Trap Cards during opponent Phase

Hi I am sniperray213. In Real Life my name is Raymond. I have played YuGiOh for a long time and have notice things with Trap Cards:

One day I was at a Store called Draxtar Gaming near me in Illinois and I was playing a duel with another person. my opponent set down 2 spell/trap cards and played Grandmaster Hanzo in ATK position. when it was my turn he played Ninjustu Art of Transformation and a unmade illegal card called Anti-Spell Fragrance(Note: This was during my DRAW PHASE). I knew wat the Ninjustu card did but its effect said this officially:

Ninjustu Art of Transformation

Effect: Activate this card by Tributing 1 face-up monster on your side of the field that includes "Ninja" in its card name. Special Summon 1 Beast-Type or Insect-Type monster with a Level equal to or less than the Level of the Tributed card + 3 from your hand or deck to your side of the field. when this card is removed from your side of the field, destroy the monster.

NOTE: IT DOESNT SAY ACTIVATE DURING YOUR OPPONENTS DRAW/STANDBY PHASE! and I repeat in quotes "DOESNT SAY ACTIVATE ON YOUR OPPONENTS DRAW/STANDBY PHASE" It is an illegal move and officially Breaks the OFFICIAL RuleBook of YuGiOh. I even read the entire Rule Book myself 1k times and it doesn't say that for the 2 Continuous Trap cards

Plus the effect of Anti-Spell Fragrance which is a fake card had this effect:

Your opponent cant set Spell cards

and to top that DURING my DRAW Phase he played Dark Simorgh in ATK position. so he broke in total 2 RULES. I told him that he cant do that and I asked another person bout it also. the guy I asked said that you can play traps during your opponents Draw Phase which is Not and I REPEAT AGAIN "NOT LISTED IN THE RULE BOOK AT ALL!"

I was Totally Pissed at them both for breaking the Rules of YuGiOh because I knew when the guy I was dueling did this; I as the total winner. I was playing my Ancient Gear deck at this time and when he broke the 2 rules of Trap cards; I would have done this:

Auto summoned ALL 3 Ancient Gear Soldiers and played Ancient Gear Town, Ancient Gear Castle, Spell Gear, 2 Ancient Gear Tanks, 2, Gravity Blasters, Sacrificed my 3 Soldiers to summon BOTH Ancient Gear Golems with a total of 4300 ATk cuz of the 2 Ancient Gear Tanks and Gravity Blasters and Ancient Gear Castle. AND on top of that: used all of the rest of my Machine monsters with 2-3 Cyber Dragon's and used Power Bond to Summon out ChimeraTech Fortress Dragon with like 26,000 ATK x2= 52,000 ATK and used Cybernetic Zone to make it have 104,000 ATK and override the Power Bond and Cybernetic Zone after Effects and used Pyramid Energy, 3 7 Completed and that is a grand total of 106,300 ATK and Severely massacred him badly because I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mad at the 2 guys breaking the Rules of the game

What do you Guys think of this because I say this was a total BS for the Rule breaking on trap cards because the guy played them even though the 2 cards didn't say play on your opponents draw phase. It totally ruins the game because Trap Cards can only be played during BATTLE PHASE ONLY!

I had to post this down because I need your thoughts about this Rule Breaking scheme. 

Normal Trap Cards are Spell Speed 2. They can be activated during either player's turn as long as it wasn't set that turn. The effects of certain Normal Trap Cards behave like Equip Cards, but the card is still considered a Normal Trap Card.

Continuous Trap Cards are also Spell Speed 2. Their effects are applied as long as they are face-up on the field.

You didn't get cheated out a win. Your post was like, literally almost 100% incorrect.

because Trap Cards can only be played during BATTLE PHASE ONLY!

They can be played at any point in time. If a card has a specific requirement activation, then It will say so (ie: Mirror Force). Otherwise, they can be played whenever.

Also, Anti-Spell Fragrance is real, yo.

I was told official that the card was a fake by a friend because he got a notification about the card and there are only certain cards that have to say play during your opponents phase. not during their draw phase because its not listed in any trap cards at all. its total bullshit for that to work at all.

The Rulebook has to say officially in text that you can play trap cards during your opponents draw phase. you cant just play trap cards whenever cuz that is not cool. you can only activate them when your opponent enters battle phase and certain ones can ONLY be activated on your next turn of its a Continuous trap card which I notice without lying, both of the trap cards were.

