How should I use the YCM?

Rebirth09

Well, I got very interested on making cards and I wanted to know if there where anything that you should know before you make a card, like the serial number, the one who made the card "At the bottom" etc.

I have read some tutorials, and they were pretty interesting, and nice to know how you should do in this forum.

(It's still my first time here and in a forum) 

I really want to be sure with these things, so I don't do anything wrong. Any help I could get would be great! :P

And I really hope that I posted this in the right section. Worried sick here. o.o"

well no need to worry, the thing u can do is just make ur card(s) and post it to let other members take a look and comment it. about serial number, creator, etc no need to care about it since some members' card are still have nothing about that, the main concept is just stat and effect, also u should know about card's grammar (we called OCG (Original Card Grammar)) but for a new member u may post ur card first and some old member will fix the OCG for u, good luck with YCM ^.^

Basically, read the stickies located inside of the Realistic Cards section (RC); Singles area; they'll help you with cardmaking.

But to sum up what you should know before making a card...

1. Decent understanding of how cards work in the game and the different mechanics (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Ritual, etc.)

2. How to write proper OCG (if you're new to this, we'll help you out; this is usually the hardest part for new members and their first cards)

3. What's going on inside the actual card game (you should read the TCG forum from time to time to get some ideas, but isn't mandatory that you do so)

4. Standard ATK/DEF ranges for each Level or Rank.

5. How to write set ID, card names, Attributes, etc.

6. What kinds of cards we don't like to see in RC (this is generally linked to cards in the actual game that cause people to hate the format; such as Dragon Rulers, Shock Ruler, etc...see #3)

7. The 21 accepted Types in Realistic Cards (do not make any cards with DIVINE/Divine-Beast; those are reserved for the God cards). Do not use Fake Types; you can make cards like those in AoC (Any Other Cards)

8. Rule of 3000 (meaning that no Normal Monster can have a Level that exceeds that of Blue-Eyes nor can it have an ATK equal to it; DEF can be higher as proven by several other cards) alongside the other cardmaking guidelines. They aren't set rules, but do try to follow their guidelines.

9. Using the image code from the generator instead of posting cards as attachments. (When you finish making card, hit generate to see your card, then left-click it to get an IMG code. Copy/paste that code onto your post when you're ready to show your card off.)

Though we'll help you along the way as you progress in cardmaking. Best of luck.

No problem.

You should be familiar with #1, 5 and 7 (card mechanics, where set/ID go and the types) at the least; those are the easiest to deal with. The rest of the stuff, as I mentioned, we'll help you with those along the way.

P.S. You should also post your card's effect underneath your submissions (even if we can read it); that way, it's easier for us to fix your OCG if needed.

Archived