#SELFIE by The Chainsmokers

Northern Sage

Really, the Hot Dance/Electronic songs chart isn't really a 'pop' chart by any means.

I think this sums up the New York attitude so well. Half complete sarcastic and ironic snarkiness, half indulging in everything non-ironically. Combined in a beautiful NY cocktail of lolwut.

For some reason, I can feel this turning into a hate thread, but this is club music we're talking about here.

I think this sums up the New York attitude so well. Half complete sarcastic and ironic snarkiness, half indulging in everything non-ironically. Combined in a beautiful NY cocktail of lolwut.

Well fuck. You pretty much summed up New York better than I could have, and I've lived here my entire life. 

Pretty much summed this song up as well. It's irony, sarcastic, snarky, and hilarious. Plus the beat's dope as fuck and that's all that really matters. 

People who don't understand this song are the same people who don't understand sarcasm. 

As an avid listener of The Chainsmokers and the House/EDM genre, this isn't, nor should it be classified as pop music. 

And like Raibread insinuated, this is probably going to turn into a hate thread, and that's completely fine, but The Chainsmokers have got some dope remixes and you should not write them off due to a song that was made to be a joke. 

http://youtu.be/nnm5mr4LOU8

• 1 month later...

This song... Dark Horse (which has already played too many times on the radio) is a better song than the selfie song and I cant stand Dark Horse.

(Im calling it the selfie song so I/other people don't get it confused with the new trend on taking self portraits which are called selfies)

I find myself torn when listening to this song. The first time I heard this song I hated it, then I listened to it more and I started to enjoy it. It all depends, as I'm a big fan of EDM, but sometimes the beat just seems too rough (which is odd since I listen hardstyle quiet frequently)

Archived