Shin Megami Tensei: Genesis [IC/S/Accepting/PG-16] Co-Host - Mugino Junko

a bad post

Makoto Asai watched the curious black fog that currently surrounded his city of Tokyo. He watched birds fly in out of it as they pleased, seemingly without a care in the world. Yet the several rescue operations that had been made had all failed... well except for that one time the SDF dog had run through the barrier, and tackled a nearby woman. One had to wonder why animals could come through, but humans and even inanimate objects were unable to pass through, it was odd to say the least. 

Looking at his watch for the time Makoto sighed, as it only read 11:00, and he had become impatient waiting for tonight. Makoto turned to watch his grandmother exit the front door of her home, coming to stand next to him on the porch.

"Young and energetic boys like you shouldn't be sitting around moping all, go out! Look around town... didn't you say you were going to meet Yuki-chan today?" His grandmother chastised playfully.

"Grandma, I'm not moping-" It was then that a pretty lavender haired girl, and a pretty blonde girl walked passed the house, and Yuki to caught up in defending himself was caught off guard when his grandmother suddenly through him in front of the two girls. 

"Thosegirlsarecutemakeoneofthemyourgirlfriend!" Was all she said before darting into the house and shuting the door.

Both girls stopped in surprise from the boy in front, who was blushing furiously, after casting a bewildered look at the old woman who through him in front of them.

"A-ah, I'm Makoto Asai... n-nice to meet you?" Makoto stuttered very awkwardly, as the lavender haired girl had a bored look on her face, and the blonde looked as though she had just heard a bad joke and was trying not to laugh.

"I... see," replied the lavender haired girl in a monotone voice, "my name is Chieko Akane... perhaps you have heard of me." 

"O-oh, um yes, your always on those science shows," Makoto replied still nervous.

"I see well then, lets go Alice, we have an important schedule to keep before tonight, goodbye Makoto-kun," with that Chieko brushed passed him, disappearing into a nearby alleyway, the blonde girl, Alice presumably, in tow.

"Oh, why the hell isn't this working for?!" exclaimed a somewhat frustrated Tsukiko, "Stupid phone, can't even send a text to anyone."

Groaning in frustration, Tsukiko chucked the phone she was trying to use behind her, it landing on her bed and being cushioned from the drop. She headed out of her room and descended down the stairs, but before she could even open the door to the front entrance...

"And just where are you off to, Missy?" asked a familiar voice, causing Tsukiko to stop in her tracks.

"I... I'm just gonna see some friends, Dad," Tsukiko shyly answered, "I won't be long,"

"At this time of night?" Mr. Saibansho asked.

"Well... I don't know why they want to see me this late either," Tsukiko said in a reluctant tone, "But I can't just leave them to wonder where I am,"

Mr. Saibansho could only sigh in response to this. Unlike Tsukiko, Mr. Saibansho already knew that the mist had been causing problems for phone service, and had already devoted several hours of his work into trying to research this mist... only to be unable to obtain much about it.

"Fine, but be careful, and don't come back without any clothes on like last time," he stated flatly, causing Tsukiko to blush in embarrassment, "Oh, and if you happen to see that brother of yours at all today, tell him to come back here as well; he hasn't been around all day."

"Uh... sure," with that, Tsukiko left and closed the door behind her, before taking to the mist-induced streets before her, "Now where is this fucker?"

Somewhere in some near-bye mall some was having themselves a grand ol' time. It seemed as if Ina was coming from another one of her lavish fashion trips and  explosive shopping sprees. Luckily she didn't max out all of her credit cards like she did last time. Oh did the girls chastise her for that vigorously. It was its own level of intervention. A super intervention as it were. But that didn't mean that she couldn't have some level of fun though...right?

~Shopping Song~

Starships were meant to FLLLLYYYYY!!! Hands up and touch the SKKKYYY! Ina was singing at the top of her lungs while sounding completely tone death. Let's do this one last time! Her headphones were in her ear and she was really having a great time. Luckily she didn't come shopping alone. One of her loyal little young proteges Zelma and he was happy to carry her bags for her. Zelma treated Ina like the mother that he never had and she was glad to give him the affection he so desired and relatively needed. Ina was busy walking around and she didn't even realize that she was being followed by a couple of unruly looking characters. 

She never broke stride as she continued to make her way outside and she didn't even notice the encroachment of black mist that ensnared Tokyo. Once she got to her car she popped the trunk and Zelma began to stuff her copious amounts of shopping items into the trunk. 