So fyi your logic on Trap Cards is highly invalid because you cant break the rules of Yugioh even if u read the booket once.  

dude don't you get that once you played a continuous trap card down, it cant be played till after your next turn unless it says other wise

As stated by everyone else in this thread... you should know that Traps can be activated anytime after the turn they are set, unless the card in question says otherwise. This includes ANY phase during YOUR turn.

Every other one of your doubts can be answered with one simple rule this game has: 

When a card's text contradicts the rulebook, a card's text always wins.

I was told official that the card was a fake by a friend because he got a notification about the card and there are only certain cards that have to say play during your opponents phase. not during their draw phase because its not listed in any trap cards at all. its total bullshit for that to work at all.

The Rulebook has to say officially in text that you can play trap cards during your opponents draw phase. you cant just play trap cards whenever cuz that is not cool. you can only activate them when your opponent enters battle phase and certain ones can ONLY be activated on your next turn of its a Continuous trap card which I notice without lying, both of the trap cards were.

So fyi your logic on Trap Cards is highly invalid because you cant break the rules of Yugioh even if u read the booket once.  

dude don't you get that once you played a continuous trap card down, it cant be played till after your next turn unless it says other wise

Kazooie literally quoted the rulebook.

It says ANYTIME during your opponent's turn, provided you had them set at least a turn.

You can play ANNNNYYY traps at ANYYYYYYYYY POINT during your opponent's turn. Some cards specify- and that means that they have to be played that way. Point? Cards that don't say that can be played according to the mechanic. 

You need to seriously sit down and read the rulebook with a player.

I do know wat spell speed is but still you cant activate a continuous trap because it was set first and its counted at a spell speed one because you cant play it till next turn. normal traps you can play during your opponents phase because their considered a spell speed 2.

I do know wat spell speed is but still you cant activate a continuous trap because it was set first and its counted at a spell speed one because you cant play it till next turn. normal traps you can play during your opponents phase because their considered a spell speed 2.

Kazooie literally quoted the rulebook.

It says ANYTIME during your opponent's turn, provided you had them set at least a turn.

You can play ANNNNYYY traps at ANYYYYYYYYY POINT during your opponent's turn. Some cards specify- and that means that they have to be played that way. Point? Cards that don't say that can be played according to the mechanic. 

You need to seriously sit down and read the rulebook with a player.

For extra measure, here's the quote directly from the yugioh websites PDF Rulebook.

Spell Speed 2 

Traps (Normal, Continuous), Quick-Play Spells, 
Effect Monster’s Quick Effects
These cards can be used to respond to a Spell Speed 1 or 2 effect,  and can typically be activated during any phase.

You have no idea what Spell Speed is.  m8 I'm saying this one more time. Read. The. Book.

Err, no, you're wrong. A Continuous Trap is a Spell Speed 2 card just as well.

Spell Speed 2 

These cards can be used to respond to a Spell Speed 1 or 2 effect,  and can typically be activated during any phase.

oh wow you had to take one small part of my quote that is for people only and not just 1 thing to post down. you really are stupid for doing that

I'm sorry, but what? All I got outta that was that I am stupid for doing something but I don't know what.

And as a rebuttal?
I'm freaking stupid as hell anyway.

We are trying to help. Take it or leave it.

On another note Dark Sigmorph + Anti Spell Fragrance is brilliant, can't believe I didn't think of it.

If you're being serious, it's been a thing for a long time, though it hasn't seen use in such a long time.

On topic, as stated by everyone, Spell Fragrance is real. I've seen it in real life on multiple occasions. I have seen what you can get it from. Also, activating traps on your opponent's draw step is completely legal. A trap does not need to specifically state it can be activated in the draw step. Only time this doesn't apply is when the card text specifically says it can't (or that it can only be activated at a certain time). This is an official rule, known by thousands of players.

oh wow you had to take one small part of my quote that is for people only and not just 1 thing to post down. you really are stupid for doing that

But the card itself has to say during your opponents draw phase.

No, it does not. The Draw Phase is within [Any phase] as the Rulebook says.

Spell Speed 2 

I have read the book dumbass I even have it in front of me now. and im looking at it

Try quoting people so we know who the dumb one is.

Oh wait we don't need quotes for that.

I can try to be nice until insults are thrown m8.

Just chill.

Ask every player in existence that isn't a friend, please. They will tell you if you can't find it in the rule book.

Archived