[Finished]Anti-Archetype Contest

Do you have a specific archetype that you loathe? Would you love to have a card specially made to destroy them? Or maybe 2? Well this is the contest for you! What card can you make to destroy those hated decks? May the best and most destructive cards win because its time to tip the odds in your favor!

Rules:
1. All YCM Rules apply
2. The cards here cannot explicitly be made to support another archetype (but it can inadvertently support one)
3. Serious Cards only.
4. Post the card's lore under the card.
5. Each Entry is allowed 2 cards.
6. The winner will get 60% of Pot, 2nd will get 30% (or if we get 6 or more contestants 2nd will get 20% and 3rd will get 10%)
7. Follow these guidelines or else Zorc will destroy you.

Entry Guidelines:
1. Your card must be legitimate (no new types/subtypes/cards, etc.)
2. Your card cannot directly support a deck/archetype, but can indirectly support it.
3. Your card must be your's and not someone else's.
4. Please note in your post what archetype your card is made to hurt.
5. You may enter 2 cards.
6. Cost to enter is 5 points. (2 for newbies [2 or fewer stars] )

Entry Deadline: June 17th

Entry Cost: 5 Points. 2 points for new users (2 stars or less)

Current Pot: 64

Judges: (I am open to more judges, Max: 3)
1. TFMegamanlan

Contestants:
1. Radiant F.U.R.Y.
2. Feartheghost
3. Reginanos
4. Magemeek22
5. Kamishiro Ryoga
6. Draconus297
7. Darkthakin
8. syber_sypher

Good luck! And may the best card win!

I don't have to mention the actual archetype I'm messing with, right? It can just be an effect meant to counter it? Like, I don't have to make a monster that specifically stops "Crystal Beasts", but I can make a monster that can screw with monsters in the spell/trap zone, right? I don't have to be specific towards an archetype by name?

In any case, I may join this (points when I've made my decision). If you wind up getting a lot of entrants, I'm willing to be a judge instead.

[Spoiler=My Entry]

wKmqfpJ.jpg

You can only activate this card if you control a face-up Continuous Trap Card that targets, but has no target. When the effect of your opponent's Monster Card that Special Summons a monster(s) is activated, negate the activation, and if you do; banish it. Once per turn, when this card would leave the field, you can pay 1000 Life Points; this card does not leave the field.

The idea behind this card is to slow down or possibly even stop the Bujin Summon engine. It's broad enough that it could affect other swarming decks, but Bujins are the target for my hate. I made it difficult to activate, so that I could offset the possible brokenness of this card. Only ways i can think you can even activate this is if your opponent left you stuck with a Fiendish Chain on the field...or maybe a premature burial.

[/spoiler]

What exactly do you mean by 

2. Your card cannot directly support a deck/archetype, but can indirectly support it.

Do you kinda mean how some cards help/are used with decks even though they aren't supposed to?

- Fire Formation Tenki being used in any Beast-Warrior deck, like Bujins.

- Kuribandit being used in Sylvans because it Excavates. 

Not sure why those where the first 2 to pop into my head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent you the tournament entry fee. Here is my entry.

[spoiler='Photo']FPWwVtD.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Lore']When this card is activated you and your opponent can declare one monster type each. The opposing player may not Summon or Set monsters of the declared card type as long as this card is face-up on the field. Destroy this card during your 5th Standby Phase after activation.[/spoiler]

This card is mainly aimed at Bujins, Fire Fist, and Dragons. However, I do think that most of the current metagame is to based on a specific type of monster and a card like this would probably cause some kind of disturbance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I'll join.

EDIT: 

Points sent. And here's my card.

[spoiler='The Noble Justice, Leonidas']ypIGrhp.jpg

Lore: Monsters cannot be Fusion Summoned except by banishing monsters from the controller's side of the field. This monster cannot be targeted by monster effects that activate in the graveyard.[/spoiler]

I basically made the card so that it would just destroy the impending doom that is Shaddoll. Keeps them from Special Summoning fast and having them destroy him by being sent to the graveyard.

Joining, and sending points shortly.

