Fall of Monarchs

Guest Chaos Pudding

DAD isn't what killed Monarchs. It's the March 1st list. It speeds up DAD and DDT to such levels that Monarch decks just can't keep up.

tonisanoob you can't be sure. I think almost everyone thought Monster Reborn was going to remain banned and then it was limited so they're a slim chance of more cards that have been on the banlist for a long time to be limited.

balance, my young padawan... to have MR back we must had COTH banned...

but really, chaos deck never will be back... first reason, they are a bad thing to the meta, and second thing we have sky scourges on replacement...

We all saw it coming... The anti-monarch cards' date=' like Pulling the Rug. Now DAD stands atop Monarchs. This game is all about money now. I'm not gonna go spend $300 for 3 DAD's so I can build a top-tier deck.

[/quote']

Closer to $450-750 for 3 DAD, and closer to the higher number.

I think the monarchs will rise again when caius's structure deck comes out.

Even with Caius' date=' Monarchs will still be far too slow to compete with DAD, DDT, and Valley/Explosion.

Please tell me what "DAD" means?

DarkArmedDragonPTDN-EN-ScR.png

It's the single most broken card in the game, its deck is one of the best decks currently available, decks running it took 10 of the top 16 slots last SJC, and it's the most sought-after card that has been released for a long time. How have you not heard of it?

Even with Caius' date=' Monarchs will still be far too slow to compete with DAD, DDT, and Valley/Explosion.

It's the single most broken card in the game, its deck is one of the best decks currently available, decks running it took 10 of the top 16 slots last SJC, and it's the most sought-after card that has been released for a long time. How have you not heard of it?

You forgot to mention that its search-able with Witch. :P

DAD isn't what killed Monarchs. It's the March 1st list. It speeds up DAD and DDT to such levels that Monarch decks just can't keep up.

Banlist only had one noteworthy change (two in DDTs): Monster Reborn. The rest isn't worth mentioning.

Monarchs were dominant before PTDN. Allure gave it slightly more speed. Pretty much untouched by banlist.

DDT was pretty potent before PTDN. Allure put it over the top. Reborn and MSE aided in its ascent.

DAD was nonexistent before PTDN.

The difference between Monarchs and the latter is that it lacked the ability to swarm. It wasn't PTDN nor was it the banlist that brought Monarchs down to earth, but the playstyle itself. If a deck swarms, it's playable. Proof comes from Six Samurai and future Zombie (book it) showings.

OMG! Think of a DAD deck in traditional. summon witch and get dad after it gets destroyed! lollolol.ololololol

OMG! Think of a DAD deck in traditional. summon witch and get dad after it gets destroyed! lollolol.ololololol

Italics = Sarcasm. Lol.

Italics = Sarcasm. Lol.

lol ok ok ok.

but it is possible

Italics = Sarcasm. Lol.

lol ok ok ok.

but it is possible

Thats why I said it.

2k posts above 1337n3ss! I R logs off.

Yeah, it's pretty strange how the meta changed all in a sudden.

But there had to be a change.

Oh and btw, Chaos decks return? Hm... Chaos Sorcerer and Envoy of the Beginning are ok, but what effect would it have if Envoy of the End would return?

What would a Chaos deck be compared to DAD?

Chaos Decks return? no... i remember here i was the only one who had a deck close to a Chaos Deck, reason is very little cards are sold here and i'm the only one here i guess who has Emperor Dragon.

anyway it just happened to quickly isnt it? Monarchs were supposed to stay for a longer time and i doubt the new structure deck will change the situation much.

and facing DAD in Traditional is worst then watching a 10,000 pounds man trying to follow a diet.

Archived