Overpowered Character Deck Tournament BETA [Congrats Kaito (Aqua)!]

I decided that limiting which characters you can use so much kind of defeated the purpose of the character tournament, and made rules for a (slightly) balanced OP character tournament so that you can duel as your favorite duelists, even if they are extremely powerful. Winner will get 200 points because why not. Because this is a test for the rules, please let me know any problems you find with it before, during, or after the tournament.

How to Sign Up

- Post here that you could like to join. Include your DN Username and username here typed out.

- Send me your deck list for confirmation by midnight February 22. You may alter your deck list if you send it before the deadline, but must give me an updated list before dueling begins. Please make it obvious what cards are character cards.

- Signup ends February 22nd as well. If you do not have a decklist in by the time the first duel of the tournament has been completed, you will get a game loss. If it takes another 3 days, a duel loss, and another 2 you will be removed.

- If an individual match takes longer than a week to complete, I will choose a winner. If you do not think you will have time to complete duels, do not join. It is you and your partner's responsibility to figure out times when you can duel.

Entrants (Name/DN username/Character/Deck in)

Koko Jr./StrikeOfTheChampion/Yusei/Yes (GMT - :cool:

Zai-Guard/Zaifire/Future Yusei/Yes (GMT +5)

jabber2033/jabber2033/Zane/Yes

BailasGale/BailasGale/Alito/Yes

Loyalist/Chrisl123/Carly/Yes (GMT +0)

-Aqua-/-Sakaki Yuya-/Kaito/Yes

kanokarob/kanokarob/Crowler/Yes (GMT -5)

...Dashie/#goonsquad/Kiryu/Yes (GMT +0)

DeathSDelano/DeathSDelano/Trey/Yes (GMT -6)

Zeppeli Gyro/supreme_slayer/Chazz/Yes (GMT -5)

Brackets

opbeta.png

OP Tier Character Rules

- Modified Advenced Format (Changed listed below). Double Elimination, held on DN.
- Only two people can play as each character, one being the "alter ego".
- At least 15 of your cards must be cards your character has played, including copies, in their Main Deck from the anime or manga. Some characters may require more or less.
- Mystical Space Typhoon and Dark Hole excluded from counting as "character cards".
- Stick to your character's cards as the focus for the deck as much as possible. It is okay to have secondary engines, but the non-character cards in your deck should not operate exclusively without your Character cards. (Ex. You should not be running a Mermail deck with some of Shark's cards, or using a Laval deck with some of Jack's cards in it.) It is not okay to build a deck designed around only using your character's cards as fodder. They should in some way be the stars.
- You can never side out to have less Character cards in your Deck than the minimum for your character.
- The Extra Deck may include only FIVE cards not in the character's Extra Deck unless otherwise stated, including copies. Of these 5, you may only have duplicates of one card. (IE, you can have 2 Maestroke and 1 Utopia,, but not 2 Maestroke and 2 Utopia or 3 Maestroke and 1 Utopia)
- You must use AT LEAST 2 Spells and 2 Traps your character used. IE, you cannot use 15 of their monsters and call it good. Certain characters do not apply.

Example off the base for a Character deck. The remaining open slots can be any other cards within the guidelines, whether or not the character used them.

Cards currently banned from use:
Black Luster Soldier – Envoy of the Beginning
Exodia the Forbidden One

"Dragon Ruler" cards
Number 11: Big Eye
Chain Material
Machina Fortress

Evilswarm Exciton Knight

The following cards are limited:
Power Bond
Gear Gigant X

Elemental HERO The Shining

Elemental HERO Absolute Zero

Evolzar Laggia

Lightpulsar Dragon

Archlord Kristya

Playable Characters for OP Tier
Yusei Fudo (Needs 18 Character cards)
Paradox (Needs 18 Character cards)
Crow Hogan (Needs 18 Character cards)
Kyosuke Kiryu (Needs 18 Character cards)
Bruno (Needs 18 Character cards)
Tron (Needs 18 Character cards)
Shark (Needs 18 Character cards)
Kaito (Needs 18 Character cards)
Alito (Needs 18 Character cards)
Yuma (Needs 18 Character cards)
Trey (Needs 18 Character cards)
Jaden Yuki (Needs 18 Character cards)
Zane (Needs 18 Character cards)
Yugi Muto (May use Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning)
Seto Kaiba
Mai Valentine (May use Harpie Lady #1, 2, or 3 as Character cards)
Chazz Princeton
Syrus Truesdale (Must use at least 5 Roids)
Atticus Rhodes (Can use Metalmorph as a character card)
Jack Atlas
Velian Crowler
Akiza Izinski
Sayer (Psychic Lifetrancer is a Character card)
Carly Carmine (Only need 1 trap)
Rua
Jesse Anderson (Crystal Raigeki and Crystal Blessings count as character cards)
Tyranno Hassleberry
Gauche
Aporia (Just Aporia's deck)
Dextra (Only need 1 trap)
Aster Phoenix
Adrian Gecko
Quattro
Reggie MacKenzie
Kaze
Dragan
Vector (Includes Dr. Faker's cards)

Another Character (Ask me if they can be added)

Have fun!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to join as Carly Carmine because fortune ladies are a fun deck and I don't think anybody else will end up using her. Also those glasses. (@.@)

DN: Chrisl123

YCM: Loyalist

EDIT: Quick question, am allowed to run a spellbook engine since my deck is going to be all spellcasters so long use as many character cards as possible?

Updated.

Also, Loyalist, you can run as many spellbooks as you want, just make sure that the focus of your deck is on your Fortune Lady cards, and not on summoning Prophecy monsters. It would even be okay to have, say, a Priestess or World, but not for the deck to revolve entirely around them. Just use your discretion, and I'll let you know if there's a problem in the deck list.

Also, as a note to everyone, I've been gone for a while so I'm not entirely familiar with newer cards, and also I don't want to have to look at the list every ten seconds, so please make it very obvious which cards are character cards when submitting your deck list. Also be sure to make sure that your character has actually used them, as with some characters, such as Shark and Tron, there are related cards to your own but the character doesn't actually play them.

So are you able to use multiples of the same card (e.g. 3 T.G. Warwolf) and have them count as 3 cards towards the minimum, or do you have to play 18 different cards that the character has used?

Yes, you can use multiples of the same card to count toward the minimum. Otherwise it would be impossible to fill out a deck for a lot of characters.

Yes, you can use multiples of the same card to count toward the minimum. Otherwise it would be impossible to fill out a deck for a lot of characters.

Yeah, that was my main worry for this entire tournament haha.

In as Kiryu, I'll try and send you my list later this evening.

EDIT: DN is  #goonsquad

sure why not, I'll play Three. And I should probably bring up that Three[trey] only has 1 Trap that is actually printed

SN same there as it is here.

and I just noticed I missed the deadline by like a few minutes XD, if I can join sweet, if not o well my fault for not checking this site that often.

I'll see if maybe someone else joins by tonight. If not, I guess I could join again to make it even... though I don't have any decks planned.

Archived