My card, designed to counter this Xyz Meta (Satellerknights especially, plus Battlin Boxers):

PQ4fmbt.jpg

Cannot be used as Xyz Material. During either player's turn: You can reveal this card in your hand, then target 1 Xyz Monster on your opponent's side of the field that has Xyz Material(s) attached to it; detach all Xyz Materials from that target, and if you do, Special Summon this card (from your hand). This effect of "Harrowing Arbiter" can only be used once per turn. If this card targets a face-up Xyz Monster for an attack: return both this card and the attack target from the field to the hand.

Why a Spellcaster Tuner, you ask? Well, Effect Veiler was a potent anti-meta card in her day, so I just want to bring another Spellcaster hand trap to the game :P .

i think i'll join, point will be sent shortly

card:

[spoiler='Entry']nmVMrET.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lore'']When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Change this card to Defense Position. This card is cannot be destroyed by battle with monster that was Special Summoned from Extra Deck.If your opponent control a monster that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Your opponent cannot activate cards effect that activates in Graveyard.[/spoiler]

specifically designed to counter shaddoll

it can also counter artifact/cosmic dragon if they summon extra deck monster

Count me in!

I can't really load in card art, so my cards will have to be written cards- I hope that's alright.

This is specifically designed to shut down GhosTricks. I HATE HATE HATE them.

"Eerie Silence"

Spell Card (Continuous)

As long as this card is face-up on the field, the only card effects that may activate are those of Spell Cards. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon one "Piper of Sleep and Wakefulness" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

"Piper of Sleep and Wakefulness"

DARK-Level 3-Fiend/Effect-900/400

As long as this monster is face-up on the field, no monsters on your side of the field may be flipped face-down. Once per turn, you may discard one card from your hand to flip one card on your opponent's side of the field face-down. If this monster leaves the field, place one "Eerie Silence" into your hand.

Joining, and sending points shortly.

My card, designed to counter this Xyz Meta (Satellerknights especially, plus Battlin Boxers):

PQ4fmbt.jpg

Cannot be used as Xyz Material. During either player's turn: You can reveal this card in your hand, then target 1 Xyz Monster on your opponent's side of the field that has Xyz Material(s) attached to it; detach all Xyz Materials from that target, and if you do, Special Summon this card (from your hand). This effect of "Harrowing Arbiter" can only be used once per turn. If this card targets a face-up Xyz Monster for an attack: return both this card and the attack target from the field to the hand.

Why a Spellcaster Tuner, you ask? Well, Effect Veiler was a potent anti-meta card in her day, so I just want to bring another Spellcaster hand trap to the game :P .

Lead yoke will hug you for detaching all its units O.o 

anywhoe, I'll join up. Sending points. 

I don't think I have to make this more obvious; but; Dragon rulers. 

FYQgKxn.jpg

[spoiler=Lore] Activate only when the effect of your opponent's Dragon-Type Monster activates, negate the effect and Destroy that Monster.

As long as this card remains Face-up on the field, Dragon-Type monsters cannot be banished and Dragon-Type monsters your opponent controls cannot activate their effects.  [/spoiler]

52wJJg8.jpg

[spoiler=lore] If you draw this card, reveal it to your opponent and shuffle it into your deck. When you do, draw 1 card. 

If a Face-up 'Seal of Dragons' you control was destroyed this turn, Special Summon this card from your Deck. When you do, Dragon-Type monsters cannot be banished and your opponent's Dragon-Type monsters cannot activate their effects for as long as this card is Face-up on the field.  [/spoiler]

0c0RJ7j.jpg
Lore:

Cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card does not leave the field if another Field Spell is played; instead, if another Field Spell is played, Banish it. During the Standby Phase: Activate this effect; if you cannot, send this card to the Graveyard. 
*Target 1 face-up Machine, Rock, or LIGHT Monster without a Acid Counter; place 1 Acid Counter on that target. While those monsters have Acid Counters on them, they gain "During your Standby Phase: This card's ATK/DEF become 1000 less."

Basically, it's anti- Ancient Gear, Chronomaly, and Constellar. It might be a little op, though

Archived