BE CAREFUL ZELMA!!  She said with cartoonish fiery eyes to make sure he didn't smash anything. However both of them made a sharp glare to their side and they noticed to angry looking thuggish people approaching and glaring with malicious intent. Zelma...now listen carefully just get in the car and do as I say. I can take care of this. Ina said as she gulped fearing for the boys safety. It was then the two goons made themselves known.

Why don't you give us all your cash and the keys to the car? One of them said as he made his way into his pocket and it seemed like he was reaching for a firearm. Then that same bandit found himself with a knife in his chest. Luckily for this underhanded fellow it missed a vital spot, but this still caught Ina by surprise. She turned around to see that her young protege Zelma had thrown a knife directly at this assailant. The noble gesture was heart warming but Ina did not want the boy to interfere and besides who told him to carry knives around like that anyway? Ina looked stunned as the bandit pulled out his gun and actually shot at Zelma while shouting so profanities. Luckily Zelma ducked out of the way but the air seemed to get very tense around the car. Zelma...get in the car now. Ina said as she through her hands up as if she was about to surrender. Zelma did as commanded as these thugs got closer to her. What they didn't know though was that for a mother (or one who acts like one) never aim her children/cubs. The two boys then felt a strange heat on the nape of their necks and when they turned around it seemed that two circus dragons were behind them and...well let's just say it didn't end well for them. 

Ina got in the car while her pets fed and proceeded to scream bloody murder at Zelma. THE NEXT TIME I TELL YOU TO DO SOMETHING! DOOOOO IIITTTT! GOT IT!!! Zelma looked scared and was almost on the verge of tears until he was quickly comforted by Ina's chest. He could hear Ina talking through her own tears. You can't scare me like that anymore okay. She hugged him deeply for a moment and then they continued to drive off. Minutes later Ina actually began to notice that the time on her phone.

Ugh that sucks. Phones acting weird. 

Maybe's its this black mist stuff, Zelma suggested.

Sounds about right. Oh crap! I might be late for this creepy meeting thing from this weird adventure text I got. She yelled as she pulled up into the Silver Thorn Circus camp ground. Zelma get the girls to come empty the car I getta going. Zelma nodded as Ina was clearly distracted. All the circus came and unloaded her car and while they were doing this Ina decided to give her girls (and guys) a pep talk. 

Alright my lovelies momma is goin' out on her own little adventure so be safe...always. It was short and to the point  as she hugged everyone and departed hopefully if she loosely followed the traffic rules she could make to see the stranger danger.

[hr]

The darkness enveloping Tokyo was definitely not what Haru expected when she decided to return to the city. She had heard about how it blocked communication and effectively seals the city from the outside world. Thankfully for her, she had no intentions of getting out of the place. Not for now, as she had something important to take care about first.

“…Chieko Akane. The young prodigy that single-handedly making the demon summoning program possible.

What does that girl hides from everyone else?”

Haru threw a glance at her watch. 11.15. She originally planned to do her research in her house near Ginza, but she decided not to, after realizing that someone wrecked the place up when she was gone. Hoping that no one from the demon-summoning program research project or the Church of Tokyo noticed her, she waited for a friend of hers to pick her up.

Suddenly, she saw a glimpse of a lavender-haired woman and another blonde girl, walking to her direction. She instinctively hid herself somewhere nearby, and the two passed her seemingly without noticing her.

“..Speak of the devil. Heh, maybe she has some relation with the devil himself.

..This might be the one chance for me to uncover the truth behind the project. Guess I should follow her.”

With that, Haru silently followed the two girls, and made sure that she was distant enough from the two to avoid being caught.

[hr]

“The hell was going on here?”

Iori was upset. Really upset. He had planned to watch a baseball match in a neighboring city, but the fog ruined his plan.

He repeatedly tried to break through the fog to no avail, and this frustrated him more and more.

“DAMN YOU WEATHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!”

[hr]

The mist was still hanging around, preventing any means of leaving the city and still disabling all phone signals inside the town. It was that disabling of phone signals that currently had Mai most confused, for she wasn't sure how Minato had managed to send a message out to her, and presumably others as well by the impersonal message sent. Pushing that issue to the back of her mind for now, Mai decided to go out into town for a while, see if she could find out about any new developments in regards to the mist. Well, at the very least it was allowing the animals to come and go as they liked, even if all the humans were stuck here for now. Leaving her house, she walked down the road in the direction of the main mall, hoping to find some more information there for the day.

