Farguild the Thunder Soldier

Farguild the Lightning Soldier

Light

Level 9

3600/3200

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

"Gearfried the Swordmaster" + "Gilford the Lightning"

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon with the above Fusion Material Monsters. Once per turn, you can select and destroy 1 face-up monster on the field. During your Draw Phase, instead of drawing, you can select one Equip Spell Card in your deck and add it to your hand. Once per turn, you can send 2 Equip Cards equipped to this card to the graveyard to destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

(I'll give the first person to figure a certain small reference the Gearfried the Iron Knight in this card 1 rep and another rep to anyone who can find me a good enough pic for this card.)

Jay me!

Alright, back to topic.

You forgot to add a Level to the card. Other than that, it's balanced. The first effect is underpowered on it's own (Lightning Golem can do the same thing, and that's a fusion of 2 Level 4's.) The second effect weighs it up.

Rating: 8 / 10.

It looks good, but still seems kind of underpowered. It's a fusion of two devastatingly powerful monsters that both boast good effects. This seems horrible when you consider what you're giving up.

I could see a nice third effect for this that could make it game-breaking. As game-breaking as a card that fuses two 2800 (I believe Gearfried the Swordmaster has 2800?) ATK monsters:

Tribute 2 Equip Cards equipped to this card to destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

Being able to Raigeki your opponent once every two turns (at the cost of two draw phases) seems overpowered, but balanced when it costs you the ability to draw anything else. That's just my opinion, since I like the card's base idea. I always felt Gilford and Gearfried were buddies in a war or something. <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived