Liking users' status updates.

Glitch

Supporting. 

And requesting the status bar be extended to 10 posts instead of 5 or at least have an option to adjust how many appear on your screen, (or for some people, disable it altogether).

Would also be nice if the replies were posted in real time, so you don't have to keep refreshing. but that would require too much work.

Supporting. 

And requesting the status bar be extended to 10 posts instead of 5 or at least have an option to adjust how many appear on your screen, (or for some people, disable it altogether).

Would also be nice if the replies were posted in real time, so you don't have to keep refreshing. but that would require too much work.

You can disable it. Little X appears top right when you hover over the bar.

Supporting. 

Apparently, it's SUPPOSED to display 10. I don't know why it doesn't, and I'm not reckless enough to start fiddling with things I don't understand.

Apparently, it's SUPPOSED to display 10. I don't know why it doesn't, and I'm not reckless enough to start fiddling with things I don't understand.

Actually, it USED to display ten, about two years ago I think it changed to five. I assumed the mods thought it was less spammy nothing posts to look at or something and shortened it. Which is tbh what most status' are. It is mostly kind of irrelevant random first thoughts drifting through the head, or indeed certain people posting sexual innuendos just to get a response.

Then again much the same could be said about most people's Twitter feeds or Facebook updates (although maybe less innuendo)

Obviously it has a function and it's good that it is there, as the stuff posted in it does make for conversation that couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't make a proper post. As for liking status.... uggghhhh... I just have a horrible feeling that more 'meaningful' updates would get swamped by a constant deluge of statuses that are just been posted trying to get liked *indicating people care about like totals, because some clearly do and will try to cheaply bolster their totals*

Then again I guess that's why we have daily limits.

We do? What is it?
The only limitation I know of is waiting fifteen minutes or something in between status updates.

I believe he was referring to our daily limit of 5 (or so) likes per 24 hours. Furthermore, just to let you know, it is a 20 minute period between status updates.

Archived