Chieko had that feeling... you know the feeling of being watched, and she did not enjoy it. Though she was hardly one to act only upon instinct, so the next corner she turned sharply on her heel to get a look at the backalley behind her, and lo and behold she a brief flash of black before it disappeared behind a dumpster.

"What it is it Chieko you stopped?" Alice looked at her master puzzled.

"Their is an annoyance I must dispatch of..." Chieko replied rather offhandedly, "Alice use ninety-needles on that dumpster over there... turn down the power by about 70% though, and only fire six needles."

"Uhhhhh.... sure whatever," Alice obey, though still confused, flipping up her dress ever so slighty causing six needles to fly at the dumpster embedding themselves in its front half."

"Now I am a busy woman, come and state your business, or you will end up exactly the same as the dumpster, are we clear?" Chieko said in a loud voice, glad that they were in a back alley and not the open streets were it would harder to dispose of this... annoyance.

Driving down a busy street Ina was disturbingly afraid that she would actually be late to the start of her new adventure. She was bobbing in and out of traffic like there was no tomorrow. 

I'm late, I'm late, I can't be running late...Ina was singing in her car as she was driving like a maniac. Are you really singing the Rabbit's theme song from Alice and Wonderland? A mysterious voice said coming from back seat of the her mom level mini-van. In the back seat Ina could see that there was some scantly dressed female like creature with her feat up on the seat in front of her. Ina could only twitch her right eye as she new who this was. 

Do you really think you've snuck up on me Maricica? Of course not, but you seem to let your truth self slip up back there didn't you. I guess that whole mother mentality is the truth. Don't insult me demon. You know better, and besides its Alice in Wonderland not Alice and Wonderland. You should know that especially since that has been one of the shows we used to put on. Oh...Right...meh I usually forget about those things anyway. Anywho...I came because I thought you could use the company. You look so lonely driving all by your lonesome singing like a mad woman. The loneliness was more pleasant Ina said as she skidded off the road as she nearly missed her turn. She ended up somewhere down the some random random street. But she figured she was close to the location wherever that may have been.

Of course she had to pause when Maricica looked around and saw some female launch an attack in an alley. Of course Ina stopped the car and she wondered what was happening. She stayed parked outside the alley just to make sure nothing serious was about to go down. If one thing was going to happen she was not going to let a couple of girls get assaulted in an alley. 

[hr]

Before entering an alleyway, Haru stopped for a while, as she was quite suspicious that Chieko might have realized that she was being followed. To check her theory, she summoned Momotaro with her COMP, and ordered him to walk and hide behind a dumpster.

The sound of the dumpster being attacked by something was quite enough hint for her that she failed her attempt of stealth, Chieko’s announcement later only solidify her finding. After de-summoning Momotaro, she waited for a while to see if there were any further projectiles coming from Chieko.

“No way in hell will I try facing her now. I guess I should call it a day and try getting information with some other way.”

She ran as fast as she can to the opposite direction, and back into the place where she used to wait for her friend.

Her friend was less than amused that she was gone for more than one hour without giving any notice. Meanwhile Haru was more curious as on how her friend still wait for her to come after she left that long.

[hr]

Iori then remembered about the message to his phone that he received earlier during the day; despite the phone line not working at all after the black cloud surround the city. He was originally dismissed it as he thought the baseball match was more important, but without him being able to attend the match, he decided to take a look at the message once again.

Show up at our midnight club at 21:00 tonight for a little fun.
-Minato

It was still around 14:00, so Iori decided to return to his home, and made himself dinner to ease his frustration.

“Guess a party could fix my mood now, and my parents were still outside of the city so I can go anywhere willy-nilly.

Though, I can’t help but feel that something else was up with the invitation. Whatever it is, if it came with free dinner and snacks, I’m in.”
[hr]

Tsukiko continued to wonder around aimlessly, mostly because she was just looking for another demon to capture and call her own. And also because she was told by Mr. Saibansho to look for her brother Masahiko. And because she herself wanted to see this Minato Takeba person, wherever he was. There were so many things to do that night that Tsukiko was sure to be busier than she should be; after all, night was the time that Tsukiko should be sleeping, not running errands around.

