[Finished]First Contest: The best one-liner ever!

Blue Amoonguss

This is officially my first contest I'm hosting, so lets do this right.

The premises for this contest: Design a card, any card. The only restriction is that the card must have only 1 sentence describing it's effects. This does not include the material requirements for XYZ, Synchro, and fusion monsters, so those are available as well. Please refrain from using run-on sentences.

Anyone can enter; the entry fee is a donation of 5 points, and there are no limits as to how many can enter.

I will donate 30 points to the pot, and divide it so that first place gets 50%, second place gets 30%, and third place gets 20%.

I will judge this on the following premises:

Originality: How unique can this card be?

Variety: Can this card go well with many decks?

Effect: Is it a useful effect?

As well as a few other premises that I will keep secret. So, remember to have fun!

Ah yes, the entries are due by Saturday at noon, sharp-ish. Just so you know.

EDIT: All judging slots have been filled. I will not accept any more judges. The following have been accepted:

Blood Blood (a little bit restricted due to participation in contest)

Scary Face

Sakura Haruno

And myself, of course.

[quote name="Blue Amoonguss" post="6322973" timestamp="1387390537"]I accept your entry and points. As for judging, I don't see why not; but you can't be biased on your entry, ergo, don't be a judge just to give yourself an edge. Alright?[/quote][quote name="Blue Amoonguss" post="6322973" timestamp="1387390537"]I accept your entry and points. As for judging, I don't see why not; but you can't be biased on your entry, ergo, don't be a judge just to give yourself an edge. Alright?[/quote] I will not, you can count on me, but I wanted to.

I guess I should make an important point about judging and entering.

If you plan on judging, you should not be participating in the contest and vice versa (if you're entering a card, you shouldn't be judging stuff).

You can figure out why that is so: There is the chance that you will grade your own card as perfect [even if there are obvious flaws to it] and everyone else gets a biased vote (especially since you're still relatively new, Blood, by virtue of your join date/post count; apologies if this comes off as elitist)

Anyway, I think most of you know the criteria I use, but for those who do not, here:

- Balance (If Konami ever released this card, will it end up on the ban/limited lists?)

- Creativity (Are you using an effect/concept that several other cards have shown or is this something original?)

- OCG (Are you using proper card grammar like what official cards have? Keep in mind that you will lose 1/2 a point for each OCG and spelling/grammatical error that is found)

Unless stated, everything is based on a 10-point scale (with 1/2 intervals [i.e. 9 / 9.5 / etc.])

37awJXP.jpg

At the end of each Standby Phase: The turn player must target 1 Spell or Trap card on the field, except this card; destroy that target. 

Intended as a deterrent to Spell and Trap over-extension, as a replacement for Heavy Storm and Giant Trunade. This has the obvious drawback of giving your opponent the same effect, and is only useful in decks that use very few Traps or Continuous Spells. 

[spoiler=Image Source]http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/universal_magic-normal.jpg[/spoiler]

Because of timezone differences (if you want to know mine, I'm GMT -10 and since I have no idea where the TC lives [and thus his time zone], no guarantee I'll be here when he/she wants it), I'll go ahead and write out the scores I gave you guys on the thread. (I posted my grading criteria earlier so there shouldn't be any surprises on what you are expected to do).

Blood Blood

B: 7.5

C: 7.5

O: 8 (lost points due to OCG/capitalization errors)

Total: 23

Kwisatz (sirburton)

B: 4 (does lock down a good amount of cards because of their OPT clause; essentially Cold Wave for those types of cards but ends at that player's End Phase [though based on the wording, can activate during either turn]. Stats are alright for a Level 8 though)

C: 9.5 (Targeting cards with specific wording, interesting.)

O: 10

Total: 23.5

banddude

B: 7

C: 9

O: 7

Total: 23

TrueMalice

B: 9 (basically a mandatory MST for whoever's turn it is, as mentioned)

C: 9.5

Total: 28.5

- Someone -

B: 10 (in a similar vein to Striker, except SS even if you have a monster at the cost of your opponent getting a free draw)

C: 9.5

O: 9.5

Total: 29

Rowling

B: 8

O: 9

Total: 26

Hikari

B: 7.5 (Any sort of draw cards aren't especially looked up to here, but you do need a specific Attribute monster [which is easy to pull off in a couple of Decks] and your opponent gets free cards as well)

Total: 26.5

As usual, you may ask about a score if I didn't provide a short note about that.

Since Sakura posted his, here's mine
My Judging Criteria
B (Balance): /10
O (OCG): /10 (1 error/-1 score)
C (Creativity): /5 (do that effect have exist in YGO? and how well u adapt it)
P (Pic): /5 (LQ image never reach 4)

My Judge's result

Blood Blood
B: 9/10
O: 7/10
C: 4/5
P: 4/5
Total: 23.5/30

Kwisatz-Haderach
B: 1/10 (I have to say that this is ridiculous broken imo, only single card that turn all Xyz into Vanilla, not to mentioned many deck will completely can't do anything while facing this card and the fact that u can either use it or not in your turn will turn this card into a 1-side cold wave)
O: 10/10
C: 5/5 (but yea, even it's broken, it's still interesting to see Konami released this card and to use this in Traditional Play
P: 3.5/5
Total: 19.5/50

banddude
O: 8/10
C: 4.5/5
P: 4.5/5
Total: 26/30

TrueMalice
B: 7/10
C: 5/5
P: 4/5
Total: 23/30

-Someone-
B: 10/10
O: 9/10
C: 5/5
P: 5/5
Total: 29/30

Rowling
B: 6/10
Total: 21.5

Hikari-chan
O: 10/10
Total: 27.5

Aww, I already predicted that I might lose a score from OCG part, but that can't help, if I use ". If you do" as it should be for official OCG, it will become 2 sentences which not allowed in this contest, ah well, ignore that, I think I satisfied enough with these score :)

Archived