder of the Tower's technology was placed aside. The drones weren't any tougher than high school bullies...with muscles of steel and iron. 

[hr]

Lukas had finished off a number of drones, using his shadow manipulation to sever their heads. It had seemed that the program had picked out the weakest members of the team and were targeting Alice. With a sigh, Lukas began to work his magic and began to take apart the drones that had targeted Alice. In the mean time, Lukas noticed that Joel had taken a back seat, studying the other members of the team while Jaden had summoned the true power of his blade and was taking on a good number of the drones. Miss Fortune had executed an impressive move that had endangered the team at whole, but it seemed to do its job. Nen faced off against a small number of drones, a bored expression on his face. "This is accomplishing nothing..." Lukas said, taking note of the fact that nothing new was being discovered about the people here. From first glance he had deduced that Alice was a weak link, that Joel was a cool, analytical strategist, that Jaden was a fiery warrior and leader, that Miss Fortune and Nen were reckless clowns. This training exercise was just a waste of time.

And it seemed that Darwin had thought much the same. There was a deep rumbling and suddenly the roof had returned to its normal appearance. The sudden change in environment had knocked nearly all the Titans on to their asses as well as blinded them with the midday sun. "What the Hell?"Nen cried out. 

[hr]

"That was truly pitiful." Darwin said, appearing on the center of the roof. His statement aroused an outcry from some of the more exuberant Titans which he quickly quelled with a raised hand. "All of your performances were less than satisfactory. However, it seemed that Lukas was beginning to grasp the meaning of the exercise. Would you like to share with the others what that was, Lukas?" Darwin asked, singling Lukas out. The attention that the shadow-wielding Titan received no doubt angered Nen who had been trying so hard to be the star. However, Lukas either didn't notice or didn't care because he quickly answered with his usual apathetic tone. "The point of the exercise was to build trust between one another and act as team." Darwin nodded along with the statement. "More or less. And you all failed." Nen rose to his feet, anger apparent on his face. "Well, I would have done better if it weren't for mister 'Liberator' getting in the way!" Nen said, poking his finger in Jaden's chest. He fixed the warrior with a dangerous glare and the tension in the air was visible. 

Liberator had dissipated as the training...well apparently ended, signaling they had failed. And what person of the group deciding to get all hot and bubbly beneath the collar? None other than the Fish Boy himself.

Emotional OST ~ Trinisette

"Well, I would have done better if it weren't for mister 'Liberator' getting in the way!"

Jaden's eyes narrowed as Nen poked a finger at his chest, as he smacked Nen's hand away on reflex. "Getting in the way? First off, I was thinking of the group when I placed that shield up. It was to keep the team protected while they came up with an idea to retaliate!" he said, as he took his hands and pushed Nen's chest, forcing him back a bit. "However, someone of your caliber of skill wouldn't understand that, Nen! Everyone else adapted to the idea...EXCEPT YOU!" he said, clenching his fists. "And you apparently stay in enough water...I'm surprised you haven't learned how to adapt!!"

As the two boys began to argue back and forth with this, a small blue light began to slowly shine bright within the sky...seeming to inch closer and closer to the tower.

Nen had had enough. It was bad enough that he had been shown up by Lukas during the training and then humiliated by Darwin as he suddenly ended the training and called them all failures BUT then this self-righteous, sword-swinging idiot decided that he was somehow the protector of the team. "You think that I didn't know what the Hell was going? Of course I knew we were supposed to act like a team, but no one learns anything with someone holding their hand the entire way through it! So spare me this self righteous speech." Nen could feel the heat rising in his face. He had had enough of this idiot. Pulling back his arm, Nen launched a well aimed punch for Jaden's face.

"You think that I didn't know what the Hell was going? Of course I knew we were supposed to act like a team, but no one learns anything with someone holding their hand the entire way through it! So spare me this self righteous speech."

"Bring it!" Jaden glared as he raised his fist, pulling his arm back before launching his own fist towards Nen...however...fate began to play a different hand.

In fearful day, In raging night

With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.

When all seems lost in the War of Light,

Look to the skies...

The entire team heard this voice, as it echoed and even sounded like it was getting closer and closer. As the two boy's fists closed in on each other's desired targets...that blue light shone brighter and slammed down into the tower's roof...right between the two boys. Then the voice was heard again.

For Hope burns bright!!

Before the entire team and Darwin, stood a Blue Lantern, his hands blocking the respective boy's fists, blocking them. "Teammates...shouldn't be striking at each other." he said, pushing the fists away. "Pardon my tardiness. I am Xel'Lex, Blue Lantern...and the last member of the Titans."

Jaden moved back as he was surprised to see a Lantern in their midst. However, he looked at his fist and glanced at Nen. Looking away, his shoved his hands back into his pockets, slowly walking away.

"I guess we are pretty new to teamwork. Maybe it's just me..." Alice pondered. She then dropped her heavy blade on the ground, then appeared to be sulking. Not heavily, of course.

She then looked at the armour she appeared to have moulted. Noting how heavy it was, she proceeded to remove the headgear first, which was still heavy.

Just then, Nen and Jaden began fighting. Causing Alice to shiver in fright. Something told her that she was probably going to get used to this.

This was about when the roof broke once more. We're going at this again now... Alice proceeded to sob more obviously, but then stopped when an embodiment of hope descended upon them.

"Blue... Lantern..." Alice pondered.

Well, it looks like everyone was present. And the team was now assembled.

The drone that Joel had originally cuffed with the metal from his sword had broken loose of the bondage, winding up a punch and hauling it toward Joel. Joel jumped back to dodge it, grabbing the steel blob that was his sword and reforming it into a blade, lunging forward with a closeline-esque slice through its neck. After the attack, Joel realized that his sword was bigger than usual. He looked back, seeing that part of the drone's metallic arm skin was missing. Then he realized something else: The drones were back to their robotic appearance. The simulation had ended, and Joel could hear Darwin speaking in the background.

"More or less. And you all failed."

Joel was distant to this statement, as he was doing just fine. The drone, to his knowledge, didn't lay a scratch on him. In fact, with the amount of time that the exercise went on, it would've had to be a pretty fierce drone to achieve that. Joel sighed in frustration, as he wanted to continue. But then he remembered what this exercise was supposed to teach us... teamwork. Joel scoffed, turning towards Darwin to speak.

"I dunno how it is that we could possibly succeed at such a small session," he said, "How do you expect us to work as a team when each of us is occupied with our own opponent which we can't blink towards without missing a vital attack to avoid?" He sighed again, sitting in a cross-legged position, "Besides, we barely know each other. Perhaps we should spend more time with each other, get to know one another well enough to build some chemistry. Without chemistry, attempting teamwork is just a clusterf*ck."

Archived