• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She placed a hand into her pocket, but realized that Big Eye was too big to manifest in here, he would bring the roof down on them.

Just read your post Aix.

I always figured duel disks would alter the size of the holograms they projected to suit the size of the space the game is being played in. Otherwise nobody would be able to summon dyson sphere or star eater because they would be too large to project. In the case of avatars, that would mean the body that the disk generates for them would also change size according to the environment in which it was played. Basically that means that elizabeth and Trey can summon their larger avatars anywhere, and they'll just be inhabiting smaller bodies if they get played indoors or something.

If you'd rather elizabeth summon big eye and join in on the fight, feel free to go edit your post, Aix.

Also, Toyo, you have 3 hours left to post before your slot is vacated. I'm pming you as well.

Just read your post Aix.

I always figured duel disks would alter the size of the holograms they projected to suit the size of the space the game is being played in. Otherwise nobody would be able to summon dyson sphere or star eater because they would be too large to project. In the case of avatars, that would mean the body that the disk generates for them would also change size according to the environment in which it was played. Basically that means that elizabeth and Trey can summon their larger avatars anywhere, and they'll just be inhabiting smaller bodies if they get played indoors or something.

If you'd rather elizabeth summon big eye and join in on the fight, feel free to go edit your post, Aix.

Also, Toyo, you have 3 hours left to post before your slot is vacated. I'm pming you as well.

In the anime when a character summons Dyson Sphere it eclipses the planet. In short the duel disk doesn't truly adjust size.

In the anime when a character summons Dyson Sphere it eclipses the planet. In short the duel disk doesn't truly adjust size.

I've watched so little Zexal that i would have never known that had you not said it.

That being said, something small enough to we worn being able to project a hologram larger than the sun is much much too improbable for me to believe, plus god forbid someone try to summon dyson sphere indoors.

I'm just going to rule that size changing is how it works in the avatar-verse, unless you all really don't want me doing so.

Just read your post Aix.

Big Eye's method of attacking in the anime is just ramming into his enemy.

That said, how should Avatar monsters be able to acquire Xyz Materials?

Big Eye's method of attacking in the anime is just ramming into his enemy.

That said, how should Avatar monsters be able to acquire Xyz Materials?

I think I'm going to watch Zexal now just to see big eye hit something head on.

I don't really suppose that there's much of a need for an Xyz avatar to have xyz materials. Reason being that the effects on their cards only really apply when they're played in a duel, which has rules that require them to use things like xyz materials, since in a duel, the avatar is essentially just pretending to be a hologram that's programed to act like the monster depicted on their card.

In a fight like this one, avatars aren't pretending to be anything, and can really just make use of whatever they have at their disposal. So i don't suppose big eye would actually need anything other than its own skills to hypnotize/mind control something.

That being said, If you aren't comfortable with it working that way, I would assume it'd be a simple matter of Elizabeth overlaying cards on her disk to give big eye the mats it would need.

Gosh, been so busy lately that i actually forgot about this. If the three of you still want to continue, id be happy to get a post together asap.

@spartacus & tenma: both of you are free to apply to the rp as long as you read the rules ( of both this rp abd the section as a whole) and adhere to both them and my application template.

Human-

Name:Takeshi Matsuo

Physical Description: Takeshi is somewhat thin guy and falls a little short of the average height, being 5´5 ft tall. Despite his low stature and having an unassuming posture he does stand out, not only thanks to his green spiky hair but also to his eyes. Takeshi´s eyes are dark-brown in color and are not impressive per se, but one can clearly see the a strong apathy, as if there was nothing he cares about. He likes wearing casual clothes such as shirts, baggy pants, collars, shorts...And avoids putting on suits since he thinks they don´t suit him(...), he wears neutral colors, as well as green and yellow.  His duel disk is not anything fancy but is colored with orange and black instead of the standard color, it also carries a M that resembles the symbol of scorpio.

Personality: Takeshi is a lazy and easygoing person, he is often found dazing at the sky through windows, looking at the ceiling, lakes and other natural or stationery things that are often overlooked daily by other people. While he´s generally aloof, he´s also thoughtful and can understand other people´s problems with ease.. As long as they aren´t emotional, since he struggles to empathize with anyone. This also allows him to see the big picture of any scenario with ease..But missing all the small details. Others might think he´s either cold or stupid, but he cares for others, even if he cannot understand them, or acts af he does not. His father hopes he will inheret his company one day, however Takeshi has no intention to do so and would rather seek his own "destiny", even if he is not sure what that really is...Or when he should try and find it. His individuality and "slow" attitude is seem as a rebellion by his father who is often angered when speaking to him (not to mention his avatar monster). When he is dueling his personality changes: He looks at others with serious eyes, speaks of his ideals and is anything but easygoing. He doesn´t realize it himself but this happen because of how he finds duels exciting.

