Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Northern Sage

Was watching the first semi final last night and when it was announced that Russia was one of the finalists, there was some booing from the crowds

The other finalists from Semi final 1:

- Armenia

- Azerbaijan

- Hungary

- Iceland

- Montenegro

- San Marino

- Sweden

- Netherlands

- Ukraine

Netherlands seriously had the coolest staging of the night. Or it was at least refreshingly downplayed after a billion complicated dance routines.

Was watching the first semi final last night and when it was announced that Russia was one of the finalists, there was some booing from the crowds

The other finalists from Semi final 1:

- Armenia

- Azerbaijan

- Hungary

- Iceland

- Montenegro

- San Marino

- Sweden

- Netherlands

- Ukraine

I'm pretty sure it was mostly due to a jury-pandering song and Russia's status quo as always qualifying along with Ukraine, Romania, Azerbaijan, Greece and probably some other countries.

I'm pretty sure it was mostly due to a jury-pandering song and Russia's status quo as always qualifying along with Ukraine, Romania, Azerbaijan, Greece and probably some other countries.

I was thinking that it was due to the situation going on between Russia and Ukraine.

I must say I was actually impressed by the quality of the acts this year. 

There weren't actually a lot of bad acts, the overall singing quality was good, and beyond one particularly act... there wasn't anything outright stupid performance wise. 

And yes, Austria did deserve it (And I await the act singing some kind of Bond theme soon), however part of me wishes that the Netherlands won. I really liked there act. 

Archived