Fiend Sculpture

Dark Strawberry

I remember seeing a card that was trying to bring out Summoned Skull some time ago, I thought, I'd have a crack at it myself. Please review/rate/fix.

6qFfqHY.jpg

Once per turn, when your opponent Summons a monster, while you control no "Summoned Skulls": Target that monster and 1 Fiend-Type monster you control; Tribute both targets, and if you, Special Summon 1 "Summoned Skull" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. It cannot be Tributed or be used a Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Material Monster. When this card leaves the field, destroy all face-up Fiend-Type monsters you control.

[spoiler=First Version of Fiend Sculpture]

BhfzLof.jpg

When your opponent Summons a monster: Tribute that monster and 1 monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Summoned Skull" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard. It cannot be Tributed or be used a Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Material Monster.

[/spoiler]

It's a little bit too easy to use.

Dark Renewal requires you to control a Spellcaster and your intended target to be in the Graveyard.

Also, Tributing your opponent's monster seems to be part of the cost in here. That's harsh because even if negated, your card still get's rid of your opponent's monster.

Super Transformation requires a Ninja to use.

I'd suggest you to require a Fiend-Type or something as setup. Any type of setup.

I also suggest you just target the 2 monsters, then Tribute them AFTER the semi-colon to indicate that it's by an effect and not a cost, making it more fair.

For the sake of flavor more than usefulness, I'd suggest making it a Continuous Trap Card, because destroying the statue means getting rid of the cursed invocation. Of course that suggestion would go along with an "if the monster is destroyed, destroy this card" clause or something similar.

Part of me wants it to be less chainable in some way, but I can't quite suggest how (sorry, I would be leave an easier to read comment but I was actually about to go to sleep).

Overall, I like the concept and would love some good and interesting Summoned Skull support like this.

It's a little bit too easy to use.

Dark Renewal requires you to control a Spellcaster and your intended target to be in the Graveyard.

Also, Tributing your opponent's monster seems to be part of the cost in here. That's harsh because even if negated, your card still get's rid of your opponent's monster.

Super Transformation requires a Ninja to use.

I'd suggest you to require a Fiend-Type or something as setup. Any type of setup.

I also suggest you just target the 2 monsters, then Tribute them AFTER the semi-colon to indicate that it's by an effect and not a cost, making it more fair.

For the sake of flavor more than usefulness, I'd suggest making it a Continuous Trap Card, because destroying the statue means getting rid of the cursed invocation. Of course that suggestion would go along with an "if the monster is destroyed, destroy this card" clause or something similar.

Part of me wants it to be less chainable in some way, but I can't quite suggest how (sorry, I would be leave an easier to read comment but I was actually about to go to sleep).

Overall, I like the concept and would love some good and interesting Summoned Skull support like this.

Thank you for reviewing. I was under the impression that it might be a little overpowered myself, but I was trying to see how I could give Summoned Skull a nice spot in semi-competitive play (somehow). Well, I remodelled it based on what you said, but added a few tweaks. :)

[quote name="Matches" post="6312085" timestamp="1385558458"]I actually really like this card. Sleepy's idea works well, the newever version looks more fun than the original version. I'm not sure if there's any mistakes with the OCG, it all looks fine.[/quote] Thanks for commenting. Hopefully, more people will provide some input as well.

Archived