Suddenly, Tsukiko heard a clang nearby her current location, which piqued her interest

'A demon?' she immediately rushed to the scene as this thought came across her mind, to see the only evidence of a possible anomaly was a dumpster that had been appeared to have six needle holes in it, 'Damn it, I must have missed it... whatever it was,'

Tsukiko then turned to some of the other girls that had arrived onto the scene.

"So... did any of you happen to see a demon, by any chance?" asked Tsukiko.

Finding her way to the alley as she wandered, Mai was surprised to hear the clang of metal on metal, but whatever had happened was obviously already over. Hearing the other girls words asking about demons, Mai decided to speak up, wondering as she did whether the other girl knew anything about what was happening.

"I'm not sure if it was caused by demons, but it does seem like there was some kind of confrontation here. Judging by the marks in the dumpster, it was needles, and by the holes they were probably shot faster than any ordinary human could throw them. Whoever caused it seems to have vanished though, so I doubt we can find answers so easily."

Though Mai knew what the strange creatures wandering around really were, since the Demon Summoning Program hadn't been released to the general public, she wouldn't expect most to recognize the creatures for what they were, demons, with the sole exception as far as she was aware being the shorter blonde that had spoken first.

Ina was there the entire time. She and Maricica saw the entire thing go down. Well not the entire thing, but enough to gossip about it with the girls at the circus later. Ina seemed to have lost sight of the initial girls in the alley but it seemed like there were a bunch of new characters coming into the alleyway looking as if they were somehow attracted to the confrontation. Ina tried to sneak out of her car and be stealthy...that wasn't her strong suit though. She clumsily made her way to the young new girls and she tried to sound like a cool young female. 

Heeeyyyy chicas! What's crackin'! She yelled as an awkward introduction. After the naturally odd awkward silence Ina decided to try again. Sooo that was the perfect example of a lame introduction. I saw what happened here and it looked like some other girls were having a conversation through the use of Demons. You girls seemed to have just missed it. Though I have to say, most young ladies would actually be running away from the sound of violence that could be demons. Why are you two looking for demons? Could it be that you are going clubbing later? Ina concluded with a wink to see if these young ladies were going to the same Midnight Club that she was supposedly going to.

"You wish for answers I shall give you some," Chieko said giving Mai a sidelong glance, "each of those COMPs you have in your hand, I created them. This dome, that has trapped, I had some part in its creation... I apologize though as I cannot tell for what purpose it was erected, or who did as the information is lost to me." Chieko now turned to Tsukiko, "There is presently only 1 demon here currently, and it can and will kill on my command, formerly there were two, though the second was recalled to its master who seemed to have been following me." Finally she turned to Ina, "I will be at the club you speak of tonight, though I can't say I think any of you, should you choose to show up, will be having much fun tonight."

"Heeheehee, Chieko you too serious, besides why would you tell these losers, they obviously couldn't hold a candle to you, I think the should all just die for me!" Alice burst into another laughing fit, and though only Chieko could feel, the other girl was beginning to give off that killer intent she had before battle.

"Because Alice," Chieko replied sounding quite tired, "if they have those machines, it means they are important players in her plan, what their roles are I couldn't the Mistress' foresight far exceeds my own. Now," Chieko returned her attention to the three women who now surrounded her in the alleyway,"if you have any further questions I suggest you ask them immediately, and I would suggest not getting to hot-blooded over the fact that I am partially the cause of your current situation, as as my friend here just stated my power far exceeds each of your own," the young scientist replied matter-of-factly.  

Ina could only sit there and watch as this stranger just flat out insulted her. Does this little tart even bleed? But this was a younger person and she remember her days of being young. Oh I remember when I was young and cocky. Those were the days. Ina flashed backed to her red headed days of terrorizing her fellow circus folk. Though I am glad to hear that you were very capable of handling yourself there. You know us girls got to have to look out for each other. I was just looking to see if you were alright.  Ina said with a mused shrug so that she could come off as slightly less offended than she actually was.

Of course all that had to end when another voice came from behind simply to inflate the problem. Oooooh that demon has a mouth on her doesn't she? Maricica said as she walked up to the group of girls talking in the alley. Who's watching the car? Don't worry about it I locked the door...I think. Anywho the little lady here said we only got invitations because of her. Soooo question is, what's going on here?