Deck: Cursed Arms Deck, Takeshi has a somewhat reckless playstyle in which he is glad to give up his life points for an advantage, his key cards were designated by his father´s company and their usage is meant to be a proof of their strenght, although Takeshi cares little for that...

Ace Card: Cursed Arms Soul Blade

Avatar monster:  Kenma the Fiend Sword(based on Fiend Sword)

Misc. Information: He is the heir to a powerful card manufacturing company...

Name:Kenma the Fiend Sword

Gender: Treated as a "him", even though it really has no gender.

Age:Uncertain, however he was made a little after Caius´ rule began

Physical description: Kenma´s spikes are larger than the original card, and it possesses a powerful dark aura. (Most monsters are not identical to their card, as their are usually many individuals represented by the same card. list how the avatar monster stands out)

Personality
Calls himself "The Conqueror" and does not like when others call him by his true name, Kenma is vindctive and never forgets when one has harmed him or his ideals, which are mostly based on the idea that "Might makes Right" and a respect for the strong, however... his longing for a partner also made him value friendship, of all things. He seemed to be an obvious choice to become an avatar and has little emotion for the losses the process has presented him. He doesn´t despise humans, however he does despise having to partner with one since he sees humans as weak beings, so he intends to shape Takeshi into something stronger and worthy of partnering with. He enjoys battles and fights only for the sake of fighting and not a greater goal like most do in this war. His demeanor swings from quiet to violent with nothing in between, he has a short temper but is not of the kind that gets blinded by rage

Card

[spoiler=Lore:]

Warrior//Effect/ Dark

Level 4 

This card name is always treated as "Fiend Sword". During the damage Step of a battle phase when a monster on your side of the field battles; pay life points in multiples of 100 to decrease 1 of your opponent´s monster ATK and DEF by the same amount.

1400/800

[/spoiler]

Misc. information: [Spoiler=Background:] In times long past Kenma was created and then held by the Caius´ army, always silent to any who could withstand his power and cursing the minds of those who could not with madness, he was being of instinct that passed through many hands. However, after Caius´s had fallen he was thrown by the Virtuous Seven´s spiritual followers and passed long days in isolation, his intinctive desire that someone strong would pick him up again and his aversion for peace and hatred for the monsters that allied themselves with humans was what slowly shaped his thoughts into a true mind. Later he would be found by the empire of Ha Des and sent to Earth as an avatar, however, Kenma never had the intention to defeat humanity... [/spoiler]

(Will send my custom cards later..)

....actually, I've sort of lost interest in this one, and I have a new concept in the works at the moment anyway. Plus you guys seem to have lost interest as well. Gonna have this rp locked.

Still, I'm incredibly happy that this garnered as much interest as it did, and I'd like to thank everyone who came out and applied. I hope you all show as much interest in the next one. It's coming in the near future. As well, if you really enjoyed this rp's concept, It will most likely receive a re-make in the future.

Before I actually change the op and lock this, however, I have a favor to ask anyone who applied (even if you didn't make it in). If you read this, would you mind either posting or pming me a critique? I'd like to know what you all think of my hosting, and what i can do to improve. If you could do that, I'd be incredibly appreciative.

Thanks again everyone!

-Zai

Human- Kyle Nightshade

Name: Kyle Nightshade

Physical Description: Has spiky black hair and Tan skin. His eyes are dark blue and he is 5'1 tall. He wears a Black jacket over a red shirt that has an Omega on it. He also wears black jeans and Black tennis shoes.

Personality: He belives he can become more powerful by dueling. He however hates loseing and can loose his cool when things dont go his way. He likes making friends but hates people who diss him.

Deck: He runs a Gladiator beast deck. He focuses eating his opponent down with his stronger monsters, but also uses cards like Gladiator beast Hoplomus for defense. His deck also incliude lots of support cards for his Gladiator beasts.

Ace Card: Gladiator Beast Heraklinos

Avatar monster: Serenity, the Dragon Princess

Avatar monster- Serenity, the Dragon Princess

Name: Serenity

Physical description: Serenity has short dark blue hair and Crystal blue eyes. She wears a Pink long sleeve shirt along with black shorts as well as knee high black socks and black boots. She has a Tatoo on her forhead and a neck bracer as well.

Personality: Serenity tends to be a bit unfriendly to everyone except Kyle. Serenity likes to take over the duel for Kyle when he is looseing the duel, in turn she poseses him to do so. Serenity does not like the other avitars and will from time to time pull pranks on them. She never talks about her past, if she does, she begins to tear up.

[spoiler]Card: ]djTWXaK.jpg

This card's name is treated as " Yubel' while this card is on the field. If this card battles another monster, Return this card to your hand. Neither player takes any battle damage from battles involving this card. [/spoiler]

Archived