"Why are we here looking for demons?" Tsukiko repeated, turning to the girl that had accompanied her, before turning, "I... actuallythinkshejustarrivedatthescenetoo but I love demons! One day, I wanna get all the demons, good and bad, and have them work together to solve everyone's problems in life. I've already got three demons under my belt. I've got a Seth, and then I got a... wait, no not Seth, that's the one that beat me and my demons up and left me for dead last night."

As she was trying to jog her memory, Tsukiko overheard some stuff, most notably the explanation for what was going on about that demon she missed earlier, and also something about a club... which reminded her that she had to get to DA CHOPPA The Midnight Club to meet that guy she already didn't like. And then the girl that was saying all this decided that this was her cue to be all high and mighty all of a sudden. Tsukiko didn't approve of this.

"Oh yeah, and how do we know this demon of yours ain't lying out of her ass, hmm?" she asked hypothetically, "How many of them do you actually have, and how strong are they?"

"Well, that was easier than I expected getting answers would be, but yet it still leaves plenty of questions unanswered. Even so, I'll be going to the club tonight, regardless of if it's fun or not, hopefully it will answer more about what's going on." 

Hearing Chieko's arrogance, Mai didn't respond to the claims of being far stronger than the rest of them, and decided to ignore Tsukiko's fast talking, letting the other two finish talking first. After another girl had arrived and to meet up with one of the other two COMP wielders, she turned to it's creator and asked the the questions foremost on her mind.

"Is it possible to destroy or escape the dome so we're not just trapped here permanently, and is there any ways to get in contact with the rest of the world even with the dome still existing?"

Both fairly obvious questions, and both important things to know, Mai was hoping for answers to the questions to let her figure out what her next move would be.

"I am simply stating facts, that is neither cockiness nor arrogance," Chieko stated looking up towards the sky, squinting to see if she could maybe make out the sun... no dice, she couldn't see it, "what a pain..." Chieko suddenly felt one of the other girl's word vomit grate against her ears, and felt her eyebrow twitch. Such unintelligible people were a burden to the world, but before she could answer Alice interrupted her.

"Aahahaha! You wanna see how strong I am," the alley was suddenly filled with dark energy, "you! Should! All! Die for me! Ninety-Nine needles!" From under Alice's dress a myriad of needles flew out embedding themselves all around the girls, but not actually hitting any of them, "Is this enough of a testament how strong I am!? Hahaheehee, and I'm not even the strongest, now do you really want to get you punk-@$$es beat?"

"Alice!" Chieko's arm flew up blocking Alice, and shot the blonde demon a dangerous look, "they are not to be harmed. You know well the she would not approve."

"B-but, they insulted you!? Come on don't tell me you don't want to hurt them... just a tiny bit... come on we don't even have to kill them we can just severely maim them!" It seemed now that all the dark energy had left the alley, no only replaced with Alice's childish whining.

"No. They have somewhere to be, and I really don't think they should show up to the Midnight Club in pieces... Speaking that we really must get going or we'll be late," Chieko turned to leave, but mid-step stopped, and turned around, "Right. Etiquette dictates I apologize for my demon's behavior, and I believe I left a certain question unanswered, though I doubt you'll enjoy the answer..." Chieko turned to Mai, "No, there is no way to initiate communication of any electronic kind while within this barrier," A lie. "there is no way to escape the barrier, but, I know of a way to take it down, and I'm not doing right now, though you all could do it if you wished... its quite simple actually, but it is not the barrier's time yet, for now it is actually better for it to be left up."

With that Chieko turned on her heel and left without another word.

---

Makoto stood before the imposing blue club,  stepping forward Makoto pushed the semi-opaque blue doors open, the sun only barely still visible. He was quite early, as it was only 18:00, but still the club had a fair amount of people in it, and quite a diverse group to, from teenagers with piercing and rainbow colored hair, to men and women in suits.

The inside of the club kept the same midnight blue as the outside for the carpeting, and walls, only becoming slightly lighter for the dance floor, which was made of crystalline material. The booths, most of which were curricular, had a deep red-purple velvet covering, but before he could say much he was approached by a very... animated woman

Welcome to the Midnight Club

"Heeeelllllloooooo~ I'm the owner of this fine establishment, the one and only Sayaka Tachibana~ So how may I help you?" The animated woman asked making exaggerated hand movements.

"Ahh... you see... well... I'm here to see Minato Takeba,"Makoto's voice could barely be heard above the din of the music, but people like this always made him feel uncomfortable.

"Oh, I see... well he's just right over there in the booth in the back," Sayaka directed him back towards a secluded booth before walking off.

Slowly making his way back Makoto, saw a red-haired boy in the both Sayaka had pointed to look up, "Ah, Makoto-kun, its nice to see you came! How are you enjoying yourself?"

"Ah, well... its okay... I'm not one for large crowds..." Makoto replied sliding into the seat.

"Oh... sorry. Well I'm sure everybody will be arriving soon, then the fun can begin..." Minato laughed to himself taking a sip of his drink.

The needles came and shot past Ina and Maricica and needless to say they weren't impressed. Surely Ina has faced danger many times before, but one would think this little demon chick would learn to respect her elders. Nevertheless the two ladies simply smirked and waited till these two were done doing...whatever it was they were doing. Apparently there was more going on than these two let on, but it looked like this Midnight club had the answers. When the two eventually left Ina and Maricica simply looked and after a moment of silence they both started laughing. 

Boy these little children just get stronger and stronger every generation. Pity they don't teach these kids common courtesy. Maricica said off the cuff. Hey that's your kind. You should be in charge of curbing your animals. Really? That's how you feel. You saw the little upstart demon she was a hot mess. Anywho...it seems that these we will be getting all the answers that we need at this Midnight Club. Ina looked at the other girls who were left behind and she smiled. So ladies how about it? Want a lift to the club? I know we're all going there so how about we go there together and get to know each on the way?

Unfazed by the sudden barrage of needles, Mai frowned at the answer, before thinking about what it could mean. Firstly, there was obviously some way to break through the dome, if only they knew how, but from the girl's explanation, she was unlikely to tell them what it was, particularly since the girl believed it would be better to keep the dome up for now. Also, since there was apparently no way to send electronic messages, maybe a message using the animals that could pass through would work. On a sidetrack, she wondered if she could teach a parrot to repeat a message and then send it to the rescue workers that would likely be on the other side of the dome. Looking at the girls still standing there, Mai gave a shy smile, before accepting the offer from the one with silver and red hair.

"Fine by me, it would be good to properly meet a couple of the other Demon Summoners before the club tonight. That will probably be easier if we know each other's names, so my name is Mai."

The very moment the Ninety-Nine Needles was launched, Tsukiko acquired all she needed to know about the demon that was Alice. Rude. Obnoxious. Arrogant. Apparently easy to provoke. Misguided. High and mighty. Idiot. Tsukiko could only sigh at Alice's pathetic display.

"Y'know, missing doesn't exactly prove anything," she told the demon, "But whatever, I don't wanna see you ever again, and stuff."

As far as she knew it might only lead to yet another attack from Alice, but Tsukiko wasn't in much of a mood to fight the demon. Even if Alice was actually strong as she made her arrogant self to be, Tsukiko would rather save her strength for another confrontation with Seth. Still she wasn't looking forward to see the owner either, and she knew for a fact that the two were gonna cross paths again. Still, Tsukiko hopped inside the car with Mia.

"That... thing, is the worst," Tsukiko stated flatly after a brief sigh, but before changing her tune to a happier one, "But it's nice meeting the both of you though. My name's Tsukiko by the way; Tsukiko Brighton. Last name's a little weird, but I get that a lot."

Ina was happy that these two girls were at least more pleasant than the two that just left. Mai and Tsukiko were there names. Nice names and polite manners. These were girls she could deal with. The girls got in the car and Ina proceeded to drive off to the Midnight Club. 

My name is Ina, Ina Honda. I know I don't look it but I'm actually pretty old. Why don't you tell them your age hag? Maricica said in the passenger seat sounding flippant. This outburst was met with a quick pop to the face and she grabbed her mouth in pain. This here is own of my demon companions. We simply call her Maricica. You have to pardon the mouth on her though she isn't one of my fully trained demons. Really! That's mad disrespect Ina! Since we have time we can tell these girls about your pure redhead phase. Would you like that? Maricica was once again got popped in the mouth and her face was filled with anger. Weird how that keeps happening to you isn't it? Maybe there's a correlation between your mouth moving and it getting popped. I have an idea, if you stopped talking maybe you would stop getting popped in the mouth. 

Anywho, ladies how's life? Anyone have anymore insight as to what we are possibly getting into?

=================================================================================================================

“So, what have found so far?”

Haru asked curiously to the man who drove the car they were in. The man just sighed at the question, before dryly replied.

“Answer me first. Where the hell have you been? I’ve waited for you for around 1 hour, and if not for some...something, I would’ve left you with all your problems alone.”

“…Don’t say you’re flirting with the waitress from the nearby restaurant yet again?

You’re kinda hopeless dude.

I-I mean, I was following Chieko, as I stumbled upon her when I was waiting for you.

..It didn’t end quite well. I’m lucky that I’m still in one piece after she realized that she was being stalked.”

“Hmph, so we’re really dealing with someone quite dangerous eh?

Well, as a thanks for answering my question, I’ll answer yours.

…I haven’t found anything, though I have managed to slowly figure how to decrypt the information stored inside the COMPs.”

“My, you’re really starting to lose your touch, hmm?"

He didn’t reply anything to that statement, and the rest of the ride was completely silent, bar the roar from the car’s engine. After hours of driving thanks to traffic jams caused by the blackout, they arrived at a modest house.

“And here’s my humble house, your majesty. Let me escort you inside.” The man said sarcastically.

The house looked quite spacious inside, but that was caused by the jarring lack of furniture inside it, save a few. Both of them immediately went into the man’s workroom, which looked far more spacious compared to the emptiness of the rest of his house.

“Now, let’s start working our ass off in cracking this device’s secret.”

=====================================================================================================

Later that day

=====================================================================================================

Iori stood in front of a quite extravagant night club, themed around the color blue, it seemed. He never visited one before in his life due to his parents’ strict method of raising him, though he did never have any interest in going into one.

Entering in, he was not interested at all in all the music, alcohol, and dancing in there, nor her cared about the people who did those things. He was there to meet Minato, and immediately after whatever he had in store finished, he’d leave the place and never return, hopefully.

The redhead was in a secluded corner in the nightclub, and was seemingly talking to someone, though the lighting of the club didn’t help Iori in identifying the one he talked to. Iori wanted to waste no more time, and went straight to the redhead.

“How’re you, Takeba?

What’s all this bullshit in inviting me to a nightclub? You know I’m not the type to be here, right?

I swear if this is a prank….”

==

“Hey, did you receive the invitation to that nightclub?”

“What invitation?”

“Uh, nevermind. It was just kind of…coincidental that I received that invitation and me getting one of your COMPs. I thought they were related.

Hey, could you go there in my place?

You didn’t really do anything here to be honest, so go make yourself useful!”

“….Uh, did you just shoo me out?”

“Yes. Yes I did.

By the way, there’s an old sword behind the door to my room, you can take it for precaution.”

Haru ran straight into the door and took the sword, and tied the sheath to her belt.

“…If you say so, I guess.

.....If when I went back here I found you watching those videos once again…yeah.

Well, take care. Hope you’re not dead when I return, Ryoji Kazami.”

Ryoji didn’t seem to hear any of Haru’s farewell.

“Oh, one more thing.

I’ll borrow your car, ok?”

Haru said before slamming the door shut.

“WHAT?

NO

NO

STOP

PLEASE SPARE HER, YOU CAR KILLER!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mm? Oh... its you Shinkai-kun..." Minato said pulling away from Makoto, giving Iori a lazy smile,"no, no I assure you this is no hoax. Now why don't you take a seat next to Makoto-kun I think he could use a little company...." Minato picked up his clear drink again giving it another sip, when another lavender haired familiar face walked through the door. "Dear Lord..."

The lavender haired young woman scanned the room quickly before identifying the group at the back of the room, and made her way over with purposeful swiftness.

"I apologize for my tardiness, I was held up when I suspected I was being followed, no matter it seems we are missing some people..." Chieko narrowed her eyes as she entered the booth sliding next to a slightly drunk Minato.

"Oh all in due time Chieko-chan, they still have an hour and a half before they have to be here anyway... look here comes one now," Minato replied pointing to a young brown haired girl entering the club.

She was approached by Sayaka who directed her to the party's both, running up to them ignoring the odd looks people gave.

"Haaaaiiiii Minato-kun~~~~," the girl waved energetically to everybody in the group.

"Y-Yuki what are you doing here!?" Makoto was more than a little startled to see his best friend here, it having never occured to him that she could've been invited as well."

"Makoto!? Hi, I was looking for you all day, and when I went by your Grammy's place she said you'd 'gone out', so this is were you went? Wow, that means you got an invitation too!" With a giggle the high-energy girl slid into the booth in between Minato and Makoto climbing over the table, and almost knocking Chieko in the head in the process.

"Damn it, that could've hit me... I hate people with as much energy as her..." Chieko grumbled.

"Come now, we're leaving poor Iori out of all the fun, come now Shinkai, that seat next to Makoto is still warm hehehe..." Minato said with the lazy smile still plastered on his face.

"I hate drunk idiots too..."

Mai watched on as the interaction between Ina and Marcica happened, enjoying the bantering that was occuring between them. After Ina asked the next two questions though, Mai's small smile dropped away as they moved back into more serious business, before starting to speak about what she'd figured so far.

"Well, judging by what the girl said, it's unlikely to be anything fun, and if all three of us being invited is anything to go on, the people invited might just all have copies of the Demon Summoning Program as well. Personally I'm just hoping we can find a way to take down this dome and get back to our normal lives, if this takes much longer it's going to start interfering with my university course."

“Dammit, stop being all cryptic and tell me what the hell am I supposed to do here!”

After throwing his threat to Minato, Iori went to sit directly across the red-haired boy, waiting for his reply. Iori didn’t really care for the several girls that had just arrived at the night club, though the older one looked quite hot in his opinion.

“Tch, this is a waste of time...”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Haru drove recklessly as fast as she can to the night club that was referred in the letter. After she arrived there, she noticed that there was quite a lot of people there surrounding a red-hair that looked somewhat fishy, but her attention immediately went to a certain girl.

Chieko was there.

Haru’s desire to investigate more about her forced her to order a seat there. While waiting for a right time to start spying, she decided to check one of the COMPs that she brought with her. It was a white model  that hasn’t been activated yet, and due to curiosity, she decided to try looking the details of what’s inside the device.

Just as she found the file that seemed to be the executable that activates the demon summoning function, someone took it from her.

“Hey girl, what did you got there?

Hey, let me look at it.”

“Dammit…

Sir, you have no idea on what you’re screwing around with!”

“Oh really? I could screw this well enough as well as I could do it to you, so shut your mouth you bitch!”

While saying that, he accidentally pressed several buttons at once, and suddenly electricity came from the device, which prompted the man to threw it to a wall.

“You bitch! What have you done?”

The man quickly grabbed Haru’s neck and pinned her to the wall. But Haru could only look back in horror.

“Sir, I suggest you should get the hell away from here fast.

Or else..oh screw it, just look what’s behind you right now.”

The man looked back, only to find a Wendingo behind him. As he was paralyzed in horror, the room temperature started to drop slowly but surely.

And the Wendingo smiled maliciously at the man.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was little chance for the patrons of the club to react to the summoning of the Wendigo, for as soon the creature was summoned a loud snap could be heard, and the entire club's colors inverted, and most of the patrons were frozen in place. The man who had summoned the Wendigo would find himself able to move, as would Haru. 

The Wendigo itself was quickly restrained as whip curled around its neck, and it was yanked down. 

"Tsk, tsk we simply can't have that," Sayaka said approaching from behind, "a demon being summoned in the middle of my club would be utterly disastrous. So... who's going to kill this thing...?"

"I already have more than enough Macca, I've no reason to waste perfectly good Magic on that beast," Chieko replied sliding out of the booth, Minato half sliding half falling out of it. 

"Ooooohhhhh~ I'll kill it~," Minato laughed still in a drunken state.

"No." Came the unanimous response, from Sayaka, Chieko, and one other unfamiliar person in the club, a rather attractive young man who had gone relatively unnoticed the entire night, the DJ.

"Well, ifff none of you are going to killll it~ Who is...?" Minato's speech was gradually becoming more slurred, yet something seemed off about his drunkenness.

"Minato cut it out, I can't stand drunks, and your act is awful," Sayaka responded, and the red-haired boy's became much more lucid and alert almost instantly, his whole demeanor changing, "now since I caught it I'll kill it." With that the Wendigo was decapitated and dispersed into a black smoke.

"You know Mother if you were going to kill it, why did you offer it up," the DJ asked only giving his mom a sidelong glance.

"Common courtesy," Sayaka responded.

"You know I can never tell how you two could be related, you are simply nothing alike," Chieko shook her head, "now what should we do about them, they are obviously detriments to the plan... you know having COMPs and all." 

Archived